PDA

View Full Version : How will Blake be marketed?

Rocko
2/9/2011, 03:43 AM
Obviously Blake Griffin is the next poster child of the NBA. It has been said countless times as people watch what he does on the court, "I have never seen that before."

So what image does he pick up? Be it from whoever sponsors him, or from the media.

Hopefully, and this is down the road, he gains the type of image MJ had. Just a straight baller. None of this Lebron crap, with the premature MJ comparos.

yankee
2/9/2011, 03:57 AM
If they're smart, they'll take advantage of his quiet, sarcastic humor...That stuff sells.

Oh yeah, and his dunking abilities should sell...

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2011, 09:29 AM
both him and Sammy..will end up being the faces of their respective sports...I have a feeling...

cjames317
2/9/2011, 04:54 PM
Good story about Blake in last week's SI. NBA veterans say that he's got game and he works like MJ and Bird. The stories from dunkees and witnesses are pretty funny.

ouleaf
2/10/2011, 02:33 PM
Not sure if Blake will ever be compared to the likes of MJ, but I'm perfectly fine with the comparisons to Malone and Wilkins. They are already doing a good job of giving him the different nicknames like "The Blake Show", "Blake Superior", etc.

He'll get more endorsements soon for sure as his popularity rises. A big launching point will be how he performs the All-Star weekend in both the game and the Dunk Contest. His agent/marketing team's phone should be ringing off the hook the following week. It'll be important to choose the correct companies to work with.

Blake could use a bit more polishing in the way of media coaching and just be a bit more personable. That will also help his marketability.

badger
2/10/2011, 02:37 PM
SI is reporting the other side of Blake Griffin's dunks, for you see everytime BG dunks, there is a dunk victim.

Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1181474/1/index.htm)

Nike could turn this into an ad campaign, shadowy figure recall the trauma of getting dunked on by Blake :D