PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Sooner TV network....

Soonerjeepman
2/8/2011, 09:23 AM
ok..so who'd be willing to purchase said channel on their cable/Sat. package?

I know I would...perfect example was this past Sat bball game...yes it was on the Big12 network..but since I'm up here in KC I got the isu/ksu game...ugh~

Boomer.....
2/8/2011, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure if it will ever happen but I would.

bmjlr
2/8/2011, 09:28 AM
Count me in!

KantoSooner
2/8/2011, 09:35 AM
I would. But how much would I be willing to pay? There's enough going on at OU that they could fill a lot of hours with things other than sports. For instance:
1) Get Poli Sci/Hist/Area Studies profs to give back ground lectures on current hot button issues like Egypt.
2) Have the Fine Arts Dept give a weekly roundup of performances, exhibits around the state.
3) Bring in guest lecturers from OSU to talk about the varied charms of different breeds of sheep and goats.
4)Standard news and weather from the journalism school.

you can see where I"m going with this. I really wouldn't mind a drop off in 'slick-ness' in order to support the university.
A purely sports channel would have less appeal; particularly as football and basketball would be on commercial teevee.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 09:39 AM
Not I.....

Soonerfan88
2/8/2011, 09:54 AM
I'd say it's at least worth the $10/month folks currently pay for SoonerSports All-Access if they could combine the two - a cable channel for live events and then the option to rewatch programs/press conferences online.

Soonerjeepman
2/8/2011, 11:30 AM
guess being in KC I'd prob pay $20 a month...considering I pay $200 plus to come to a game...course...most of the games (football) are on TV anyways..but like bball we get cut out because of regional stuff....I'd watch baseball....heck even vball softball and gymnastics....

guess I'd rather watch some OU sports than most any other thing if I'm going to watch TV...

sperry
2/8/2011, 12:12 PM
Would depend what was on it. If they televised every basketball and baseball game live, I might be interested. If it's all tape delays and coaches shows and wrasslin and gymnastics, no thanks.

Soonermagik
2/8/2011, 12:29 PM
I'd be willing to pay $5 a month or so. However, I would want interviews with players, recruiting information, behind the scenes videos etc..

OU Engineer
2/8/2011, 12:34 PM
I would. But how much would I be willing to pay? There's enough going on at OU that they could fill a lot of hours with things other than sports. For instance:
1) Get Poli Sci/Hist/Area Studies profs to give back ground lectures on current hot button issues like Egypt.
2) Have the Fine Arts Dept give a weekly roundup of performances, exhibits around the state.
3) Bring in guest lecturers from OSU to talk about the varied charms of different breeds of sheep and goats.
4)Standard news and weather from the journalism school.

you can see where I"m going with this. I really wouldn't mind a drop off in 'slick-ness' in order to support the university.
A purely sports channel would have less appeal; particularly as football and basketball would be on commercial teevee.

So essentially you want the OU local access channel with sports added?

It amazes me that some of those journalism students grow up to be succesful when they cant put a sentence together on there.

Edit: And yes I would totally pay for a Sooner TV channel if a good portion of the cost went straight to the Unviersity/ Athletics Department/ Endowment. (Lest we forget all are seperate entities)

KantoSooner
2/8/2011, 12:36 PM
Basically, you're right. I think they need to upgrade the local access, though.

Just clips of the fencing club working out and the volleyball squad games are not making compelling teevee.

SoonerMom2
2/8/2011, 12:59 PM
I would pay to not have to listen to the Big 12 OSU homer announcers like we had on Saturday.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/8/2011, 01:01 PM
Hopefully Directv will add it to their sports package. I would love to catch more basketball and baseball games.

ouwino
2/8/2011, 01:57 PM
i would pay $30 per month for it. as long as it had baseball, softball, women's basketball, wrestling, volleyball, etc, etc, plus all the playback and football coaches shows.

KantoSooner
2/8/2011, 02:01 PM
Soonerfans could have a show on Saturday mornings. Kind of a cross between a rescreening of highlights from last week and 'Mystery Theatre 3,000'.
5-10 of our most stellar posters, coupla cases of beer (for rehydration), lots of bloody marys (for inspiration). The show would write itself.

Soonerwake
2/8/2011, 02:21 PM
Soonerfans could have a show on Saturday mornings. Kind of a cross between a rescreening of highlights from last week and 'Mystery Theatre 3,000'.
5-10 of our most stellar posters, coupla cases of beer (for rehydration), lots of bloody marys (for inspiration). The show would write itself.

Except that we would never ever be on topic..

KantoSooner
2/8/2011, 02:38 PM
Topic is overrated. I'm going for an effect known as 'Wall Of Blather'.

Octavian
2/8/2011, 03:22 PM
yes, of course

stoopified
2/8/2011, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't want to pay more than $20 a month.

MeMyself&Me
2/8/2011, 04:06 PM
Whether it's an HD or SD channel would make a big difference to me both in level of interest and how much I'd be willing to pay.

AlboSooner
2/8/2011, 04:35 PM
I would

olevetonahill
2/8/2011, 04:49 PM
Ive said many times, If the ball dont bounce funny i aint interested. So NO

Soonermagik
2/8/2011, 04:54 PM
Ive said many times, If the ball dont bounce funny i aint interested. So NO

I'm sure the vast majority of the network would be devoted to football. By the way, where do you come up with all these 1930's sayings?