PDA

View Full Version : Simon Goines

OK2U
2/14/2011, 11:59 AM
The offensive line talent that the state of Texas will produce in 2012 will be on par with the best in the country, and Keller Central's Simon Goines is a big reason for that.
He hit a growth spurt his freshman year and now stands at 6-foot-8 and 281 pounds. Baylor and Houston have already made offers to him, but a recent trip to Oklahoma's Junior Day has put the Sooners at the top of his list.
"Oklahoma is my No. 1 choice right now after their Junior Day," Goines said. "I really liked what I saw there. They make it impossible to fail at that school unless you try."
Goines said he was interested in Oklahoma prior to his visit, and had OU pegged as his No. 3 choice. His top five in order are Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Oregon, Nebraska and Arizona.
A full slate of AAU basketball hindered Goines' ability to hit the summer-camp circuit in the past.
But that will change this summer with planned camp visits to Notre Dame, Tennessee, Oregon and Nebraska.
He will go to Baylor's Junior Day on Sunday and Texas Tech's on Feb. 26.
Tshimanga in demand
Richland linebacker Jeremiah Tshimanga has four offers, another one believed to be on the way and countless more likely in the coming months.
Tshimanga is 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, runs a 4.6 40-yard dash and is versatile enough to play a multitude of positions at the next level.
Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Texas Tech have made offers.
Tshimanga believes that Oregon, which visited him at school two weeks ago, will soon offer.
"My recruiting is going pretty good," he said. "I am hearing from schools across the nation from the SEC, the Big 12, Pac-10. They are recruiting me as a DeMarcus Ware type. Others are recruiting me as a fullback. I'll do whatever they want me to."
Tshimanga was scheduled to go to Texas' Junior Day over the weekend but couldn't make it because of his sister's birthday.
He missed LSU's Junior Day two weeks ago because he couldn't find a way there. He has been invited to Junior Days at Kansas and Oklahoma State this weekend, but hasn't decided which one he will attend. He's going to Baylor's on Sunday.
Clowney's decision due
Jadeveon Clowney, the nation's No. 1 overall prospect and defensive end from Rock Hill (S.C.) South Pointe High School, will make his college decision this morning.
He's expected to sign with Alabama, Clemson or South Carolina, which is considered the favorite.
The 6-foot-6, 247-pound Clowney, who runs a 4.53 40-yard dash, had 19.5 sacks as a senior.
Four more for Texas
The Longhorns' customary fast recruiting start continued over the weekend with four more commitments: DeSoto offensive lineman Curtis Riser, Copperas Cove athlete Orlando Thomas, Denton Ryan linebacker Alex De La Torre and Dallas Bishop Dunne defensive tackle Alex Norman, the grandson of former Dallas Cowboys tight end Pettis Norman.
Texas now has five commitments for 2012. Its first commitment came from Arizona quarterback Connor Brewer.
William Wilkerson, 817-390-7760

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/02/13/2845685/keller-central-lineman-favors.html#ixzz1DxAbd8cb

-

SOONER STEAKER
2/21/2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for sharing. SPEK SENT!

Keep sending them Texans across the border to play for the real BIG RED!!