PDA

View Full Version : Help me beat down some whorns

BigTip
2/11/2011, 07:18 PM
I don't know if this is cool to post this sort of thing here, but I'll give it a shot. This is purely for personal gain, to get something for nothing. I'll rationalize it by setting this up as me, a life long loyal Sooner (I sold cokes at the games for about four years during high school) vs. some typical Austin whorn fans. So you can help me out, or you can flame me for being a d**k. ;)

Anyway, I participated in a prank on my wife on 101X radio, here in Austin. They were doing a thing all week where someone would call their significant other and tell some outrageous story to try and get a reaction. When I first heard about it I wanted to do it just to get my restaurant mentioned on the air. After I was picked to do it, I found out that the participant that gets the most votes as the best one of the week would win a big prize package. Deb, one of the DJs, has encouraged us to get everyone to vote for us. “Do it multiple times, we don’t care.”

So if you can help us out, that would be great.

Go to:

http://www.101x.com/morningx/audio.aspx

To listen to the bit, go to the box MORNINGX AUDIO CLIPS. Ours is the second one down, “Carl-I’m going to jail” It runs about 4 minutes.

But, more importantly, scroll down the column on the right side of the page, below “MORNINGX FACEBOOK” to the box labeled,
"WHAT DO YOU THINK?"

Vote for “Carl-I’m going to jail”

It says you can vote once every 12 hours.

If we win I'll put a "OU #1" on my street sign and take a picture of it and post it here.

Thanks in advance.
Carl "Big Tip"

Edit/Delete Message

olevetonahill
2/11/2011, 07:20 PM
Sounds good to me, Ill go vote :D

olevetonahill
2/11/2011, 07:24 PM
Sompun aint werkin right, I caint Vote Nor will it let me see Results .:confused:

BigTip
2/11/2011, 07:35 PM
Did you find the voting box? It's on the lower right hand side of the page. You have to scroll down to it.

olevetonahill
2/11/2011, 07:38 PM
Found it, No Prob there
But when I tried to Vote Nuthin happened and then clicked on Results and NUTHIN .:confused:

SoonerPride93
2/11/2011, 07:53 PM
I was gonna vote and then i listened and yours was by far not the best one...but i voted anyways.

BigTip
2/11/2011, 08:10 PM
I was gonna vote and then i listened and yours was by far not the best one...but i voted anyways.

Thank you.

Have you lost weight? You're looking good!

(Free compliments for each voter!)

sooner ngintunr
2/11/2011, 08:23 PM
Deb would get it. jes sayin.

I voted.

BigTip
2/11/2011, 08:34 PM
Deb would get it. jes sayin.

I voted.

She would be all over some one like you. But I'm sure you are use to women throwing themselves at you.

Thanks for the vote

MamaMia
2/11/2011, 09:29 PM
Its going to be pretty tough beating out the "I'm going on the bachelor show" one but I gave you the vote. I'll do the same later since we can vote every 12 hours. Good luck Sooner guy. :D

BigTip
2/11/2011, 09:47 PM
MamaMia, thank you for that. You sound incredibly intelligent.

olevetonahill
2/11/2011, 10:17 PM
I think my vote counted bro the Results deal showed up in another window,

MamaMia
2/11/2011, 10:18 PM

Thats not exactly what a girl wants to hear, but thank you.

BigTip
2/11/2011, 10:24 PM
I thought that's what you breathtakingly hot girls liked to hear.

Sorry.

;)

soonerloyal
2/11/2011, 11:00 PM
Done, voted for ya.

Couldn't help but give a thumbs-down to the bitch trying to prank her boyfriend serving in Iraq, though. What a worthless, unfunny skank.

http://www.101x.com/morningx/audio/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10204134

MamaMia
2/11/2011, 11:08 PM
I thought that's what you breathtakingly hot girls liked to hear.

Sorry.

;) Well, yes...I suppose you're right. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/shy02.gif

CarolinaSoonerFan
2/12/2011, 12:38 AM
You got my vote.

BigTip
2/12/2011, 09:58 AM
You got my vote.

You are the best Sooner in South Carolina that I know!

Your aura of coolness exudes even in your posts.

olevetonahill
2/12/2011, 10:16 AM
Just voted again
You have a Big lead,

LesNessman
2/12/2011, 02:02 PM
Voted too.

PLaw
2/12/2011, 04:36 PM
Done.

BOOMER

King Barry's Back
2/12/2011, 04:45 PM
Got my vote. And you're way out in front!

Sooner_Tuf
2/13/2011, 01:08 AM
Carl is at 56%. Looking good. The closest competitor has less than half as many votes.

SoonerBread
2/13/2011, 02:31 AM
Voted. It's not close. When does the voting end?

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 03:23 AM
Voted again. You have the lead at 55%. I hope you get those back stage passes. Your wife seems really sweet. :)

BigTip
2/13/2011, 08:24 AM
They said they would announce the winners on the show on Monday morning. I assume that means that the voting will continue until early Monday morning when a staffer comes in to look at the totals.

Thanks so much for y'all's votes. Below is the prize that I am going for, from their website. My wife and I thought it was a good enough deal to go out and bother our friends about it. lol

VALENTINE'S DAY GIVEAWAY:

Are you in trouble with your significant other? Well, we have a way to make it up to her or him. We want you to e-mail [email protected] with your phone number, and we will select certain people to participate in a (relatively) harmless contest, and the winner will get:

- Tickets and backstage passes to Cirque du Soleil
- 7-course meal catered to your tastes at Finn & Porter's
- Haircut and partial highlights from Salon Intuitions
- Love Knot necklace and earring set from Americus Diamond
- $1000 Ideal Image gift certificate

Oh, and that's just if you win. If you're just selected to participate, you win:

- Tickets to Cirque du Soleil
- $25 gift certificate to Priscilla McCall's
- 5 Texas Lottery Black Ticket scratch-off tickets (a chance to win $1 million)
- 1 dozen Amy's chocolate-covered strawberries
- $50 in Salon Intuitions products

cleller
2/13/2011, 08:31 AM
I voted for you. No compliment needed, my head is already pumpkin-sized.

I smell a vote tampering stink coming on. Oh well, will get Soonerfans mentioned on the radio in Austin.

BigTip
2/13/2011, 09:53 AM
I smell a vote tampering stink coming on. Oh well, will get Soonerfans mentioned on the radio in Austin.

lol, the DJ encouraged ballot box stuffing, so no stink a comin'.

I am making notes for my acceptance speech just in case they want an on air interview. I will duly note all those that contributed. The SoonerFan mention in the land of the whorn will be doubly sweet. Maybe not so good for business though! :P But I don't care, 'cause that's how I roll. ;)

BOOMER!

brainpimp
2/13/2011, 12:33 PM
Voted for ya. Still showing big lead Midday Sunday.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2011, 12:56 PM
I voted. No compliment necessary.

MamaMia
2/13/2011, 04:20 PM

I am making notes for my acceptance speech just in case they want an on air interview. I will duly note all those that contributed. The SoonerFan mention in the land of the whorn will be doubly sweet. Maybe not so good for business though! :P But I don't care, 'cause that's how I roll. ;)

BOOMER!

Be sure to let us know when you're doing the acceptance speech. MamaMia is pronounced just like its spelled. :)

Good luck. The prizes are cool!

KBoomer11
2/13/2011, 04:45 PM
Got my vote in for you. You're going to win in a landslide.

CrimsonJim
2/13/2011, 06:17 PM
Just voted. BOOMER! :D

BigTip
2/13/2011, 07:06 PM
Be sure to let us know when you're doing the acceptance speech. MamaMia is pronounced just like its spelled. :)

Good luck. The prizes are cool!

"I liked to thank my agent, my producer, my mother, but most of all, MamaMia from SoonerFans.com"

:D :D :D

BigTip
2/13/2011, 09:28 PM
Argghh! The enemy is trying an end around!

We're losing ground.

Help!!!!

LostCreekSooner
2/13/2011, 09:39 PM
Voted. Looks like you are winning big.

BigTip
2/13/2011, 10:21 PM
Voted. Looks like you are winning big.

Losing ground rapidly. Dana has kicked in her network. We were at 55% earlier.

Sneaky whorn bee-atch!

lol

Come early, vote often!!

CrimsonJim
2/13/2011, 10:30 PM
Meh...you're still up by 16.3%. It's in the bag my man! :D

We-TownSooner
2/14/2011, 01:24 AM
voted for ya on my computer and phone

MamaMia
2/14/2011, 01:43 AM
Just voted again. You know you have to say something about being a Sooner. :)

BigTip
2/14/2011, 11:15 AM
They announced it on air. We are the official winners. Alas, no call for an on-air interview though.

Thanks so much to everyone that helped out. It was a lot of fun during the weekend watching how the voting went. We finished at 66%. A resounding victory. No doubt my Sooner buds put us over the top.

olevetonahill
2/14/2011, 11:39 AM
Grats Ill take my cut in Natty ;)

boomermagic
2/14/2011, 11:57 AM
Man, Don't be beatin down no whores.. Oh never mind I misread..

2/14/2011, 12:37 PM
They announced it on air. We are the official winners. Alas, no call for an on-air interview though.

Thanks so much to everyone that helped out. It was a lot of fun during the weekend watching how the voting went. We finished at 66%. A resounding victory. No doubt my Sooner buds put us over the top.Good going! Did you get help from any other OU message boards?

olevetonahill
2/14/2011, 12:47 PM
Good going! Did you get help from any other OU message boards?

I posted the Link at the "Hideout" Not sure if any voted that aint here tho.

badger
2/14/2011, 01:33 PM
OU beat Texas again?

:mack: This is due to player entitlement in thinking their lies were better, assistants not adequately preparing players to vote... and perhaps I can slightly take some of the blame.

MamaMia
2/14/2011, 02:23 PM
Way to go Sooners! Next time I have a granddaughter in a baby photo contest, I'll know where to come for votes. :D

BigTip
2/14/2011, 03:46 PM
OU beat Texas again?

Booyah!!

:D

mainline13
2/16/2011, 01:46 PM

How about "You sound really stacked."

2/16/2011, 02:20 PM
I posted the Link at the "Hideout" Not sure if any voted that aint here tho.Cool. I was wondering if BigTip solicited help from other OU fans' message boards, too.

soonerloyal
2/16/2011, 04:48 PM

BOOMER!

:D Two things I'd like to ask for, in thanks for my votes:

1) Mention to those DJs (even off the air) what a skank a Marine Mama thinks Deanna is for pullin' that **** on a guy deployed. I mean, we've got some pissed off moms about her.

2) Wear your Crimson and Cream Sooner gear for the interview. It wouldn't hurt to buy some OU finery for the restaurant, either. http://www.amazon.com/Oklahoma-Sooners-Crimson-Woven-Silk/dp/B004C15YU4 ;)