PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else becoming obsessed with Mumford and Sons?

SunnySooner
2/14/2011, 09:56 AM
Yes, I know the lead singer looks a little like our favorite knife-wielding missionary to the Philippines, but I'm digging these guys, they play the hell out of those instruments, refreshing in an age of a lot of trash.

TmOKEfORIgE&feature=related

SunnySooner
2/14/2011, 10:04 AM
Love this one, too.

CAUTION: F WORD! But tasteful. ;)

jJkSmErWc20&feature=related

unbiasedtruth
2/14/2011, 10:09 AM
ya Sunny I am. found a link to them from a Old Crow Medicine Show video.

SunnySooner
2/14/2011, 12:50 PM
Yep, love OCMS too... I'm just going thru all their videos, not getting anything done, but hearing some amazing music. I may need an intervention.

SoonerJack
2/14/2011, 12:53 PM
Both of my sons are Mumford fans. Youngest even asked for a banjo for Christmas. I like some of their stuff.

A Sooner in Texas
2/14/2011, 12:55 PM
Did you watch them on the Grammys last night? They were awesome...and I'd never heard of the Avett Bros. who played right after them, but enjoyed them too. I'm also liking Florence and the Machine. Check out her performance of "Cosmic Love" on Letterman (it's on YouTube).

SunnySooner
2/14/2011, 01:15 PM
Did you watch them on the Grammys last night? They were awesome...and I'd never heard of the Avett Bros. who played right after them, but enjoyed them too. I'm also liking Florence and the Machine. Check out her performance of "Cosmic Love" on Letterman (it's on YouTube).

Ditto on the Avetts...I think I should save them for tomorrow, I'm gonna have to feed my kids at some point.

I'll check out Florence, et al. I just love music that is made by actual musicians, ya know? I appreciate the hard work and the talent.

A Sooner in Texas
2/14/2011, 02:43 PM
Ditto on the Avetts...I think I should save them for tomorrow, I'm gonna have to feed my kids at some point.

I'll check out Florence, et al. I just love music that is made by actual musicians, ya know? I appreciate the hard work and the talent.

I definitely feel the same way. Florence and the Machine is pretty big, bombastic music, but the performance on Letterman got me intrigued.