PDA

View Full Version : Biggest and Best play of 2010.

oudavid1
2/8/2011, 09:50 PM
Landry Jones to Cam Kenny on 3rd and Long vs OSU.

Anyone else have one?

King Crimson
2/8/2011, 10:03 PM
the kickoff coverage that made that play necessary?

not the "best" but really?

texas-sooner
2/8/2011, 10:09 PM
Gotta go with Landry to Cameron at stoolwater. Can't get any better than that

sperry
2/8/2011, 10:11 PM
Landry to James Hannah in Stoolwater, since it was the same play, same situation, same result?

unbiasedtruth
2/8/2011, 10:11 PM
I thought that play put us up by 9 and the kickoff was return to cut it back to 2.

I'll go with 3 and ?? after that when the Pokes that for sure it would be another run to DM and didnt catch Hanna breaking down the seem and Landry laid it in his hands.... back up to 9 then and we win.

Boomer38Sooner
2/8/2011, 10:23 PM
I think, even though it wasn't necessarily game changing or anything like that, Broyles' catch in double coverage against two Iowa State DB's was a sick play. For a little guy he just went up there and got it!!

Also, Travis Lewis's INT in the endzone against Nebraska that kept us in the game.

soonerinabilene
2/8/2011, 10:27 PM
murray's tight rope skills against texas.

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 10:27 PM
I know that I'll catch flak for this but the best play of 2010 was the tip drill on one of Jones interceptions.

The biggest one was the TD pass to Hannah though. That sealed the Big 12 South right there.

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 10:31 PM
I'll go with the Hanna play over the Kenny play in stoolwater for sure.

KW nailed that one. 2nd and 7? Love that one alot. I mean alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZs6241BvlE

Hanna has some wheels!!

oudavid1
2/8/2011, 10:32 PM
I know that I'll catch flak for this but the best play of 2010 was the tip drill on one of Jones interceptions.

The biggest one was the TD pass to Hannah though. That sealed the Big 12 South right there.

really? that wasnt even the best pick of the game. Just because its only happened twice dosnt mean its a "best play" nominee. The corner for OSU wasnt even challenged to tip it back. It was a nice play.

But to me the Cam Kenny throw was better just because it was a 15 yard dig on a rope. thats a harder throw than a flag to James.

Travis' pick was awesome, but it was sooooo martinez' fault.

oudavid1
2/8/2011, 10:39 PM
Landry to James Hannah in Stoolwater, since it was the same play, same situation, same result?

to me its just an easier throw, and on 2nd down. The first one was on 3rd down on a deep dig, it was a dart, and against better coverage than that seen on the play you mentioned.

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 10:46 PM
really? that wasnt even the best pick of the game. Just because its only happened twice dosnt mean its a "best play" nominee. The corner for OSU wasnt even challenged to tip it back. It was a nice play.

But to me the Cam Kenny throw was better just because it was a 15 yard dig on a rope. thats a harder throw than a flag to James.

Travis' pick was awesome, but it was sooooo martinez' fault.

What was the best pick of the game then? That play was the play of the month on ESPN and like #3 for play of the year or something like that. The awareness shown on that play was crazy good. It was an excellent play.

Carter had a nice diving interception but I don't think it was on the same level as the OSU one.

Al Gore
2/8/2011, 10:47 PM
Landry bootleg against the bugeaters....Best Call!!!

Salt City Sooner
2/9/2011, 12:19 AM
It didn't have any bearing as far as the conference race goes, but Jonathan Nelson's hustle & punching the ball out (which OU recovered in their endzone) saved the guys from what would've ended up as an embarrassing (Cincy finished 4-8) loss against the Bearcats. He also had an endzone INT to save another score that night.

CrimsonRez
2/9/2011, 01:25 AM
I'm gonna say T.Lewis picking off Martinez in the CCG

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 02:55 AM
What was the best pick of the game then? That play was the play of the month on ESPN and like #3 for play of the year or something like that. The awareness shown on that play was crazy good. It was an excellent play.

Carter had a nice diving interception but I don't think it was on the same level as the OSU one.

no,i meant for OSU. Lewis' pick 6 was way better from a football standpoint. But he tipped a football(un-challenged) to another player 10 yards away who wasnt moving. Im not saying it was a great play, but it wasnt better than a frozen rope on a 15 yard dig on the road on 3rd and long.

The interception is a special play, its a luck and skill play. But the pick 6 he just flat out made Landry look dumb. And he was gone.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 02:56 AM
Landry bootleg against the bugeaters....Best Call!!!

It didn't have any bearing as far as the conference race goes, but Jonathan Nelson's hustle & punching the ball out (which OU recovered in their endzone) saved the guys from what would've ended up as an embarrassing (Cincy finished 4-8) loss against the Bearcats. He also had an endzone INT to save another score that night.

these are 2 very good ones i forgot about. Reason i made this thread.

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 03:18 AM
http://all-shook-up.visit-new-york-city.com/all-shook-up-wayne-wolf.jpg

CowboyMRW
2/9/2011, 04:55 AM
no,i meant for OSU. Lewis' pick 6 was way better from a football standpoint. But he tipped a football(un-challenged) to another player 10 yards away who wasnt moving. Im not saying it was a great play, but it wasnt better than a frozen rope on a 15 yard dig on the road on 3rd and long.

The interception is a special play, its a luck and skill play. But the pick 6 he just flat out made Landry look dumb. And he was gone.

I gotcha. Shaun Lewis has a chance to be a good one for us.

I understand the pass to Kenney selection but we immediately returned the kickoff for another 7. If this thread is about biggest then I would personally choose the pass to Hannah as that sealed the Big 12 south

SunnySooner
2/9/2011, 08:04 AM
Stills had a catch in Cinci no true frosh has any business making--I think on a 3rd and long, don't member perzackly, but just an amazing catch, right on the sideline, it was good by his pinkie toe, I think. Unreal concentration and awareness pulling that one down. So happy we have him at least 2 more years.

And 2nd on the LJ naked bootleg--I laughed my *** off, he fooled EVERYBODY!!

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2011, 09:28 AM

man I hate to agree with a cowboy...but that was a damn nice and heads up play....I HATED it...but to catch and throw it back in...I was like daammmmnnnn....

I'd also go with the T Lewis interception in the endzone..

Partial Qualifier
2/9/2011, 10:40 AM
Jonathan Nelson's rundown & forced fumble in the Cincinatti game.. that was nails

That ridiculous 80-yard spiral punt Tress Way kicked in the first game

tcrb
2/9/2011, 10:46 AM
Definitely not the biggest play of the year, but the best play for me was when Landry took a knee at the 50 to seal the Big XII CCG. :D

King Crimson
2/9/2011, 10:48 AM
beating Colorado in football (blocked punt was magical) and basketball was good for me.

those ****s have had it on us for unusual reasons for more time than i need.

jdd12
2/9/2011, 12:17 PM
I'll go with the Hanna play over the Kenny play in stoolwater for sure.

KW nailed that one. 2nd and 7? Love that one alot. I mean alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZs6241BvlE

Hanna has some wheels!!

Haha, I love the way that mother****er just drops the ball and walks away after he scores...like, "yeah, that's what's up"...(or because he just ran almost 80 yards).

TahoeSOONER
2/9/2011, 12:34 PM
I'm going with Landry keeping it on bootleg in CCG.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 12:40 PM
I gotcha. Shaun Lewis has a chance to be a good one for us.

I understand the pass to Kenney selection but we immediately returned the kickoff for another 7. If this thread is about biggest then I would personally choose the pass to Hannah as that sealed the Big 12 south

I think he will be the best OSU linebacker of the decade.

usaosooner
2/9/2011, 12:44 PM
Stills block in the Colorado game was a great play

Nelson vs Cinci was big

Seamus
2/9/2011, 01:56 PM
man I hate to agree with a cowboy...but that was a damn nice and heads up play....I HATED it...but to catch and throw it back in...I was like daammmmnnnn....

I'd also go with the T Lewis interception in the endzone..

That play by the osu DB was unreal. One of the best defensive plays I've ever seen. Had that been a Sooner, we'd have 20 threads about the greatness of that play.

That said, it didn't have nearly the effect on the game as Tlewis' grab.

jdd12
2/10/2011, 09:33 AM
While definitely not as big as some plays mentioned here, Winchester's fumble recoveries were pretty clutch.

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 10:10 AM
Any of a number against Nebs in the second half. That comeback was an epic team effort that may just gut their program for all time.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Judge Smails
2/10/2011, 03:51 PM
The * player muffing the punt in the final minutes in the Cotton Bowl was pretty big.

SoonerPr8r
2/10/2011, 04:19 PM
Landry pushing his fumble out of bounds in the RRS at the end of the game. Probably set the tone for both teams for the rest of the year. If Texas had recovered the season may have been different for them and us.

jumperstop
2/10/2011, 04:22 PM
Should have made this a voting thread. I really like Nelson at Cinnci or Lewis vs Nebbish.

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 08:28 PM
hc4e-nFKaGs
9rJjBXzEdWY&feature
IZs6241BvlE&feature

oudavid1
2/11/2011, 08:37 PM
9rJjBXzEdWY&feature
IZs6241BvlE&feature

I maintain that the first one to Kenny was better by far. Better throw, better run.

3rd and Landry(12) for a Kenny(6)

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 08:39 PM
I maintain that the first one to Kenny was better by far. Better throw, better run.

3rd and Landry(12) for a Kenny(6)

Agreed. I think that play also helped this team. You're backed up like that with the game on the line, the entire stadium is screaming at you to fail, and you just serve them a nice tall glass of shut the hell up.

kc sooner
2/11/2011, 08:42 PM
I think it was the Jones to Stills TD to get us back in the game against nebbish. We needed that bad!

texaspokieokie
2/12/2011, 11:55 AM
Should have made this a voting thread. I really like Nelson at Cinnci or Lewis vs Nebbish.

the one in cincy probly had a huge effect on the remainder of the season.

MyT Oklahoma
2/12/2011, 12:21 PM
Not the biggest and best play of 2010 but I loved DeMarco Murray's touchdown that broke Steve Owen's record. Mainly because I was there to watch it happen. :D

JLEW1818
2/12/2011, 12:32 PM
dammit!!! post more videos!!! :D

BoulderSooner79
2/12/2011, 12:51 PM
I am even glad (in retrospect, of course) that the pokes ran that KO back for a TD. The Kenney TD looked to slam the door on OSU then the KO got their hopes up again. "Oh, you liked that Kenney play? Here, you're gonna love this Hanna play in-yo-face".

btb916
2/12/2011, 01:17 PM
Tony Jefferson's sack of KMart in the 4th of the CCG was solid.

agoo758
2/12/2011, 01:37 PM
9rJjBXzEdWY&feature

Look carefully at 36 and 37 seconds and you noticed a poke flick off the camera. :D

spatton713
2/14/2011, 08:47 PM
biggest - kenny in stillwater

best - broyles in fiesta or murray tightrope

goingoneight
2/14/2011, 08:58 PM
In the order of inmportance:

Jamelle Fleming's interception against Utah State. If you still doubt Stoops's coaching ability, he took a team that almost lost to Utah State and made them into what we were by January 2.

DeMarco Murray's screen pass TD versus Air Force, followed shortly by Kenny Stills' third down conversion reception to seal the deal against a dangerous AFA team.

Jonathan Nelson's forced fumble, Trey Millard's first TD and Winchester's fumble recovery.

DeMarco's tightrope TD run versus Tejas. Then, Landry knocking his own fumble away from Texas's DE. Then, Winchester's fumble recovery to seal the RRS win.

Any collected turnover against OSU, and any points we scored in our typical Stoolwater Shootout. LJ-to-CK then LJ-to-Hanna were awesome. The double-shift TE set that KW broke out against Tejas worked beautifully against OSU, too. You'd think they might watch film a time or two next time.

Travis Lewis's badassery against Nebraska, followed by LJ's clutch throws to get himself out of a pickle. Jimmy Stevens coming through when nobody gave him a chance after A&M.