PDA

View Full Version : LEFT GOES APE OVER REAGAN 100TH

soonercruiser
2/8/2011, 11:56 PM
Seems like the "Left" is going crazy over all the media coverage about Ronnie Reagan's 100th birthday celebration.

They and Obama are even somehow claiming Regan as their own!
I could have sworn he was conservative, and Repubican.
So, it would seem only fitting that conservatives would use attention given to Reagan for their own political purposes! Duh!
Ronnie Raygun sure as he11 wasn't a Demoncrat, liberal, or regressive, Andrea!

Andrea Mitchell: GOP ‘Trying to Appropriate Ronald Reagan’
In attempting to praise Ronald Reagan and his legacy, NBC’s Andrea Mitchell ruffled the feathers of conservative columnist Peggy Noonan on Meet the Press when Mitchell claimed Republicans are “trying to appropriate Ronald Reagan for their own political purposes now.”

I guess if you are Andrea Mitchell, it’s ok for Obama to appropriate Reagan for his own political purposes, but not for Republicans to do the same.
http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2011/02/06/andrea-mitchell-gop-trying-to-appropriate-ronald-reagan/

Reagan Kids Reject GOP Heirs to Father's Conservative Legacy
Would Ronald Reagan Support the Tea Party? His Children Disagree
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ronald-reagan-children-sarah-palin-tea-party-conservative/story?id=12860751

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html

yermom
2/9/2011, 12:04 AM
i figured you guys would like the article from the OU Daily today:

http://www.oudaily.com/news/2011/feb/06/column-gipper-leaves-shameful-legacy/

Boarder
2/9/2011, 12:38 AM

Travis is quite a character. (the author)

You'd love his opinion piece on how heterosexual butt secks is the only appropriate sexual contact between college age kids. Complete with instructions.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/9/2011, 12:51 AM
Reagan had a skill of pacifying these leftist adversaries.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/7/W/6/reagan_bonzo.jpg

sooner59
2/9/2011, 01:20 AM
I wrote a 10 page paper on "Reaganomics" in my grad class in Forecasting and Budgeting. While I think the wacko at the OU Daily went overboard, the spending under Reagan started a trend that got the national debt out of hand. The Iran-Contra thing was definitely a black eye. He had some wins and some losses in international affairs. Trickle-down economics is good in theory....but the theory didn't exactly play out as hoped.

And actually, soonercruiser, Reagan was a known Democrat until he entered politics after his acting career. Interesting tidbit.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 08:23 AM
And actually, soonercruiser, Reagan was a known Democrat until he pulled his head out of his rectum after his acting career. Interesting tidbit.

Just like me.

Turd_Ferguson
2/9/2011, 08:53 AM
And actually, soonercruiser, Reagan was a known Democrat until he entered politics after his acting career. Interesting tidbit.Most actors believe they're Democrats...some just find their balls sooner than others...

StoopTroup
2/9/2011, 09:15 AM
Ronnie would have used the Patriot Act and outed all of you Tea Party Terrorists.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 09:41 AM
Ronnie would have used the Patriot Act and outed all of you Tea Party Terrorists.

I'll send a group of them over to your place. They will take the day off work, stand there smiling and drinking coffee. They will wave flags and discuss solutions to our out of control government. You will be well and truly terrorized...you just wait.:)

soonerscuba
2/9/2011, 09:45 AM
discuss solutions to our out of control government.I laughed ;)

3rdgensooner
2/9/2011, 09:59 AM
ooh ooh aah aah

King Crimson
2/9/2011, 10:35 AM
festival of stupidity here.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 10:37 AM
Well now there is.

King Crimson
2/9/2011, 10:38 AM
oooohhhhh.

ouwasp
2/9/2011, 10:42 AM
to hell with Pinkos... or at least "to North Korea"

King Crimson
2/9/2011, 10:45 AM
knocking the **** out of Granada and MTV made me feel great to be an American.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 12:03 PM
It's "Grenada" and we didn't "knock the **** out of them."

We helped install a government and the people there are so thankful that they proclaim October 25 as "Thanksgiving Day" in honor of the invasion.

Also, he obviously sucked at "knocking the **** outta MTV" cause that **** is still on.

You were never in the military (I'm assuming) so you wouldn't understand what Reagan did for us. I know, you're a professor and you hate war, blah, blah, blah. Military folks respect the hell outta Reagan.

47straight
2/9/2011, 12:11 PM
festival of stupidity here.

Well of course, you're there.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 12:16 PM
I wrote a 10 page paper on "Reaganomics" in my grad class in Forecasting and Budgeting. While I think the wacko at the OU Daily went overboard, the spending under Reagan started a trend that got the national debt out of hand. The Iran-Contra thing was definitely a black eye. He had some wins and some losses in international affairs. Trickle-down economics is good in theory....but the theory didn't exactly play out as hoped.

And actually, soonercruiser, Reagan was a known Democrat until he entered politics after his acting career. Interesting tidbit.

Many Conservatives are Liberals/Progressives that finally grew up and began dealing in reality.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 12:36 PM
Hey, my fellow progressives (if there are any others in here), lay off of Reagan. He wasn't so bad. He doesn't deserve a spot on Mt. Rushmore or anything like that, but he did some great things while in office. He kept the price of oil down in the dirt to starve the Soviet Union (of course it starved Okies for a while, too), he brought back American confidence. He put huge smiles on the faces of the Military Industrial Complex (although military pay was not necessarily increased), and he managed to keep John Birchers from influencing his administration.

Unlike many of the nut jobs in that gaggle of contenders, who will seek the gop nomination for president, Reagan was a star. He was a leader for all Americans.

ouwasp
2/9/2011, 12:42 PM
I like this Churchill quote:

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain."

But I've been pretty much conservative my whole life. I know this... I was ashamed to have Carter as a president. President Reagan made me feel proud again. The argument could be made W has had the same "Carter Effect" on the young folks of today :O .

But, for all his faults, Ronald Reagan will always be special to me.

Eielson
2/9/2011, 12:47 PM
I'd rather have a brain than a heart.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 12:54 PM
So sayeth the scarecrow.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 12:57 PM

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain."

But I've been pretty much conservative my whole life. I know this... I was ashamed to have Carter as a president. President Reagan made me feel proud again. The argument could be made W has had the same "Carter Effect" on the young folks of today :O .

But, for all his faults, Ronald Reagan will always be special to me.

Just one more reason why Obama wanted to get that bust of Churchill the hell out of the White House. Nevermind that it was a gift in the days after 911. Those Bits were mean to his Kenyan forefathers:(

soonerscuba
2/9/2011, 12:58 PM

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain."A) Winston Churchill was a MP at 25 under the conservative party, and B) this turn of phrase was used well before him.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 12:59 PM
I always wondered how Churchill got credit for that one.

ouwasp
2/9/2011, 01:00 PM
So what?

Like JFK never paraphrased anything?

soonerscuba
2/9/2011, 01:03 PM
So what?

Like JFK never paraphrased anything?You don't think it would be weird hearing about JFK's reformation from conservatism in his youth? Normally I don't hound quotes, but placing that one on Churchill always seemed really odd to me given his personal political history.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/9/2011, 01:39 PM

Nice article. For the RLIMCs on the left pollution and homelessness have only occured during Republican administrations:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:49 PM
Reagan had a skill of pacifying these leftist adversaries.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/7/W/6/reagan_bonzo.jpg

:D :D :D

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:51 PM

Yes, some people are smart enough to see the error of their past "ways"!

And "tricle down" .....beats "trickle up poverty" any day!

ouwasp
2/9/2011, 01:52 PM
Well, I'm sorry I injected the Churchill quote into the thread. It just seemed to reflect the qualities that President Reagan tried to promote, imo.

And the thread is about President Reagan. Sorry for any derailment.

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:52 PM
Just like me.

Nice correction Dean!
:eek:

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:55 PM
knocking the **** out of Granada and MTV made me feel great to be an American.

The (American citizen) students who were at risk, appreciated the effort.
So, did the Iranian Embassy hostages.
:pop:

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:57 PM
DANG! Is it groundhog day all over again!
I agree!
(I will add to your reputation - even though you probably don't want me to.)

MR2-Sooner86
2/9/2011, 01:58 PM
Just one more reason why Obama wanted to get that bust of Churchill the hell out of the White House. Nevermind that it was a gift in the days after 911. Those Bits were mean to his Kenyan forefathers:(

Shhhh we don't talk about that. Dear Leader knew what he was doing.

sooner59
2/9/2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, some people are smart enough to see the error of their past "ways"!

And "tricle down" .....beats "trickle up poverty" any day!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pro-"trickle up". Just noting that compared to what the Reagan administration thought would happen, it didn't really materialize as hoped.

And one thing that I love about Reagan is that he flipped parties. Most people grow up around a family that is either staunch Dem or staunch Pub, and they adopt it and stick with it their entire life. It gives me hope in humanity when a person can take a look at their current and past political alliances and re-evaluate their stance. I'll never fault someone for switching parties. It just shows that you are using your brain.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 02:07 PM

I and the rest of us here would probably be a lot more impressed if you hadnt gotten a "D" on that paper.

But I like your effort!!!

sooner59
2/9/2011, 02:09 PM
Heh. Got an A on the paper and an A in the class. Nice try though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2011, 02:09 PM
the RLIMCs on the left Nevah happen, bubba. You're going the moral equivalence route, and it's a FAIL.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 02:11 PM
Heh. Got an A on the paper and an A in the class. Nice try though.

Now I know you're lying. I would have believed a B, possibly even B+, but now you are just going too far over the top.

King Crimson
2/9/2011, 02:18 PM
It's "Grenada" and we didn't "knock the **** out of them."

We helped install a government and the people there are so thankful that they proclaim October 25 as "Thanksgiving Day" in honor of the invasion.

Also, he obviously sucked at "knocking the **** outta MTV" cause that **** is still on.

You were never in the military (I'm assuming) so you wouldn't understand what Reagan did for us. I know, you're a professor and you hate war, blah, blah, blah. Military folks respect the hell outta Reagan.

the people were so grateful...and Americans were proud again to listen to the Outfield and forgive Ollie North.....how many times......i have not been in the "military" so i apparently lack the access to truth you guys do....but my granddad had a Purple Heart and and Air Corps Medal of Honor....my dad was a Green Beret. it suits you to stereotype me so you don't have the labor of actual thought....i'm a prof and live in Boulder....etc.

so, basically, if the "you don't know military" and "the military is realism" is all you got.....

Reagan increased military spending by a lot....so i applaud your appreciation of yourself less than your philosophy of the "good society".

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 02:59 PM
the people were so grateful...and Americans were proud again to listen to the Outfield and forgive Ollie North.....how many times......i have not been in the "military" so i apparently lack the access to truth you guys do....but my granddad had a Purple Heart and and Air Corps Medal of Honor....my dad was a Green Beret. it suits you to stereotype me so you don't have the labor of actual thought....i'm a prof and live in Boulder....etc.

so, basically, if the "you don't know military" and "the military is realism" is all you got.....

Reagan increased military spending by a lot....so i applaud your appreciation of yourself less than your philosophy of the "good society".

Same song, same dance every time ain't it comrade? You make a stupid statement, I called you on it. You go off on the same tired tangent.

Yes, I included the stereotypical college prof deal but you ****ing asked for it. Don't ask for it, and you won't get it. Seems pretty simple to me. Also, we ain't talking about your grandad or your pops here. We're talking about you lambasting Reagan for Grenada, not your dad.

I know a lot of ****birds who had great parents and grandparents, and vice versa. I don't even know what you're trying to say with that whole thing. And finally, a strong US military IS required for the "good society."

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 03:04 PM
DEAN IN A THIRD ROUND KNOCKOUT!!!!

delhalew
2/9/2011, 03:07 PM
DEAN IN A THIRD ROUND KNOCKOUT!!!!

Swatting MFers like flies.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 03:14 PM
I thought Dean's comments were on-target. I have never really understood why a parent or grandparent's military commitment has anything to do with your own.

I do wonder this, though. Dean has the verbal skills to hold his own against anyone. Does he really need cheerleaders tagging behind him or sitting in a peanut gallery, to declare him the victor? I don't think so.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 03:28 PM
I thought Dean's comments were on-target. I have never really understood why a parent or grandparent's military commitment has anything to do with your own.

I do wonder this, though. Dean has the verbal skills to hold his own against anyone. Does he really need cheerleaders tagging behind him or sitting in a peanut gallery, to declare him the victor? I don't think so.

Cause they feel like it gives them the right to comment how my career is going along and why my job is no longer relevant and why I'm a baby killing machine. No, I'm not talking about you KC, I'm just being generic...cause I've heard all that bull**** and I've only been in 4 1/2 years...

How bout this...my paternal grandfather flew B-25's in WWII...my maternal grandfather was a Navy cook in Rhode Island during WWII...my maternal grandmother was a Navy nurse at Bathesda during WWII (one of her patients was Cordell Hull)...my mother was an Air Force maintenance officer for 14 years...my father was Air Force maintenance enlisted/officer for 22 years...my older brother was Air Force maintenance enlisted for 6 years. NONE OF THAT gives me the right to start criticizing or gives me a platform to amply talk about military matters...what gives me, Dean, Olevet, Homey, Flag, etc. the credibility to discuss these issues is the fact that we decided to serve (or were drafted to serve in the case of some). For us, there has been no greater honor in our lives than to serve our nation...and it really chaps our asses when folks who quote family history, but have no REAL insight of their own, act like they have every right to come in and criticize what we have done/are doing for our country...and how others' decisions as C in C have affected our profession.

Rant over.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 03:37 PM
Cause they feel like it gives them the right to comment how my career is going along and why my job is no longer relevant and why I'm a baby killing machine. No, I'm not talking about you KC, I'm just being generic...cause I've heard all that bull**** and I've only been in 4 1/2 years...

How bout this...my paternal grandfather flew B-25's in WWII...my maternal grandfather was a Navy cook in Rhode Island during WWII...my maternal grandmother was a Navy nurse at Bathesda during WWII (one of her patients was Cordell Hull)...my mother was an Air Force maintenance officer for 14 years...my father was Air Force maintenance enlisted/officer for 22 years...my older brother was Air Force maintenance enlisted for 6 years. NONE OF THAT gives me the right to start criticizing or gives me a platform to amply talk about military matters...what gives me, Dean, Olevet, Homey, Flag, etc. the credibility to discuss these issues is the fact that we decided to serve (or were drafted to serve in the case of some). For us, there has been no greater honor in our lives than to serve our nation...and it really chaps our asses when folks who quote family history, but have no REAL insight of their own, act like they have every right to come in and criticize what we have done/are doing for our country...and how others' decisions as C in C have affected our profession.

Rant over.

I am thinking I would have left out the part about gramps being a frigging cook. The part about grams taking care of Cordell Hull was cool, though.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 03:45 PM
Reagan understood that if people and corporations had long term income, they would be more willing to spend it. That is why tax rates went from 70+ on corporations down to the 20's. They spent more on employees, etc which then gave the American people some dough to spend. Then the permanent tax reduction on Americans let them know they would have long term income and they spent.

Look at the short term tax breaks now. Are we spending that money? Heck no, people are saving it or paying off debt.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 03:45 PM
I am thinking I would have left out the part about gramps being a frigging cook. The part about grams taking care of Cordell Hull was cool, though.

Hey...he was Sicilian...besides whacking people, that's their other specialty. ;)

OUthunder
2/9/2011, 03:47 PM

:rolleyes:

jkjsooner
2/9/2011, 03:58 PM

That's a mighty broad brush your painting with. I'm sorry people said those things to you. It has little to do with anything that is debated on SO.

NONE OF THAT gives me the right to start criticizing or gives me a platform to amply talk about military matters...what gives me, Dean, Olevet, Homey, Flag, etc. the credibility to discuss these issues is the fact that we decided to serve (or were drafted to serve in the case of some).

I've got no problem with you displaying the credibility that you have earned. I do have a problem with some who state that only vets are allowed to have opinions on military matters. It's unfair to simply dismiss someone because they have not served in the military. We don't do the same when we're talking about other public professions - police, fire, etc.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 04:01 PM
You have the right to comment. You do NOT have the right to bash.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 04:03 PM
Actually JK, the majority of it has been from crap said by folks on the SO.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 04:07 PM
Hey...he was Sicilian...besides whacking people, that's their other specialty. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. Hey, as long as he could make meatballs, that is good enough for me. Can't get a good meatball in the entire OKC area.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 04:08 PM
Benvenuttis in Norman has decent ones...

The Profit
2/9/2011, 04:10 PM
Benvenuttis in Norman has decent ones...

Thanks for the tip....Where in Norman? The ones at Othellos suck.

jkjsooner
2/9/2011, 04:13 PM
Reagan understood that if people and corporations had long term income, they would be more willing to spend it. That is why tax rates went from 70+ on corporations down to the 20's. They spent more on employees, etc which then gave the American people some dough to spend. Then the permanent tax reduction on Americans let them know they would have long term income and they spent.

Look at the short term tax breaks now. Are we spending that money? Heck no, people are saving it or paying off debt.

I understand that high taxes are a drag on the economy. I get that. However, we've seen an extreme widening of the gap between the super rich and the middle class and I believe it started in the Reagan years. I think we have gone a little too far.

One thing I really don't get is the capital gains tax rates. A lot of the very rich get almost all of their income via capital gains. These people pay a lower tax rate than you or I. It is an extremely regressive structure. This is not due to their sophisticated accountants. It's pretty simple really.

Right now Bill Gates is paying 15% long-term capital gains and dividend taxes. Most of us are paying well above that rate.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 04:14 PM
Where Interurban used to be right across from where Denco's used to be.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 04:15 PM
Right now Bill Gates is paying 15% long-term capital gains and dividend taxes. Most of us are paying well above that rate.

Well quit complaining, stop slacking, and make Bill Gates money. DOH.:texan:

The Profit
2/9/2011, 04:16 PM
Where Interurban used to be right across from where Denco's used to be.

Just reading that makes my stomach hurt.

jkjsooner
2/9/2011, 04:25 PM
You have the right to comment. You do NOT have the right to bash.

It depends on how you "bash." Criticizing military policy is a part of a well functioning democracy. Criticizing a soldier is not.

We're quick to criticize local or federal police forces when they abuse their power and most of us have not served in either capacity.

The military as an organization should not be immune to criticism.

I understand the frustration our military folks experience when dealing with people who just don't get how difficult their job is. It's the same type of frustration local law enforcement officers face as well.

jkjsooner
2/9/2011, 04:34 PM
Well quit complaining, stop slacking, and make Bill Gates money. DOH.:texan:

Other than the simple fairness aspect, we have a huge budget deficit that won't be solved by cutting spending alone. We need to cut spending. There is no doubt about that, but that will not be enough.

We lowered the long term capital gains and dividends rates due to the early 2000's recession. That made sense for a time as we needed to give the economy a shot in the arm and running a deficit is generally acceptable during a recession but they should have been rolled back and should be rolled back once this latest recession is over.

Edit: I'd be all for subtracting out the year's inflation rate from capital gains prior to calculating the taxes.

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 07:12 PM

Rant over.

RANT CONTINUED...

Or, for some liberal name-callers to point out that we "lifers" are now only sucking off the govment tit! :rolleyes:
Rant on!

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 07:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not pro-"trickle up". Just noting that compared to what the Reagan administration thought would happen, it didn't really materialize as hoped.

And one thing that I love about Reagan is that he flipped parties. Most people grow up around a family that is either staunch Dem or staunch Pub, and they adopt it and stick with it their entire life. It gives me hope in humanity when a person can take a look at their current and past political alliances and re-evaluate their stance. I'll never fault someone for switching parties. It just shows that you are using your brain.

Reagan's tax policies for the so-called rich and businesses is the gasoline that was poured on the fire of the technology boom and peace dividend during the Clinton years!

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 07:27 PM
I understand that high taxes are a drag on the economy. I get that. .

Not for the 47% of Americans that dont pay them it isnt......

soonercoop1
2/9/2011, 07:45 PM
Seems like the "Left" is going crazy over all the media coverage about Ronnie Reagan's 100th birthday celebration.

They and Obama are even somehow claiming Regan as their own!
I could have sworn he was conservative, and Repubican.
So, it would seem only fitting that conservatives would use attention given to Reagan for their own political purposes! Duh!
Ronnie Raygun sure as he11 wasn't a Demoncrat, liberal, or regressive, Andrea!

Reagan Kids Reject GOP Heirs to Father's Conservative Legacy
Would Ronald Reagan Support the Tea Party? His Children Disagree
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ronald-reagan-children-sarah-palin-tea-party-conservative/story?id=12860751

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html

You know the liberal/progressives have to rebrand themselves every few years because most intelligent Americans aren't buying what they're selling...ever

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2011, 07:49 PM
Where Interurban used to be right across from where Denco's used to be.Did you ever experience the ORIGINAL Denco "Restaurant"?

soonerscuba
2/9/2011, 08:20 PM
I don't mean this to be mean, and it isn't pointed at any one person, but what is with the influx of profoundly stupid posters?

Was OUI really that big of a haven for knuckle-dragging unwashed masses? Again, no offense.

VeeJay
2/9/2011, 09:07 PM
Ford Granadas, while questionable on quality, had tremendous potential.

The more enterprising visionaries understood this.

http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/carbage/pages/0018/main.jpg

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 09:39 PM
I don't mean this to be mean, and it isn't pointed at any one person, but what is with the influx of profoundly stupid posters?

Was OUI really that big of a haven for knuckle-dragging unwashed masses? Again, no offense.

If you dont wanna tick people off or offend them, then you have to say "With all due respect".........then you are all good

And just imagine how bad it would have been if it were OSUI you were talking about.

GDC
2/9/2011, 10:12 PM
Reagan should be commended for cutting and running after the Marines were killed in Beirut. Unlike the idiot Bushes, he was smart enough to know the Middle East is a messed up place and we have no business being there.

okie52
2/9/2011, 10:34 PM
Reagan should be commended for cutting and running after the Marines were killed in Beirut. Unlike the idiot Bushes, he was smart enough to know the Middle East is a messed up place and we have no business being there.

We'll be there as long as we need their oil. Now the current pres is making sure we will continue that reliance.

okie52
2/9/2011, 10:35 PM
If you dont wanna tick people off or offend them, then you have to say "With all due respect".........then you are all good

And just imagine how bad it would have been if it were OSUI you were talking about.

With all due respect, so far he has done a pretty good job of shielding us from his intellect.

sooner59
2/9/2011, 11:17 PM
Reagan's tax policies for the so-called rich and businesses is the gasoline that was poured on the fire of the technology boom and peace dividend during the Clinton years!

Off-topic....quick question. Do you know about the punctuation known as the period? It looks like "." not "!". Just wondering. Seems like most of your posts are you yelling things excitedly. If you are yelling excitedly, then please, carry on.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 11:20 PM

Someone just watched "Reagan" on HBO

sooner59
2/9/2011, 11:32 PM
Someone just watched "Reagan" on HBO

I don't have HBO. But there are plenty of articles online about Reagan. ;)

ouwasp
2/10/2011, 12:01 AM
Not for the 47% of Americans that dont pay them it isnt......

Now there's an argument for the Lottery: The only way to get poor folks to pay taxes...

Another fun Reagan-related memory...

Back in the summer of '84 my Natl' Guard unit was going to WI for war games. Our glacially slow convoy stopped overnight in Minnesota as we crept north. When we changed into civvies to go eat supper, I could hardly wait to wear my "Reagan Country" t-shirt in Mondale's home state. I'm certain my display didn't influence a single person, but it was fun for a kid looking fwd to his 1st opportunity to vote.

soonercruiser
2/10/2011, 04:28 PM
Off-topic....quick question. Do you know about the punctuation known as the period? It looks like "." not "!". Just wondering. Seems like most of your posts are you yelling things excitedly. If you are yelling excitedly, then please, carry on.

Yes Teacher!
:P

Please continued to correct ALL posts.

MamaMia
2/10/2011, 04:31 PM
Obama tried to channel his inner Reagan, but it gave him heartburn. :P

The Profit
2/10/2011, 05:19 PM

Every board has its own mannerisms, and it takes some time to get to know a new board. There were some extremely bright posters from both the right and left on OUI. Some that come to mind were Okie 54 (now 52), NickDanger, Pphil, etc. Some have found their way here. Then, there were a couple of absolute nuts, one of which has found his way here. It is probably that way with any board.

delhalew
2/10/2011, 05:33 PM
Every board has its own mannerisms, and it takes some time to get to know a new board. There were some extremely bright posters from both the right and left on OUI. Some that come to mind were Okie 54 (now 52), NickDanger, Pphil, etc. Some have found their way here. Then, there were a couple of absolute nuts, one of which has found his way here. It is probably that way with any board.

Pot Kettle Black

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 05:36 PM
Well, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

OULenexaman
2/10/2011, 05:42 PM
Dammmnit I said whatcha eatin!!!.......nut n honey!!!

The Profit
2/10/2011, 05:46 PM
Pot Kettle Black

I don't think so, but then again, I am friggin biased.

The Profit
2/10/2011, 05:51 PM

damn...you and I are both old to remember that one...in fact, I am surprised I remember anything from that era.

2121Sooner
2/10/2011, 06:02 PM
Dammmnit I said whatcha eatin!!!.......nut n honey!!!

http://files.sharenator.com/Nut_n_bitch_Huge_Collection_of_Randoms-s507x325-66547-580.jpg

delhalew
2/10/2011, 06:20 PM

Almond Joy has nuts, Profit don't.:)

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 06:42 PM
Snickers. A fistful of nuts in every bar.

Nothing like the old candy bars. Zagnut. Who the **** came up with that one?

Clark Bar. That was for gays.

Heath. For the broke back cowboys who like white nougat with nuts. Wait, WTF is nougat?

$10,000 dollar bar. Who remembers that one?

delhalew
2/10/2011, 07:03 PM
Heath is the one with the toffee, I think...no nouget.

That Heath **** is good.

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 07:05 PM
Know how I know...

soonercruiser
2/10/2011, 10:32 PM
I believe that the posts, and reading the attitudes between the lines, speaks for itself.

BTW.....DANG! :eek:
THEY sure do put a lot of KEYS on these keyboards!!!!! Kinda like a typewriter, don't ya think??
Why so many?????????????

OULenexaman
2/11/2011, 10:13 AM
I have never eatin a candy bar in my entire life....prolly due to that death risk thing...

The Profit
2/11/2011, 10:15 AM
I believe that the posts, and reading the attitudes between the lines, speaks for itself.

THEY sure do put a lot of KEYS on these keyboards!!!!! Kinda like a typewriter, don't ya think??
Why so many?????????????

Get your azz back to work. You are on my payroll.

Boarder
2/11/2011, 10:56 AM

Heath. For the broke back cowboys who like white nougat with nuts. Wait, WTF is nougat?

I remember the $100,000 bar. Is that what you meant? Those were gooder.

Boarder
2/11/2011, 10:57 AM

Why so many?????????????
And then I got high, And then I got high, And then I got high. ba da Dum Dum Dum Dum

okie52
2/11/2011, 11:04 AM
3 musketeers has a nougat filling.

Zero
5th avenue
Caravelle

Are they still around?

The Profit
2/11/2011, 11:15 AM
Baby Ruth
Whatchamacallit
zagnut

okie52
2/11/2011, 11:17 AM
Chunky?

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 11:21 AM
payday

okie52
2/11/2011, 11:31 AM
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/bigtimecandybar.jpg

One of my favorites as a kid.

The Profit
2/11/2011, 11:33 AM
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/bigtimecandybar.jpg

One of my favorites as a kid.

Don't even remember that one.

okie52
2/11/2011, 11:37 AM
Early 60's for me on Big Time.

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 12:06 PM
butterfinger

soonercruiser
2/11/2011, 05:38 PM

Wow! I do!
It was a nickle back then.

soonercruiser
2/11/2011, 05:39 PM
Get your azz back to work. You are on my payroll.

I am not "on your tit"!
Even though you do have two big ones.
Kiss off Lib!

Fraggle145
2/11/2011, 05:42 PM
payday

Payday was totally nuts.

The Profit
2/11/2011, 11:15 PM
I am not "on your tit"!
Even though you do have two big ones.
Kiss off Lib!

You are a very strange man.

KC//CRIMSON
2/11/2011, 11:20 PM
You are a very strange man.

It's what happens when you eat paint chips as a small child.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/11/2011, 11:22 PM
frozen snickers

soonercruiser
2/12/2011, 02:15 PM
frozen snickers

Still one of the best 9th hole treats in the summer!
:D