PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Jerry Gray will be a Titan

Mike Stoops
2/11/2011, 06:47 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/11/texas-gray-back-in-play-for-titans/

Looks like Tennessee is throwing some serious dough at the guy.

Leroy Lizard
2/11/2011, 07:10 PM
I doubt it. My money is on him staying at UT.

Mike Stoops
2/11/2011, 07:15 PM
FWIW Kirk Bohls tweeted about an hour ago that he would be shocked if Gray didn't take the job.

Keller Sooner
2/11/2011, 09:38 PM
If Gray goes to the Titans, will Mack pout again?

Leroy Lizard
2/11/2011, 09:46 PM
If Gray goes to the Titans, how much will Mack pout?

FIFY

Eielson
2/11/2011, 10:24 PM
$425,000 as the DB coach?!

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 11:27 PM
Tough deal. He's been wanting to come back to UT for over a decade and finally when it happens, he gets an awesome offer elsewhere. He's got to do whatever is best for his family. Love the guy and no hard feelings but damn.

King Crimson
2/11/2011, 11:43 PM
good DB inna day. losing Akina seemed like maybe a spot opened up at UT.

Eielson
2/11/2011, 11:43 PM
Tough deal. He's been wanting to come back to UT for over a decade and finally when it happens, he gets an awesome offer elsewhere. He's got to do whatever is best for his family. Love the guy and no hard feelings but damn.

Nice of you to show up in the football forum. :P

Leroy Lizard
2/11/2011, 11:52 PM

It's a done deal?

Herr Scholz
2/12/2011, 12:21 AM
It's a done deal?

We'll know tomorrow. He's in Nashville right now.

Herr Scholz
2/12/2011, 12:22 AM
Nice of you to show up in the football forum. :P

What's football? Just crawled out of the bottle.

agoo758
2/12/2011, 12:37 AM

A scholz sighting?????:eek: ........:pop:

Breadburner
2/12/2011, 01:22 AM
Had dinner with Bud Adams brother the other night.....

47straight
2/12/2011, 11:00 AM

Maybe if Mack-y had considered him as DC. But he just didnt have the SEC speed of Diaz, so they're you go.

Imagine that. Mack chooses the upstart slick hollywood guy over the long-time loyal to the program blood and guts guy. Where have I seen that before?

All style. No substance. Texas football.

47straight
2/12/2011, 11:06 AM
A scholz sighting?????:eek: ........:pop:

I think we have to give Herr some credit for being the first horn troll to come crawling back.

swardboy
2/12/2011, 02:00 PM
I"m not giving a whorn credit for anything.

KantoSooner
2/12/2011, 02:54 PM
Had dinner with Bud Adams brother the other night.....

Which one? Sam?

swardboy
2/12/2011, 02:56 PM
Boy they are pizzzed in hornland right now.

ashley
2/12/2011, 04:39 PM
Their moral outrage at Gray leaving after one month is so imature. Mature people would not want to have someone stay that doesn't want to be there.

SoonerMom2
2/12/2011, 04:42 PM
Their moral outrage at Gray leaving after one month is so imature. Mature people would not want to have someone stay that doesn't want to be there.

I agree but then how many colleges have head coaches who admit 'they pout?" Still laughing at Mack Brown admitting he 'pouted' after the National Championship game.

101sooner
2/12/2011, 07:16 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41553341/ns/sports-nfl/

Mike Stoops
2/12/2011, 07:35 PM
Looking forward to the meltdown on Shaggy. Some of those fans really believe that being a position coach at UT is a better job than a coordinator at the pro level.

OK2U
2/12/2011, 07:38 PM
Man oh man. This is classic.
$20 says mac steals Kevin Wilsons's DB coach...everyone else has pilaged that staff already.
Poor KW...

Leroy Lizard
2/12/2011, 07:42 PM
My favorite:
I would have fired him for dereliction of duty if I were Mack, even if he didn't take the job.

Mike Stoops
2/12/2011, 07:47 PM
Mack can't develop his own coaches like a Bob Stoops or a Saban so he'll just back up the Brinks truck again and steal someone else's coach.

101sooner
2/12/2011, 08:33 PM
Meh. They didn't need Muschamp, Akina or Grey anyway.

sappstuf
2/12/2011, 08:54 PM
Who would you trust to take care of you long term, Mack Brown or Bud Adams?

:texan:

Breadburner
2/12/2011, 08:57 PM
Which one? Sam?

Steve...

unbiasedtruth
2/12/2011, 08:59 PM
Looking forward to the meltdown on Shaggy. Some of those fans really believe that being a position coach at UT is a better job than a coordinator at the pro level.

I dont know abiyt this ^^^^ I argued with a bunch of bronco/buffalo fans when Mike Shananhan was fired that being OU's HC >>> being the Denver Broncos HC....

SoonerMom2
2/12/2011, 09:46 PM
Wonder if Grey got to Austin and after being around Mack Brown, decided he would be better with the Titans coaching with a former teammate. Would anyone on here want to coach for Mack Brown?

sendbaht
2/12/2011, 09:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6116650

finster
2/12/2011, 10:14 PM
Wonder if Grey got to Austin and after being around Mack Brown, decided he would be better with the Titans coaching with a former teammate. Would anyone on here want to coach for Mack Brown?

I agree with SoonerMom on this, the drama whorns are going full Oprah on us. Mack's talk show on his OWN network will be No#1 in a couple of seasons, and sucking at football will be a source of pride in Austin.

Mike Stoops
2/12/2011, 10:17 PM

Yeah if I wasn't an OU fan. Make a boatload of money and Mack would be a pretty hands off boss.

soonerloyal
2/13/2011, 08:36 AM

http://shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/83290

Note last panel.

SB MSP is absolute genius. In a Horn idiot savant, eating-paste special sort of way.

DarrellZero
2/13/2011, 09:05 AM
Why are they getting so exercised about losing a DB coach?

Are they really that insecure?

XingTheRubicon
2/13/2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Herr Scholz (the high functioning suicidal maniac)

Better to be upset about a poor season and blame himself than cry like a whiny bitch every time something doesn't go his way and blame his players when he loses like Stoops.

Just pointing out that your fanbase (sooners) is mostly dumb as a bag of hammers.

Stoops blames his players and calls them lazy when he loses. Or blames the refs.

Mack yells at the refs sometimes but not on every other play like Stoops. Not surprising you have no concept of frequency or severity. It's the $ooner affliction.

this was from one thread on orangebloods...

picasso
2/13/2011, 11:02 AM
this was from one thread on orangebloods...

Scholz has an obvious phallic envy of Stoops. Must have been hard to remove the towel in jr. high gym class.

northspeter
2/13/2011, 11:12 AM
just a response to the "stoops blames his players and calls them lazy after losses" quote.... this is a direct quote from Mack following ut's loss to Iowa St...

“We said during the week that this team is not good enough to beat anybody unless they all come out and play as a team. They didn't,” Brown said after the game. “Coaches did a poor job, obviously. I told the players it's hard to figure out whether you blame coaches or players. The players didn't get ready to play, and it's the coaches' job to get them ready to play."

47straight
2/13/2011, 11:18 AM
just a response to the "stoops blames his players and calls them lazy after losses" quote.... this is a direct quote from Mack following ut's loss to Iowa St...

Oh snap, north.

picasso
2/13/2011, 11:23 AM

I can't ever recall Stoops blaming a player for a loss. His mantra is always we have to a better job as coaches.

Of course Mack could just blame texting while driving I guess.

Eielson
2/13/2011, 11:54 AM
"I told the players it's hard to figure out whether you blame coaches or players. The players didn't get ready to play, and it's the coaches' job to get them ready to play."

Is it just me, or does that quote make it obvious that it was the coaches' fault? If it's the coaches job to get them ready to play, and they weren't ready to play...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2011, 12:17 PM
I think we have to give Herr some credit for being the first horn troll to come crawling back.hear hear! Kudos, HS! Please keep a low profile, though.

2/13/2011, 12:21 PM
Wonder if Grey got to Austin and after being around Mack Brown, decided he would be better with the Titans coaching with a former teammate. Would anyone on here want to coach for Mack Brown?There's THAT!...and the money.

2/13/2011, 12:27 PM
I agree with SoonerMom on this, the drama whorns are going full Oprah on us. Mack's talk show on his OWN network will be No#1 in a couple of seasons, and SUCKING AT FOOTBALL WILL BE A SOURCE OF PRIDE IN AUSTIN!Mack's show. Name suggestions: Texas WHINEARAMA, MACK'S LAMENTS, ORANGE FIZZ, DO LESS with More; chime in, gang.

Jacie
2/13/2011, 09:26 PM
It is not all of them but some of the posters on whorn fans act like Jerry Gray had an affair with their wife, stole their car and ran over their dog. I mean some of em are taking it kinda personal!

2/14/2011, 01:46 AM
It is not all of them but some of the posters on whorn fans act like Jerry Gray had an affair with their wife, stole their car and ran over their dog. I mean some of em are taking it kinda personal!Prolly cause Gray's an ex-cow himself, and should nevar-evar dis the cows, for just about any reason.

Salt City Sooner
2/14/2011, 04:54 PM
Gray's UT Tenure:

http://anothercubsblog.org/images/gray.gif

Mad Dog Madsen
2/14/2011, 04:59 PM
^^^NIIICE!!!

KantoSooner
2/14/2011, 05:06 PM
That video clip is seriously funny.

texaspokieokie
2/15/2011, 09:05 AM