PDA

View Full Version : tankless water heaters...electric

ouwapiti
2/9/2011, 07:53 PM
anyone have any pros or cons ???....i've been thinking about upgrading ......thanks in advance

olevetonahill
2/9/2011, 08:03 PM
I had to replace my Gas water heater 2 yrs ago, went with a Tankless lectric

Love it. Never run out of hot water and aint heating any when i dont need it .
I installed it myself for less than 400 total

VeeJay
2/9/2011, 08:42 PM
I told Vet and I'll tell you. The best thing about a tankless water heater is that there are no tanks to have to mess with.

Today is your lucky day. I don't dispense sage advice like this normally.

tcrb
2/9/2011, 10:10 PM
I had one a couple of houses ago. It was gas. I loved it. Seems like it cost more than Vet's though...I think it was around 1200 installed. I dont have one in my current home, but as soon as the tank heater dies, I'll replace it with a tankless.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 10:12 PM
I told Vet and I'll tell you. The best thing about a tankless water heater is that there are no tanks to have to mess with.

Hence the term TANKLESS

Penguin
2/9/2011, 10:30 PM
I heard that tankless water heaters makes you gay. Flaming, in-your-face gay.

Sooner_Bob
2/9/2011, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking about going tankless.

olevetonahill
2/10/2011, 08:23 AM
I heard that tankless water heaters makes you gay. Flaming, in-your-face gay.

Suck my dick.:D

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 09:06 AM
Well there you go.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/10/2011, 09:09 AM
tank you very much, for all the wisdom

olevetonahill
2/10/2011, 09:14 AM
I had one a couple of houses ago. It was gas. I loved it. Seems like it cost more than Vet's though...I think it was around 1200 installed. I dont have one in my current home, but as soon as the tank heater dies, I'll replace it with a tankless.

I shopped around and compared em, Got Mine off Ebay for 240 bucks, Installed it myself . My Breaker Box wouldnt support another 60 amp breaker so I had to add an extra box or it wouldnt have cost me as much.
I went Lectric for the simple fack it was sio much easier than rerunning Gas Piping and doing a whole new Vent system.

tcrb
2/10/2011, 09:26 AM
I only went gas because I was replacing a gas wh and the line/vent were already there. The location was pretty much in the center of the house, so it worked out well. My current house is similar and I'll also use gas here when the time comes. From what I've read, either way you go (gas or elec) the tankless is cheaper in the long run, and you dont have to worry about the tank failing and flooding the house or garage when it reaches its end of life. And if you can locate the tankless unit close to the point of usage, you'll have instant (almost) hot water when you turn on the tap.

texaspokieokie
2/10/2011, 09:28 AM
Has any of you guys had one for any length of time ??

olevetonahill
2/10/2011, 09:50 AM
I only went gas because I was replacing a gas wh and the line/vent were already there. The location was pretty much in the center of the house, so it worked out well. My current house is similar and I'll also use gas here when the time comes. From what I've read, either way you go (gas or elec) the tankless is cheaper in the long run, and you dont have to worry about the tank failing and flooding the house or garage when it reaches its end of life. And if you can locate the tankless unit close to the point of usage, you'll have instant (almost) hot water when you turn on the tap.
Yea I had the Vent in place and the line was there for the old one, But the vent system was way different on the tank less model , It was much easier to just go lectric fer me.

Has any of you guys had one for any length of time ??
Ive had mine going on 3 years now, No complaints

NormanPride
2/10/2011, 11:40 AM
It's supposed to save you money on utility costs, but I don't think they're supposed to last long enough to recoup the installation costs from those savings. It's a bit more expensive, but again, you don't ever run out of hot water as long as you get one big enough for your house.

olevetonahill
2/10/2011, 11:49 AM
AS far as I know the only thing go wrong is the heatin elements will burn out, and Hell All lectric ones do that from time to time.If you put in a Filter so the water is filtered BEFORE it gets to the heater they will last a lot longer :cool:

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 12:05 PM
i've had both gas and electric versions. They both work great.

1890MilesToNorman
2/10/2011, 01:05 PM
Vet installed his unit for only one reason (yep, he sent it to me in a PM), but I cain't tell ya what that reason is!!

It does have to do with titties and beer though. :D

Sooner_Bob
2/10/2011, 03:27 PM
Vet installed his unit for only one reason (yep, he sent it to me in a PM), but I cain't tell ya what that reason is!!

It does have to do with titties and beer though. :D

Hillbilly hot tub? :texan:

49r
2/10/2011, 04:17 PM
anyone have any pros or cons ???....i've been thinking about upgrading ......thanks in advance

Don't you mean TANKS in advance??? :D

49r
2/10/2011, 04:18 PM
Or, how about,

"TANKS for nuttin' Danny!"

(bonus points for getting the reference there)

Penguin
2/10/2011, 08:41 PM
i've had both gas and electric versions. They both work great.

Are we still talking about water heaters?

SCOUT
2/10/2011, 09:09 PM
Or, how about,

"TANKS for nuttin' Danny!"

(bonus points for getting the reference there)

Caddyshack

swardboy
2/11/2011, 06:33 AM
I'm tanking about it too.

sooner n houston
2/11/2011, 08:38 AM
I looked into them a couple of years ago. After the research I did, I concluded they were not for me. Most of the web sites I visited, blogs about them, said that they did not deliver a consistent stream of hot water. Most folks complained about fluxuating temps while showering. Not what I want to experience when I take a shower and the wifey would drive me crazy complaining about something like that! So for now no way.