PDA

View Full Version : KILL THE WHORNS

JLEW1818
2/9/2011, 09:06 PM
**** IT

Eielson
2/9/2011, 09:15 PM
ZOMG FIRE CAPEL FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE CAPEL FIRE FIRE!

birddog
2/9/2011, 09:17 PM
time to ratchet up the tension, boys!

JLEW1818
2/9/2011, 09:28 PM
aint looking good

Soonerman82
2/9/2011, 09:29 PM
Blah this game sucks.

101sooner
2/9/2011, 09:31 PM
That was a little better.

JLEW1818
2/9/2011, 09:43 PM
horns 4-7 on 3's

GDC
2/9/2011, 10:14 PM
We suck so bad it is embarrassing.

LoveDemSooners
2/9/2011, 11:03 PM
That was ****ing embarassing

Sooner_Bob
2/9/2011, 11:12 PM
How bad was it?

JLEW1818
2/9/2011, 11:35 PM
Not even competitive

yankee
2/9/2011, 11:36 PM
As much as it pains me to say it...That's a damn good Texass team.

oulucas
2/9/2011, 11:53 PM
At least there was a decent crowd tonight. We got there early and sat in the front row. Rowdy student section even though we were getting drilled. I hate to admit it but texas is really, really good. They were bigger, faster, stronger, and better shooters.

EnragedOUfan
2/9/2011, 11:57 PM
Can someone explain to me what happened to OU basketball?

I followed it heavily from 1999-2003. I joined the military in 2003 and sort of lost track.

I remember the Nolan Johnson, Najera, and Hollis Price days. I remember when Kelvin Sampson's teams were quite competitive. I remember when we actually won Big 12 tournaments, beating both Texas in the finals one year and KU in another. We were good back then. I remember those close games with us coming out with the win against Desmond Mason and the Cowboys in Stillwater.

While in the military, I remember reading on how Sampson broke a ton of rules. He eventually left for Indiana.

In 2007, we brought in Capel. Capel has had one OK season due to Blake Griffin. Nothing else.

Meanwhile, from 2004 and on, Rick Barnes has built a basketball machine down in Texas. He's one heck of a recruiter. They've recently become a powerhouse, and it started with Kevin Durant.

Our series lead over the horns was at one point a 20 game difference with us on top. Now its just slowly fading away, season after season.....

Is there any sign of hope? How do we lose our entire basketball team after one season (last season)? Is Jeff Capel a good coach? What I saw tonight was garbage. We can't hit free throws, we're impatient with the basketball and instead of trying to score from a play, we just dribble down court and shoot. No one on our team really has a shot.....I saw no emotion, no intensity from our team tonight. I realize that we have a young team, but I'm no longer a fan of Coach Capel. He needs to be fired before our basketball program goes further into a hole.......

AlboSooner
2/10/2011, 12:01 AM
One of the refs who called 80% of all fouls, always talked to Texas' players or managers during time outs. He always hung out close to the Texas huddle during time outs.

The sooners left many points on the court. We missed at least ten shots that are considered easy.

Eielson
2/10/2011, 12:09 AM
Meanwhile, from 2004 and on, Rick Barnes has built a basketball machine down in Texas. He's one heck of a recruiter. They've recently become a powerhouse, and it started with Kevin Durant.

It started well before Durant.

Eielson
2/10/2011, 12:19 AM
I'm not gonna put this disaster on Capel. First off, losing at home against Texas by 16 really isn't even a big deal. Even Texas A&M got beat worse on their homecourt. Secondly, we only had 8 turnovers. We didn't play sloppy ball, we just couldn't hit shots, and like all year, we couldn't rebound. We'll get more size with Osby and Goff next year.

BHud
2/10/2011, 02:19 AM
You lost because of the refs? Wow. Just, wow.

One of the refs who called 80% of all fouls, always talked to Texas' players or managers during time outs. He always hung out close to the Texas huddle during time outs.

The sooners left many points on the court. We missed at least ten shots that are considered easy.

yankee
2/10/2011, 02:50 AM
Can someone explain to me what happened to OU basketball?

I followed it heavily from 1999-2003. I joined the military in 2003 and sort of lost track.

I remember the Nolan Johnson, Najera, and Hollis Price days. I remember when Kelvin Sampson's teams were quite competitive. I remember when we actually won Big 12 tournaments, beating both Texas in the finals one year and KU in another. We were good back then. I remember those close games with us coming out with the win against Desmond Mason and the Cowboys in Stillwater.

While in the military, I remember reading on how Sampson broke a ton of rules. He eventually left for Indiana.

In 2007, we brought in Capel. Capel has had one OK season due to Blake Griffin. Nothing else.

Our series lead over the horns was at one point a 20 game difference with us on top. Now its just slowly fading away, season after season.....

Is there any sign of hope? How do we lose our entire basketball team after one season (last season)? Is Jeff Capel a good coach? What I saw tonight was garbage. We can't hit free throws, we're impatient with the basketball and instead of trying to score from a play, we just dribble down court and shoot. No one on our team really has a shot.....I saw no emotion, no intensity from our team tonight. I realize that we have a young team, but I'm no longer a fan of Coach Capel. He needs to be fired before our basketball program goes further into a hole.......

You sound enraged.

FWIW, Capel can't shoot free throws for the players. And, we went 11-15 from the line. That's actually pretty good, in case you were wondering.

Herr Scholz
2/10/2011, 03:06 AM
Have Boren write a letter. Pitiful.

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 08:41 AM
So you two whorn dweebs show up for that one post huh? Fags. Where you been all ****ing year while your burnt orange POS football team was getting ***-raped by ISU and Baylor? That's right, hiding out waiting for basketball season - just like aggy. Meh. Chumps.

picasso
2/10/2011, 08:47 AM
So you two whorn dweebs show up for that one post huh? Fags. Where you been all ****ing year while your burnt orange POS football team was getting ***-raped by ISU and Baylor? That's right, hiding out waiting for basketball season - just like aggy. Meh. Chumps.

Yep. No balls to show up around here last fall.

sooner518
2/10/2011, 09:03 AM
Have Boren write a letter. Pitiful.

Shouldnt you be raising money for another banner to fly over our stadium? What's really pitiful is all the whorn fans coming to talk trash on our board when you have all been curiously absent since September when you started your streak of getting your *** handed to you by UCLA, Iowa St and Baylor. BAYLOR!

As for the game, Texas is just flat out better than we are at every position. The only chance we had was for their outside shooters to go horrendously cold which they didnt.

I thought our defense gave up way too many easy buckets, especially to freakin Balbay. We would play good defense for about 25 seconds, then someone would drive in, our help defender would turn his back and they'd have an easy layup.

On offense, I actually thought we executed pretty well for the most part. Texas' defense is outstanding and we got some good shots. Unfortunately, we missed some easy short ones (probably rushed due to their D) and could never get enough defensive stops to get any momentum.

Anyone whining about the refs is an idiot. The refs did a good job last night. The complete opposite of the OSU game. They let the guys play but kept control.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/10/2011, 09:42 AM
Wow! Our resident whorn fans came out in droves after finally beating us in something. Pretty weak, but about what I would expect from that fan base.

Yes, texass is way, way, way, way, way better than us. They looked bored most of the time, which is the only reason we kept it as close as we did. But, they still have to wear that ugly diarrhea color so **** 'em.

NormanPride
2/10/2011, 11:25 AM
Can't you mods change their titles? And make it in a big red font? Something embarrassing? Because they should be embarrassed.

soonerbub
2/10/2011, 11:30 AM
Look at the bright side Sooners--we are 2-1 against these guys:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/review21.jpg

AlboSooner
2/10/2011, 11:46 AM
You lost because of the refs? Wow. Just, wow.

You like to reach don't you?

OUmillenium
2/10/2011, 12:55 PM
Shouldnt you be raising money for another banner to fly over our stadium? What's really pitiful is all the whorn fans coming to talk trash on our board when you have all been curiously absent since September when you started your streak of getting your *** handed to you by UCLA, Iowa St and Baylor. BAYLOR!

As for the game, Texas is just flat out better than we are at every position. The only chance we had was for their outside shooters to go horrendously cold which they didnt.

I thought our defense gave up way too many easy buckets, especially to freakin Balbay. We would play good defense for about 25 seconds, then someone would drive in, our help defender would turn his back and they'd have an easy layup.

On offense, I actually thought we executed pretty well for the most part. Texas' defense is outstanding and we got some good shots. Unfortunately, we missed some easy short ones (probably rushed due to their D) and could never get enough defensive stops to get any momentum.

Anyone whining about the refs is an idiot. The refs did a good job last night. The complete opposite of the OSU game. They let the guys play but kept control.

yep

badger
2/10/2011, 01:21 PM
Yep. No balls to show up around here last fall.

Oh they were here after the Nebraska game :D

Just because it's fun, the OU men's basketball team has beaten more conference foes than the UT football team was able to last year. Yes, of their five wins last year, only two (Nebbish and Tech) were conference foes. As we all love to embrace dearly, we have three conference wins so far this season. And we are gonna get more!!!!!!!

But, this is the basketball board and basketball alone, so let's just contemplate this for a second: Texas is in very non-elite company with OU, being among the top three teams for NCAA tourney victories without a national championship... and they trail us by two victories in that category (33 to our 35).

Also, considering that they are Texas and all, it amazes me that they have only been able to muster one Final Four appearance this decade (2003) and only three total. OU has four.

And since they like to point out the head-to-head so much in that other sport, we pwn that as well, 47 to 31.

So, enjoy this victory, whorn. You might own Nebraska (till they leave for the Big Ten at least), but you will never own us.

soonerbub
2/10/2011, 01:33 PM
By three conference wins you mean FOUR badg
:)

...sooner
2/10/2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not gonna put this disaster on Capel. First off, losing at home against Texas by 16 really isn't even a big deal. Even Texas A&M got beat worse on their homecourt. Secondly, we only had 8 turnovers. We didn't play sloppy ball, we just couldn't hit shots, and like all year, we couldn't rebound. We'll get more size with Osby and Goff next year.

+1

Oh they were here after the Nebraska game :D

Just because it's fun, the OU men's basketball team has beaten more conference foes than the UT football team was able to last year. Yes, of their five wins last year, only two (Nebbish and Tech) were conference foes. As we all love to embrace dearly, we have three conference wins so far this season. And we are gonna get more!!!!!!!

But, this is the basketball board and basketball alone, so let's just contemplate this for a second: Texas is in very non-elite company with OU, being among the top three teams for NCAA tourney victories without a national championship... and they trail us by two victories in that category (33 to our 35).

Also, considering that they are Texas and all, it amazes me that they have only been able to muster one Final Four appearance this decade (2003) and only three total. OU has four.

And since they like to point out the head-to-head so much in that other sport, we pwn that as well, 47 to 31.

So, enjoy this victory, whorn. You might own Nebraska (till they leave for the Big Ten at least), but you will never own us.

win.

-i would like to point out that EVERYTIME texas got a foul called on them no matter what the situation they ALWAYS b*tched to the refs. they were acting like big babies & it was veryy annoying.

RealUTGrad
2/10/2011, 08:21 PM
We are a basketball school now;)

BHud
2/11/2011, 12:19 AM
What does getting swept by your rival in basketball have to do with something that happened, in another sport last year? Nice strawman and all but...

Eielson
2/11/2011, 12:28 AM
What does getting swept by your rival in basketball have to do with something that happened, in another sport last year? Nice strawman and all but...

5-7.

sperry
2/11/2011, 02:31 AM
We were gonna lose. Texas has multiple lottery picks, a senior point guard, and a lot of depth, while our 8 man rotation contains a whopping 5 years of D1 experience, 3 of that belonging to one guy. This team is a lot more competitive than anyone thought they would be. As long as our guys don't inexplicably just leave after this season (which is saying something, considering everyone but Tony Crocker and Cade have left early since Capel's been here) we are going to be leaps and bounds better next season. We just need some continuity, and we'll be fine. In the '12-'13 season we could be starting 4 of the same 5 we are today. If that happens, we're gonna finish towards the top of the league.

sooner518
2/11/2011, 09:14 AM

because while we do hate losing to UT in any sport, no amount of losses by our basketball team can be more embarassing than the trainwreck of your football season. plus you ******nozzles only come out of the woodwork after you beat us in something, but when you lose, you seem to take a prolonged hiatus instead of taking your medicine.

its not like we were surprised to lose in bball this year to UT, what with their multiple lottery picks and 6th year (seems like it anyways) point guard

NormanPride
2/11/2011, 11:27 AM
We were gonna lose. Texas has multiple lottery picks, a senior point guard, and a lot of depth, while our 8 man rotation contains a whopping 5 years of D1 experience, 3 of that belonging to one guy. This team is a lot more competitive than anyone thought they would be. As long as our guys don't inexplicably just leave after this season (which is saying something, considering everyone but Tony Crocker and Cade have left early since Capel's been here) we are going to be leaps and bounds better next season. We just need some continuity, and we'll be fine. In the '12-'13 season we could be starting 4 of the same 5 we are today. If that happens, we're gonna finish towards the top of the league.

If we're starting 4 of the same five in two years I'm pretty sure we'll still suck. these guys are backups, except Cam and maybe Pledge.

Eielson
2/11/2011, 12:15 PM
If we're starting 4 of the same five in two years I'm pretty sure we'll still suck. these guys are backups, except Cam and maybe Pledge.

And offensively, Fitz. Bring in Osby/Goff and somebody like Guerrero and you have a solid NCAA Tournament team.

fwsooner22
2/11/2011, 12:53 PM
Horns oh sorry ** pretending they are basketball fans. That will be the funniest thing I see all weekend. Thanks Herr. I can't stop laughing.

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 02:52 PM
Gee, I thought this was the basketbell forum. Must have gotten lost.

And we always have more fans at games than you guys, fw.

soonerbub
2/11/2011, 02:58 PM
Go on and get your 1 seed and choke it off in the 2nd round--we're in rebuilding mode like :mack: & the pouters but we're still playin hard

I'll take our effort but next year 21 wins is the bar or SEE YA

badger
2/11/2011, 03:01 PM
Gee, I thought this was the basketbell forum. Must have gotten lost.

And we always have more fans at games than you guys, fw.

Bawww, you texas fans are soooo d@mn loyal, having sooo many more fans show up than us ungrateful other schools. How do our stadium capacities compare, again?

:mack: Let me answer that one for Herr the Whorn... they don't. 11k compared with 16k. Almost 50 percent more capacity for basketball events than our LNC.

Next you're gonna tell me that you UT-Austiners had more fans showing up for your loser football team home games than our Big 12 Championship one. Herr, you silly whorn. Why not compare our programs (whether they be bball or footabll) on comparable things - games won and lost, championships, alumni, etc - and not base it on the fact that Texas has a larger student body, alumni base and money pit than other schools. I know it's not your fault that UT-Austin is huge and ugly, so that's why I want you to talk about sports on merit and not on buying power. :cool:

Aldebaran
2/11/2011, 03:54 PM
I thought the horn comments were rather funny.

'Have boren write a letter about the officiating', and 'we're a basketball school now'.

Good stuff.

Herr Scholz
2/11/2011, 04:22 PM
How do our stadium capacities compare, again?

:mack: Let me answer that one for Herr the Whorn... they don't. 11k compared with 16k. Almost 50 percent more capacity for basketball events than our LNC.

Was just responding to fw who said it was laughable that we consider ourselves basketball fans. Football is certainly #1 but we fill the arena and support the hoops team. It's been tha way for a couple of decades now since the Penders era (admittedly not so much before that).

badger
2/11/2011, 05:24 PM
mkay your 13k-14k average attendance over the past few seasons is nothing to sneeze at, i'll give you that... what am i saying? eff texas your attendance sucks and so does UT at everything nyah nyah ;)

Herr Scholz
2/12/2011, 12:00 AM
mkay your 13k-14k average attendance over the past few seasons
Much more than the past few seasons. That's simply not true.

badger
2/12/2011, 09:37 AM
Much more than the past few seasons. That's simply not true.

Those stats are from TexasSports.com.You know, the stats page. (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/tex-m-baskbl-stats.html) As in the 2010-11 overall stats page here (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2010-2011/texasmbbstats.html) that says your average home attendance this season is 13022 and the 2009-10 overall stats page here (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2009-2010/teamcume.html) that says your average home attendance last year was 14,629.

I understand if you don't want to admit you're wrong to most Sooners, but eventually sometime in a guy's life they have to admit that women are always right, and this is one of those cases :D

GDC
2/12/2011, 10:34 AM
:les: BAN THE WHORNS!!!

yankee
2/12/2011, 03:36 PM
That's the quietest 13K-14K I've ever heard on TV if those numbers are correct.

fwsooner22
2/16/2011, 09:02 AM
Herr knows everything as long as things are going good. I was at two home ** basketball games this season. Upper seats on both ends empty. We moved down to the 10th row in 2nd half, BOTH TIMES. Just because you went to school there doesn't mean nobody else is allowed. I probably have been to more ** basketball games than Herr has.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/16/2011, 09:44 AM
13K - 14K is paid attendance, which means actual attendance is about 10K. * is no more of a b-ball school than we are. The only time they really fill the arena is when the big name schools are in town.

And when we were winning, LNC was much louder than that echo chamber in asstin ever has been.