PDA

View Full Version : Sam Vs. The Sport's Animal

booomer
2/10/2011, 07:26 AM
It sure was nice of the Sport's Animal to spend part of their show last night complaining about Sam (and his family) not giving them an interview on the evening that he returns to OU to be recognized by those that really matter.....the Sooner fans!

I guess he has never given them an interview....maybe that should tell them something. What a bunch of blowhards. It was hacking me off. But, Traber was sure to tell the listening audience that it wasn't for them, it was for us, the fans.....as if I need the Sport's Animal to tell me about Sam. :rolleyes: He was also sure to remind us that their ratings won't change one way or another because of it.......really? Then why even bring it up?

Anyway.....I was at the game last night and they had a nice tribute for him! Thanks Sam for making Sooner fans important for a few hours last night!

SoonerPride
2/10/2011, 07:53 AM
That station is still on?

101sooner
2/10/2011, 08:28 AM
They usually don't bother me but I listened to that discussion yesterday and that was the dumbest conversation in the history radio, and that includes CB radio.

Boomer.....
2/10/2011, 08:32 AM
I was actually surprised that Sam didn't get on the mic and say something. He barely walked on the court and waved for a minute. It still was cool seeing him home and the video they showed was awesome.

Mike Stoops
2/10/2011, 03:07 PM
I've never cared for the Oklahoma sports media, especially Tramel and Eschbach with their arrogance and entitlement mentality. Sam doesn't owe them a damn thing.

Midtowner
2/10/2011, 03:14 PM
For all the bitching about what goes on at that station, you all are actually tuning into this toilet of a station, apparently.

Boomer.....
2/10/2011, 03:24 PM
You pathetic human beings. Well if you don't want to listen, then you can turn the channel, yardbird!

SoonerPride
2/10/2011, 03:32 PM
For all the bitching about what goes on at that station, you all are actually tuning into this toilet of a station, apparently.

Not me.
I stopped listening after the Big 12 Houston fiasco.

Don't miss it.
Surpised it is still in existence.

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 03:49 PM
I haven't listed to the SA in probably 5-6 years. One time not too long ago I was flipping through the stations and I hear "totally...dominant...duo" and I go "they're still doing that total dominance schtick and worse yet, people are still listening to it?" Back when I listened I thought it was the "trio" with midget boy, fat boy, and Blevins.

stoopified
2/10/2011, 05:03 PM
SA.....yuck

go4eight
2/10/2011, 05:34 PM
No one has to tune in to the 640 Geranimal,we get all the scoop over here!!Go Sooners!!!!!

KBoomer11
2/10/2011, 05:48 PM
I don't listen to much music and they are the best Sports Radio we got so I listen to it. Sometimes it's ridiculous but most of the time it's pretty entertaining one way or the other.

ouwino
2/10/2011, 06:09 PM
i quit listening to that piece of trash radio station after they disrespected Nate Hybl

sooner59
2/10/2011, 07:15 PM
Its 75% or commercials anyway. They have lost so many damn listeners because of their stupid conversations (half of which aren't about sports) that have to result to 15 minutes of talk and 45 minutes of commercials per hour. Its annoying.

King Crimson
2/10/2011, 07:20 PM
i'm sports talk radio free for about ten years now. don't miss it at all.

go4eight
2/10/2011, 07:49 PM
Like I said the Sports Geranimal is just that!!!They want to tell you what to do,what to wear,& what to listen to..They don"t know sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!Go Sooners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dwight
2/10/2011, 07:57 PM
KREF Sports Talk 1400 AM FTW!

colinreturn
2/10/2011, 08:12 PM
The only tough part of moving from fort worth to norman was losing the ticket. Nothing like it in the world.

SoonerStormchaser
2/10/2011, 08:15 PM
I quit after the Florida game...glad I did...

oumartin
2/10/2011, 08:19 PM
time for an Ozarka water break!

SoonerDan74012
2/10/2011, 08:30 PM
KREF Sports Talk 1400 AM FTW!

Agreed on that! I listen to them everyday at work. T.J. Perry and Chris Joseph especially.

AlboSooner
2/10/2011, 08:55 PM
the animal sucks. I don't listen to that station. Glad Sam didn't go on.

goingoneight
2/10/2011, 08:58 PM
When they got the Tulsa station, I thought "cool."

Then they filled the air with ORU, TU, OSU, KU sports (wtf "Oklahoma's" sports authority?), Texas Rangers baseball (once again... OKLAHOMA airing a real snoozer), endless commercials and...

... wait for it...

... wait for it...

... golf.

All this carp DURING OU football season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but who gives a shat about Tiger Woods's divorce during fall camp?

They don't even air the games anymore... so screw 'em. Screw 'em twice if they're gonna rip on Sam Bradford... the epitome of class professional athlete.

OUthunder
2/10/2011, 09:13 PM
Moved back to Oklahoma in March 2007. Listened to them for a few months and just thought that they were full of crap, arrogant, and not that informative when it came to the Sooners. Quit listening then and have not been back. I used to like Traber but he's just a fat, sack of ****, that tries to bully people, especially OU football players.

**** him and midget boy.

SoonerMom2
2/10/2011, 10:09 PM
Will only listen to KREF 1400 -- love Myron, James Hale, and PJ -- enjoy the station as a whole because when they interview people, they don't treat them like trash. Arrogance reigns supreme at the SA. I am KREF all the way and have been since they came back on the air with sports.

StoopTroup
2/10/2011, 10:31 PM
I bet Suh would have given them an interview.

Radar's Left Hand
2/10/2011, 10:41 PM
If Dan Patrick hasn't made it to Oklahoma yet I suggest you get a "Stitcher" app on your phone and stream his show every day. All other shows will make you sad once you do this.

sooner518
2/11/2011, 12:10 AM
The only tough part of moving from fort worth to norman was losing the ticket. Nothing like it in the world.

Aside from the hardline, I think the ticket is overrated. I've actually really grown to like former hardliner Greg-o on 105.3 in Dallas. Probably my favorite sports talk show in dfw.

Mike Stoops
2/11/2011, 12:15 AM
Aside from the hardline, I think the ticket is overrated. I've actually really grown to like former hardliner Greg-o on 105.3 in Dallas. Probably my favorite sports talk show in dfw.

I loved Galloway when I lived in Dallas.

BusterRhymes86
2/11/2011, 12:15 AM
Dan Patricks show is on in the mornings...from 8 to 11...on one of the AM stations

booomer
2/11/2011, 07:05 AM

I hated Galloway when I lived in Dallas because of the way he treated Switzer.

sooner518
2/11/2011, 08:35 AM

I dont hate Galloway, but he's definitely my least favorite of the 3 afternoon drive shows. He probably is the most knowledgeable out of them all when it comes to DFW sports, but I just cant get into him. I really only turn to ESPN radio when the other 2 sports stations are on commercial..... and most of the time, its either Mike and Mike (embarassingly bad) or Cowherd (one of the more irritating people to listen to in the world), so I dont find myself there very often.

Breadburner
2/11/2011, 08:38 AM
If Dan Patrick hasn't made it to Oklahoma yet I suggest you get a "Stitcher" app on your phone and stream his show every day. All other shows will make you sad once you do this.

You have to be kidding, that dip**** was still talking about Christina Aguilera and the Black-eyed Peas Super-Bowl half-time show 3 days after it was over....

Sooner_Bob
2/11/2011, 09:02 AM
You have to be kidding, that dip**** was still talking about Christina Aguilera and the Black-eyed Peas Super-Bowl half-time show 3 days after it was over....

I think we were too . . . for at least a day or two on here.

picasso
2/11/2011, 09:09 AM
I like to catch Dave Sittler when he's on in Tulsa. And Pat Jones has some great perspective from an old school coach type of er uh type of deal there.

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 09:11 AM
I hated Galloway when I lived in Dallas because of the way he treated Switzer.

galloway referred to Switzer (when with cowgirls) as ISP> insignificant sideline personnel.

like galloway knew more about football than Barry.
(i don't hate gally,but i sure don't like him.)

we were blessed when he moved from DMN (or herald) to ft worth startelegram. that was addition by subtraction.

NormanPride
2/11/2011, 11:21 AM
Listening in after a football game is one of my favorite things about gameday. Hearing all the yahoos call in and make a fool of themselves is high comedy. Though it doesn't hold a candle to Sam Mays and the OSU idiot hour after their games. Ha!

Boomer.....
2/11/2011, 11:41 AM

Then they filled the air with ORU, TU, OSU, KU sports (wtf "Oklahoma's" sports authority?), Texas Rangers baseball (once again... OKLAHOMA airing a real snoozer), endless commercials and...

... wait for it...

... wait for it...

... golf.

All this carp DURING OU football season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but who gives a shat about Tiger Woods's divorce during fall camp?

They don't even air the games anymore... so screw 'em. Screw 'em twice if they're gonna rip on Sam Bradford... the epitome of class professional athlete.

Don't forget about Arky. They love to talk some Razorback football.

MeMyself&Me
2/11/2011, 11:41 AM
Will only listen to KREF 1400 -- love Myron, James Hale, and PJ -- enjoy the station as a whole because when they interview people, they don't treat them like trash. Arrogance reigns supreme at the SA. I am KREF all the way and have been since they came back on the air with sports.

I keep hearing about this KREF but I'm too far away to pick it up. I tried listening via their online stream on my computer but the volume of their feed is so low (and my computer's not that great either) that I have to sit right in front of the computer and lean forward a bit to hear them. I can get my computer to send live radio streams to my DVR to play on my entertainment center (which would solve that issue) but not their flash based stream. Anyone know of an alternate format stream for KREF?

nativesooner
2/11/2011, 12:06 PM
I listen to 640 in our work vehicle from time to time (it only has an AM radio) and the other day some guy was telling Mark Rodgers that he'd like to hear more Thunder stuff, since the Animal is a "flagship station". Mark responded that their ratings are fine without all that stuff and asked him what did he care? He was pretty snotty to the guy and said that they're doing ok with what they're doing now and didn't need any Thunder interviews to help with ratings. It seems like these guys like to gloat about their ratings but who are they going up against? Like Mx3, I can't get KREF so sure it's easy to be #1 in a market with no #2.

OUmillenium
2/11/2011, 01:06 PM

... wait for it...

... wait for it...

... golf.

You nailed it. Tulsa animal eats the duush.

Cowboy Bill Watts was great when he was on. Pat Jones is about the only thing on TulsaAnimal saving it. Bill Haisten is solid. Big Al and everything else = super fail.

Nothing beats Bill King on Sirius 122 Rivals Radio.

70sooner
2/11/2011, 01:42 PM
I used to like to listen to the Animal when the Godfather of the Wishbone was still alive, but I pretty much quit after he was gone. RIP, Jack.

badger
2/11/2011, 01:49 PM
I love hearing from Paul Thompson when they have him on, but I only listen to ENA and the Sports Animal when NP's driving in the morning :D

As for the Sports Animal feeling snubbed by Sammie, if they really want to talk to him, they should try harder. Duurrr, he wouldn't talk to us at the OU-Texas game. Well, then try catching him at an autograph event, or actually venture into the state of Missouri during a spring training and catch him when he talks to the media afterward. Get his agent on the line and get a phone interview. Get in a line for an autograph even if you have to pay for it, and ask him for an interview instead. And if he still blows you off, talk to his former Sooner teammates, his parents, his agent, his endorsement companies, and talk about nothing but Sam, Sam, Sam. Eventually, you are going to get your interview. YOU ARE JUST NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH.

If Bill O'Reilly can get Barack Obama, then the Sports Animal can get Sam Bradford. Hell, if O'Reilly can get Obama, the Sports Animal can get anyone. :P

oumartin
2/11/2011, 02:20 PM
Sam is above the SA. Heck any prep player is above the SA. Oh and Rodgers is a heck whos wife left him after he was caught gobblin c@ck.

Seamus
2/11/2011, 02:24 PM
Instead of bitching about those idots, make a statement that matters:

Boycott their sponsors. Hell, organize a concerted boycott and let the sponsors know why you're boycotting them.

Money has, does and will continue to talk. The sponsors are the money, so "talk" to them.

Mike Stoops
2/11/2011, 02:24 PM
galloway referred to Switzer (when with cowgirls) as ISP> insignificant sideline personnel.

like galloway knew more about football than Barry.
(i don't hate gally,but i sure don't like him.)

we were blessed when he moved from DMN (or herald) to ft worth startelegram. that was addition by subtraction.

That's just Galloway's schtick. He makes fun of everybody. Hell, he talks more trash about Jerry Jones and the Cowboys than anyone.

Mike Stoops
2/11/2011, 02:38 PM
I like to catch Dave Sittler when he's on in Tulsa. And Pat Jones has some great perspective from an old school coach type of er uh type of deal there.

Never heard Sittler on the radio but don't really care for his articles. Too much like Barry Tramel in that whenever OU loses a big game and the fans want to let off a little steam he launches into one of those "Bob Stoops knows more about football than all of you peons so shut the hell up" articles. Which is true but he doesn't have to be such a ****** about it.

Sooner13
2/11/2011, 02:49 PM
I listen to 640 in our work vehicle from time to time (it only has an AM radio) and the other day some guy was telling Mark Rodgers that he'd like to hear more Thunder stuff, since the Animal is a "flagship station". Mark responded that their ratings are fine without all that stuff and asked him what did he care? He was pretty snotty to the guy and said that they're doing ok with what they're doing now and didn't need any Thunder interviews to help with ratings. It seems like these guys like to gloat about their ratings but who are they going up against? Like Mx3, I can't get KREF so sure it's easy to be #1 in a market with no #2.

I heard this the other day as well and was disgusted with Rodgers response to the guy. So what if their ratings are good. Like others have said, who are they going up against? Besides, as good as a business may be, can't it always be better?

Sooners78
2/11/2011, 03:36 PM
Where is KREF broadcast from? I haven't tried it in Lawton, but I'll try it on my drive home today.

The SA lineup is just too arrogant across the board. For someone who really didn't accomplish much in sports, Traber is about as arrogant as they come. The dude can sure dish it out, but if he ever gets called out for something, he loses it.

Traber's a yardbird. wth does that even mean?

cantwait48
2/11/2011, 05:13 PM
"For someone who really didn't accomplish much in sports"

you are wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY2HargZ7g

Mixer!
2/11/2011, 05:58 PM
Too bad the Thunder have to be stuck on that crap station.

booomer
2/11/2011, 08:49 PM
For the most part, I like WWLS, but that conversation about Sam aggravated me; especially taking shots at him and his family on the eve of a happy occasion....returning to Norman to be recognized by Sooner fans.

This morning when I was driving in Steely, Curtis, and Carey all defended him and didn't understand why anyone would be upset that he didn't want to do an interview.

KBoomer11
2/11/2011, 09:49 PM
Where is KREF broadcast from? I haven't tried it in Lawton, but I'll try it on my drive home today.

The SA lineup is just too arrogant across the board. For someone who really didn't accomplish much in sports, Traber is about as arrogant as they come. The dude can sure dish it out, but if he ever gets called out for something, he loses it.

Traber's a yardbird. wth does that even mean?

He played quarterback and baseball for the Cowpokes and he played in the major leagues. You are way off your rocker if you say he didn't accomplish much in sports. You may not like the guy but that's not a smart way to attack him.

Partial Qualifier
2/11/2011, 10:20 PM
Agreed on that! I listen to them everyday at work. T.J. Perry and Chris Joseph especially.

TJ Perry's probably the best radio guy in the state right now.

texaspokieokie
2/12/2011, 09:06 AM
That's just Galloway's schtick. He makes fun of everybody. Hell, he talks more trash about Jerry Jones and the Cowboys than anyone.

more than just "schtick". he was really low down & bitter. talked about Switzer like he was a dumb dog. actively tried to get him fired, which he finally did.
(i'm not saying galloway had anything to do with the firing, but he tried)

oumartin
2/12/2011, 09:25 AM
The S.A. is so bad that their final lap(nascar) segment often times are like a month behind and their thunder player profiles used to feature players that weren't even on the roster anymore.

GDC
2/12/2011, 10:55 AM
Sam is above the SA. Heck any prep player is above the SA. Oh and Rodgers is a heck whos wife left him after he was caught gobblin c@ck.

:eek:

We all know he is a dick, didn't know he liked it too.

bluedogok
2/12/2011, 09:23 PM
more than just "schtick". he was really low down & bitter. talked about Switzer like he was a dumb dog. actively tried to get him fired, which he finally did.
(i'm not saying galloway had anything to do with the firing, but he tried)
I have heard Galloway say in recent years that he was way too hard on Switzer and he didn't deserve a lot of the grief that was given to him by the DFW sports media. He said that Switzer's biggest problem was that he wasn't Jimmy Johnson and they knew they couldn't get rid of Jerry Jones, so Barry was the easiest target. Dale Hansen was the biggest jerk out of the two.

MamaMia
2/12/2011, 10:02 PM
Not me.
I stopped listening after the Big 12 Houston fiasco.

Don't miss it.
Surpised it is still in existence.Me too. Same day; over the Nate/Trent thing.

Mike Stoops
2/12/2011, 10:04 PM
Barry himself said any number of coaches could have won a SB with that 95 Cowboy team. I don't think he got enough credit for being able to motivate them though. Contrary to popular opinion by the end of that season he had most of them ready to run through a brick wall for him. Even Skip Bayless wrote that in one of his books. Aikman was the one who tried to get him fired.

MamaMia
2/12/2011, 10:23 PM
This...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSFIsD7EsZg

Sooners78
2/14/2011, 09:40 AM
He played quarterback and baseball for the Cowpokes and he played in the major leagues. You are way off your rocker if you say he didn't accomplish much in sports. You may not like the guy but that's not a smart way to attack him.

I'll concede to you on the baseball part because he did play in the majors, even though he's most remembered in baseball for chasing that japanese pitcher all the way to the outfield before getting his fat rear kicked!

My big problem with him is on the football part especially when he trashes another QB. If you ever saw the guy play at OSU, you know what I mean. I completely lost respect for him after the 2002 Big 12 championship. He and Doug basically ripped Hybl because his stats were not spectacular, even though Nate did what he had to do in that game by getting the ball in Q's hands. As a former QB, Traber should understand that. Then, when Al and the others brought Nate on to confront Traber and Gottlieb, they were both speechless cowards.

texaspokieokie
2/14/2011, 09:44 AM
Barry himself said any number of coaches could have won a SB with that 95 Cowboy team. I don't think he got enough credit for being able to motivate them though. Contrary to popular opinion by the end of that season he had most of them ready to run through a brick wall for him. Even Skip Bayless wrote that in one of his books. Aikman was the one who tried to get him fired.

aikman & moose.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/14/2011, 11:31 AM
For this wondering about KREF, they now have it where you can listen from a mobile device.

http://www.sportstalk1400.com/kref2/index.php