PDA

View Full Version : The Warning Commercial from Guvmit Motors

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2011, 02:18 PM
This baby debuted at the Super Bowl. I was sorta shocked and amazed to see it, and was curious about the various takes there might be on this esteemed message board:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kMrfFiS7w

MR2-Sooner86
2/8/2011, 02:24 PM
It's a doubled edged sword. People go out to see Transformers and get to see an hour long Chevy commercial.

2121Sooner
2/8/2011, 02:28 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E1eOPDwUkT0/TAW8hwb5hzI/AAAAAAAAAbw/FZwVUXwWcGU/s1600/Optimus_Obama.jpg

2/8/2011, 05:37 PM
"HOW ABOUT:

"You Tea Partiers can boycott us all you want, but you can't destroy us, 'cause we're the guvmit, and will prop ourselves up with your tax dollars. phooey on youey. Give in and buy what we want you to buy".

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 05:40 PM
"HOW ABOUT:

"You Tea Partiers can boycott us all you want, but you can't destroy us, 'cause we're the guvmit, and will prop ourselves up with your tax dollars. phooey on youey. Give in and buy what we want you to buy".

Who said that? Micheal Steele?

The Profit
2/8/2011, 05:40 PM
"HOW ABOUT:

We don't call them tea partiers. We call them tea-baggers.

2/8/2011, 05:42 PM
We don't call them tea partiers. We call them tea-baggers.Sorry, an oversight.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 05:45 PM
Sorry, an oversight.

No problem. I knew, who you were talking about.

tcrb
2/8/2011, 08:35 PM

Us "tea-baggers" call you libs "tea cups" ;)

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 08:40 PM
Some of us call you both dumb****s.

AlboSooner
2/8/2011, 08:49 PM
I don't think the new SS is that good of a car. The Corvette though, continues to be excellent.

tcrb
2/8/2011, 09:09 PM
Some of us call you both dumb****s.

OUCH! ....so harsh! :D

soonercruiser
2/8/2011, 11:20 PM

And, I call "them" Demoncrats, libs, and regressives!

2/9/2011, 12:30 AM
So, anyone else see any aggression in the commercial? Or, are we supposed to think that the new guvmit motors cars are some kinda badasses that are incredibly well built and powerful?...or what?

Boarder
2/9/2011, 12:35 AM
Sorry, Glenn, no one else seems to get this evil subliminal message that Chevy is somehow mocking the public by saying that they're untouchable.

It's a Transformer. It's Bumblebee. There's no difference between this ad, "Built Ford Tough", "Like a Rock", and "Ram Tough".

But I guess if you keep saying it enough, you'll not only convince yourself but maybe someone else will pick up on it.

picasso
2/9/2011, 12:39 AM
How about it's a ****ty movie?

2/9/2011, 12:53 AM
Sorry, Glenn, no one else seems to get this evil subliminal message that Chevy is somehow mocking the public by saying that they're untouchable.

It's a Transformer. It's Bumblebee. There's no difference between this ad, "Built Ford Tough", "Like a Rock", and "Ram Tough".

But I guess if you keep saying it enough, you'll not only convince yourself but maybe someone else will pick up on it.I thought it was a good ad, in that it got you to think about it, and try to figure out its main message. Bumblebee is a car? how about that, Glenn.

2/9/2011, 01:29 AM
You do realize that lots of folks are boycotting Chrysler and GM, as long as they are owned by the federal govt., don't you? With that being the case, my hypothetical assessment is plausible. I didn't hypothesize that the gubmit was mocking the public. Rather, they would be browbeating the public into buying Gubmit.

yermom
2/9/2011, 01:45 AM
How about it's a ****ty movie?

well, there is that...

i still haven't see the 2nd one

the first one wasn't really that bad if you think about it being a live action version of a cartoon i liked as a kid in grade school

seems that's about the best audience for Michael Bay

rekamrettuB
2/9/2011, 09:56 AM
Why would Bumblebee throw an innocent mascot into the building possibly killing him?

JohnnyMack
2/9/2011, 10:14 AM
This thread is arguably one of the ten stupidest things Rush has ever posted.

Boarder
2/9/2011, 10:29 AM
Oh, Rushy Brown. Of all the tin foil hat wearers in the world, you're the tin foil hattiest!

Boarder
2/9/2011, 10:29 AM
This thread is arguably one of the ten stupidest things Rush has ever posted.
I don't think there's much argument.

49r
2/9/2011, 11:45 AM
This thread is arguably one of the most recent things Rush has ever posted.

FTFY

The Profit
2/9/2011, 11:51 AM
And, I call "them" Demoncrats, libs, and regressives!

And anyone who knows or has met you really could give a shizzle what you think. Aren't you a teabagger, who has been on the government tit his entire working career? Get back to work, I am paying your azz.

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/9/2011, 12:23 PM
And anyone who knows or has met you really could give a shizzle what you think. Aren't you a teabagger, who has been on the government tit his entire working career? Get back to work, I am paying your azz.

Ouch!
:pop:

jdsooner
2/9/2011, 12:55 PM
I was glad to purchase a 2010 Chevy Malibu last fall. I am glad that General Motors is still viable and I applaud the efforts to keep these companies in business. By the way, I really like my Malibu.

okie52
2/9/2011, 12:56 PM

Looks like it is about time for another beer summit luncheon. It appears any hopes of continued good will from the last luncheon have long since dissipated.

2/9/2011, 01:02 PM
This thread is arguably one of the ten stupidest things Rush has ever posted.Beauty Insult. What's your interpretation of the commercial?

JohnnyMack
2/9/2011, 01:11 PM
Beauty Insult. What's your interpretation of the commercial?

Seems like a pretty simple cross-promotion between a product (a Chevy car) and an upcoming movie (Transformers). But then again, I'm not as bat**** crazy as you are, so I guess I could be missing the subtle, underlying attack on America and her values.

soonerscuba
2/9/2011, 01:23 PM
Seems like a pretty simple cross-promotion between a product (a Chevy car) and an upcoming movie (Transformers). But then again, I'm not as bat**** crazy as you are, so I guess I could be missing the subtle, underlying attack on America and her values.I think that people who enjoy terrible movies are probably more inclined to by terrible products, so it makes sense. That or the car in "idle" form represents an America of the past which was steeped in tradition and hard work, the smooth talking salesmen is actually a talisman to the American public who is gifted a speeches but lacks in real world experience, through the power of his voice he transforms the traditional car into a killing machine that attacks the defenseless as represented by the mascot (much like a toy, perhaps a baby toy) by which time the stunned citizens standing around are too afraid to do anything and watch as it transforms back into traditional American values, only this time it seems and looks like America, but hides an insidious government funded, baby killing agenda.

Sooner5030
2/9/2011, 01:23 PM
dear big 3,

please for the love of everything good in this world.....start offering diesel engines in your mid and small sized trucks/SUVs. It's more efficient and unlike batteries provides heat and will not lose HP in the cold.

thank you

The Profit
2/9/2011, 01:27 PM
Looks like it is about time for another beer summit luncheon. It appears any hopes of continued good will from the last luncheon have long since dissipated.

Hey, I am up for it. I am probably gonna see Phil next week in Lawton.

okie52
2/9/2011, 01:29 PM
Hey, I am up for it. I am probably gonna see Phil next week in Lawton.

Tito was on board. Might try to aim for some decent weather, though.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 01:31 PM
Tito was on board. Might try to aim for some decent weather, though.

Hopefully this is the last of the crap weather we are going to get. Hey, does Nick ever post here? What happened to Gaffer? Is he posting anywhere. I definitely need some help in here.

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:43 PM
I thought it was a good ad, in that it got you to think about it, and try to figure out its main message. Bumblebee is a car? how about that, Glenn.

Actually, a bumblebee is a car!
But, a Chrysler.....Dodge Charger Superbee!

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Other/Superbee.JPG

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Other/Superbee%20logo.jpg

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 01:46 PM
Hopefully this is the last of the crap weather we are going to get. Hey, does Nick ever post here? What happened to Gaffer? Is he posting anywhere. I definitely need some help in here.

Roy Orbison knows the feeling....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ4xALSUysc

MR2-Sooner86
2/9/2011, 01:54 PM
dear big 3,

please for the love of everything good in this world.....start offering diesel engines in your mid and small sized trucks/SUVs. It's more efficient and unlike batteries provides heat and will not lose HP in the cold.

thank you

Ford offers a Ranger with a three cylinder diesel. Why don't they sell it in America? It can't pass the emissions test we have.

Also, any alternative fuels, such as biodiesel, have been tarnished by the absolute joke of a cluster fornication being pushed onto us called ethanol.

However, if you're wanting powerful engines with good gas milage, I suggest you look at Ford' EcoBoost family of engines and what they're being offered in. Next year you can get them in a F-150.

okie52
2/9/2011, 02:15 PM

I haven't seen Gaffer post in a few months, particularly after the board change and the elections.

Nick posts some on Landthieves and I think he joined a premium board, too, so he could get away from riffraff like us. But I'll bet he will join us.

Gaffer would definitely help you shoulder some load but maybe he just got worn out on the other board and found one that was a little more sympathetic to his views. Diver Dog is another one that posted on 247 for a while but haven't seen any posts lately by him, either.

Sooner5030
2/9/2011, 06:12 PM
Ford offers a Ranger with a three cylinder diesel. Why don't they sell it in America? It can't pass the emissions test we have.

I also like the Toyota Hilux that I could get in _stan but can't get in the USA.

Also, any alternative fuels, such as biodiesel, have been tarnished by the absolute joke of a cluster fornication being pushed onto us called ethanol.

The common rail fuel systems adopted by the big 3 circa 2002 made it almost impossible to use B100. Also, the ERG and DPF that cummins uses does not allow anything greater than B20.

Sucks that I am looking to trade my 08 1 ton for an older 3rd gen 24 valve cummins without common rail.

yermom
2/9/2011, 06:20 PM
Why would Bumblebee throw an innocent mascot into the building possibly killing him?

why would Bumblebee be a Camaro? :(

Fraggle145
2/9/2011, 06:23 PM
FTFY

Heh.

soonercruiser
2/9/2011, 06:57 PM

Aren't you a mindless liberal, regressive with all the lib lines memorized?
Go scrape some snow off of some frozen Astroturf!

The Profit
2/9/2011, 07:01 PM
Aren't you a mindless liberal, regressive with all the lib lines memorized?
Go scape some snow off of some frozen Astroturf!

And that really made a lot of sense...

2121Sooner
2/9/2011, 09:55 PM

Hold on a second. Arent you one of those Obamatrons that think we have bigger government to take care of everyone and have a massive redistribution of wealth? My man cruiser is simply trying to live the new American dream where gubmint takes care of everyone.

All you are doing is hating your brother profit........ And the more I think about it you are just hating yourself. maybe the sheer mention of the word "profit" makes your skin crawl because that is what Obama hates about a well run company......profits. Tax the crap outta them if they make money......give it to the F'rs that dont work or havent tried to improve their lot in life.....yeah, lets do that.

It's not your fault Profit.........it's not your fault......

http://motivationalsmartass.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/its-not-your-fault.jpg