PDA

View Full Version : Okay. That was scary

MamaMia
2/8/2011, 07:28 PM
I started out from Woodward, on my way to the doctors office in Midwest City. I made it to Oakwood when it started sleeting really bad. Ice swirls were all over the highway and in the fields. Snow was accumulating at a fast pace. I almost ran into a coyote, slid halfway into a ditch and turned around to drive the 60 miles back home in horrible weather. :(

jumperstop
2/8/2011, 07:30 PM
I started out from Woodward, on my way to the doctors office in Midwest City. I made it to Oakwood when it started sleeting really bad. Ice swirls were all over the highway and in the fields. Snow was accumulating at a fast pace. I almost ran into a coyote, slid halfway into a ditch and turned around to drive the 60 miles back home in horrible weather. :(

Be safe out there. Does that mean it's snowing in Midwest City now? At work and don't get out until 8...fun...

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 07:32 PM
It's bad here too. This morning there was so much dew on my front windshield that I had to wipe it off with a rag before leaving.

jumperstop
2/8/2011, 07:36 PM
It's bad here too. This morning there was so much dew on my front windshield that I had to wipe it off with a rag before leaving.

They make these things for your cars that wipe the water off your windshield for you...don't remember what they are called though. :P :D

soonerchk
2/8/2011, 07:37 PM

That sounds like a whole lot of suck. Be careful!

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 07:43 PM
:gary:

soonerchk
2/8/2011, 07:46 PM
They make these things for your cars that wipe the water off your windshield for you...don't remember what they are called though. :P :D

Don't be mean, he obviously can't afford those fancy accessories.

Boomer.....
2/8/2011, 08:03 PM
Better safe than sorry.

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 08:04 PM

That's optional equipment here in CA.

tcrb
2/8/2011, 08:15 PM
Smart choice...turning around, that is.

oumartin
2/8/2011, 08:28 PM
It's not even snowing here mama! ;)

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2011, 10:06 PM
According to the radar whatever is coming towards OKC is just now hitting around Elk City.

North of OKC is probably getting hit with something.

unbiasedtruth
2/8/2011, 10:24 PM

back in the day about 4-5 miles north of Oakwood we (dad and I and Lester Tatche) would go back west on a section line road that dead-end at Lester's property. Damn good quail hunting up there. Also where I started to turkey hunt. I venture a large part of the rio grande turkeys transplanted in the 70's were captured by the state from that flock. Lester's sister lived about 8-10 miles north of there and always had a fruit and veggie stand on the highway and we hunted there also.

MamaMia
2/9/2011, 03:23 AM
It's not even snowing here mama! ;) Yeah, Papa misses all the tropical weather y'all have at your end of the Field Station. :D

MamaMia
2/9/2011, 03:35 AM
back in the day about 4-5 miles north of Oakwood we (dad and I and Lester Tatche) would go back west on a section line road that dead-end at Lester's property. Damn good quail hunting up there. Also where I started to turkey hunt. I venture a large part of the rio grande turkeys transplanted in the 70's were captured by the state from that flock. Lester's sister lived about 8-10 miles north of there and always had a fruit and veggie stand on the highway and we hunted there also.Yeah, there's some good quail and turkey hunting around this area. When did Lester's sister have that fruit and vegetable stand?

swardboy
2/9/2011, 07:32 AM
Sorry you missed your appointment. Praying that all is going well for you.

unbiasedtruth
2/9/2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, there's some good quail and turkey hunting around this area. When did Lester's sister have that fruit and vegetable stand?

I started quail hunting in 1969 and I think Lester passed away in '80 or 81, So I know they had it in the 70's. My mom and I came back through the badlands from a aunt's funeral in colorado 4-5 years ago and I thought there was a sign still there and I still could find the turnoff to Lester's place.

Lester used to let me camp up there and turkey hunt until a lady was killed and buried on his property in the late 70's. He was worried from then on about me being out there by myself as there was not anyone close by and it was wild, very wild country. You could look off from his place and see the Canadian River bottom a few miles away.

Once he passed away, his widow would still let us quail hunt, but as she said, "lester loved those turkeys" and she wouldnt let me turkey hunt any longer. Guess he never told her that I did. Oh well, dad and I always went quail hunting during turkey season and I still turkey hunted.