PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback Tate Forcier is transferring from Michigan to Miami.

JLEW1818
2/9/2011, 10:07 PM
"Miami had the best opportunity," Forcier told ESPN. "There is so much positive energy around this program and I really want to be a part of it. I love these coaches and feel like they are the right guys for me. I had a great visit and I really want to be a part of the rebirth at Miami."

Forcier signed an aid agreement on Wednesday, making the transfer official. Under NCAA rules, he will not be eligible to play for the Hurricanes until 2012.

Forcier had narrowed his options to Kansas State, Washington, Arizona, Miami and Montana before choosing Miami.

Forcier backed up Denard Robinson last season after starting ahead of him when they were both freshmen during the 2009 season. Forcier threw for 2,647 yards with 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 20 career games.

The 6-foot-1, 192-pound Forcier, a native of San Diego, Calif., was ruled academically ineligible to play in the Jan. 1 Gator Bowl.

Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon said Forcier was no longer with the program as he introduced coach Brady Hoke as Rich Rodriguez's successor.

Forcier was a prep star in San Diego who wound up starting for Michigan in his college debut.

Injuries stunted his success and the Wolverines lost seven of their next eight games. Robinson moved past Forcier on the depth chart last spring and started the 2010 opener, accounting for 383 yards and two touchdowns in a win over Connecticut.

Still, it's a significant pickup for first-year coach Al Golden, who wanted to add two quarterbacks in this year's recruiting class. Miami figures to have senior Jacory Harris and sophomore Stephen Morris vying for the starting job in 2011, with little depth after that.

Miami was 7-6 last season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6105876

sooneron
2/9/2011, 10:43 PM
I won't believe a word of this til you post a pic of your tweet.

SunnySooner
2/9/2011, 11:16 PM
Interesting. Well, if nothing else, warming the bench in Miami will be a lot easier than warming the bench in Ann Arbor.

sooner59
2/9/2011, 11:20 PM
South Beach > Beaches of Lake Michigan

OULenexaman
2/9/2011, 11:24 PM
South Beach > Beaches of Lake Michigan beats no beach at K-State...rumor here is he visited the little apple yesterday.

agoo758
2/9/2011, 11:58 PM
South Beach > Beaches of Lake Michigan

Well if the guy wants to be a starter again. He probably shouldn't be spending too much time on the beach as opposed to studying up staying in shape.

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 11:59 PM
Forcier had narrowed his options to Kansas State, Washington, Arizona, Miami and Montana before choosing Miami.

Montana missed it by that much.

Jason Alexander
2/10/2011, 02:23 AM
Why would any college QB want to be the starter if he (or she) went to a school like Miami? Forcier should be happy that he doesn't have the pressure of making it in the NFL and just spend the next three years on the beach. I don't know why he couldn't have done this at San Diego St. though.

bmjlr
2/10/2011, 09:29 AM
Why would any college QB want to be the starter if he (or she) went to a school like Miami? Forcier should be happy that he doesn't have the pressure of making it in the NFL and just spend the next three years on the beach. I don't know why he couldn't have done this at San Diego St. though.

I agree. The show Blue Mountain State comes to mind. :D

Mississippi Sooner
2/10/2011, 09:39 AM
Montana missed it by that much.

That one just jumped off the page. Montana???

sooneron
2/10/2011, 10:47 AM
I had a great visit and I really want to be a part of the afterbirth at Miami."

FTFT

mgsooner
2/10/2011, 11:59 AM
Never been impressed.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/10/2011, 02:00 PM
That one just jumped off the page. Montana???

Nate Montana (Joe's son) is supposedly transferring from Notre Dame to Montana. There must be something about them for these QB's to want to transfer there. Do they win alot of games there or something? :confused:

Mississippi Sooner
2/10/2011, 02:17 PM
Nate Montana (Joe's son) is supposedly transferring from Notre Dame to Montana. There must be something about them for these QB's to want to transfer there. Do they win alot of games there or something? :confused:

I just did a quick check, and yeah, I guess they do kick a lot of tail in 1-AA. In fact, they've been in the national championship game 7 times out of the last 16 years. I had no idea.

rekamrettuB
2/10/2011, 02:22 PM
He has a sports name.

OhU1
2/10/2011, 02:45 PM
Tranfer QB are usually prima donnas and they usually just end up warming another team's bench. He won't play at Miami either.

sperry
2/10/2011, 03:01 PM
Tranfer QB are usually prima donnas and they usually just end up warming another team's bench. He won't play at Miami either.

There are plenty of transfer success stories. Forcier seems like a decent player, he'll ahve a shot to play at Miami.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/10/2011, 03:28 PM

Kinda like what happened to that Ryan Mallett guy huh? :rolleyes:

unbiasedtruth
2/10/2011, 03:30 PM
@ Montana he would not need to sit a year, do to NCAA eligibility rules, and could play next season....

badger
2/10/2011, 03:41 PM
Interesting. Well, if nothing else, warming the bench in Miami will be a lot easier than warming the bench in Ann Arbor.

Baww, but he will be warming a bench that is already warm, due to the warmer weather in Miami compared with arctic Michigan ;)

While I haven't been impressed with his football playing thus far, what impressed me was that it took an academic ineligibility to get him to leave his beloved Wolverines. Losing a starting job that was his throughout his froshie season, having his replacement get Heisman hype and an Erin Andrews interview and constant criticism couldn't do it --- he stuck it out till Michigan kicked him out.

Tate buddy, this "Fail" is for you!

Fail! to the victors vacuum
Fail! cuz they suck those zeroes
Fail! Fail! to Meat Chicken
The loser suckfest!

Fail! to their crappy bowl loss
Fail! to their fired coach Rod
Fail! Fail! to Meat Chicken,
Not champions nor the best!

(go blue!)

Scott D
2/10/2011, 09:59 PM
hah...

Nobody in Ann Arbor is sad to see him go. Guy has a rep for not working hard in practice, not working hard in the classroom (provided he can be bothered to attend class in the first place), and sulking when he isn't playing because of either reason a or b. He got called out by teammates before the season for not putting in effort, and I see no reason he'd do anything differently at Miami. Provided that he can manage to get past his forced redshirt year without being kicked off the team.

misplacedsooner
2/10/2011, 10:33 PM
he will start at miami in 12...mark it.

badger
2/11/2011, 12:53 PM
he will start at miami in 12...mark it.

Hell, start him in 11. So long as you're unaware of NCAA rules, you don't have to follow them :D

misplacedsooner
2/11/2011, 01:05 PM
ive got a soft spot for michigan having grown up there with season tics. the kid has some big talent but needs to gain alot between the ears to put it togather....just a hunch he will mature a bit.