PDA

View Full Version : The Patriot Act

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2011, 08:20 PM
Not much has been made of this, but the Patriot Act is up for renewal this evening. And, ominously, this time it does not include a sunset provision so if it passes (and it likely will) then the law will be on the books indefinitely.

The House just voted down a motion to suspend debate, so at least there will be a little bit of debate. Sadly, many many Republicans believe in the bill enough that they didn't believe its merits should even be debated.

I've already called and emailed my representatives encouraging them to fight this awful legislation. The new GOP House hasn't even been in session for a month and they've already lost all credibility. Every member of who votes for this liberty-destroying abomination of a bill ought to be handily defeated the next election.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 08:24 PM
That bill about cost a good friend of mine his job. I don't know if it should be gotten rid of but if it stays the same....they damn sure shouldn't call it "The Patriot Act".

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 08:24 PM
It's called the Patriot Act. Therefore, anyone who votes against it must be un-American.

Boarder
2/8/2011, 08:26 PM
I would argue that, for the most part, Republicans who were elected for this Congress were well known to support the Patriot Act (thereby not really losing any credibility with those who elected them).

It is bizarre that there is no real outcry against it, though. I suspect that the reason for this is that most people have not been adversely affected by it (that they know about).

soonerscuba
2/8/2011, 08:27 PM
To be fair, I'm sure the Dems will be giant pussies about it this time too.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 08:38 PM
I would argue that, for the most part, Republicans who were elected for this Congress were well known to support the Patriot Act (thereby not really losing any credibility with those who elected them).

It is bizarre that there is no real outcry against it, though. I suspect that the reason for this is that most people have not been adversely affected by it (that they know about).

I'd have to agree with you on that. Since they haven't used it against enough of us to create an outcry they aren't going to do what it takes to turn this POS around. They have an opportunity to get rid of it and probably save money like they said they were going to do but unless it buys them votes....they will just let it ride.

jumperstop
2/8/2011, 08:40 PM
That bill about cost a good friend of mine his job. I don't know if it should be gotten rid of but if it stays the same....they damn sure shouldn't call it "The Patriot Act".

Was your friend a terrorist?

AlboSooner
2/8/2011, 08:45 PM
Any act is as good as the people who use it. From what we hear and read, it doesn't seem it has done much good. Maybe behind the scenes, the PA has proved to be much more useful. Who knows. One things is for sure: the PA has not made the intelligence agencies talk more to each other, which was the chief downfall of the 9/11 prevention.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 08:50 PM
Nope. There are so many things in that act that get your entire life reviewed in an instant. If there is even one glitch....your backround becomes in question. If you think the IRS was brutal and unforgiving....just wait until something you do or have done or might have done but was supposedly wiped clean suddenly shows up and you don't even get to have an Attorney to help. They just throw you into a limbo for months while you slowly starve to death. I'd rather be on probation after getting out of prison than be caught up in that mess.

Folks.....make sure you always do the right thing. Don't think you are clear of everything just because it was a misdemeanor.

Seriously.

As long as this is on the books they can suddenly institute whatever they want and select anything they deem useable against you OK until there is enough outcry.

That act scares the **** out of me.

sperry
2/8/2011, 08:52 PM
The Uniting and Stengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001?

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 08:55 PM
Any act is as good as the people who use it. From what we hear and read, it doesn't seem it has done much good. Maybe behind the scenes, the PA has proved to be much more useful. Who knows. One things is for sure: the PA has not made the intelligence agencies talk more to each other, which was the chief downfall of the 9/11 prevention.

Which is what it was supposed to do. I'd think they want to keep it there and the initial scare of it being misused has gone since we have seemingly kept our Country free of any further attacks and until we found the Russians have decades of spies....even then you didn't see it suddenly used. I'm guessing they knew they were here anyway.

Since the Act seems harmless....we'll just keep trying to convince folks it's to protect Patriots.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 09:10 PM
Rejected in the house

http://www.mainjustice.com/2011/02/08/house-rejects-renewal-of-patriot-act-provisions/

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 09:21 PM
Rejected in the house

http://www.mainjustice.com/2011/02/08/house-rejects-renewal-of-patriot-act-provisions/

OK what am I missing? The bill passed 277-148. Now the provisions are extended to Dec 8th 2011.

They didn't reject ****.

Mainjustice.com FAIL.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll026.xml

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 09:23 PM
OK what am I missing? The bill passed 277-148. Now the provisions are extended to Dec 8th 2011.

They didn't reject ****.

Mainjustice.com FAIL.
Defeated the proposed extension... read it again

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 09:28 PM
Wow.....I can't believe they did that.

This is good for our way of life.

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 09:29 PM
"BILL TITLE: To extend expiring provisions of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 relating to access to business records, individual terrorists as agents of foreign powers, and roving wiretaps until December 8, 2011"

It passed.

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 09:32 PM

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2011, 09:33 PM
"BILL TITLE: To extend expiring provisions of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 relating to access to business records, individual terrorists as agents of foreign powers, and roving wiretaps until December 8, 2011"

It passed.

Nope. Under House rules, this bill required a 2/3 majority. They got a majority but not the super majority needed for passage. It failed.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 09:33 PM

It passed.
Not a 2/3ds

EDIT sic em beat me

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 09:39 PM
Not a 2/3ds

EDIT sic em beat me

Got it. The blogger should have mentioned that.

Why did it need 2/3rds to be extended?

Good news indeed!!

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 09:39 PM
well ****

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah thats what the dip**** author says. Look at the vote. They PASSED the proposed extension. Math must be hard for that blogger, 277>148.

And House legislative rules and procedure are hard for others. ;)

That poor author -- you may have hurt her feelings. For all you know she could be hot.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 09:43 PM
well ****
You....like tyranny?

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 09:45 PM
You....like tyranny?

I like Freedom and that has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 09:45 PM
And House legislative rules and procedure are hard for others. ;)

That poor author -- you may have hurt her feelings. For all you know she could be hot.

You got in before my edit:O

Believe me, some of our laws in this country and the way they are made for sure confuse the **** out of me.

I would have left her a comment if I didn't have to register. I'll just continue to confuse people and show my *** here in the SO.:D

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 09:46 PM
I like Freedom and that has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.
Access to business records and roving wiretaps don't constitute freedom? Or did I misjudge your "****"

Blue
2/8/2011, 09:51 PM
Access to business records and roving wiretaps don't constitute freedom? Or did I misjudge your "****"

I think ST and the rest of us think this is good.

Now if we could just get that bulldyke Napolitano off the tv telling everyone to snitch and the tsa off everybodys jock, we'd be gettin somewhere.

soonercruiser
2/8/2011, 10:00 PM
Not much has been made of this, but the Patriot Act is up for renewal this evening. And, ominously, this time it does not include a sunset provision so if it passes (and it likely will) then the law will be on the books indefinitely.

The House just voted down a motion to suspend debate, so at least there will be a little bit of debate. Sadly, many many Republicans believe in the bill enough that they didn't believe its merits should even be debated.

I've already called and emailed my representatives encouraging them to fight this awful legislation. The new GOP House hasn't even been in session for a month and they've already lost all credibility. Every member of who votes for this liberty-destroying abomination of a bill ought to be handily defeated the next election.

AND....PLEASE NOTE THAT PRES OBAMA WAS THE ONE WHO WANTED THE ROVING WIRE TAPS, AND BROADER SPYING ON U.S. CITIZENS!

U.S. Tries to Make It Easier to Wiretap the InternetBy CHARLIE SAVAGE
Published: September 27, 2010
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html

Crypto Wars! Obama Wants New Law to Wiretap the Internet
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21295

Obama Wants Broader Internet Wiretap Authority 646
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/09/27/1221213/Obama-Wants-Broader-Internet-Wiretap-Authority

sooner ngintunr
2/8/2011, 10:04 PM
AND....PLEASE NOITE THAT PRES OBAMA WAS THE ONE WHO WANTED THE ROVING WIRE TAPS, AND BROADER SPYING ON U.S. CITIZENS!

U.S. Tries to Make It Easier to Wiretap the InternetBy CHARLIE SAVAGE
Published: September 27, 2010
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27wiretap.html

Crypto Wars! Obama Wants New Law to Wiretap the Internet
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21295

Obama Wants Broader Internet Wiretap Authority 646
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/09/27/1221213/Obama-Wants-Broader-Internet-Wiretap-Authority

I guess its good that we have Democrats in the house to vote against all of that bull****.

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 10:22 PM
Was your friend a terrorist?

Terrorist trainer. It's part of that "you don't give a man a fish, you teach him how to fish" strategy.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 10:27 PM

I have first hand knowledge of how this act can be used against you and anyone else in America. Prior to 9-11-01 and even after we had plenty of laws on the books to protect us from ourselves. This bill was touted as needed to protect us from Terrorist outside of our Country. We even had enough Info on the 9-11 Terrorist prior to the WTC attacks to make an informed decision that they were dangerous. There was no reason we needed to expand our own laws to review the minor details of our own Citizens yet this piece of garbage did exactly that by allowing even certain misdemeanors that did nothing to expose terrorists. The War on Terror did more to make more people turn to Al Queda than anything the Patriot Act ever exposed to keep us safe. It does have some things that could be of value but it's current standing leaves us exposed to misuse of our own Patriots than free of the Terroists. If Pubs believe Obamacare could ruin our Country...I believe the Patriot Act stands as a threat to our Freedom as Americans. It's a far worse threat than George Orwell"s vision of 1984.

Believe what you wish but just go read it instead of accept someone's word on it. Seeing it used rather cruelly against a friend will really get you enthusiastic about reading it. I would have never believed what it could do until I saw how scared people were then. They weren't afraid of my friend....they were afraid of the Government and would have ruined a man's life instead of used good judgement. They were afraid they might subject themselves to the same scrutiny at first and after 30 days and a few letters to Senators and House Reps.....they were assured no action would come from allowing my Friend to return to work.

Political "Catch 22" at it's finest.

If you've never faced a career ending situation that allowed you no recourse such as this...I wouldn't be surprised of your lack of worry in such matters. Many who have such as I....are bound to understand how these things can and do happen.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 10:35 PM
I think ST and the rest of us think this is good.

Now if we could just get that bulldyke Napolitano off the tv telling everyone to snitch and the tsa off everybodys jock, we'd be gettin somewhere.

So true. Hell....we probaly have more fingerprint and facial recognition in our coffers to know you were within 10 miles of any Airport these days. Knowing how to recognise what a real threat is seems to be our biggest problem yet some people think we need laws that do absolutely nothing to expose threats. The Patriot Act just allows more access to information that we don't use properly.

Talk about wasting tax dollars.

As long as we make people feel safe....it's money well spent to some people and it keeps the Politicians from spending any more dough on things that will slow progress on passing more laws that will send more dough to places that really could do without it but won't because it might make them look like they've left out their State instead of doing something for the country.

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 10:37 PM
StoopTroup, fill us in. Who did what and what happened to him?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 10:39 PM
Sorry ST, I agree with you, just misunderstood what you said

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 10:46 PM
Sorry ST, I agree with you, just misunderstood what you said

It's OK. I truely think we could all make things better if we had the chance or ability to do so. As Citizens though.....we are all being back doored by lobbying and power and greed.

I shouldn't even worry about saying stuff like this but yet...I do. Hell....tell someone your politcal affiliation in a job interview these days and you might cut your own throat. I like people who can think, communicate and do. I'll take that over loyal anyday from an employee or a Boss.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 11:22 PM
It's OK. I truely think we could all make things better if we had the chance or ability to do so. As Citizens though.....we are all being back doored by lobbying and power and greed.

aka Smash the State

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 11:26 PM
States are in competition with each other and many of them have the same Corporations as thier largest Employers and then you have to wonder who the heck wins that one? The smallest State or the one that has the HQ or is the Corporation actually run by a bunch of guys in NYC and both States are screwed because they all owe a bunch of folks in DC a favor for what they are doing for the Companies they are sitting on the Board of Directors at.

Tricky Biness.....lol

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/8/2011, 11:28 PM
States are in competition with each other and many of them have the same Corporations as thier largest Employers and then you have to wonder who the heck wins that one? The smallest State or the one that has the HQ or is the Corporation actually run by a bunch of guys in NYC and both States are screwed because they all owe a bunch of folks in DC a favor for what they are doing for the Companies they are sitting on the Board of Directors at.

Tricky Biness.....lol
By state I meant government in general...heck primarily the federal government

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 11:32 PM
Not sure there will ever be a good way to fix things....being good to each other is what will get us headed in the right direction IMO

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah, yeah, it's all good until achmed pokes out y'all's eyes.

StoopTroup
2/9/2011, 08:51 AM
I ain't scared of Achmed. Since Achmed likes guys you
might want to turn Muslim though. That way you won't have any trouble in Airports or really with anything. It's just you armed Hillbillies that are a threat.

jkjsooner
2/9/2011, 10:41 AM

Had the original Patriot Act been passed under Obama or Clinton's watch, RLIMC and Tuba and the entire conservative talk radio crowd would have blasted it to no end and the dems would have let is slide.

That's why I like guys like SicEm. I might not always agree with them but they're honest and fair.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 11:23 AM
I didn't realize they were trying to remove the sunset. That is terrifying. I wish they would get rid of this entirely.

It is still alive until later in the year, right?

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 02:12 PM
I have first hand knowledge of how this act can be used against you and anyone else in America. Prior to 9-11-01 and even after we had plenty of laws on the books to protect us from ourselves. This bill was touted as needed to protect us from Terrorist outside of our Country. We even had enough Info on the 9-11 Terrorist prior to the WTC attacks to make an informed decision that they were dangerous. There was no reason we needed to expand our own laws to review the minor details of our own Citizens yet this piece of garbage did exactly that by allowing even certain misdemeanors that did nothing to expose terrorists. The War on Terror did more to make more people turn to Al Queda than anything the Patriot Act ever exposed to keep us safe. It does have some things that could be of value but it's current standing leaves us exposed to misuse of our own Patriots than free of the Terroists. If Pubs believe Obamacare could ruin our Country...I believe the Patriot Act stands as a threat to our Freedom as Americans. It's a far worse threat than George Orwell"s vision of 1984.

Believe what you wish but just go read it instead of accept someone's word on it. Seeing it used rather cruelly against a friend will really get you enthusiastic about reading it. I would have never believed what it could do until I saw how scared people were then. They weren't afraid of my friend....they were afraid of the Government and would have ruined a man's life instead of used good judgement. They were afraid they might subject themselves to the same scrutiny at first and after 30 days and a few letters to Senators and House Reps.....they were assured no action would come from allowing my Friend to return to work.

Political "Catch 22" at it's finest.

If you've never faced a career ending situation that allowed you no recourse such as this...I wouldn't be surprised of your lack of worry in such matters. Many who have such as I....are bound to understand how these things can and do happen.

The conflicts, wasted money, and loss of liberties are all EXACTLY what the terrorists intended from the beginning!
:(

MR2-Sooner86
2/9/2011, 02:29 PM
http://crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2011/01/billofrights.jpg

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 03:32 PM
Good news indeed!!

Sincerely;
Your local terrorist sleeper cell

And I am so glad this didnt pass. I was so tired of them tapping into my cell phone calls all the time. So glad to have the man off my back.

Now this is the part of the thread where someone will throw in the quote from Benjamin Franklin about security and freedom........

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 05:24 PM
And I am so glad this didnt pass. I was so tired of them tapping into my cell phone calls all the time.

If they had tapped into my cell phone, you would have found four Homeland Security dudes lying on the floor, writhing in boredom.

OutlandTrophy
2/9/2011, 05:52 PM
Sincerely;
Your local terrorist sleeper cell

And I am so glad this didnt pass. I was so tired of them tapping into my cell phone calls all the time. So glad to have the man off my back.

Now this is the part of the thread where someone will throw in the quote from Benjamin Franklin about security and freedom........

Freedom is dangerous. Some folks don't have the stomach to live in a free society.

AlboSooner
2/9/2011, 05:57 PM
We can't pick and choose when to honor the constitution and when not to honor it. We can't pick and choose when to go by what the founding fathers said, and when not to. We can't appeal to what Franklin said on one thread, and dismiss what he said in another.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 07:04 PM
Freedom is dangerous. Some folks don't have the stomach to live in a free society.

Seems like those who voted for "The Annointed One" are the type who want everything to be "free"!
:rolleyes:

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 07:07 PM

I think I saw that on a Snapple Cap one time.

bigfatjerk
2/9/2011, 07:07 PM
The Patriot Act is one of the first things that made me split away from the republican party. I still don't like this and I don't get how it's still around. I was hoping the democrats would come in and destroy this thing. But they've only made it stronger. It looks like this will still survive despite this vote yesterday.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 07:10 PM
Welcome back to the Republican party.

Good to have you back.

bigfatjerk
2/9/2011, 07:11 PM
Welcome back to the Republican party.

Good to have you back.

This will still pass the second time around. All it needs is a simple majority. I'm still a Libertarian.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 07:12 PM
Well, if that is the case and you are no longer a democrat, your username can just be bigfat.....

Only Dems are jerks.

True Story

OutlandTrophy
2/9/2011, 07:35 PM
I think I saw that on a Snapple Cap one time.

Actually it was the punchline on a Laffy Taffy wrapper but you were close. Keep trying.

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 07:38 PM
Your post was as about as good as a Laffy Taffy joke.

bigfatjerk
2/9/2011, 07:40 PM
ZSDBswx90Cs

Okla-homey
2/9/2011, 07:44 PM

You're just mad that your name is no doubt on a few gubmint lists because of your membership in recognised neo-confederate hate groups and the John Birch Society. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2011, 07:45 PM
You're just mad that your name is no doubt on a few gubmint lists because of your membership in recognised neo-confederate hate groups and the John Birch Society. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's it. You nailed it asshat.

Okla-homey
2/9/2011, 07:59 PM
Yep, that's it. You nailed it asshat.

I had a dream once. In that dream a bunch of deluded guys like you, who have never seen a naked woman except on your computers, decided to act instead of just blabber. In that dream, I was recalled from retirement and immensely enjoyed putting a string of Mk82 500# GP bombs right into y'alls pathetic rebel camp. It was awesome.

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2011, 08:01 PM
I had a dream once. In that dream a bunch of deluded guys like you, who have never seen a naked woman except on your computers, decided to act instead of just blabber. In that dream, I was recalled from retirement and immensely enjoyed putting a string of Mk82 500# GP bombs right into y'alls pathetic rebel camp. It was awesome.

http://fascistsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/CoolStoryBro.jpg

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 08:02 PM
You had a dream about a bunch of dudes?

Ok.

Okla-homey
2/9/2011, 08:08 PM
You had a dream about a bunch of dudes?

Ok.

I would hardly call them "dudes." "Dudes" are generally considered to be males who weigh over 150 lbs, are capable of attracting a woman, and do not ride scooters.:D

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2011, 08:10 PM

Heh. Fantasy victories. Heh.

MR2-Sooner86
2/9/2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.skrymir.com/ep3/duel.jpg

Believe it or not folks, SicEm and Homey used to be the best of friends.

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2011, 08:28 PM

I'm pretty sure I know which of us represents the dark side.

soonerscuba
2/9/2011, 08:30 PM

So George Lucas took their childhood behind the shed an anally raped it too?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/9/2011, 08:31 PM
zing

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 09:41 PM
I would hardly call them "dudes." "Dudes" are generally considered to be males who weigh over 150 lbs, are capable of attracting a woman, and do not ride scooters.:D

150 lbs?!?!?!

That is bigger than TWO SicEm's!!!!

delhalew
2/10/2011, 10:25 AM
They are trying again today. This time they only need a straight majority. The eight teaparty republicans who voted against it last time,won't be able to stop it this time.

C&CDean
2/10/2011, 10:35 AM

GP? How about some willie pete? Or some good ol' napalm? It'd be more fun to watch them melt than just get blown to pieces.

delhalew
2/10/2011, 10:38 AM
Lmao...Willie Pete. Ouch.

OutlandTrophy
2/10/2011, 10:49 AM
...who have never seen a naked woman...

I'm guessing that none of them knew your daughter? :P

MR2-Sooner86
2/10/2011, 11:05 AM
ZSDBswx90Cs

This.

delhalew
2/10/2011, 11:24 AM
Paul summed it up well.

AlboSooner
2/10/2011, 11:57 AM
ZSDBswx90Cs

This guys uses reason, and historical analogies to make a good point. So, his method is intrinsically lost to many of us who just want a few cliches, or one-liners about past glories, or assumptions that because something is meant to catch terrorists it will automatically and perfectly work regardless of lack of clear evidence.

Paul seemed a little thin. For his sake I hope he was heavier than the magic number of 150lbs; we all know if you weigh less than 150lbs your opinion doesn't matter.

delhalew
2/10/2011, 12:13 PM
This guys uses reason, and historical analogies to make a good point. So, his method is intrinsically lost to many of us who just want a few cliches, or one-liners about past glories, or assumptions that because something is meant to catch terrorists it will automatically and perfectly work regardless of lack of clear evidence.

Paul seemed a little thin. For his sake I hope he was heavier than the magic number of 150lbs; we all know if you weigh less than 150lbs your opinion doesn't matter.

He is fairly tall. I'm willing to bet his height puts him over that magic line.

OklahomaTuba
2/10/2011, 12:13 PM
Had the original Patriot Act been passed under Obama or Clinton's watch, RLIMC and Tuba and the entire conservative talk radio crowd would have blasted it to no end and the dems would have let is slide.Actually Obama and dims have actually made the PA even stronger than it was before, I still support that. I haven't blasted it one bit.

I also support Obama keeping Gitmo open, which he has done.

More JKJS fail.

JohnnyMack
2/10/2011, 12:21 PM
Actually Obama and dims have actually made the PA even stronger than it was before, I still support that. I haven't blasted it one bit.

More JKJS fail.

Obama authorized the closing of Gitmo. 2 days after he took office. The Democratically controlled Congress is what has kept it open.

delhalew
2/10/2011, 12:35 PM
Obama authorized the closing of Gitmo. 2 days after he took office. The Democratically controlled Congress is what has kept it open.

He authorized it 2 days after taking office. 3 days after he said..."whoops...my bad...".

AlboSooner
2/10/2011, 12:37 PM
He authorized it 2 days after taking office. 3 days after he said..."whoops...my bad...".

For our sake I was glad he backed down from the immediate closure of Gitmo. There are some bad guys in there that shouldn't see US soil.

delhalew
2/10/2011, 12:44 PM
For our sake I was glad he backed down from the immediate closure of Gitmo. There are some bad guys in there that shouldn't see US soil.

I believe it is a hell of a prison, run by one hell of a military. As usual we let a bunch of yahoo paint one embarrassing incident as being the modus operandi of our military at Gitmo.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/10/2011, 04:36 PM
Actually Obama and dims have actually made the PA even stronger than it was before, I still support that. I haven't blasted it one bit.

More JKJS fail.
http://www.leninimports.com/nuremberg_party_rallies_gallery_main_2.jpg
You'd like it there, except they have the Ermachtigungsgesetz instead of the Patriot act

2121Sooner
2/10/2011, 04:54 PM

Is that the reason he won the Nobel Peace prize a couple days later?

soonercruiser
2/10/2011, 10:39 PM
Well, if that is the case and you are no longer a democrat, your username can just be bigfat.....

Only Dems are jerks.

True Story

:D

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 10:28 AM

those guys in gitmo are mostly better off than they were @ home.

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 12:40 PM
Is that the reason he won the Nobel Peace prize a couple days later?

NO! Weren't you paying attention!? He won the Peace prize because he brought world peace. I mean look at what has happened since he took office.

North and South Korea are getting along just fine.
The Middle East has never been more calm.
Iran was convinced to stop going after nuclear weapons to destroy other countries.
Russia is the same old "has been" super power with nothing to worry about with them.
We have China in our pocket.
Venezuela has been nothing but nice to us.

Don't you people get it? He fixed it. If he hasn't fixed it, he will! He just needs time! I mean, it's Bush's fault. Look what he did to us! Obama isn't Superman he can only do so much! Cut him some slack!

2121Sooner
2/11/2011, 01:22 PM
Obama apologist.