PDA

View Full Version : Free Admission to Tonight's OU-Texas Men's Basketball Game

Jay C. Upchurch
2/9/2011, 11:46 AM
NORMAN -- Due to the winter storm that arrived overnight, admission to today's 8 p.m. Oklahoma-Texas men's basketball game at Lloyd Noble Center will be free. Here are details on the game:

FREE ADMISSION
All fans will be admitted free of charge (doors open at 6:30 p.m. for everyone). However, season ticket holders and other fans who purchased tickets for the game in advance will have first right to occupy their reserved seat locations. For those without tickets, all seats not occupied by the season ticket holder or by fans who purchased tickets in advance will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

PARKING
Parking lots on all sides of Lloyd Noble Center are expected to be open. Bud Wilkinson Society reserved parking will be available in the south lot per usual.

CHEER LIKE A CHAMPION NIGHT
Today’s game still marks "Cheer Like a Champion Night." All fans will receive a free T-shirt to wear to "white out" Lloyd Noble Center.

SAM BRADFORD RECOGNITION
Former OU quarterback Sam Bradford, recently named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, will attend the game and be recognized on the court at halftime. The first 5,000 fans through the doors will receive a commemorative Bradford poster, and randomly selected fans will win autographed Bradford merchandise.

OU SID Report

Ton Loc
2/9/2011, 05:55 PM
In.

I didn't get to the last game, but I'm coming tonight.

Boomer.....
2/10/2011, 08:38 AM
Great crowd but the team never had a chance.

Vernon Parrington
2/10/2011, 10:18 AM
What did the posters look like?

Boomer.....
2/10/2011, 11:31 AM
They had different action shots of Sam while he was at OU. Pretty cool!

AZSOONER
2/10/2011, 06:44 PM
The pros and cons of a free game. Pro, got in free, got free t shirts and posters, sat in great seats. Con. season ticket holders showed up 1 min. before tip off, and there was no where else to sit. Ended up watching 1st quarter from the walkway then leaving.

jumperstop
2/10/2011, 08:54 PM
The pros and cons of a free game. Pro, got in free, got free t shirts and posters, sat in great seats. Con. season ticket holders showed up 1 min. before tip off, and there was no where else to sit. Ended up watching 1st quarter from the walkway then leaving.

Exactly why I didn't go, I knew that would happen. Don't feel so bad passing up free tickets then.

Soonerite
2/10/2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah I have student season tickets and have been to every game this year but missed out on sitting in the student section for this one since I had quite a bit of trouble getting my tiny Honda civic to dislodge from a snow drift and a ****load of students made their first appearance of the year. Got there late and had to stand up top. But I guess it was kinda worth it to see the LNC filled to capacity like that and the crowd into the game for a while. I really miss that scene.