PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't we laughing at the Craig's List Congressman?

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 11:28 AM
Idiot.

CLARENCE, N.Y. – Rep. Christopher Lee of western New York abruptly resigned with only a vague explanation of regret after a gossip website reported that the married congressman had sent a shirtless photo of himself flexing his muscles to a woman whose Craigslist ad he answered.

"I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents," Lee posted in a surprise announcement Wednesday night on his congressional website. "I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness."

A woman described as a 34-year-old Maryland resident and government employee provided the Gawker website with e-mails she said were an exchange between her and Lee in response to an ad she placed last month in the "Women Seeking Men" section of Craigslist.

Gawker reported Wednesday that Lee, 46, identified himself as a divorced 39-year-old lobbyist and sent a photo of himself posing in front of a mirror.
In one e-mail, Gawker said, Lee described himself as "a very fit fun classy guy" and promised "not to disappoint." He and the woman exchanged a few more messages, talking about recent dates and sharing biographical details.

In one, the site shows, the woman asks Lee if he's divorced.

Yes, he replied, one minute later.

The woman told Gawker she eventually broke off the contact with Lee after becoming suspicious that he had misrepresented himself.

Lee, a two-term Republican with a young son, said in an e-mailed statement that his resignation was effective immediately. The statement offered no confirmation or details of a Craigslist post.

On Thursday, House Speaker John Boehner said Lee's rapid resignation was his decision alone.

"I think he made the right decision for himself and for his family," the Ohio Republican told reporters in Washington.

Boehner said he became aware of the picture sometime the previous afternoon and of the resignation just after 6 p.m. Boehner refused to say, however, whether he spoke to Lee or urged him to resign.

Lee, who won his seat in 2008, cultivated a family-values voting record in the House, earning an 88 percent approval rating from the American Conservative Union for his 2010 votes. He voted in favor of a ban on federal funding of abortion in the health care overhaul, in line with the group's position on the proposed ban, which was defeated in the House. He also voted against the repeal of the military's policy prohibiting service by openly gay men and women.

He served on the House Ways and Means Committee and was active on economic revitalization issues. He has a business background stemming from his family's manufacturing enterprises.

Lee said the challenges faced in western New York, where he serves the 26th Congressional District, and across the country are "too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, so I am announcing that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately."

Lee's resignation comes almost a year after Democrat Eric Massa resigned his seat in western New York's 29th Congressional District amid an investigation into whether he sexually harassed male staffers. Massa gave contradictory explanations for his behavior, acknowledging he groped and tickled a staffer in a nonsexual way and wrestled with others at his 50th birthday party, but then denying any groping occurred.

His resignation comes as the people of Clarence, the upscale Buffalo suburb where he lives, are about to mark the two-year anniversary of the deadly crash of Continental Connection Flight 3407 onto a house.

He has been a visible supporter of victims' families and the aviation safety reforms they've sought since the Feb. 12, 2009, crash. He appeared with several crash victims' families at a news conference in Washington on Tuesday.

Scott Maurer, whose daughter was one of the 50 people killed in the 2009 crash, said Lee was "a hard worker and a good guy" who "loved and cared for" his community.

"He was 100 percent professional with us, 100 percent supportive and seriously was considerate and concerned with aviation safety, so to hear that he's resigned is a huge loss of support for our efforts," Maurer said.

The congressman hadn't submitted his resignation to the New York secretary of state Wednesday evening, said a state official who wasn't authorized to speak on the issue and spoke on the condition of anonymity. After Lee submits his resignation, Gov. Andrew Cuomo could schedule a special election.
Cuomo, a Democrat, had no comment Wednesday night.

mgsooner
2/11/2011, 11:29 AM
Do you really need to ask?

The Profit
2/11/2011, 11:31 AM
The same reason you are not hearing much about him on Fox News. It wouldn't be prudent.

mgsooner
2/11/2011, 11:32 AM
It wouldn't be prudent.

at this juncture.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2zzj3ac.jpg

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 11:33 AM
Cause he is from NY. There are no real Republicans in NY, so this story is fake.

OULenexaman
2/11/2011, 11:36 AM
at this juncture.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2zzj3ac.jpg

Naaa gonna do it.

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 11:44 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/02/10/nyregion/10lee_337/10lee_337-blog480-v2.jpg

Meh.

The Profit
2/11/2011, 11:47 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/02/10/nyregion/10lee_337/10lee_337-blog480-v2.jpg

Meh.

Now you've done it.

Cheez-It
2/11/2011, 11:48 AM
He reminds me of someone I used to know....

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 11:50 AM
because he's another family value republican. part of the moral majority.

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 11:50 AM
He reminds me of someone I used to know....Bazinga!

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 11:51 AM
He reminds me of someone I used to know....

Gonna need to know this or I may never sleep again.

Cheez-It
2/11/2011, 11:51 AM
Bazinga!

I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!?!?!??!

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 11:53 AM
OH CRAP!! Just figured it out!! GAH!!!!!

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 11:54 AM
These politicians, dem and republican, think they are so amazing that they do the dumbest stuff.

What a total tard.

Cheez-It
2/11/2011, 11:54 AM
OH CRAP!! Just figured it out!! GAH!!!!!

:D

mgsooner
2/11/2011, 11:56 AM

Meh.

gheyest photo evar?

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 11:56 AM
dooshiest photo evar?I'd say it's in the running ...

The Profit
2/11/2011, 11:58 AM
Uber Christian conservative, too.

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 12:00 PM
Uber Christian conservative, too.

they usually claim to be. but like most he's neither chirstian or conservative.

soonerbrat
2/11/2011, 12:02 PM
what a dumas

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 12:02 PM
in the DMN, there's a picture of a cleaning shop with a sign;
Hey Chris, your shirt is cleaned & ready for pick-up.

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 12:05 PM
what a dumas

And not pretty enough to get away with it.

Cheez-It
2/11/2011, 12:08 PM
And not pretty enough to get away with it.

At least HE thinks he is pretty enough!!

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 12:09 PM
GUEST VIEW: Teen Internet safety must be a priority (http://tonawanda-news.com/opinion/x681758369/GUEST-VIEW-Teen-Internet-safety-must-be-a-priority)

By U.S. Rep. Chris Lee

Through the Internet, with a few keystrokes and the click of a button, a young person can call up information for a research project, make new friends or discover new hobbies.

At the same time, responding to what may seem like a friendly e-mail or an appealing marketing offer can have serious consequences. Private information and images can so easily be transmitted to friends and strangers alike.

Indeed, for as much promise as the Internet offers young people in the form of educational resources and social connections, there is great concern about the dangers and unknowns associated with a medium that is growing by several billion web pages per day.

A 2007 study conducted by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children documented a number of alarming trends with regards to teen Internet usage. For instance, the study found that nearly seven in 10 teens regularly receive personal messages online from people they don’t know. Sixty-four percent post photos or videos of themselves, while 58 percent post info about where they live. Nearly two in 10 teens say they have been harassed or bullied online.

It is not difficult for parents to feel helpless when their children know more about how to navigate the Internet than they do. This is a challenge communities should confront together.

That’s why I recently helped pass the Student Internet Safety Act (H.R. 780), critical legislation that gives schools the tools they need to educate students on the dangers of the Internet.

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 12:12 PM
*snort*

responding to what may seem like a friendly e-mail or an appealing marketing offer can have serious consequences. Private information and images can so easily be transmitted to friends and strangers alike.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 12:28 PM
Chk, do as I say, not as I do.

Sincerely,
Chris Lee

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 12:41 PM
There is so often something lurking behind a facade of self-righteousness.

StoopTroup
2/11/2011, 12:42 PM
I bet STEP is drooling right now.

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 12:45 PM
Now if only Sarah Palin would answer my Craig's List ad like that :mad:

The Profit
2/11/2011, 12:53 PM

Five kids have popped out of that thing. You don't want it.

Radar's Left Hand
2/11/2011, 01:07 PM
There is so often something lurking behind a facade of self-righteousness.

That's sounds very self-righteous.

mgsooner
2/11/2011, 01:09 PM

You're self-righteous for saying she's self-righteous for calling someone self-righteous.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 01:12 PM

Before she became 3G, her username used to be "PiousPoster"

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 01:22 PM
That's sounds very self-righteous.I intended it to be pretentiously pompous. Clearly I failed. I'm off to wail and gnash my teeth.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 01:23 PM
I intended it to be pretentiously pompous. Clearly I failed. I'm off to wail and gnash my teeth.

Oh!!! I just had a bad flashback when you were here in Seattle......

47straight
2/11/2011, 01:25 PM
Five kids have popped out of that thing. You don't want it.

So progressive and church-elder of you.

Breadburner
2/11/2011, 01:28 PM
Is that "The".....

The Profit
2/11/2011, 01:35 PM
So progressive and church-elder of you.

Thanks.

soonercruiser
2/11/2011, 02:51 PM
The same reason you are not hearing much about him on Fox News. It wouldn't be prudent.

Another uniformed "shot" from from the bow of The Profit!
The chicks on FOX have been "all over it"! :rolleyes:
(No, not Profit....the Congressman)

Partial Qualifier
2/11/2011, 02:53 PM
Is that "The".....

Speaking of.... where'd he go? Come back, The.

soonercruiser
2/11/2011, 02:54 PM
they usually claim to be. but like most he's neither chirstian or conservative.

Just like Obama claims to be a Christian.
(While snuggling up to the Muslim Brotherhood)

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 02:55 PM
(While snuggling up to the Muslim Brotherhood)You're harshing the mellow of this thread.

soonercruiser
2/11/2011, 02:55 PM

YOU WISH! :P

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 02:59 PM
(While snuggling up to the Muslim Brotherhood)

huh? take another bong hit pal. holla when obama is snappin nude pics of himself on craigslist sending the to bin laden or the muslim brotherhood or whoever the hate du jour fox feeds you for the day.

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 03:00 PM
YOU WISH! :P

I do. I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to that sort of thing :(

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 03:04 PM
I do. I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to that sort of thing Maybe you could try for Rep. Julia Hurley. She used to be a Hooters girl.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 03:04 PM
huh? take another bong hit pal. holla when obama is snappin nude pics of himself on craigslist sending the to bin laden or the muslim brotherhood or whoever the hate du jour fox feeds you for the day.

Maybe Dean can send them a copy of the local hometown magazine......

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_BzJKFqxu57o/TG1Rjb18MbI/AAAAAAAAGTw/T1cERBur2ds/s400/barack_obama_shirtless.jpg

47straight
2/11/2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks.

Have you considered running for the state board of education? You've got the maternity hating qualifications.

The Profit
2/11/2011, 03:09 PM
Have you considered running for the state board of education? You've got the maternity hating qualifications.

Yeah, whatever.

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe you could try for Rep. Julia Hurley. She used to be a Hooters girl.

I might give her a glance...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z3QVXphOs/TCFgWGKa8oI/AAAAAAAAAJA/Kte6CvcfCFk/s1600/Julia%2BHurley%2BRope.jpg

SunnySooner
2/11/2011, 03:51 PM
Ugh, this is soooooooo grooossssssss!!!!!! I really hate guys who do this **** to their families, I hope he gets a disease and it rots and falls off. Blech!!!

okie52
2/11/2011, 03:53 PM
Ugh, this is soooooooo grooossssssss!!!!!! I really hate guys who do this **** to their families, I hope he gets a disease and it rots and falls off. Blech!!!

He was lonely.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 03:54 PM

But you are cool with gals doing it?!?!?!?

Hypocrite.

Aldebaran
2/11/2011, 03:58 PM
Surprised that wasn't in the M4M section.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 04:13 PM
Surprised that wasn't in the M4M section.

Suprised? Why .......were you looking?

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 04:15 PM
Suprised? Why .......were you looking?

suprised because the family value moral majority republicans usually troll for young boys or are gloryhole seekers.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 04:20 PM
suprised because the family value moral majority republicans usually troll for young boys or are gloryhole seekers.

You're suprised when a politician on either side of the aisle does anything like this?

Be honest, do you still believe in Santa?

okie52
2/11/2011, 04:20 PM

You obviously speak from experience.

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 04:27 PM
You're suprised when a politician on either side of the aisle does anything like this?

Be honest, do you still believe in Santa?

who was the last immoral minority democrat caught trying to blow some dude in an airport bathroom?

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 04:29 PM
Who was the last president of the united states to get sucked off in the oval office an intern and then lie about it?

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 04:29 PM
You obviously speak from experience.

im not a member of the family value moral majority. so no experience here. maybe you can just come out now and tell us all about your gay exploits as a family value guy.

okie52
2/11/2011, 04:30 PM
who was the last immoral minority democrat caught trying to blow some dude in an airport bathroom?

Geez, are those the only parameters? How about the dem VP candidate thats wife just died from cancer shortly after he had a child out of wedlock?

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 04:33 PM
Who was the last president of the united states to get sucked off in the oval office an intern and then lie about it?

when did clinton run for office as a sanctimonious moral stiff to curry votes from unsuspecting rubes? keep you eyes on the ball sport. it's about the hyprocrisy of it all. lesson over....

okie52
2/11/2011, 04:36 PM
im not a member of the family value moral majority. so no experience here. maybe you can just come out now and tell us all about your gay exploits as a family value guy.

You have to be a member of the family value moral majority to have a gay or adulterous experience?

Not gay or a family values guy (whatever that is) but I don't paint everyone with such a broad brush as you seem comfortable in doing.

mgsooner
2/11/2011, 04:39 PM
This reminds me of the sniping that happens back and forth between OU and OSU fans whenever one of their athletes gets arrested for DUI or weed or whatever else.

okie52
2/11/2011, 04:39 PM
when did clinton run for office as a sanctimonious moral stiff to curry votes from unsuspecting rubes? keep you eyes on the ball sport. it's about the hyprocrisy of it all. lesson over....

Clinton could hardly run as a sanctomonius stiff, now could he?

In that regard he did live up to people's expectations.

But there are many hypocrisies/lies that come from campaign speeches or do you think that isn't true?

Canyonero
2/11/2011, 04:42 PM
This reminds me of the sniping that happens back and forth between OU and OSU fans whenever one of their athletes gets arrested for DUI or weed or whatever else.

:texan:

Position Limit
2/11/2011, 04:43 PM
Clinton could hardly run as a sanctomonius stiff, now could he?

In that regard he did live up to people's expectations.

But there are many hypocrisies/lies that come from campaign speeches or do you think that isn't true?

dude clinton didnt need to run as a sanctomonius stiff. he was a rock star. you moral majority guys love to defend the perverted exploits of the log cabin party by bringing clinton and edwards. they dont claim the same monikers as your guys..

Sooner5030
2/11/2011, 04:48 PM
Not sure I know any self proclaimed family values voters.........most of us are freedom loving individuals. I think Dan Qualye was the last prominent party guy to sell "family values". Other than that guy the only time I hear "family values" is when someone is trying to score political points against a party member that tried to have sex.....oh the horror!

The Profit
2/11/2011, 05:14 PM

You still pizzed at Clinton for getting a hummer? Or are you mad because he lied about it. What married man do you know who wouldn't have lied about getting a blowjob. He probably shouldn't have had the blowjob in the white house, but once he received it, he damn sure should have lied about it. Every young boy is taught, or should be taught these famous words, "that's my story, and I'm sticking to it."

okie52
2/11/2011, 05:21 PM
dude clinton didnt need to run as a sanctomonius stiff. he was a rock star. you moral majority guys love to defend the perverted exploits of the log cabin party by bringing clinton and edwards. they dont claim the same monikers as your guys..

Your post suggests that misconduct only extends to the repubs. Barney Frank could probably come close to fitting your question.

Since Clinton didn't have the "option" to run as a sanctomonious stiff that is really off the table. Was Clinton a rock star to you? And, it seemed, many dems were disturbed with his behavior in the White House so it isn't just the repubs that use "family values" as a standard.

I haven't seen where the repub party has embraced the log cabin party. Personally I am fine with gay marriage and polygamy so I am not sure that the repubs are always "my party". Of course, with that position I couldn't vote for Obama, either, since he believes marriage should be between a man and a woman. But I do believe that many pubs vote on values when considering a candidate. Probably a lot of dems do too.

The repub "Lee" resigned immediately. I haven't heard any repubs defend his behavior nor should they.

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 05:22 PM
The lying about it. Would you want a hummer from Hilary? Yeah, me neither.

Him coming on saying...."I did not have sexual relations with that woman." was insulting. By definition he was 100% correct. But dont treat us like we are complete dolts.

If he would have come out and said "Hey, you are all doing well financially, we are working together with Rep house and senate and the country is moving forward in a fiscally financial manner. I messed up. Please forgive me" I wouldnt have batted an eye. He could have pounded her on the resolute desk for all I care. That is his life, not mine to live, but dont talk to me like I am a F'ing 4 year old.

3rdgensooner
2/11/2011, 05:24 PM

Typical response from the right.

Left says something that is pretty spot on, and instead of giving ANY response to the comment, they respond..............WHAT ABOUT CLINTON!!!!
Interesting...

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 05:25 PM
I am a republican. I get to be hypocritical.

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 07:49 PM

I bet his wife gets it in the divorce along with everything else he values.:cool:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/11/2011, 07:55 PM
what a dumasWe would have all laughed if he was a democrat. He certainly wouldn't have resigned, nor would his party have made him resign.

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 07:56 PM
We would have all laughed if he was a democrat. He certainly wouldn't have resigned, nor would his party have made him resign.

Oh, so because he's a Republican it's not funny and we don't talk about it? I understand now...

2/11/2011, 08:01 PM
Who was the last president of the united states to get sucked off in the oval office an intern and then lie about it?and then...NOT resign...

2/11/2011, 08:14 PM
Oh, so because he's a Republican it's not funny and we don't talk about it? I understand now...You reds are the ones who got all crazy and spitting mad. His behavior is amusing to me. I think what's funny that repubs let the left dictate their behavior, and are scared shi*less of the MSM. He shouldn't have resigned.

The right should realize the seriousness and determination of their political opponents. and not try to make nice with them, since doing so has facilitated us heading down this disastrous path we're on.

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 08:16 PM
You reds are the ones who got all crazy and spitting mad. His behavior is amusing to me. I think what's funny that repubs let the left dictate their behavior, and are scared shi*less of the MSM. He shouldn't have resigned.

The right should realize the seriousness and determination of their political opponents. and not try to make nice with them, since doing so has facilitated us heading down this disastrous path we're on.

Yeah, you don't know me so don't label me. And anyone who does know me will tell you that I will point and laugh at any stupid person without bothering to find out how they are registered.

2/11/2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah, you don't know me so don't label me. And anyone who does know me will tell you that I will point and laugh at any stupid person without bothering to find out how they are registered.I think I do know you. "They jes cain't hep it" with the name-calling, can they?

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 08:22 PM
I think I do know you. "They jes cain't hep it" with the name-calling, can they?

You're weird.

2/11/2011, 08:26 PM
You're weird.Then, IYHO I've met both of the left's perceived requirements for a conservative-stoopid and unbalanced?

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 08:30 PM
Then, IYHO I've met both of the left's perceived requirements for a conservative-stoopid and unbalanced?

No. I know plenty of conservatives who aren't remotely weird. Now either be interesting or go to another thread.

2/11/2011, 08:34 PM
No. I know plenty of conservatives who aren't remotely weird. Now either be interesting or go to another thread.YOU be interesting, dammit!

soonerchk
2/11/2011, 08:35 PM
I started this thread, I did all my interesting already!!!!

2/11/2011, 08:42 PM
I started this thread, I did all my interesting already!!!!I knew it!

SoCaliSooner
2/11/2011, 08:47 PM
We had to have the Enquirer do all the reporting on John Edwards...as most of the mainstream media didn't want to touch it. Wasn't he going to be indicted or something like that? Can't seem to find much about it.....

2/11/2011, 08:51 PM
We had to have the Enquirer do all the reporting on John Edwards...as most of the mainstream media didn't want to touch it. Wasn't he going to be indicted or something like that? Can't seem to find much about it.....Certain folks who live with their heads in the sand just don't want to go there.

47straight
2/12/2011, 11:26 AM
Bill Clinton was plenty self-righteous about moral issues.

soonerchk
2/12/2011, 12:26 PM
OH YAY!!! Instead of making fun of some idiot congressman posting shirtless pics on Craig's List, we're going to argue about which party sucks more, just like damn near every other thread here!

mgsooner
2/12/2011, 12:39 PM
I could really go for some Arby's right now.

47straight
2/12/2011, 01:38 PM
OH YAY!!! Instead of making fun of some idiot congressman posting shirtless pics on Craig's List, we're going to argue about which party sucks more, just like damn near every other thread here!

I'd rather argue about which party sucks more, because the shirtless pic really kinda creeps me out. :eek:

soonerchk
2/12/2011, 05:54 PM
I'd rather argue about which party sucks more, because the shirtless pic really kinda creeps me out. :eek:

Yes, because it's something a high school boy would do, not a supposedly adult public figure.

Which is why we should be laughing at his dumb arse.

2/12/2011, 06:10 PM
Yes, because it's something a high school boy would do, not a supposedly adult public figure.

Which is why we should be laughing at his dumb arse.I laughed. You coulda too, if you wanted.

2/12/2011, 06:14 PM
Bill Clinton was, and still is a national disgrace. He shoulda quit, and/or the Senate shoulda had the testes to boot his sorry a*s. As it is now, he's still politically viable through his "wife". She/he would only be a non-discernable hair better than our Beary-O.FIFY

47straight
2/12/2011, 06:32 PM

Which is why we should be laughing at his dumb arse.

What's more likely to work: beefcake photo or a loud stereo?

soonerchk
2/13/2011, 12:29 PM

A big wallet is his only hope.

Breadburner
2/13/2011, 02:11 PM
I could really go for some Arby's right now.

French Dip...???....Figured that would go best in this thread......:D

Breadburner
2/13/2011, 02:12 PM

Dic pics....Just ask Favre.......:D

TheHumanAlphabet
2/14/2011, 12:48 PM

Meh.

Hey- I was laughing at him from Paris... Now I will laugh at him on my way to Kuala Lumpur...

What an a$$!

Bourbon St Sooner
2/14/2011, 01:44 PM
A classic case of the little head doing the thinking instead of the big head.

soonerchk
2/14/2011, 03:33 PM
A classic case of the little head doing the thinking instead of the big head.

I do love the male type species, but that's just kind of how y'all roll anyway.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/14/2011, 04:34 PM
Pretty much, but it seems to be especially prevalent around narcissistic politico types.

soonerchk
2/15/2011, 11:10 AM
Pretty much, but it seems to be especially prevalent around narcissistic politico types.

And athletes. Must be part of that narcissistic thing you mentioned.