PDA

View Full Version : LoL of course not

Sooner_Tuf
2/8/2011, 09:30 PM
No charges against Ohio State recruit

Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- Authorities say Ohio State football recruit Chris Carter won't face criminal charges stemming from his arrest last week on an allegation that he fondled a girl while pretending to measure her for an ROTC uniform.

Carter is a senior offensive lineman at John F. Kennedy High School in Cleveland. The 15-year-old girl told police Carter took her to a room behind the school's auditorium and tried to pull up her bra. He was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of sexual imposition and spent a night in jail.

Cleveland city spokeswoman Maureen Harper said in a statement Monday that a full review found there was not enough evidence of sexual contact or conduct.

Carter's attorney Harvey Bruner says the city's conclusion verifies what he has said about there being insufficient evidence. He says Carter looks forward to attending Ohio State in the fall.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 10:30 PM
It makes little difference to tOSU. What really matters here is that in about two years tOSU fans will be flooding message boards to remind everyone that robbing a liquor store is not an NCAA penalty.

oudavid1
2/8/2011, 10:38 PM
Sufficient evidence seems like a good excuse. I used to know a bunch of 15 year old girls, they are not credible. I agree that what he did (if he did it) is totally wrong. But it is he said-she said.

soonerinva
2/9/2011, 07:09 AM
I would tend to agree that the word of a 15-year-old girl isn't concrete evidence, but I would think that his admission of guilt would hold some credence.

From The Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Cleveland Police said a 15-year-old girl told officers that Carter took her out of her classroom and into a room behind the JFK auditorium and told her he needed to measure her for the uniform.

"Once inside the room, [Carter] asked the victim to take off her sweatshirt and shirt so he could take her measurements," the police report said. "He cut off the lights ... and stated 'I need you to take your bra off.' The arrested male then put his arms under her arms from behind and attempted to pull her bra up."

The girl told police she refused to cooperate and left the room. Police said when they talked to Carter he admitted that he had fondled other girls using the same ruse. Police asked him to give them the book that he used to record the measurements and he turned it over.

We'll have to see how things play out, but this certainly looks bad for Carter and his future with Ohio State. Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel will meet with reporters at 4 p.m. ET.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/9/2011, 07:27 AM
I bet he even had a cloth tape measure to make those measurements! ;)

SunnySooner
2/9/2011, 07:57 AM
Wow, tOSU, where the 't' stands for " 'til proven guilty' ". Giving Da U a run for their money these days.

OU Engineer
2/9/2011, 11:10 AM
just to play devils advocate here... were any charges ever brought/ found credible against justin chaisson?

soonerboy_odanorth
2/9/2011, 11:40 AM
just to play devils advocate here... were any charges ever brought/ found credible against justin chaisson?

I don't quite get what you are playing devil's advocate against, but not only were charges filed, he plead down from felony charges to no contest on misdemeanor charges.

From an old Tulsa World article:

Chaisson last month had multiple felony charges — including coercion with a deadly weapon and assault with a deadly weapon — pleaded down to gross misdemeanors. On Thursday, OU released a statement that read, in part, "all allegations of the use of any weapon have been dismissed and are not the basis of any charge against or plea by him."

Chaisson was on the team's official roster as of Thursday. He was originally charged with four felonies stemming from an incident with his former girlfriend, during which she told police that he forced her into a car, held a screwdriver to her neck and threatened to kill her. Chaisson's attorney, Michael Cristalli, explained after his successful plea agreement on May 5 that Chaisson's future at OU had hinged on pleading the felonies to misdemeanors. He was sentenced to three years probation and 120 hours community service and must attend domestic violence counseling.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=231&articleid=20090611_231_0_DALLAS527791

BTW, what's with all you junior he-man-woman-haters mysogynists? Are you really equating your breakup with your 15 year-old girlfriend (I'm talking to you, david) because she lied and cheated on you with one of your pals with what these testosterone-filled rage buckets are perpetuating against young women? Do you have any idea how common sexual assaults and rape are? Or do you just not care?

I suggest you have a daughter. Or maybe a girlfriend who was previously raped fill you in a little.

These universities so beholden to the almighty dollar aren't doing nearly enough to protect young women. God forbid you should give one of your football factory recruits the boot in support of a young woman, 'cause OMG that might hamper your recruiting efforts in the future. Oh no... not that.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 12:41 PM
I would tend to agree that the word of a 15-year-old girl isn't concrete evidence, but I would think that his admission of guilt would hold some credence.

Cleveland Police said a 15-year-old girl told officers that Carter took her out of her classroom and into a room behind the JFK auditorium and told her he needed to measure her for the uniform.

"Once inside the room, [Carter] asked the victim to take off her sweatshirt and shirt so he could take her measurements," the police report said. "He cut off the lights ... and stated 'I need you to take your bra off.' The arrested male then put his arms under her arms from behind and attempted to pull her bra up."

The girl told police she refused to cooperate and left the room. Police said when they talked to Carter he admitted that he had fondled other girls using the same ruse. Police asked him to give them the book that he used to record the measurements and he turned it over.

We'll have to see how things play out, but this certainly looks bad for Carter and his future with Ohio State. Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel will meet with reporters at 4 p.m. ET.

great post. This information changes everything. make him run til he pukes.

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2011, 04:07 PM
Not surprised by this one bit...they're the next SUCC.

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 05:08 PM

With his season over, I'd like to know how you're going to pull that one off. Is his English teacher going to make him run the stairs?

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 05:43 PM
With his season over, I'd like to know how you're going to pull that one off. Is his English teacher going to make him run the stairs?

no, when he gets there(august). As long as he gets punished.

sooned
2/9/2011, 05:54 PM
NEWS FLASH!!

15 year old girl arrested in the driveway of her parents new $700,000 home in Cleveland, driving a new Jaguar without a license.

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 10:36 AM

How about instead, the imperial 'we' just yanks his schollie and he goes off into the wilderness to correct his ways and make a decent life for himself? And not go on to tOSU with the understanding that he can get away with whatever he wants to do so long as he provides the beast with entertainment Saturday afternoons?
Seen from one perspective, that would be doing the kiddo a service.

texaspokieokie
2/10/2011, 10:38 AM
if he had been found guilty, would've been facing a 5 game suspension.

sooneron
2/10/2011, 10:40 AM
Sufficient evidence seems like a good excuse. I used to know a bunch of 15 year old girls, they are not credible. I agree that what he did (if he did it) is totally wrong. But it is he said-she said.

So 17 year old boys ARE credible over 15 yr old girls? I'd like to hear your reasoning on this.

soonerloyal
2/10/2011, 11:00 AM

It's ill-informed, antiquated and ridiculous attitudes like this that make the quest for justice by sexual assault victims so damn hard. Thanks for making the jobs of counselors & LEOS so much easier. ****.

Doged
2/10/2011, 11:23 AM
It's ill-informed, antiquated and ridiculous attitudes like this that make the quest for justice by sexual assault victims so damn hard. Thanks for making the jobs of counselors & LEOS so much easier. ****.

Ill-informed, antiquated and ridiculous attitudes like this also keep accused who are innocent from going to prison. Their lives are still ruined because people will assume their guilt based just on the accusation, but at least they remain free.

No, it's not a perfect system, but guilty until proven innocent is a worse system.

soonerloyal
2/10/2011, 11:31 AM
True, Doged. I've counseled both situations many times. But in this situation there are multiple victims and an admission of guilt by the molester. And it's not being handled well. More often than not, a crime is committed and too many sexual criminals go free, often never charged at all by victims too terrified they won't be believed or that no justice can be gained. Now that these girls have been used this way, if they are ever assaulted again, you think they'll have a belief in our justice system? Hell, no.

I have no patience with or wish anything good on false accusers, ever. But if you or someone you love has ever been a victim - or if you've ever worked with one - believe me, you'll have no positive reactions to someone just skating when they are guilty.

oudavid1
2/10/2011, 12:56 PM
How about instead, the imperial 'we' just yanks his schollie and he goes off into the wilderness to correct his ways and make a decent life for himself? And not go on to tOSU with the understanding that he can get away with whatever he wants to do so long as he provides the beast with entertainment Saturday afternoons?
Seen from one perspective, that would be doing the kiddo a service.

little harsh. In my opinion.

So 17 year old boys ARE credible over 15 yr old girls? I'd like to hear your reasoning on this.

I would say neither of them. But since he admitted it, it changes everything.

Hey, i didnt say my OPINIONS were right, i dont know the young lady or the situation well at all. I never believe what happened here is acceptable. I made that statement before his confession came out. He-said, She-said is not sufficient. Ive been around a lot more 15 year old girls (3 years ago, when i was 15) than probably anyone else on the board. They do lie. Im not saying she is a liar, im saying its not unheard of.

sooneron
2/10/2011, 01:25 PM

Yet, you didn't say that.

oudavid1
2/10/2011, 03:20 PM
No charges against Ohio State recruit

Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- Authorities say Ohio State football recruit Chris Carter won't face criminal charges stemming from his arrest last week on an allegation that he fondled a girl while pretending to measure her for an ROTC uniform.

Carter is a senior offensive lineman at John F. Kennedy High School in Cleveland. The 15-year-old girl told police Carter took her to a room behind the school's auditorium and tried to pull up her bra. He was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of sexual imposition and spent a night in jail.

Cleveland city spokeswoman Maureen Harper said in a statement Monday that a full review found there was not enough evidence of sexual contact or conduct.

Carter's attorney Harvey Bruner says the city's conclusion verifies what he has said about there being insufficient evidence. He says Carter looks forward to attending Ohio State in the fall.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

First there was this

and i said this

than this

and i change my statement.

little harsh. In my opinion.

Hey, i didnt say my OPINIONS were right, i dont know the young lady or the situation well at all. I never believe what happened here is acceptable. I made that statement before his confession came out. He-said, She-said is not sufficient. Ive been around a lot more 15 year old girls (3 years ago, when i was 15) than probably anyone else on the board. They do lie. Im not saying she is a liar, im saying its not unheard of.

Yet, you didn't say that.

Duh! Because that information wasnt available.

Swing and a miss.

KantoSooner
2/10/2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=oudavid1;3143614]little harsh. In my opinion.
/QUOTE]

Well, big boy crime warrants big boy punishment.

And, by the way, the recording of the measurements in the notebook? And the serial nature of the offense? Those are pretty classically sociopath behaviors. Someone needs to take a long and harsh look at this young man's life pronto.
Since he opened the door with his own behavior, his rights to privacy are degraded anyway. Far better some embarassment now than letting the guy escalate in his use/abuse of others.

oudavid1
2/10/2011, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=oudavid1;3143614]little harsh. In my opinion.
/QUOTE]

Well, big boy crime warrants big boy punishment.

And, by the way, the recording of the measurements in the notebook? And the serial nature of the offense? Those are pretty classically sociopath behaviors. Someone needs to take a long and harsh look at this young man's life pronto.
Since he opened the door with his own behavior, his rights to privacy are degraded anyway. Far better some embarassment now than letting the guy escalate in his use/abuse of others.

I agree

Leroy Lizard
2/10/2011, 06:16 PM

Punishment too far in time from the crime and dished out by the wrong people. Cain't be vindictive.

soonerloyal
2/10/2011, 07:34 PM
David, most of us read about this whole incident days ago.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151107&highlight=OSU+Recruit

That's why the majority of us knew the POS was skating and should have been charged. I'm surprised you missed that thread.

sooneron
2/11/2011, 12:30 PM
First there was this

Duh! Because that information wasnt available.

Swing and a miss.

NO, back when it was a he said/ she said, you basically said her word was not good, as she was a 15 year old girl. Charges get dropped all the time, even if the girl is telling the truth.
I realize that you're basically just a kid, but by saying what you said without any preface on the merits, or lack therefor, of a teenage boy's word, you inferred that you think teen girls are liars or not really credible as opposed to male teenagers.

outta the park.

oudavid1
2/11/2011, 12:58 PM
NO, back when it was a he said/ she said, you basically said her word was not good, as she was a 15 year old girl. Charges get dropped all the time, even if the girl is telling the truth.
I realize that you're basically just a kid, but by saying what you said without any preface on the merits, or lack therefor, of a teenage boy's word, you inferred that you think teen girls are liars or not really credible as opposed to male teenagers.

outta the park.

Actually yay. Which is where i am wrong. But as i said, i dont know either one. Game Over.

King Barry's Back
2/11/2011, 01:26 PM
Looks like this guy is a total d*ck, and deserves whatever punishment the legal system will throw at him.

However, at this point, it seems that punishment totals up to not even being charged with a midemeanor. (My guess is the girls in question don't want to testify, and maybe some of the others were even willing, but that is PURE conjecture.)

What seems more relevant for discussion here is what is the proper role for tOSU?

Lacking even any charges, much less a conviction, I think they have to let him play. That's of course pending further developments.

StatGeek
2/14/2011, 12:55 AM
Looks like this guy is a total d*ck, and deserves whatever punishment the legal system will throw at him.

However, at this point, it seems that punishment totals up to not even being charged with a midemeanor. (My guess is the girls in question don't want to testify, and maybe some of the others were even willing, but that is PURE conjecture.)

What seems more relevant for discussion here is what is the proper role for tOSU?

Lacking even any charges, much less a conviction, I think they have to let him play. That's of course pending further developments.

They don't have to do anything, this is a simple question of morals/ethics/judgement (this is not a legal question for the university in anyway shape or form) for them. For example look at Stoops handling of Chaisson vs his handling of Jarboe.