PDA

View Full Version : Which program has a fanbase which thinks their program is better than it really is?

lexsooner
2/10/2011, 07:56 PM
My tops are Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, Texas Aggies. And OSU is up there too.

CORNholio
2/10/2011, 08:09 PM
Grand prize goes to A&M.
Close contenders--Arkansas, TxTech, Penn St, Georgia, Clemson, Boise St.

Quik Sand
2/10/2011, 08:14 PM
ATM :pop:

101sooner
2/10/2011, 08:15 PM
I agree with the exception of Georgia. I just moved from Georgia. I was there for about 2 years. Most Georgia fans don't qualify for this survey because they don't know enough about their team or their schedule to even discuss how good their program is.

I was getting a haircut from this self proclaimed huge Bulldog Fan who had a Georgia Helmet on his shelf and spent all day long every day making small talk with the Georgia locals. He is the big Bulldog fan in that shop. He sad, "I think the Georgia kid is gonna get drafted #1". I said which one? He said, "The QB...um.uhm...uhm..." I sighed and said "Stafford".

Then like half the folks in the shop said, "That's him!"

boomerborn79
2/10/2011, 08:29 PM
I've lived in many states, and above all Florida fans are the worst. I lived there during both of their coaching changes after Spurier. They are so arrogant they thought OU was a dump and they would just waltz in and take Stoops. Alot of my friends are Florida fans and they consider UF to be a historical power house. They think it's a better job than OU and consider uf to be an upper echalon program. Then I remind them that OU has won 7 championships and the entire state of Florida combined has only won 9. Anyway. I say the most arrogant fans I've ever ran across and think they are more than they are is Florida.

lexsooner
2/10/2011, 08:31 PM
I've lived in Lexington, Kentucky, since 1994, and have had plenty of exposure to SEC football and especially Tennessee arrogance. Their fans act like they are one of the elite programs in the country, like OU, USC, Alabama, Ohio State. They fill up Commonwealth Stadium with their drunken, hillbilly fans and act like they are all that. An often-told joke is why do UT fans wear orange? Answer: So they can go to UT games on Saturdays, deer hunting on Sundays, and during weekdays pick up trash along the highway at their work release program.

jumperstop
2/10/2011, 08:37 PM
Florida State...Before the game I was trolling over on their boards and they were talking about how special our game with them was. The "tradition" both schools had they said was amazing, then showed our combined conference championships and national championships. Oddly enough it didn't look too much different than ours alone. I told them any team combined with OU will make them look better and that combing the championships is dumb because we had about 4 times as much in both. Of course they got all pissed thinking they were better than I was making them out to be, but for them to be comparing themselves to OU is a bit much.

KYSooner
2/10/2011, 08:44 PM
I've lived in Lexington, Kentucky, since 1994, and have had plenty of exposure to SEC football and especially Tennessee arrogance. Their fans act like they are one of the elite programs in the country, like OU, USC, Alabama, Ohio State. They fill up Commonwealth Stadium with their drunken, hillbilly fans and act like they are all that. An often-told joke is why do UT fans wear orange? Answer: So they can go to UT games on Saturdays, deer hunting on Sundays, and during weekdays pick up trash along the highway at their work release program.
Agree 100%. Lived in Lexington for 8 and its terrible.

texaspokieokie
2/10/2011, 08:57 PM
they all do.

silverwheels
2/10/2011, 09:08 PM
Add Clemson to the list.

lexsooner
2/10/2011, 09:31 PM
Add Clemson to the list.

Agreed. If going 8-4 each season and being in a minor bowl makes you an elite program, then Clemson has made it to the big time.

Soonerite
2/10/2011, 09:37 PM
:stunned:

sperry
2/10/2011, 10:11 PM
Auburn has always been pretty bad, and I can't even imagine what they'll be like now that they sucessfully bought a national championship. I'm sure the Bammer fans are gonna want to strangle them, at least until Bammer wins its next one. It'd be like if little brother won one. Just unbearable to listen to the idiots.

ratherthanlater
2/10/2011, 10:25 PM
missOUri

Chiliman
2/10/2011, 10:28 PM
Osu, sand aggies, texags, Arkansas, clemson

NorthernIowaSooner
2/10/2011, 10:37 PM
Iowa fans have a huge sense of their program being awesome even though they haven't accomplished much.

Not sure why, had some decent years during the Fry years and some during Ferentz's time but nothing spectacular.

There were years of less then mediocre play in between their good seasons too.

Tailgating is fun there though

Blue
2/10/2011, 10:49 PM
I've lived in many states, and above all Florida fans are the worst. I lived there during both of their coaching changes after Spurier. They are so arrogant they thought OU was a dump and they would just waltz in and take Stoops. Alot of my friends are Florida fans and they consider UF to be a historical power house. They think it's a better job than OU and consider uf to be an upper echalon program. Then I remind them that OU has won 7 championships and the entire state of Florida combined has only won 9. Anyway. I say the most arrogant fans I've ever ran across and think they are more than they are is Florida.

YUP. +1000

UF fans suck.

SunnySooner
2/10/2011, 11:06 PM
Agree on FU and the other UT, live in the South, and you'll agree as well. Also don't get the Clemson thing--wth?!?!? Ain't done nuthin'.

Can't forget SCAR on this list. They are a rabid fan base for a not-even-mediocre team. I guess their other choice is Clemson, though, and maybe they don't like orange, either.

Really, the whole state of S Carolina is pretty much delusional. But they're fun to party with!!!

unbiasedtruth
2/10/2011, 11:19 PM
University of Colorado Golden Buffaloes.... any other school is a distant 2nd. They hold on to their split 1990 MNC likes its the "golden" MNC and all other schools and theirs are 2nd rate. I keep hearing how they are an all-time top 25 program just based on their number of wins. Never mind in the 45 years of the Big 8 they won it 3, yes thats 3 times in 45 years or even in the Big XII their one conference title that was a gift from Mack Brown.

Go to a site called Allbuffs. Now the talk there is they are going to win the Pac12 far more than the Big XII due to the evenly distributed TV money as they will be able to bring better recruits and will be in New Orleans come next January playing for the BCS championship...

Oh ya the hype about Jon Embree and eric Behimeny being HC and OC are really off the charts. Both position coaches, no coordinator experience or head coaching experience but its still one of the best staffs, not only in the Pac12, but the nation.

MamaMia
2/10/2011, 11:27 PM
In my opinion, its Texas A&M fans. All their traditions and quirks are just so over the top weird, however they think they're cool.

sooners123
2/11/2011, 12:33 AM
EVERY fan base thinks their school is better than they really are, whether they admit it or not. We are also guilty of this infraction from time to time.

Blue
2/11/2011, 12:40 AM
EVERY fan base thinks their school is better than they really are, whether they admit it or not. We are also guilty of this infraction from time to time.

No. We're completely better than everyone else. :D

Curly Bill
2/11/2011, 12:40 AM
Tennessee & Clemson

SteelClip49
2/11/2011, 12:41 AM
WISCONSIN
They act as if they have something to be proud about. I always hear how unruly and arrogant their fans are and for what? All they have to cheer about is 3 Rose Bowl wins and 2 Heismans. They have never contended for a national championship and their highest poll finish ever came in 1962 when they finished #2 in both polls with an (8-2) record.

VIRGINIA TECH
Now, this program deserves a lot of praise considering what they were like before Beamer took over. But he has been there forever now and the fans act like they are the best thing to ever hit the ACC. They were always second best in the Big East behind Miami and the fans think they have the toughest home environment in the country. They did play for the 1999 National Championship while in the Big East and have captured a few conference titles there. They have completely owned the ACC but the ACC has been a complete joke ever since FSU's 13 year reign ended in 2000.

COLORADO
As mentioned by another poster, the fans there are beyond arrogant and full of themselves. They do treat their 1990 AP national title as like it was yesterday but give them credit for being persistent. They almost won the 1989 national title and did have a great run in the 90s and it all ended after the 2001 Big XII Championship. They are a decent all time program but they don't have the prestige to be acting like they are tops all time.

TEXAS A&M
There really isn't much to say here really. Some of their traditions and crowing isn't all that big of a deal. Like Colorado, they do have a Heisman and a national championship. But they do act like they are among the big boys of college football because they are in Texas but it doesn't mean they are Texas. TEXAS is Texas while TAMU will always be the little brother.

MICHIGAN
I get so sick and tired about hearing about how great this tradition is. Believe me, I respect their history and tradition but most of it was from 1900 to 1950 under Fielding Yost, Fritz Crisler and Bennie Oosterbaan. They may lead in all time wins but they also had a head start in 1879 and many other powers didn't start until 1895 or later. Their fans brag about 11 national titles and for as smart as they claim to be, 8 of the 11 were retroactively named and are not even nationally recognized. They claim their best coach ever is Bo Schembechler and he was horrible in important games. He went to 11 Rose Bowl Games and only won 2. His best finish in his 21 years at the helm was a #2 finish in 1985 winning the Fiesta Bowl. Since 1950, MICHIGAN has 1 national title and it was shared and 2 Heismans. This program is more overrated than any other.

ARKANSAS
Their claim to fame is the cradle of players and coaches. The names are obvious. Barry Switzer, Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson were all part of the 1964 team that went undefeated BUT did NOT win the national championship. Their fans act like they won the national title but because of the format back then, the AP and UPI chose before the bowls and ALABAMA won the NC. Arkansas fans hang onto 1964 like it is theirs and they also lobe hanging onto the 1978 Orange Bowl win over Oklahoma. The most important stats here are....ARKANSAS has 0 national titles and 0 Heisman winners.

GEORGIA
Since Mark Rocht took over in 2001 and up to this point....SABAN won a national title at LSU, left for the NFL for 2 years, came back to the SEC and guided Alabama to a national title. Tommy Tuberville guided Auburn to an undefeated 2004 season. Urban Meyer in just 4 seasons guided Florida to 2 national titles. The Mad Hatter even guided a 2 loss LSU to a national title. Richt guided UGA to 2 SEC Titles in the 2 weakest years in the SEC since the BCS began. He has 2 Sugar Bowl wins over a "Happy-to-be-there" Hawaii and a 4 loss FSU. Their fans act like he is greatness and that UGA is greatness and all for what? They claim 5 national titles to make themselves look more relevant but in reality...their fans are like Colorado's. 2011 will mark the 31st year since UGA's last and only national championship.

King Crimson
2/11/2011, 12:45 AM
Texas

i work at Colorado, people think they are all-timers based on about 6 years and Bill McCartney has a **** made of gold. everyone else cheats, not Bill.

SteelClip49
2/11/2011, 12:48 AM
BILL McCARTNEY's winning philosophy to his players......

"Have sex with my daughter and you will win a national championship!"

Well, he lost the NC in 1989 and won it all in 1990 so I guess it worked!

Blue
2/11/2011, 12:51 AM
In recent times, Boise and Oregon. But we'll let them have their fun for now.

Octavian
2/11/2011, 02:37 AM
Texas. Easily.

Despite all their ESPN hype and their mountains of cash.....they don't have that many skins on the wall. Far from it.

Think of aaallll the UT hype -- the ESPN deal....the high TV ratings....the "experts" tripping over themselves to compliment the new and next great TEXAS recruiting class.

And then look at their trophy case....

1 NC in the last 40 years. One national championship since Nixon was POTUS --- one since they integrated their football program. ONE.

7 conference championships since 1978. To put that in perspective, OU has won 7 since 2000.

1 Heisman Trophy Winner from the State of Texas....ONE! All that great Texas talent over the decades -- one Heisman. To put that in perspective, four Oklahomans have brought a Heisman back to Norman. And another Texan.

"OU has done more with Texas players than Texas" -- Switzer was right in the late-80s and he's still right at the start of the second decade of the 21st century.

Throw out all their ESPN hype and dough -- the Texas trophy case is extremely underwhelming considering how much they throw around the "Joneses" mantra -- like they've won as much as.....well, Oklahoma.

Fraggle145
2/11/2011, 03:11 AM
I'd have to disagree on UGA fans... Most of the ones that know anything dont think thye are going to win it all most of the time.

Also disagree on South Carolina. They know that they almost always suck. That is why they are so fun to party with. They may say they think they'll win, but they dont really mean it deep down.

soonergirlNeugene
2/11/2011, 05:54 AM
This is the best of the Which Program threads.

I nominate or second the following:
ND, Arkie, A&M, Iowa, VT, Michigan

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 08:29 AM
it would be much easier to name the schools that don't. much shorter list.

sooner518
2/11/2011, 08:33 AM
A&M. When was the last time they were nationally relevant? and their weird, delusional fans think they have a shot every year. its beyond sad

picasso
2/11/2011, 08:51 AM
Texas

i work at Colorado, people think they are all-timers based on about 6 years and Bill McCartney has a **** made of gold. everyone else cheats, not Bill.

5th down.

cleller
2/11/2011, 08:55 AM
Those hoity-toity Mcneese State fans get my blood boiling.

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 08:57 AM
MIT

lexsooner
2/11/2011, 09:25 AM
In my opinion, its Texas A&M fans. All their traditions and quirks are just so over the top weird, however they think they're cool.

Agreed. I am sure the Klan has lots of insider traditions and rituals, but that does not make them cool. Any criticism and making fun of the play soldier cadet corp results in the following response: Aggies contributed more officers in WWII than any other school. The Aggies had some good teams in the 80 and 90s when they cheated like crazy. Otherwise, they are a third tier type program.

Saul Good
2/11/2011, 09:59 AM
Iowa
Mizzou (odly enough)
Michigan
75% of the SEC

Mississippi Sooner
2/11/2011, 10:00 AM
This is why I don't have a problem with attending Mississippi State events or supporting the Bulldogs as long as they aren't competing with the Sooners in any way. They've had one of the best baseball programs in the country for years, and they aren't bad in basketball, but their fans know they are a non-factor in football. Some even seem to embrace their outsider status. As long as they win the Egg Bowl over Ole Miss, most anything else can be forgiven. And then, when they do have a run of luck like this past season and win a decent bowl, it's just gravy.

Vanderbilt might be the only other SEC school that understands their place in this way.

Dan Thompson
2/11/2011, 10:26 AM
USC must be up there somewhere near the top.

bent rider
2/11/2011, 10:26 AM
You don't see a lot of them around Oklahoma, but Arizona fans are pretty much at the top of this list. I have met a couple of arrogant Az fans, and they always seem to need to be reminded that they have appeared in Zero Rose Bowls. None. Ever.

Az did put together some great basketball teams in the 90s, but one of my all time favorite hoops games was when Rick Majerus schooled Lute Olson in the NCAA sweet-sixteen round the year after they won the Natl Championship and Bibby was supposed to take them to another.

After that I would go with Georgia Tech and Clemson. In the Big-12, Mizzou.

Sabanball
2/11/2011, 11:49 AM
USC must be up there somewhere near the top.

With all their Heisman winners AND NC's, I'd have to disagree and say that USC is definitely an elite program. I know you guys can't stand them because they've had your number seemingly forever, but you have to respect what they've accomplished, and I'm talking Pre-Reggie Bush.

King Crimson
2/11/2011, 11:54 AM
Well, he lost the NC in 1989 and won it all in 1990 so I guess it worked!

actually only won half in 90. split NC with.....

wait for it....

Georgia Tech!

1890MilesToNorman
2/11/2011, 12:09 PM
We do it ever once in a while too! But then again we are OKLAHOMA. :D

BoulderSooner79
2/11/2011, 12:13 PM
I lived in Boulder forever and I must have met a different group of fans. They know they suck. Sure, they wax nostalgic about the McCartney era, but they know that was minor compared to elite programs' history.

I wouldn't include little brother OSU either. They are the fans that think they are going to be better in the *future* than they will be ;)

Fraggle145
2/11/2011, 12:27 PM
With all their Heisman winners AND NC's, I'd have to disagree and say that USC is definitely an elite program. I know you guys can't stand them because they've had your number seemingly forever, but you have to respect what they've accomplished, and I'm talking Pre-Reggie Bush.

and most people at USC could give a **** less about football unless USC is winning.

MyT Oklahoma
2/11/2011, 01:44 PM
KU basketball fans hands down! << Just be glad you don't live around them.

As for college football, Ohio State University. I have a good friend in Columbus who has lived there 20 years now and even she admits that OSU is arrogant beyond belief. She is an OSU fan and yet she admits to their arrogance.

Congratulations Nebraska. ;)

htownsooner7
2/11/2011, 02:01 PM

ATM by far in my book. They just have no sense of their place in the world. When they were looking for a new coach (eventually hiring Sherman), all the talk on the Houston radio was how they shouldn't sell themselves short, after all, the aggie job was a TOP FIVE job. A top 5 job with those facilities and all the support meant they could get someone like Spurrier. Yes, that Spurrier. One caller called in and said he could name 25 jobs better than the ATM one. At that point, Tech had beaten them 5 years in a row as well. I don't know about 25 better, but ATM ain't anywhere near a top 5 job. Just don't tell the aggie faithful that.

jumperstop
2/11/2011, 02:19 PM
ATM by far in my book. They just have no sense of their place in the world. When they were looking for a new coach (eventually hiring Sherman), all the talk on the Houston radio was how they shouldn't sell themselves short, after all, the aggie job was a TOP FIVE job. A top 5 job with those facilities and all the support meant they could get someone like Spurrier. Yes, that Spurrier. One caller called in and said he could name 25 jobs better than the ATM one. At that point, Tech had beaten them 5 years in a row as well. I don't know about 25 better, but ATM ain't anywhere near a top 5 job. Just don't tell the aggie faithful that.

There are at least three better jobs in the Big 12 alone. Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska. Not including half of the SEC, a third of the PAC 10 and Big 10, I would say there might easily be 25 better jobs than aTm...

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 02:31 PM
In no specific order...

Texas "We're Texas! So...we're the best! I mean...WE ARE TEXAS!!!"
Big f*cking deal...

OSU "If you Gooners didn't cheat we'd be number one! Just wait until next year!"
Sour grapes?

Kansas State "Snyder! Yeah! ....."

Florida State "BOBBY BOWDEN! TOP FIVE!"
You're in the ACC and needed phantom calls in '93 to win it.

Michigan "Most wins.....EVAR!"
You haven't won anything in forever and lost to Appalachian State...at home.

Boise State "We'r..."
Shut, the, f*ck, up!

Football Jim
2/11/2011, 03:03 PM
Wow, this list would have to include all of the regular jerk fans.......

ND,tOSU,:stunned:texass,All SEC teams, USC, Ducks, Boise, Bugeaters......Sand Aggy......A & M...... they all pretty much bite the big one....
Iowa, Missou,CU..... I better stop now

Sooners78
2/11/2011, 03:18 PM
I would add Michigan and Virginia Tech to the others that have been mentioned.

NMSooner'80
2/11/2011, 03:19 PM
KU basketball fans hands down! << Just be glad you don't live around them.

They might be the worst of the worst. Even when I was an undergrad ('77-80), they acted like KU had the market cornered on moral superiority. And that was usually because their teams were more Caucasian than most (I don't feel bad about saying that, because I'm also a honky; and I have also been to Lawrence for a game).

ouduckhunter
2/11/2011, 03:26 PM
Oreygone. Yes, I am surrounded by them, and yes, I dislike the majority of them, but I also find many of them to be delusional about their program, and their abilities. Pfft on them!

Mike Stoops
2/11/2011, 03:33 PM
Oreygone. Yes, I am surrounded by them, and yes, I dislike the majority of them, but I also find many of them to be delusional about their program, and their abilities. Pfft on them!

When you have a billionaire sugar daddy the expectations go through the roof. Just ask OSU fans.

badger
2/11/2011, 03:35 PM
Georgia was the personification (programification?) of delusion a few years ago when they had their Little Joe wannabe running back jumper and Stafford. A few losses took care of them. Here's my nominees from each conference:

Big Ten: Michigan. You have the all-time winningest record. Good for you. When was the last time you won your conference or had a meaningful bowl win?

Honorable mention: Michigan State. Aww, how cute! You guys are the three-way CO-Big Ten Champion? As your radio dude said a few years ago after losing to the domers, PUCKER PUCKER PUCKER! You aren't there yet and may never be. Sorry.

Pac 10/12: UCLA. You might be in the same town as USC, but you are worlds apart, even when the condoms are on bowl probation. How is that they can outrecruit you when they have no chance of a bowl this coming season? Because you really suck. Don't kid yourself.

Honorable mention: Washington. We visited there a few years back and the fans seemed resigned to the fact that Tyrone Willingham wouldn't get them anywhere, but now that they've beaten USC twice, they seem to be under the impression that they're a team on the rise. You're not and you'll be lucky if you make another bowl now that Locker's gone.

Big East: Entire conference. You all suck. Now bend over so the horned frogs can give you horned tongue.

Honorable Mention: TCU. Oh, you thought going to a BCS conference would make you automatic qualifiers for national titles? Tee hee, you silly purple frogs...

ACC: Miami. I'm sure Canes are all convinced they can rewind the clock to the 80s and 90s and be relevant again or that they were one fired coach away from winning their conference. I would agree... if you were still in the Big Least!

Honorable mention: Noles. Yes, having a coach with the last name "Stoops" excites us too, but you guys LOST THE ACC. I repeat, LOST THE ACC. A single good recruiting class will not get you back to 90s, early 00's range. You're not past the Bowden retirement-while-in-job sucky years yet!

SEC: Tennessee. Playing tough opponents might put butts in your 100,000+ seats, but it won't get you the wins to get those crystal balls that all of your SEC opponents are raking in.

Honorable mention: Arkansas. They tie Rocky Top. In an era when the SEC allegedly pwns the BCS, they go and lose the Sugar Bowl. Whooooo...ps pig sucky!

Big 12: Aggie/Aggy. There is no greater divide between reality and the delusion of football domination among the Aggies and Aggys of the Big 12. Amazing how a lot of top bowl losing (yes, we know you Pokes won your bowl, hush hush children) and NOT WINNING THE BIG 12 (yes, we know you A&Mers won a single title in 90s, hush hush children) wouldn't convince you otherwise.

Honorable mention: The teams that left. Oh yeah, you'll totally compete for titles in your new conference. It was totally the right move. Totally.

PS: If the system tells you your title is too damn long, then DO NOT MAKE IT JUST A FEW CHARACTERS SHORT OF BEING TOO DAMN LONG! :mad:

AlboSooner
2/11/2011, 03:42 PM
A&M.

If there is an AM fan here: hey the rest of the nation, and college football history does not consider you a football power. Lower your expectations; you'll be happier.

SCSooner71
2/11/2011, 03:44 PM
Clemson, South Carolina and Georgia

Fraggle145
2/11/2011, 04:02 PM
Georgia was the personification (programification?) of delusion a few years ago when they had their Little Joe wannabe running back jumper and Stafford. A few losses took care of them.

The magazines were all over their nuts, but I dont know a single UGA fan that thought they would win it all that year. They thought they had a chance at the SEC. And I know a lot of them, I married one.

silverwheels
2/11/2011, 04:29 PM
Also, Ole Miss fans are delusional idiots for the most part. About on par with OSU fans.

yankee
2/11/2011, 09:07 PM
Texas A&M. Hands down.

lexsooner
2/11/2011, 10:38 PM
Also, Ole Miss fans are delusional idiots for the most part. About on par with OSU fans.

For real? They had a talented team a couple of years ago but failed to live up to expectations. Otherwise, they seem like a pretty mediocre or even below average program. I only know one Ole Miss fan, a co-worker who is serving in Iraq right now, a tobacco chewing Army Captain. And the soldier is a SHE and she is quite attractive, slender and blonde, outgoing and friendly, very smart and about the biggest tomboy you will ever meet. She loves football and Grizzly chaw and hanging out with guys. Her endearing qualities outweigh the negative fact she is an Ole Miss grad and fan.

owenfieldreams
2/11/2011, 11:00 PM
Florida.....before Spurrier took over, all they were known for was an energy drink.

sperry
2/11/2011, 11:01 PM
Also, UCLA fans aren't delusional. They don't give a chit. Even when they were pretty decent, and stomped us up at the Rose Bowl in '05, there was no one there.

Delusional is Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, etc. Who sell out large stadiums game in and game out, despite the fact that the best case scenario is they win the conference once a decade. aTm Aggies are up there as well.

sperry
2/11/2011, 11:02 PM
For real? They had a talented team a couple of years ago but failed to live up to expectations. Otherwise, they seem like a pretty mediocre or even below average program. I only know one Ole Miss fan, a co-worker who is serving in Iraq right now, a tobacco chewing Army Captain. And the soldier is a SHE and she is quite attractive, slender and blonde, outgoing and friendly, very smart and about the biggest tomboy you will ever meet. She loves football and Grizzly chaw and hanging out with guys. Her endearing qualities outweigh the negative fact she is an Ole Miss grad and fan.

Attractiveness and tobacco chewing are mutually exclusive characteristics in a woman.

silverwheels
2/12/2011, 11:36 AM

I said for the most part. Obviously not every fan of mostly dumb fanbases is an idiot, but most Ole Miss fans I have encountered have an over-inflated opinion of the Rebels. Then again, mediocre programs in the SEC do that because they're in the SEC (see also Arkansas).

cdlbdd
2/12/2011, 11:46 AM

lexsooner
2/12/2011, 12:30 PM
I think Kentucky fans here in Lexington would be like Ole Miss and other mediocre football school fans of the SEC if it were not for the fact it is a basketball school and they always have hoops to fall back upon. Football is more of a sideshow until basketball starts. Arguably, UK is to basketball what OU is to football, one of the most storied programs in history. UK football fans enjoy tailgating and talking about the team, but most I know are resigned to the fact UK is going to get pummeled in the SEC and with nothing but patsy non-conference teams to play, they might get into a minor bowl. Along the way UK might upset somebody like SC, but will lose some games they should not. Now the caveat is if UK had a real successful season or two, like ten wins plus. Then they might turn into OSU fans and act all cocky until they get put into their place by some truly elite programs.

lexsooner
2/12/2011, 12:35 PM
Attractiveness and tobacco chewing are mutually exclusive characteristics in a woman.

Samantha is a hottie by any definition. She's just very country and tom boyish as the day is long. She may have given up the chaw in Iraq. I'm not sure. Some of us just sent her a care package and we threw in a lot of bubble gum in hopes she chews the gum instead of dip.

meandmybutt
2/12/2011, 01:24 PM
OSU
Tech

SoonerinSouthlake
2/12/2011, 01:46 PM
Baylor

I know seems silly to say... But the moment the lovable Bears had a few wins this year..my Baylor friends were charting thier path to the B12 championship and blocking off the saturday night of the Heisman presentation to watch Robert Griffen humbly take the trophy home.

Go ahead SicEm...neg spek me. Im expecting it

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2011, 11:28 PM
Baylor

I know seems silly to say... But the moment the lovable Bears had a few wins this year..my Baylor friends were charting thier path to the B12 championship and blocking off the saturday night of the Heisman presentation to watch Robert Griffen humbly take the trophy home.

Go ahead SicEm...neg spek me. Im expecting it

This just makes virtually no sense at all. There were certainly some Baylor fans that thought our season would be a bit better than it was, and sure we got excited with some success but overall this couldn't be further from the truth. Your typical Baylor fan has as much optimism as a Soviet-era Russian citizen. Trust me, no Baylor fan is under any illusion as to the state of our program.

CowboyMRW
2/13/2011, 02:41 AM
AnM and it's not really close. Their arrogance and self-entitlement is over the top.

Plus they are a middle of the road Big 12 team. What makes them think that they can become a top flight SEC team. I hate that team more than any other team in the world.

101sooner
2/13/2011, 03:13 AM
OSU Basketball.

texaspokieokie
2/13/2011, 08:59 AM
i still believe this applies to ALL schools. that is what fans do.

a 2 or 3 game winning streak will pump up nearly all fans.