PDA

View Full Version : OKLA Top 30 HS footballers for 2012

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2011, 01:54 AM
Might wanna sticky this?: http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2845

rush4life
2/9/2011, 10:26 AM
Shepard should be ahead of Sanders

texaspokieokie
2/9/2011, 11:02 AM
HH has 3 in top 30.

rush4life
2/9/2011, 11:30 AM
HH has 3 in top 30.

Could easily be 4. Markus Wakefield is s hell of a player too.

Saul Good
2/13/2011, 12:45 PM
Of these, how many (and who) have offers from OU?

rush4life
2/14/2011, 06:48 PM
Of these, how many (and who) have offers from OU?

Ross and Shepard are the only in state offers thus far.

2/14/2011, 06:51 PM
I would love the Sanders kid to come to OU, if only to hear/see the resulting hullabaloo!

rush4life
2/14/2011, 07:02 PM
I would love the Sanders kid to come to OU, if only to hear/see the resulting hullabaloo!

LMAO would be nice. But Sanders has as much of a chance going to OU as Shepard going to OSU.

2/14/2011, 07:47 PM
LMAO would be nice. But Sanders has as much of a chance going to OU as Shepard going to OSU.I read somewhere, some time ago, that Barry senior's dad was an OU fan.

rush4life
2/14/2011, 08:00 PM
I read somewhere, some time ago, that Barry senior's dad was an OU fan.

Really?? Well Barry Sr wanted to come to OU but they never offered..SMH... I would love for him and Shep to be sooners but OU isn't even on Sanders list last time I checked. That could change.

2/14/2011, 08:50 PM
Really?? Well Barry Sr wanted to come to OU but they never offered..SMH... I would love for him and Shep to be sooners but OU isn't even on Sanders list last time I checked. That could change.You'd have to feel sorry for pore old T-Bone if it happened...wouldn't ya?

sooner94
2/14/2011, 09:10 PM
You'd have to feel sorry for pore old T-Bone if it happened...wouldn't ya?

I think Sanders Jr going to OU might make him park the car in the garage and run a hose from the tailpipe into the car.

Dwight
2/15/2011, 08:18 AM
Cole Swayze

oudavid1
2/15/2011, 10:19 AM
Everyone knows about OSU seeing Barry Sanders Sr's highschool tape and never sending it anywhere else so thats why no one else offered him right?

Mad Dog Madsen
2/15/2011, 10:51 AM
IMHO I think Kason Key (QB from Owasso) will surprise a few people by the end of his Sr. year and pick up some nice offers. He may even move into the top 10.

oudavid1
2/15/2011, 10:55 AM
IMHO I think Kason Key (QB from Owasso) will surprise a few people by the end of his Sr. year and pick up some nice offers. He may even move into the top 10.

he is the first kid i really stopped and looked at.

texaspokieokie
2/15/2011, 11:36 AM
Everyone knows about OSU seeing Barry Sanders Sr's highschool tape and never sending it anywhere else so thats why no one else offered him right?

OU was aware of Barry; & from what i heard, thot he was to small. (about 165)
that's what i've heard.

rush4life
2/15/2011, 02:34 PM
OU was aware of Barry; & from what i heard, thot he was to small. (about 165)
that's what i've heard.

^ This.... Barry liked OU. He just didn't get offered. Wasn't that Barry Sr's only interest was OSU. They were the ones who gave him a shot. You're right too OUDavid1. Was the best move OSU ever made. Basically if OU would have offered, he would have been wearing #21 at OU.

2/15/2011, 04:07 PM
^ This.... Barry liked OU. He just didn't get offered. Wasn't that Barry Sr's only interest was OSU. They were the ones who gave him a shot. You're right too OUDavid1. Was the best move OSU ever made. Basically if OU would have offered, he would have been wearing #21 at OU.I don't remember orange ag ever beating us when Barry sr. played for them. What years did he play there? http://www.gnextinc.com/ou/ou_osu_bedlam.html

texaspokieokie
2/15/2011, 04:22 PM
he played 86,87 & 88. left a year early.
86 & 87 ,thurman thomas was the starter, except he was hurt some & then barry would start.

had spectacular season in 88.

rush4life
2/15/2011, 05:01 PM
I don't remember orange ag ever beating us when Barry sr. played for them. What years did he play there? http://www.gnextinc.com/ou/ou_osu_OU-OSU.html

They didn't beat us... but still would have been nice to have had him as a sooner.

Salt City Sooner
2/15/2011, 05:42 PM
Sanders + Gaddis in the same backfield = flat out unfair.

rush4life
2/15/2011, 07:23 PM
Sanders + Gaddis in the same backfield = flat out unfair.

EEEEWWWWW.... HOLY S**T!!! I GOT EXCITED THINKING ABOUT IT!

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 08:29 AM
in same wishbone backfield with Gaddia, Sanders wouldn't have had the fantastic season that he had with osu in 88. Gaddis would've gotten some of his carries, & the OU offense wouldn't have had the balance that osu had.
osu had excellent receivers & a superior blocking fullback.
of course, JMHO !!

no one can really say how it would've worked out.

rush4life
2/16/2011, 11:02 AM
in same wishbone backfield with Gaddia, Sanders wouldn't have had the fantastic season that he had with osu in 88. Gaddis would've gotten some of his carries, & the OU offense wouldn't have had the balance that osu had.
osu had excellent receivers & a superior blocking fullback.
of course, JMHO !!

no one can really say how it would've worked out.

Sanders would have been one of thoe backs at OU that Switzer would have made him the feature back. Gaddis would get his carries but Sanders would be the main man carrying the mail.

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 12:06 PM
Sanders would have been one of thoe backs at OU that Switzer would have made him the feature back. Gaddis would get his carries but Sanders would be the main man carrying the mail.

i agree, but i wouldn't change what i said. before he got hurt, Gaddis was a spectacular back, along with Sanders. Don't see barry getting enuff carries to amass 2600 yards(over 2800 if you count the bowl game).

osu had a terrific offense in 88. along with barry,hart lee dykes & others,
the offensive line was all seniors, some 5th year.also mike gundy.

2/16/2011, 12:54 PM
i agree, but i wouldn't change what i said. before he got hurt, Gaddis was a spectacular back, along with Sanders. Don't see barry getting enuff carries to amass 2600 yards(over 2800 if you count the bowl game).

the offensive line was all seniors, some 5th year.also mike gundy.They weren't "Sooner good", however. poor ag!

rush4life
2/16/2011, 03:23 PM

the offensive line was all seniors, some 5th year.also mike gundy.

I wouldn't disagree with you.... Barry split carries with Thurman so he would have done the same with Gaddis. Gaddis is high on my list of all time OU RBs (My top 5 list may cause a debate but thats a different post). If i'm not mistaken I think Gaddis got hurt in 87. Which means Sanders would have def been the feature back. Not saying he would have had 2600-2800 yards, but could have def composed a heisman campaign don't you think?

rush4life
2/16/2011, 03:31 PM
Just for giggles my top 5 OU rb's in this order:
1) Adrian Peterson
2) Billy Sims
3) Joe Washington
4) Greg Pruitt
5) Mike Gaddis

hate to leave Steve Owens off but its JMO.

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 03:53 PM
They weren't "Sooner good", however. poor ag!

osu offense in 88 was "Sooner Good".

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't disagree with you.... Barry split carries with Thurman so he would have done the same with Gaddis. Gaddis is high on my list of all time OU RBs (My top 5 list may cause a debate but thats a different post). If i'm not mistaken I think Gaddis got hurt in 87. Which means Sanders would have def been the feature back. Not saying he would have had 2600-2800 yards, but could have def composed a heisman campaign don't you think?

yep, probably so.

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 03:56 PM
Just for giggles my top 5 OU rb's in this order:
1) Adrian Peterson
2) Billy Sims
3) Joe Washington
4) Greg Pruitt
5) Mike Gaddis

hate to leave Steve Owens off but its JMO.

Good list !!!

he came along too soon & probably wouldn't want to be one, but can you imagine Steve Owens as a wishbone fullback when Mildren was a senior ??

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 03:58 PM

i don't remember, but Barry mostly only played when thurman thomas was hurt. TT was also "all-american" & "all-pro, later.

rush4life
2/16/2011, 05:18 PM
i don't remember, but Barry mostly only played when thurman thomas was hurt. TT was also "all-american" & "all-pro, later.

for sure... Some say TT was a better college rb than BS. Both had great pro careers. TT was always the more complete back.

texaspokieokie
2/16/2011, 05:22 PM
for sure... Some say TT was a better college rb than BS. Both had great pro careers. TT was always the more complete back.

if i remember rite, TT was a great receiver out of the back field.
BS & TT once made "All-Pro" the same season.

rush4life
2/16/2011, 06:06 PM
if i remember rite, TT was a great receiver out of the back field.
BS & TT once made "All-Pro" the same season.

This is true... TT was also a great blocker. Protected Jim Kelly for years. Not saying BS couldn't block and receiver, they just didn't ask him to do it much.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2011, 07:42 PM
Gaddis went down in the '89 RRS.He put up 274 on OSU (still an Owen Field best) the week before.

rush4life
2/16/2011, 07:52 PM
Gaddis went down in the '89 RRS.He put up 274 on OSU (still an Owen Field best) the week before.

Thanks for that... Was Sanders Older than Gaddis?

2/16/2011, 08:15 PM
osu offense in 88 was "Sooner Good".You dint!...who won the game?haha

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks for that... Was Sanders Older than Gaddis?
Yes. Sanders was a Jr. in '88. Gaddis' Sr. year ( & statistically his best even though he was going on that rebuilt knee) was '91, the year we popped Virginia in the Gator Bowl. He was nowhere near what he was before the knee gave out, but he still had a 1,300+ yd. season.

picasso
2/17/2011, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't disagree with you.... Barry split carries with Thurman so he would have done the same with Gaddis.

Sanders was basically a kick returner until Thurman left.

texaspokieokie
2/17/2011, 08:24 AM
You dint!...who won the game?haha

JMHO OU had better defense.
osu had better offense.

texaspokieokie
2/17/2011, 08:25 AM
Sanders was basically a kick returner until Thurman left.

he played some, when tt was hurt.

picasso
2/17/2011, 11:10 AM
he played some, when tt was hurt.

Some. I never recall him splitting carries with Thurman.

Caboose
2/17/2011, 06:14 PM
Gaddis is one of my all time favorite Sooners. I remember feeling crashed when he went down vs Texas... especially considering he was on pace to rush for like 450 yards against them. He had a very aesthetically pleasing running style. He seemed to just glide along the turf as though he were on rollerskates. I think he would have been a frontrunner for the Heisman in 89 had he not gotten injured and we had rolled Texas as we were on pace to do.

Hard to say what would happen with Gaddis and Sanders in the same backfield.

texaspokieokie
2/17/2011, 06:48 PM
Some. I never recall him splitting carries with Thurman.

me neither, but i really wasn't much aware of sanders until 88.

rush4life
2/17/2011, 06:59 PM
So who is the best player on this HS top 30 list? I'm going with Shepard. Watched every game and kids is electric on both sides of the ball.

2/18/2011, 12:35 AM
So who is the best player on this HS top 30 list? I'm going with Shepard. Watched every game and kids is electric on both sides of the ball.I am ever-so-slightly chagrinned that he hasn't committed, yet. Wonder if there is a problem.

rush4life
2/18/2011, 03:49 PM
I am ever-so-slightly chagrinned that he hasn't committed, yet. Wonder if there is a problem.

No problem, just wants to take the visits. Can't blame him for that.

2/18/2011, 04:17 PM
No problem, just wants to take the visits. Can't blame him for that.Hope he's made an "unofficial" committment. If not, we should keep on looking for another RB, or athlete, or whatever category he's in.

rush4life
2/18/2011, 04:40 PM
Hope he's made an "unofficial" committment. If not, we should keep on looking for another RB, or athlete, or whatever category he's in.

Anyone who knows him would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't end up a sooner. With that being said the kid deserves to take the 5 trips if he wants to. It's a reward for all the hard work he's put in. At the end of the day I feel Shepard will be a sooner like his dad and uncles IMO.

rush4life
2/19/2011, 07:20 PM
NICE HIGHLIGHT REEL OF SHEP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUQ8wbciO8&feature=related