PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing an informal survey

MamaMia
2/12/2011, 11:03 PM
If you wanted someone, who already does lots of favors for you, to do you another favor, would you call and say..."I need a favor, so call me back" or would you tell them what you needed since you were leaving a message anyway? :confused:

SanJoaquinSooner
2/12/2011, 11:24 PM
It depends.

MamaMia
2/12/2011, 11:30 PM
It depends.On what? :D

SanJoaquinSooner
2/12/2011, 11:36 PM
How complex is the explanation of the favor?

MamaMia
2/12/2011, 11:41 PM
How complex is the explanation of the favor?

She never asks for any complex favors; just ongoing, time consuming stuff, like run to the store for me, give me a ride, take care of my dog, bring me some Chinese food, and etc. She doesn't have a car.

I just don't like to be caught off guard and put on the spot. I didnt call back this time. I'm too tired.

MR2-Sooner86
2/12/2011, 11:52 PM
As stated, it depends on what you're asking for.

If it's to help pull your car out of a ditch and you need his 4x4 you'd tell him as it was urgent.

If it was to move you might tell him the date you need some help but not all the details.

If you're a swinger and you want to nail his wife while he nails yours you'd probably want him to call you back so you wouldn't ruin the surprise by spilling the beans all at once.

OUthunder
2/12/2011, 11:53 PM
cash is always a fine way to say thank you.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/13/2011, 12:07 AM
She never asks for any complex favors; just ongoing, time consuming stuff, like run to the store for me, give me a ride, take care of my dog, bring me some Chinese food, and etc. She doesn't have a car.

I just don't like to be caught off guard and put on the spot. I didnt call back this time. I'm too tired.

Oh, I thought you were contemplating asking a favor of someone else. Yeah, I don't blame you for not calling back. do they have some emotional string they know how to pull?

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 12:21 AM
Oh, I thought you were contemplating asking a favor of someone else. Yeah, I don't blame you for not calling back. do they have some emotional string they know how to pull?I could be wrong but I think she knows I'm just all favored out and its harder for me to say "no" or come up with an excuse as not to cause any hurt feelings when they actually have me on the phone. :(

So...I was just wondering if some people might hold off on asking for the favor because its harder to say "no" when you're actually talking to them that moment.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/13/2011, 12:24 AM
I wouldn't ask in the first place.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish and you'll find him drunk in a boat asking you to get him some chinese food.

mgsooner
2/13/2011, 01:20 AM
Survey says!!!

Blue
2/13/2011, 01:22 AM
I hate you. What was the question?

olevetonahill
2/13/2011, 01:35 AM
If you wanted someone, who already does lots of favors for you, to do you another favor, would you call and say..."I need a favor, so call me back" or would you tell them what you needed since you were leaving a message anyway? :confused:

I would simply say" You've done so much and I hate to ask, Can you please call me back ? I need more help"
;)

proud gonzo
2/13/2011, 02:02 AM
I could be wrong but I think she knows I'm just all favored out and its harder for me to say "no" or come up with an excuse as not to cause any hurt feelings when they actually have me on the phone. :(

So...I was just wondering if some people might hold off on asking for the favor because its harder to say "no" when you're actually talking to them that moment.
bingo.

Blue
2/13/2011, 02:04 AM
I could be wrong but I think she knows I'm just all favored out and its harder for me to say "no" or come up with an excuse as not to cause any hurt feelings when they actually have me on the phone. :(

You're such a great person. I'm sure you'd never want anything in return for your precious time.

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 02:12 AM
You're such a great person. I'm sure you'd never want anything in return for your precious time.

I don't want nor do I need anything in return from her. If I needed someone to do something for me, I wouldn't have any problem telling them exactly what I needed on their voice mail.

Blue
2/13/2011, 02:17 AM
I don't want nor do I need anything in return from her. If I needed someone to do something for me, I wouldn't have any problem telling them exactly what I needed on their voice mail.

Of course you don't. You are a Saint. All praise you and your all forgiving all loving nature.

sooner59
2/13/2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I would just tell them what I needed. If it was very important/sensitive info, I would get that point across as to why I didn't want to divulge on an answering machine. If it was just "I need a favor, call me back.", I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't want to call them back either.

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 02:24 AM
Of course you don't. You are a Saint. All praise you and your all forgiving all loving nature.Look jerk. If I was going to keep asking someone for favors I would at least have the guts to say what I wanted. It gets annoying after a while.

Blue
2/13/2011, 02:29 AM
Look jerk. If I was going to keep asking someone for favors I would at least have the guts to say what I wanted. It gets annoying after a while.

Hey...would you quit cussing me out in spek, you freakin angel?

Here's a secret...nobody cares about your so-called bs problems, ok?

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I would just tell them what I needed. If it was very important/sensitive info, I would get that point across as to why I didn't want to divulge on an answering machine. If it was just "I need a favor, call me back.", I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't want to call them back either.

Its my private voice mail. She knows that I am the only one who would ever hear what she said, so theres no reason why she cant elaborate. I feel that in order to have respect for my personal time, it would be nice to know what kind of time frame I'm looking at in order to help her, and make it easier for me to fit whatever she needs into my schedule.

sooner59
2/13/2011, 02:42 AM
I hear ya about the respect. Can't blame you there.

Blue
2/13/2011, 02:47 AM
Its my private voice mail. She knows that I am the only one who would ever hear what she said, so theres no reason why she cant elaborate. I feel that in order to have respect for my personal time, it would be nice to know what kind of time frame I'm looking at in order to help her, and make it easier for me to fit whatever she needs into my schedule.

You tell me to STFU in spek? Who wants advice from a bitter old hag like you?

I know your type. Everybodys tired of your **** so you take to the "net."

Again, here's a secret, nobody gives a ****, lady.

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 02:48 AM
I hear ya about the respect. Can't blame you there.She doesn't have text messaging and she knows that its harder for me to say "no" when I'm talking to her, and I think she takes advantage of that, even though it cuts into what I need to do for my own family.

...just wondering if anyone else ever encountered this type of thing, and if so, how they handled it. :)

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 02:54 AM

If thats the way you feel, then why don't you simply move on to another thread? You've been acting like a jerk ever since I beat your *** in Pool Jam. Grow up.

Thuth is... I gave 2 negs to pay you back for the 8 you gave me. Not that I care like you do, you lousy drunk.

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:00 AM
If thats the way you feel, then why don't you simply move on to another thread? You've been acting like a jerk ever since I beat your *** in Pool Jam. Grow up.

Thuth is... I gave 2 negs to pay you back for the 8 you gave me. Not that I care like you do.

Pool Jam??????!!!! Hahahahahhahaa!!!

And no sweetheart you negged me twice with bitter old comments before I did anything.

Truth is I've never seen a thread around here where you did anything but talk about you. Well guess what, It aint all about YOU!

I can't stand your fake *** and your fake *** persona. You might be a nice lady but you are not on here. That's how I feel. let me also say I've been a total dhead on these forums too so it takes one to know one.

Peace.

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:02 AM
Not that I care like you do, you lousy drunk.

And you added that after the fact. I haven't touched a drink in 16 hours but I wouldn't doubt you are hammered on some toddies right now.

Collier11
2/13/2011, 03:08 AM
this thread is weird

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:09 AM
I've hated this chick since 04'. Sorry.

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 03:12 AM
Pool Jam??????!!!! Hahahahahhahaa!!!

And no sweetheart you negged me twice with bitter old comments before I did anything.

Truth is I've never seen a thread around here where you did anything but talk about you. Well guess what, It aint all about YOU!

I can't stand your fake *** and your fake *** persona. You might be a nice lady but you are not on here. That's how I feel. let me also say I've been a total dhead on these forums too so it takes one to know one.

Peace.

BS. Are you still bitter at me because you got banned on slicks? You would have to really cross the line to get banned on that site. :D

I have nothing more to say to you and most of us know all about your huge drinking and lying problem. Get help.

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:14 AM
BS. Are you still bitter at me because you got banned on slicks? You would have to really cross the line to get banned on that site. :D

I have nothing more to say to you and most of us know all about your huge drinking and lying problem. Get help.

Please expand. It should make an interesting read. Much better than your bs.

I was young and I didn't care. That usually equals a ban.

SoonerKnight
2/13/2011, 03:20 AM

Worry about yourself first and then help someone else out. Obviously this is stress on you so I would tell this person look I am tired your gonna have to ask someone else. Otherwise they are taking advantage of you and the relationship is lop sided.

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:20 AM
most of us know all about your huge drinking and lying problem. Get help.

The drinking I'll admit but lying? Please let us know about your attempted character assassination. Who did I lie to?

olevetonahill
2/13/2011, 03:24 AM
Of course you don't. You are a Saint. All praise you and your all forgiving all loving nature.

Thot you quit being a durnk dick ?:eek:

olevetonahill
2/13/2011, 03:26 AM

Cody,. This is why ya got bained from the Hideout
Come on Yer better than this
:mad:

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:28 AM
Thot you quit being a durnk dick ?:eek:

Did you fail to read this thread before the pm? Heh. Can I not be the "Ole Vet Loose cannon?"

I have no respect for a lady thats never given it. Sorry.

olevetonahill
2/13/2011, 03:31 AM
Did you fail to read this thread before the pm? Heh. Can I not be the "Ole Vet Loose cannon?"

I have no respect for a lady thats never given it. Sorry.

Yes i did . sorry bro, But Mom is just a sweetheart and we as MEN can cut her some slack

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:32 AM
Cody,. This is why ya got bained from the Hideout
Come on Yer better than this
:mad:

Yeah. Well good thing I'm doing my own thing. haha. I love ya man but there is no way I'll take **** from others on the net or take the net to seriously.

I love all you guys but damn, Im me.

I dont post that often anymore. I do look forward to tailgates, but...

SoonerKnight
2/13/2011, 03:32 AM
Blue don't let that shat bother you so much go back to the hang out!

SoonerKnight
2/13/2011, 03:33 AM
She's always been cool from what I have seen. Take it out on KC and SJS Blue!! :D Don't be the party pooper!

Blue
2/13/2011, 03:59 AM
I apologize mama for talking smack to you. I really made a promise to myself that nobody on this website would P me off. Who knew it would be you?

Again, I'm sorry and I won't respond to you ever...again.

Of course Im prob lying and wasted so.....

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 04:41 AM
I apologize mama for talking smack to you. I really made a promise to myself that nobody on this website would P me off. Who knew it would be you?

Again, I'm sorry and I won't respond to you ever...again.

Of course Im prob lying and wasted so.....

Thank you. Lets just let it go. :)

proud gonzo
2/13/2011, 04:49 PM
She doesn't have text messaging and she knows that its harder for me to say "no" when I'm talking to her, and I think she takes advantage of that, even though it cuts into what I need to do for my own family.

...just wondering if anyone else ever encountered this type of thing, and if so, how they handled it. :)
So if you already knew that, why'd you need to ask us? She obviously wants to manipulate you and you obviously want us to think you're a nice person for helping out some needy, annoying chick. It all seems pretty straightforward to me. :)

SoCaliSooner
2/13/2011, 05:30 PM
I got a Pepsi big wig neighbor who was always giving me cases and cases of AMP and Rockstar that I would take to work. I told him I liked Diet Dr. Pepper and he started bringing me cases of that. I soon realized Pepsi distributes Gatorade and asked him for as much as he could get. No problem....

waynepayne
2/13/2011, 06:52 PM
I got a Pepsi big wig neighbor who was always giving me cases and cases of AMP and Rockstar that I would take to work. I told him I liked Diet Dr. Pepper and he started bringing me cases of that. I soon realized Pepsi distributes Gatorade and asked him for as much as he could get. No problem....

Soco you need a new story. truly...

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 08:18 PM
So if you already knew that, why'd you need to ask us? She obviously wants to manipulate you and you obviously want us to think you're a nice person for helping out some needy, annoying chick. It all seems pretty straightforward to me. :) Actually, I wanted to know if people ask y'all for favors without telling you what they want? :D

I hate that. :P Maybe I'm just being too touchy. :O

btk108
2/13/2011, 09:42 PM
If they're a friend, I dont' mind asking if I NEED a favor, because they can ask me for the same anytime. Heh...and some of them don't mind calling me in the middle of the night.

olevetonahill
2/13/2011, 09:46 PM
If they're a friend, I dont' mind asking if I NEED a favor, because they can ask me for the same anytime. Heh...and some of them don't mind calling me in the middle of the night.

It wernt Midnight and I were tryin to do YOU a favor ya prick:P

Collier11
2/13/2011, 09:50 PM
need a Navajo code breaker when VET calls after 10pm :D

btk108
2/13/2011, 09:52 PM
Vet...I wasn't talkin about you. *L* A buddy of mine called at 3 am one time and asked me to deliver a spare tire to him 60 miles away.

btk108
2/13/2011, 09:53 PM
Oh crap! I was supposed to call you back, huh? It's been a busy weekend, you're going to have to learn to text.

olevetonahill
2/13/2011, 09:58 PM
Oh crap! I was supposed to call you back, huh? It's been a busy weekend, you're going to have to learn to text.

i can do a coupla words but it takes me 4ever. I gave Jim the message, Yall hook up

SoCaliSooner
2/13/2011, 10:44 PM
Soco you need a new story. truly...

I'm not understanding your woman jibber jabber.....

DIB
2/14/2011, 10:23 AM

I have a friend that fits in the bolded description. He doesn't mind asking anyone for the most absurd favors, because he would gladly return them. The problem is that no one in my group of friends ever needs a favor from him. He is the nicest guy in the world, but somehow manages to be the most selfish guy at the same time.

I'm not sure if that fits in this thread.

PS Is Blue Stu's protege? He's the only other male poster I know that attacks female posters so aggressively in seemingly unprovoked attacks.

soonerbrat
2/14/2011, 10:47 AM

it's OK to say NO without an excuse.

soonerbrat
2/14/2011, 10:50 AM
She doesn't have text messaging and she knows that its harder for me to say "no" when I'm talking to her, and I think she takes advantage of that, even though it cuts into what I need to do for my own family.

there's your excuse right there. "No, my family needs me" and if she asks "what for" just say "now why on earth would you ask me that?"

XingTheRubicon
2/14/2011, 12:01 PM
favor asker- I need a favor.

me- what

favor asker- Can you drive me to Henryetta?

me- when?

favor asker- Thursday

me- No, I can't.

favor asker- Why?

me- I'm watching TV Thursday.

favor asker- ?

Blue
2/14/2011, 01:44 PM
PS Is Blue Stu's protege? He's the only other male poster I know that attacks female posters so aggressively in seemingly unprovoked attacks.

Yeah, because it happened all of one time. Believe me I'm equal opportunity. Weve spatted in the past and it got the best of me the other night.

Thanks for your opinion, though.

DIB
2/14/2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, because it happened all of one time. Believe me I'm equal opportunity. Weve spatted in the past and it got the best of me the other night.

Thanks for your opinion, though.

You seem bitter.

I said it was a seemingly unprovoked attack, because it certainly seemed that way. You escalated rapidly in comparison to the reaction that you got. I'm sure there was some secret legitimate reason for your overreaction to a thread that had nothing to do with you, but it certainly did not come across.

Blue
2/14/2011, 02:00 PM
You seem bitter.

I said it was a seemingly unprovoked attack, because it certainly seemed that way. You escalated rapidly in comparison to the reaction that you got. I'm sure there was some secret legitimate reason for your overreaction to a thread that had nothing to do with you, but it certainly did not come across.

Ok thanks. I'm not gonna rehash it. I shouldve kept my mouth shut, but I'm only slowly getting better at that.