PDA

View Full Version : Bball recruits

Big D Sooner
2/12/2011, 11:34 AM
So, I see two commits for the next 2 years. One is described as "not a phenomenal athlete" and the other is a JUCO kid. Neither are point guards. How is it that we are going back to competing for big XII championships? I may be missing it but I am not seeing a master plan here.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/12/2011, 04:15 PM
At least they both have some size. They will be able to come in and contribute right away. With that being said, if these are the only guys we sign we are screwed. Capel won't last the next 2 yrs if that happens.

Collier11
2/12/2011, 05:30 PM
We are in on a guy named Guerrero from Cali who is a big time PG recruit, if Capel lands him he could really make a diff

yankee
2/12/2011, 08:17 PM
So, I see two commits for the next 2 years. One is described as "not a phenomenal athlete" and the other is a JUCO kid. Neither are point guards. How is it that we are going back to competing for big XII championships? I may be missing it but I am not seeing a master plan here.

The JUCO kid, Goff, should make an impact this coming year. He can rebound and defend, so that'll be nice since we are lacking in those two areas. You also need to remember we have Romero Osby redshirting so that will give us an additional big man. He's been hyped up pretty good this year by Coach Capel and Osby's teammates. Like collier said, we're going pretty hard after Guerrero. Some folks in the know think we are in the lead, but I don't put much stock in that. We're also going after this guy...

Phillip Jurick- Visited OU the same week Guerrero did. They were both at the game together, I forget which one it was. We "appear" to be in the lead with him, and he's one big dude.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Philip-Jurick-119634