PDA

View Full Version : Exciting title that turns out rather mundane

sappstuf
2/13/2011, 08:20 PM
Beauty Queen Stripped of Crown for "Eating One Too Many Tacos"

SAN ANTONIO, Tx. -- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- or in the hands of a Texas pageant judge. 17-year-old Domonique Ramirez is the reigning Miss San Antonio, but not for long. She is actually suing to keep her crown from the pageant board who wants to strip away her title.

So what did she do? Pose nude? Sex tape? Snort coke? No, she ate one too many tacos and was late. The board is charging Ramirez with "gaining excessive weight, showing up late to official events, and insubordination. They have already moved to give the crown to runner-up Ashley Dixon.

Linda Woods, a spokeswoman for the Brexar County pageant board says, "As a Miss San Antonio reigning queen, she has to live up to our rules and regulations and the standards of our contract."

"She was doing a photo shoot and asked to wear her wardrobe from the competition, but it did not fit her. I told her we need to get you on an exercise program. We need to get ready to compete for Miss Texas, just like any elite athlete."

Woods has avoided the weight card but she did tell a local radio station, "I said, you know, 'Get off the tacos, get off the chips and the soda.' Because she's 17, and that's what these kids eat."

Ramirez is not handing that crown over without a fight. She won a temporary restraining order postponing the case until a February 16th hearing.

Ramirez says she's 5'8, weighs 129 pounds, and is a size 2. She says the allegations are false.

"I have shown up to every single event they have scheduled for me during my reign," Ramirez told a local newspaper. "I have been five or 10 minutes late to some, but only because I didn't have a chaperone, which they did promise me."

A tearful Ramirez at a press conference went on to say, "If I get my crown, great. If I don't, the only thing I'm asking is to clear my name. I'm 17. I shouldn't have to be slandered like this and my future shouldn't have to be ruined over this."

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2011-02/59385588.jpg

47straight
2/13/2011, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating tacos.

btk108
2/13/2011, 09:55 PM
HILARIOUS!

soonercruiser
2/13/2011, 09:59 PM
I thought eating vast quantities and quantities of tacos was a requirement for TX citizenship? :rolleyes:

DIB
2/14/2011, 10:10 AM
If she knew that maintaining a certain weight was part of the requirements of keeping her position, then she has no right to complain. Maybe if more people were called out, when they started to gain weight, this country wouldn't be so fat.

Sooner11JK
2/14/2011, 10:25 AM
I like tacos!

You invited Eric?

I thought Eric gave you da creeps?

SoCaliSooner
2/14/2011, 10:36 AM
Don't chicks puke anymore to achieve a goal?

Wishboned
2/14/2011, 11:17 AM
The same thing happened to Vanessa Williams.

rekamrettuB
2/14/2011, 11:24 AM
Linda Woods is obviously racist. You can't say "Get off the tacos" to someone named Ramirez.

jumperstop
2/14/2011, 02:38 PM
Linda Woods is obviously racist. You can't say "Get off the tacos" to someone named Ramirez.

Woods has avoided the weight card but she did tell a local radio station, "I said, you know, 'Get off the tacos, get off the chips and the soda.' Because she's 17, and that's what these kids eat."
Sounds like she is seriously trying to defend herself from being a racist.

Anyone who is a size two though is not fat....

47straight
2/14/2011, 02:53 PM

Don't tell that to DIB.

2121Sooner
2/14/2011, 03:01 PM
129 lbs > 115 lbs

Fatty

jumperstop
2/14/2011, 03:12 PM
129 lbs > 115 lbs

Fatty

My dog almost weighs that much....not fat

2121Sooner
2/14/2011, 03:15 PM
But your dog isnt running in a beauty contest.

You arent an Aggie are you?

SoCaliSooner
2/14/2011, 03:30 PM

I disagree. She may be able to put on size two clothing...but thats's far from being an actual size two. If they are telling her to drop some weight, then she probably doesn't look as good as she used to. Nobody wants to see some 17 year old with flab and a gut.

Notice the photo is just of her head? She's porked up....

jumperstop
2/14/2011, 03:43 PM
I disagree. She may be able to put on size two clothing...but thats's far from being an actual size two. If they are telling her to drop some weight, then she probably doesn't look as good as she used to. Nobody wants to see some 17 year old with flab and a gut.

Notice the photo is just of her head? She's porked up....

The 129 pound girl needs to lose weight...right. You're a terrible person.

Edit: Turns out she's on the light side, even for a small frame person of her height.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

jumperstop
2/14/2011, 03:58 PM
But your dog isnt running in a beauty contest.

You arent an Aggie are you?

My dog could compete in a beauty contest, a dog beauty contest.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/jumperstop/2010-10-27220556.jpg

rekamrettuB
2/14/2011, 03:58 PM

Yep...a little too late there honey. The damage is done.

2121Sooner
2/14/2011, 04:04 PM
Not just fat.....but fat and LAZY!!!!

No, she ate one too many tacos and was late. The board is charging Ramirez with "gaining excessive weight, showing up late to official events, and insubordination.

Typical

sappstuf
3/24/2011, 05:48 PM
Update

Jury Decides In Favor Of Beauty Queen (http://www.ksat.com/news/27312364/detail.html)

Victory party at Taco Cabana tonight!!

OrlandoSooner
3/24/2011, 05:55 PM
Update

Victory party at Taco Cabana tonight!!

Mmmmm. Taco Cabana. I love me some TC!

I'd be 20lbs. heavier if I still lived in Texas. TC's is like crack cocaine for me...

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 06:10 PM

I'd be 20lbs. heavier if I still lived in Texas. TC's is like crack cocaine for me...

No offense, but TC is about = crack cocaine. Hell, step up a couple notches and get a Taco Mayo or Taco Hell crappy taco.

The Maestro
3/24/2011, 06:13 PM
You don't appreciate a Taco Bueno taco until you live in AZ and they don't have them!

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 06:16 PM
You don't appreciate a Taco Bueno taco until you live in AZ and they don't have them!

Dude, I would give you ONE MILLION TB tacos for a single Carne Seca chimichanga. Or some REAL chile verde or chili colorado, con asadero queso.

Mexican food in OK is da suck. Appreciate what you have. Of course you're in Phoenix, so you guys probably only get the chains...

jumperstop
3/24/2011, 07:10 PM
Dude, I would give you ONE MILLION TB tacos for a single Carne Seca chimichanga. Or some REAL chile verde or chili colorado, con asadero queso.

Mexican food in OK is da suck. Appreciate what you have. Of course you're in Phoenix, so you guys probably only get the chains...

When I was in Scottsdale for the Fiesta Bowl we ate at this "authentic" mexican place. It may have been authentic, but I'll take me some nonauthentic Tara Humara anytime over that other stuff. It wasn't bad, just not what I'm used to. In America, Mexican= Tex Mex, which is better Imo.

SoonerStormchaser
3/24/2011, 08:36 PM
Tarahumara sucks balls! I don't think you'd find more grease at a Jiffy Lube than they have in all their entrees. And they're grossly overpriced too.

Now...I was TDY to Yuma, Arizona last year...that was some good **** at their Mexican joints!

Boomer.....
3/24/2011, 08:44 PM
Dead.
To.
Me.

AlbqSooner
3/25/2011, 05:51 AM
This happened in tejas. I blame Bush.

OrlandoSooner
3/25/2011, 09:40 AM
No offense, but TC is about = crack cocaine. Hell, step up a couple notches and get a Taco Mayo or Taco Hell crappy taco.

There were no Mayo's where I grew up, so I got hooked on the hard stuff early on...

In my opinion:

Taste of food
TC > Bueno > Bell

Cleanliness of restaraunt
Bueno > Bell=TC

Boomer.....
3/25/2011, 09:49 AM
Cabana is only good at 2 am when you are drunk. Otherwise it is barely edible.

Bueno is the best of the taco chains.

The Profit
3/25/2011, 10:31 AM
I would like to watch her eat a taco or two.

jumperstop
3/25/2011, 11:35 AM
Tarahumara sucks balls! I don't think you'd find more grease at a Jiffy Lube than they have in all their entrees. And they're grossly overpriced too.

Now...I was TDY to Yuma, Arizona last year...that was some good **** at their Mexican joints!

Tell that to the people packing the place every weekend....And if all you can complain about a Mexican (Tex Mex) place is that it's greasy, then you probably don't have much to complain about. People aren't going out to eat, especially a place like that to get the vegetable sampler, they want cheesy, saucy, and meaty foods that were probably cooked with a lot of grease. Also they are not any more overpriced than any other mexican place in OK and honestly you get a lot more food than I got at that "authentic" place in Arizona for about half the price. Make your dishes 20 dollars and give tiny portions and people think they are eating fancy. At least they have real Mexicans working there, and it's the same people everytime. They don't just stick a couple of Mexicans in the kitchen and have the white highschool girls serving you like most other places. Quickest and best service of any restaurant hands down.

soonercruiser
3/25/2011, 02:58 PM

Nah!
Breakfast tacos at Jim's had us hooked!
:D