PDA

View Full Version : Little Brother has a new OC.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.1430thebuzz.com/pages/pop.html

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy announced today that Todd Monken has been hired as the school’s new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

Monken returns to college football after four years coaching receivers with the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League. He had recently been named quarterbacks coach at Jacksonville for the 2011 season.

“It’s a great opportunity to serve as offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State,” Monken said. “I was there with (former head coach) Les Miles and the program has had tremendous success under Coach Gundy. My family loves Stillwater and I have always enjoyed coaching college football.”

Monken coached receivers at Oklahoma State from 2002 through 2004 and among his pupils was two-time All-American Rashaun Woods. He then headed to Baton Rouge to coach receivers and serve as the passing game coordinator at Louisiana State (2005-2006), before joining Jacksonville.

“Todd is a really good fit for what we need,” Gundy said. “He’s been in the Big 12 and SEC and he’s coached at places that have won at a high level. He’s an experienced, intelligent coach who will be able to come in and help us pick up where we left off. We’re excited to have him join our staff.”

Prior to arriving in Stillwater in 2002, Monken helped direct one of the nation’s top passing attacks while at Louisiana Tech. He coached running backs one year and receivers one year as Tech averaged 313 yards through the air in 2000 and 2001 to rank among the top 10 passing offenses in the country in both seasons.

Monken coached at Eastern Michigan for seven seasons (1993-1999) and served as the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator his final two seasons.

He is a native of Wheaton, Ill., and played quarterback at Knox College while earning a degree in economics. He earned a master’s degree at Grand Valley State, where he began his coaching career (1989-90). He also had a coaching stop (1991-92) at Notre Dame.

Monken and his wife, Terri, have one son: Travis.

KBoomer11
2/9/2011, 05:46 PM
Who?

picasso
2/9/2011, 05:48 PM
Does he sport a skullet?

Jason Alexander
2/9/2011, 05:49 PM
Looks like a good hire, from a distance.

northspeter
strange... considering the offense they ran this year....

MsProudSooner2
So I guess he's the one who taught Woods to push off?

Widescreen
2/9/2011, 06:23 PM
Wait, is this Mike Leach's Nom de Guerre. Cuz he was destined to be the OC in Stoolwater. Just ask any poke fan.

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 07:08 PM
[Horn fans] He's only a three-star hire![/Horn fans]

CowboyMRW
2/9/2011, 07:10 PM
Seems like a solid hire but he's getting trashed on OP.com. There are only a handful defending him.

SoonerMom2
2/9/2011, 07:49 PM
He wasn't the offensive coordinator at those places and worked for Gundy at OSU under Miles. Now Gundy can go back to his winning offense. What do you think Blockmon and Weeden think now about not going pro?

sooneron
2/9/2011, 10:54 PM
My family loves Stillwater...
Well the man is obviously a liar. I'm sure they were jumping for joy moving out of J'ville for stoolwater.

SunnySooner
2/9/2011, 11:10 PM
Yeah, Jax just sucksss....only 68 and SUNNY here today, I had to wear long sleeves with my shorts, brrr, it's really awful. :D

And, hey, God knows the Jags need all the help they can get, bring on the new blood.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 11:24 PM
Well the man is obviously a liar. I'm sure they were jumping for joy moving out of J'ville for stoolwater.

thats what i thought too lol

Tulsa_Fireman
2/9/2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah, Jax just sucksss....only 68 and SUNNY here today, I had to wear long sleeves with my shorts, brrr, it's really awful. :D

That's not sunshine, those are muzzle flashes.

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 10:29 AM

My sister lives in Jax. I have two high school buddies who live there. It's not as far fetched as you might imagine.

cleller
2/10/2011, 02:31 PM
I trolled over to Orange Power, they seem less than excited about him. Some downright uncomplimentary. He apparently bugged out with Les back whenever and did not return his keys to the livestock barn.

CowboyMRW
2/10/2011, 02:56 PM
Thought this would be of interest to yall. We just took away Wilson's RB coach he hired. Jamall Singleton, previously of Air Force Academy is now our RB coach. This is like Wilson's 4th asst. coach to leave on him already

Breadburner
2/10/2011, 03:14 PM
Thought this would be of interest to yall. We just took away Wilson's RB coach he hired. Jamall Singleton, previously of Air Force Academy is now our RB coach. This is like Wilson's 4th asst. coach to leave on him already

Big ****in deal......

stoopified
2/10/2011, 05:05 PM
Not a bad hire for Ostrich Catcher