PDA

View Full Version : Proud and happy...

Okla-homey
2/9/2011, 07:41 PM
my good friend won re-election to the Bixby School Board with 76% of the vote. It was somewhat disturbing that the Tulsa County Republican Party ran "their" candidate against my friend who is a local businessman and a lifelong Republican.

The Tulsa County GOP establishment felt my friend was a little doctrinally soft around the edges since he's been known to take moderate positions from time to time.

This kinda of stuff kinda steams me. But for the fact my buddy is not a Tea Party-approved stormtrooper, he had to spend time and money campaigning to deliver a major-league arse-whoopin' on the Tulsa County GOP's picked boy.

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 07:52 PM
my good friend won re-election to the Bixby School Board with 76% of the vote. It was somewhat disturbing that the Tulsa County Republican Party ran "their" candidate against my friend who is a local businessman and a lifelong Republican.

The Tulsa County GOP establishment felt my friend was a little doctrinally soft around the edges since he's been known to take moderate positions from time to time.

This kinda of stuff kinda steams me. But for the fact my buddy is not a Tea Party-approved stormtrooper, he had to spend time and money campaigning to deliver a major-league arse-whoopin' on the Tulsa County GOP's picked boy.

The off-season sucks.

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2011, 07:55 PM
I'm actually quite surprised by this as well. You say it was the official Tulsa County GOP that fronted the opposing candidate and funded him? It's almost unheard of for an official party apparatus to front a candidate against one of their own no matter how liberal they are.

Then again, are the school board races non-partisan? If so, that's entirely different and gives the official party more leeway.

I'm also surprised you would describe the Tulsa GOP as an enclave of Tea Party activists. Granted there wasn't a Tea Party when I was around the Tulsa GOP, but they were certainly your typical establishment/country club Republican types at that time.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 07:57 PM
OKC > TULSA

Okla-homey
2/9/2011, 08:05 PM
Then again, are the school board races non-partisan? If so, that's entirely different and gives the official party more leeway. This was a "non-partisan" race.

I'm also surprised you would describe the Tulsa GOP as an enclave of Tea Party activists. Granted there wasn't a Tea Party when I was around the Tulsa GOP, but they were certainly your typical establishment/country club Republican types at that time.

It's begun to morph right, under the inspired leadership of Sally Bell, whose claim to fame is she presided over her family business, Bell's Amusement Park, and ran it into the ground.

Sooner5030
2/9/2011, 08:11 PM
Not sure which Tea Party group has left folks with the impression that they represent a certain segment of the right. It's more of a libertarian vs. authoritarian thingy.

Also......OKC>Tulsa.

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2011, 08:27 PM
Not sure which Tea Party group has left folks with the impression that they represent a certain segment of the right. It's more of a libertarian vs. authoritarian thingy.
Correct.

Also......OKC>Tulsa.
Wrong.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 10:17 PM
Wrong.

If two people say it, it is true

And dont you have some 9th grade ASB Vice-Presidential campaign to go help prepare for?

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2011, 10:26 PM
If two people say it, it is true

And dont you have some 9th grade ASB Vice-Presidential campaign to go help prepare for?

Not this week.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 10:30 PM
good to knoooooooowwwww!!!!

Leroy Lizard
2/10/2011, 12:09 AM
Any returns coming in on that hotly contested Cimarron County Utilities Commissioner race?

picasso
2/10/2011, 12:42 AM
Don't you mean Hicksby?