PDA

View Full Version : Only in Thailand…part 2

Chuck Bao
2/9/2011, 02:25 PM
This **** is crazy. Yeah well, why not try to start a war with Cambodia? Nope was watching Thai TV tonight and said: “you know Thais are some stupid motherf***ers. I’m not saying that but I am appalled. I’m glad that the yellow shirts are being exposed for who they are. Of course, Nope and I are unabashed red shirt supporters.

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/08/6012619-high-farce-at-the-thai-cambodian-border

delhalew
2/9/2011, 02:54 PM
That is surely a conversation were you stay quit and think to yourself, "thank God the Thai dude said it..."

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 03:03 PM
OK, how does Nope say "stupid mother****ers" in Thai? I'm curious, cause the average name of "John" in Thai looks like "Nammarajonnysuhka" or some ****. Is there such a word as mother****er in Thai?

The Profit
2/9/2011, 03:26 PM
OK, how does Nope say "stupid mother****ers" in Thai? I'm curious, cause the average name of "John" in Thai looks like "Nammarajonnysuhka" or some ****. Is there such a word as mother****er in Thai?

Good point. I don't know what the word for marijuana was in Thailand, but the stuff I got in the 70's from there was rock-on, and I know what we called it.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 03:32 PM
Dude...Chuck, I wouldn't advertise being a red shirt...remember what happened to all those red shirts on Star Trek? Yah...that!

Oldnslo
2/9/2011, 03:33 PM
So... we'll just send advisors, right?

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 03:50 PM
Good point. I don't know what the word for marijuana was in Thailand, but the stuff I got in the 70's from there was rock-on, and I know what we called it.

When I was in San Francisco last weekend we got Tom Yum soup at a joint called "Thai Stix." Heh.

Back in the day, Thai and Columbian/Panamanian were the only **** worth smoking. Finally the Mexicans in Oaxaca got it together and then the cali boys started growing some powerful purple-budded sinsemilla. Not long after that I decided to quit the **** and cop a life. It was a good choice...

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 03:53 PM
Dean, I shudder to think of you with dreadlocks and a fu-manchu...smokin a doobie. Now Olevet in that style, that wouldn't have surprised me one bit.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 04:12 PM
Dreadlocks? Dude, I ain't Bob ****ing Marley.

I did wear pot leaf t-shirts, drove a VW Thing, listened to Cheech & Chong, Led Zeppelin I and Deep Purple on 8-track, had hair down to the middle of my back, and had a pretty serious "why is the man always picking on me?" attitude. The back of my Thing had two bumper stickers: "Sit on a happy face" smiley face with a long tongue sticking out and a "Question Authority" on the other side.

I got pulled over pretty much once a week or so and was all indignant about it. Then I quit the ****, cut my hair, cleaned up my act, and all of a sudden the man didn't **** with me anymore. Weird how that **** happens.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 04:15 PM
When I was in San Francisco last weekend we got Tom Yum soup at a joint called "Thai Stix." Heh.

Back in the day, Thai and Columbian/Panamanian were the only **** worth smoking. Finally the Mexicans in Oaxaca got it together and then the cali boys started growing some powerful purple-budded sinsemilla. Not long after that I decided to quit the **** and cop a life. It was a good choice...

It helped me get through school....Had a roommate, whose dad was a deceased US Army General. The guy had plenty of money, and we always had the best stuff-thai stix, maui wowie, oaxacan. The feds screwed us up though on the oaxacan, when they began spraying the fields. Like you, I haven't touched the stuff in 30 years.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 04:16 PM
It helped me get through school....Had a roommate, whose dad was a deceased US Army General. The guy had plenty of money, and we always had the best stuff-thai stix, maui wowie, oaxacan. The feds screwed us up though on the oaxacan, when they began spraying the fields. Like you, I haven't touched the stuff in 30 years.

Oh man, I remember getting that paraquat-sprayed ****. Some dude tried to pawn it off as "yellow bud." The most beautiful bud you ever saw, just yellow. And it did weird **** to you when you smoked it. Yeah, it was a good time to quit.

Chuck Bao
2/9/2011, 04:28 PM

He said it in English. It is probably universal anywhere on this planet - curse words in English that is. I probably wouldn't understand the Thai venacular on curse words. Anyway, I asked him about it. He spouts more expletive words in English and I'm seriously afraid about his mental health.

AlbqSooner
2/9/2011, 09:32 PM
Back in the day, Thai and Columbian/Panamanian were the only **** worth smoking.

Guess you never had any Stillwell tops.

Also, as far as the long hair, tie dyed t-shirts and such, it took a while, but I finally realized that appearance was much more easily achieved by hanging a sign around my neck that said, "Hey COP! Hassle me."

Good times backinaday. Good times

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 09:49 AM
Guess you never had any Stillwell tops.

Also, as far as the long hair, tie dyed t-shirts and such, it took a while, but I finally realized that appearance was much more easily achieved by hanging a sign around my neck that said, "Hey COP! Hassle me."

Good times backinaday. Good times

Stillwell tops? I think you mean loco weed. I smoked some of that **** that used to grow in the bar ditches when I was at my uncle's farm up in Kansas one summer. It harshed my harsh.

On the appearance thing, I work with a guy who is my age. He still has long hair and a big biker stache. He wears biker **** all the time, rides a ratty Harley and always lets his tags/insurance expire and doesn't renew till he gets the next ticket. He's probably had 20 speeding/no insurance/expired tags/no lights/etc. tickets since I've known him. Had a DUI on his motorcycle too. He constantly complains about how unfair his life is. He says "the gd pigs just seem to smell me coming or something, I don't get it." I go "dude, it's like you're wearing a sign that says pull me over with the way you dress and ride." He goes "it ain't fair." I go "wtf does fair have to do with it? The day I cut my hair, shed the stupid bumper stickers, kept my tags/insurance up to date, etc. all of a sudden they didn't smell me coming any more." He goes "I ain't gonna sell out to the man." I go "whatever, just quit bitching about it." Dumbass.

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Chuck, what's the current with the Southern border? Still simmering? I used to drive up from Penang for weekends and was considering a trip back later in the spring.

Chuck Bao
2/10/2011, 12:24 PM
Hey Chuck, what's the current with the Southern border? Still simmering? I used to drive up from Penang for weekends and was considering a trip back later in the spring.

Still simmering is right. We are stuck in the worst of worlds. The Thai military appears to be pulling all the strings and content to allow Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva take all of the blame. I have no clue on whether the elections scheduled for later this year will happen or if there will be another military coup. Keep driving north from the three southern most provinces and go to a resort area and you should be okay.

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 12:37 PM
Bummer, my hangout has typically been Betong in Yala province.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/10/2011, 04:18 PM
I don't think kicking Cambodia's *** is going to help Thailand much in the rankings. They should go to war with Malaysia. A win there would be a major confidence boost as they get into conference play.