Mobits
2/7/2011, 03:49 PM
Cowboys = America's Team.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/7/2011, 03:52 PM
Heh.

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 03:53 PM
Only a complete dumbass would start another stupid thread about the POS kaboys without at least saying "congrats to the Packers on your 13th NFL championship." Cowboys = ancient history

agoo758
2/7/2011, 03:58 PM
Hasn't this stupid argument already been refuted multiple times? Have the Cowboys STILL not figured out that the NFL existed decades before the first Superbowl and that the Packers won numerous championships during that time period? How can you guys be America's team when you don't even understand the Nfl's most basic history?

rekamrettuB
2/7/2011, 03:59 PM
Pittsburgh 6. So what?

Congrats Pck and fans. That team took advantage of turnovers and made some big plays defensively when they had to. With all the injuries they faced through the year it was truly a magical season for them. If they could get a running game going they would be an incredible team going forward.

badger
2/7/2011, 04:02 PM
look, I know that OU likes to say "most wins of the modern era," but we also acknowledge that there was championships before the BCS decided them.

Thus, I think it is very important to recognize not just Super Bowl victories, but all championship victories.

As such, Dallas is still pwn3d by Pittsburgh in that regard, even if they beat them in Super Bowl XXX. Pittsburgh > Dallas.

And then, we beat Pittsburgh yesterday and have more championships, so Green Bay > Pittsburgh.

Long story short, Green Bay > Dallas. Don't even taunt man. You are #1 in nothing, except "Most fans screwed outta Super Bowl seats as a host team."

agoo758
2/7/2011, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, another thing I'd like to point out. Dallas's record vs Pitt. 1-2.

Our Record vs Pitt. 1-0.

Except, I actually respect the Black and Gold, the Cowgirls are a bunch of whiny prissy weenies who drink Zima at parties.

TUSooner
2/7/2011, 04:09 PM
Cowboys = America's Team.

If so, America is a dumbass.

Chuck Bao
2/7/2011, 04:12 PM
The truth hurts, but the Dallas Cowboys still sell more merchandise than any other in the NFL, 25% of the total if I remember correctly. That is inspite of the crappy teams that they have recently put out on the field. That is America's team - at least out sell if you can't out play.

agoo758
2/7/2011, 04:13 PM
One of my favorite quotes:

Former 49ers receiver Dwight Clark on the 1981 NFC title game against the Dallas Cowboys: "You (Cowboys) claim to be America's team. Well then you can stay home with the rest of America and watch the Superbowl." :D

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 04:18 PM
The truth hurts, but the Dallas Cowboys still sell more merchandise than any other in the NFL, 25% of the total if I remember correctly. That is inspite of the crappy teams that they have recently put out on the field. That is America's team - at least out sell if you can't out play.

Which sounds just like UT. They outsell everybody on gear too. So I guess Dallas = UT. Cowboys are whorns. Nasty.

tfoolry
2/7/2011, 04:22 PM
I'm just glad I live in Dallas & not Green Bay or Pittsburgh.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/rubG.jpg

agoo758
2/7/2011, 04:25 PM

Those women are about twice as good looking as the prettiest woman in Dallas.

Soonerson1975
2/7/2011, 04:29 PM

They wasn't there to start any trouble, they just came to do the Super Bowl shuffle.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/7/2011, 04:30 PM
Mobits may be the greatest poster...evar

agoo758
2/7/2011, 04:35 PM
Mobits may be the greatest poster...evar

The BCS computers show that he beats OUDAVID out for number one in "easiest to rip apart" even though davey has more first place votes in the coaches poll.:pop:

tfoolry
2/7/2011, 04:52 PM
Those women are about twice as good looking as the prettiest woman in Dallas.

I'd hate to see what you consider good looking :eek:

XingTheRubicon
2/7/2011, 04:58 PM

what are those 2 things on the right?

ouwino
2/7/2011, 05:00 PM
steelers 6 > cowboys 5. simple math for simple minds.

tfoolry
2/7/2011, 05:01 PM

They were in town from Natchitoches, LA. :D

KantoSooner
2/7/2011, 05:07 PM
You can say many critical things about Dallas. Claiming that there are no good looking women there, however, is abject crazy talk.

rekamrettuB
2/7/2011, 05:18 PM

One of them is Kevin Greene.

tfoolry
2/7/2011, 05:35 PM
You can say many critical things about Dallas. Claiming that there are no good looking women there, however, is abject crazy talk.

Here are some Dallas girls @ a SB Party.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/SBParty.jpg

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 05:48 PM
Pittsburgh 6. So what?

Congrats Pck and fans. That team took advantage of turnovers and made some big plays defensively when they had to. With all the injuries they faced through the year it was truly a magical season for them. If they could get a running game going they would be an incredible team going forward.

And a QB that doesnt continue to F it up in the Super Bowl. Outside of the Arizona game where he played ok, he has sucked in the Super Bowl.

He had a 22 qb rating against Seattle and a 77 last night. I bet he was in the 80's or 90's for his game two years ago, but that was against a team from the NFC west so that doesnt count. Cause all I hear is how weak the NFC west is.

And last night when I saw Rapelisberger pointing to the sky after a good play it made me laugh. I think he was pointing to the upper sections of Cowboy Stadium to his attorney and thanking him for keeping him in the league.

What a F'ing tool he is.

KantoSooner
2/7/2011, 05:56 PM
What made it funnier was that Bradshaw had fingered him as the guy who was going to win the game for Pittsburgh.

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 06:02 PM
Harrison was non existent too last night? WTF?!?!?! I thought he was going to knock Rogers out of the game.

Only sack he had was after he got driven to the ground and then didnt give up on the play and Rogers basically ran into him.

Then I loved near the start of the 2nd half when they had the phantom face mask penalty against Green Bay to give the Steelers another 15 yards like the refs at halftime figured they needed to do more for the Steelers.

And Tfoolry needs to post more pics or PM them to me. Thanks in advance.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/7/2011, 06:06 PM
Pittsburgh 6. So what?

Congrats Pck and fans. That team took advantage of turnovers and made some big plays defensively when they had to. With all the injuries they faced through the year it was truly a magical season for them. If they could get a running game going they would be an incredible team going forward.something along those lines, there. yeah, congrats pack.

2/7/2011, 06:07 PM
The truth hurts, but the Dallas Cowboys still sell more merchandise than any other in the NFL, 25% of the total if I remember correctly. That is inspite of the crappy teams that they have recently put out on the field. That is America's team - at least out sell if you can't out play.There ya go, Chuck!

badger
2/7/2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah, and despite "If Colt woulda played" losing the nat'l title game to Bammer and a 5-7 season, UT can still sell their burnt orange crap and a crappy TV network, so I suppose that make them America's college team? ;)

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 06:40 PM
No, that makes them Texas's team

I grew up a Cowboys fan and they will always be America's team. Regardless of how poorly they play. Sorry Badger. You might have the Super Bowl trophy this year, but you will never have America's heart.

The fedora'd one made sure that would never be the case.

Mobits
2/7/2011, 06:53 PM
I love getting you guys all wound up! This is too easy! Especially for those of you with 20,000+ posts! (Seriously, do you guys have lives? ...that is a 100% honest question. I know one admin on here who has an average of 10 posts per day over the last 8 years... that's gotta be talk show material!)

Ok, let's see if I can keep this party going... I'll try and come back later tonight or tomorrow and check on your progress - don't let me down!

Where to begin.... Ah, GB fans - nobody (except GB fans) gives a rats a$$ about your "NFL Championships" from the 19 friggin 20's. But, I guess that's what you need to make yourselves feel superior to the Cowboys. The Cowboys didn't even exist until 1950, yet has won more Super Bowls than GB (5), has a 4-2 record vs GB in the playoffs, and I can pretty much guarantee has owned GB for as long as you've been alive. I can understand that you guys are bitter about getting your a$$es "packed" by the 'Boys for all these years of your life, but it's probably healthy to start moving on from that. Yes, GB beat Dallas this year (anomaly), and yes Dallas had a down year, but they'll be back and bending you over again soon.

Dallas 5, GB 4.

Eat it.

Boomer.

badger
2/7/2011, 06:56 PM
:rolleyes: let's just end with this: you've enjoyed your super bowls. let us enjoy ours.

Mobits
2/7/2011, 06:57 PM

ps: also the #1 highest valued sports franchise in the US, and the 2nd highest valued sports franchise in the world.

:texan:

Judge Smails
2/7/2011, 07:08 PM

Yikes.

Judge Smails
2/7/2011, 07:10 PM
I love getting you guys all wound up! This is too easy! Especially for those of you with 20,000+ posts! (Seriously, do you guys have lives? ...that is a 100% honest question. I know one admin on here who has an average of 10 posts per day over the last 8 years... that's gotta be talk show material!)

Ok, let's see if I can keep this party going... I'll try and come back later tonight or tomorrow and check on your progress - don't let me down!

Where to begin.... Ah, GB fans - nobody (except GB fans) gives a rats a$$ about your "NFL Championships" from the 19 friggin 20's. But, I guess that's what you need to make yourselves feel superior to the Cowboys. The Cowboys didn't even exist until 1950, yet has won more Super Bowls than GB (5), has a 4-2 record vs GB in the playoffs, and I can pretty much guarantee has owned GB for as long as you've been alive. I can understand that you guys are bitter about getting your a$$es "packed" by the 'Boys for all these years of your life, but it's probably healthy to start moving on from that. Yes, GB beat Dallas this year (anomaly), and yes Dallas had a down year, but they'll be back and bending you over again soon.

Dallas 5, GB 4.

Eat it.

Boomer.

Enough with the Brokeback Mountain references...

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 07:13 PM
Enough with the Brokeback Mountain references...

But having a post with two trannys and a fat blonde tub of goo with a "rug my G spot" is acceptable posting?

Good to know........

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 07:23 PM
Dallas is the Princeton of the NFL. A lot of championships, but...

BoulderSooner79
2/7/2011, 08:02 PM
ps: also the #1 highest valued sports franchise in the US, and the 2nd highest valued sports franchise in the world.

All that proves is that America's team's fans are willing to shovel their money into Jerry Jones' pocket. I must not be part of America then.

A Sooner in Texas
2/7/2011, 08:11 PM
When I think of the Cowboys, I think of all the money that's been poured into the black hole that team has become in recent years with nothing to show for it. Did they forget how to play good football? Or is it because they didn't have the strong foundation and tradition that the Packers have.

And I don't even care about pro football, but.......

GO PACK!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/7/2011, 08:42 PM
look, I know that OU likes to say "most wins of the modern era," but we also acknowledge that there was championships before the BCS decided them.

Thus, I think it is very important to recognize not just Super Bowl victories, but all championship victories.

As such, Dallas is still pwn3d by Pittsburgh in that regard, even if they beat them in Super Bowl XXX. Pittsburgh > Dallas.

And then, we beat Pittsburgh yesterday and have more championships, so Green Bay > Pittsburgh.

Long story short, Green Bay > Dallas. Don't even taunt man. You are #1 in nothing, except "Most fans screwed outta Super Bowl seats as a host team."
Nice use of the transitive property. Especially since its true!

trwxxa
2/7/2011, 08:49 PM
I must say I am impressed that Dallas still has the following it has considering they haven't done squat for 15 years. Heck, there have been 11 NFC teams that have been to the Super Bowl since the Cowboys last appearance, which was 15 years ago. 15 years.

With that said, I don't see much of today's youth wearing Cowboys gear so the end is on its way. We all just need Jerrah to stick around a while longer and completely douse the flame.

SoonerDood
2/7/2011, 10:03 PM
Ah yes, Cowboy fans showing why the rest of the nation hates the Cowboys (fans). I'm glad they could witness one of their ancient rivals win a Super Bowl in their stadium. While their team finished last I might add.

Mobits
2/7/2011, 11:46 PM
Ah yes, Cowboy fans showing why the rest of the nation hates the Cowboys (fans). I'm glad they could witness one of their ancient rivals win a Super Bowl in their stadium. While their team finished last I might add.

The Cowboys finished last? In what?

5-4.

Mobits
2/7/2011, 11:57 PM
I must say I am impressed that Dallas still has the following it has considering they haven't done squat for 15 years. Heck, there have been 11 NFC teams that have been to the Super Bowl since the Cowboys last appearance, which was 15 years ago. 15 years.

With that said, I don't see much of today's youth wearing Cowboys gear so the end is on its way. We all just need Jerrah to stick around a while longer and completely douse the flame.
So... you're saying that if a team hasn't been to it's championship game in a period of 15 years, that their fans should quit? Please, tell me there aren't OU fans out there that are this stupid.

Oh well, bottom line: Cowboys 5, Packers 4.

:pop:

SoonerDood
2/8/2011, 12:25 AM
The Cowboys finished last? In what?

5-4.

Last in the NFC East?? You know, that division you play in.
5-4. Keep throwing records around like that and people might think you're a Texas fan.:texan:

oudavid1
2/8/2011, 01:51 AM
AS A TITANS FAN
and a fan of football in general.......

I congraduate the Green Bay Packers and Packer fans. I hope you all get to enjoy this monumental accomplishment.

Mobits
2/8/2011, 02:44 AM
Last in the NFC East?? You know, that division you play in.
5-4. Keep throwing records around like that and people might think you're a Texas fan.:texan:
Thanks for making a point of your stupidity. Dallas finished 3rd in the NFC East there genius, Washington finished last.

But, I guess you can't expect much from someone who can't even spell "dude" correctly.

Owned.

5-4

Mobits
2/8/2011, 02:48 AM
AS A TITANS FAN
and a fan of football in general.......

I congraduate the Green Bay Packers and Packer fans. I hope you all get to enjoy this monumental accomplishment.
I actually agree with this... I just like giving some of the morons on this board a hard time :P ...so easy, so fun; yet disheartening that fellow sooner fans can be so easily riled!

5-4

CrimsonRez
2/8/2011, 05:12 AM
Dallas sucks end of story, just cause you have a star on your helmet and three good seasons in a row does not in any way shape or form make you "America's Team" Down here in El Paso, there are a bunch of cowboy fans but what I have noticed is that there are a LOT more Denver and Pittsburgh fans. So if you're not even liked in your own state what makes you think the rest of America likes you?

olevetonahill
2/8/2011, 08:58 AM

And this translates to Your self worth , HOW?
Never been a Cowboy Fan , Hell aint a fan of Pro ball at all,
But I did admire Tom Landry. After the way Jimmy and Jerry treated him , Ive hated em to the point that during the pre game shows they had on all dayum day, When the segment with those two POS Came on I changed channels :pop:

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 09:12 AM
Mobits is on a little sabbatical.

olevetonahill
2/8/2011, 09:15 AM

Yer gettin mighty tolerant in yer old age :D

OULenexaman
2/8/2011, 09:18 AM
bout ****ing time...

stoops the eternal pimp
2/8/2011, 09:20 AM
counting only superbowl wins as the NFL championship is like counting BCS Bowl games as the only NCs in the history of college football

mehip
2/8/2011, 09:59 AM
And the cows still suck.

sooneron
2/8/2011, 10:12 AM
Which sounds just like UT. They outsell everybody on gear too. So I guess Dallas = UT. Cowboys are whorns. Nasty.
I was thinking the exact same thing. The OP's post sounds very whorn like. Sorta like after an OU win in Dallas...

Whorn: "yadda yadda yadda 51-49..."
:rolleyes:

I'm not even a GB fan.

tfoolry
2/8/2011, 10:47 AM
There's only one team that can wear the Blue Star, which represents class, America's Team & America's best city. Packer fans can rub that woman's G spot like her t-shirt says. :D

OULenexaman
2/8/2011, 10:52 AM
mobits awaits you on the other side...

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 10:56 AM
There's only one team that can wear the Blue Star, which represents class, America's Team & America's best city. Packer fans can rub that woman's G spot like her t-shirt says. :D

Yeah boy, nothing screams "class" like the Jerry and Romo show down in Big-D. Nothing says "class" more than a two-bit dip**** kaboy fan acting EXACTLY like a POS whorn.

Jerry Jones has managed to ruin what was was a great franchise. It's a shell of it's former self, and Tom Landry is doing summersauts in his grave.

badger
2/8/2011, 11:17 AM
I wonder if Jerry Jones will someday sink the 'Boys to the level Al Davis has sunk the Raiders. Two old, senile crazy fans still thinking that they're on top even without their legendary coaches at the helm anymore.

Everytime they cut to JJ's suite, it was just like... wow. You could probably hear a pin drop in there. The Jerry glare as the Boys trail by more and more... everyone else on pins and needles, probably afraid that if they made a noise they'd lose their trust fund, inheritance and cushy suck-up-to-Jerry job or whatever.

I will admit, that I have despised the Cowboys since grade school. We should have been the ones beating the Steelers in Super Bowl XXX, not Dallas. There was no team I wanted to beat more in the mid-90s than Big D.

Then... the suckitude. It might still be fun to beat the Cowboys, but since everyone does it, not really that big of a deal anymore.

Anyway, enjoy your sabbatical from SF.com. It's cool to be a fan of your own NFL team. No reason why you can't love your own team without trashing other teams along the way, especially the one that just won the effing Super Bowl.

NormanPride
2/8/2011, 12:48 PM
Only Dallas fans talk trash to the overachieving super bowl champs after being the most disappointing team in a decade or more.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/8/2011, 12:59 PM
Congrats to the Packers for winning the Super Bowl.

But shouldn't a slap fight between brokeback fans and packer backers be merged into the Gay Pride thread on the SO?

jdsooner
2/8/2011, 01:28 PM
GO PACK GO!

Wishboned
2/8/2011, 04:02 PM

C&CDean 1, Mobits 0

BoulderSooner79
2/8/2011, 05:34 PM

So let it be written... so let it be done.

Always_Sooner
2/8/2011, 07:46 PM
Cowboys still have the biggest following and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 08:23 PM
Cowboys still have the biggest following and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Following of what?

mightysooner
2/8/2011, 08:33 PM
at least out sell if you can't out play.

Maybe that's why other teams don't care about how much merch they sell compared to Dallas. They're all too busy "out playing" them.

trwxxa
2/8/2011, 09:11 PM
So... you're saying that if a team hasn't been to it's championship game in a period of 15 years, that their fans should quit? Please, tell me there aren't OU fans out there that are this stupid.

Oh well, bottom line: Cowboys 5, Packers 4.

They're called t-shirt fans. OU fans are used to them since we see them every year in Dallas wearing Orange. Eventually they move on to the next winner.:texan:

Perhaps someday you will get to read this.

Redshirt
2/8/2011, 11:30 PM
C&Cbean is still a redneck.

GrapevineSooner
2/8/2011, 11:40 PM
Congrats to the Pack for winning their 4th Super Bowl by beating Pittsburgh...and the refs. ;)

And yes, I'm still bitter as a football fan at how SB 40 went down.

2/9/2011, 12:35 AM
counting only superbowl wins as the NFL championship is like counting BCS Bowl games as the only NCs in the history of college footballno shiite. That's why I was pulling for the Steelers. GB has too many Football titles.

agoo758
2/9/2011, 12:36 AM
Congrats to the Pack for winning their 4th Super Bowl by beating Pittsburgh...and the refs. ;)

And yes, I'm still bitter as a football fan at how SB 40 went down.

Easily one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.

picasso
2/9/2011, 12:42 AM
Here are some Dallas skanks @ a SB Party.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/SBParty.jpg

Fixed.

2/9/2011, 12:49 AM

And yes, I'm still bitter as a football fan at how SB 40 went down.I think there were 3 bad calls I saw, and they all went Pittsburg's way. I wanted the Steelers to win, but GB did get screwed by the refs.

RedstickSooner
2/9/2011, 01:37 AM

Actually, Badger, I got to disagree with how you're starting your argument here -- the NFL had championships before the Superduperbowl, but college football didn't have championships before the modern era. That's why we look down our noses at the silly schools claiming "national championships" from, say, the 1920s. Those simply didn't exist. The AP started their poll and declaring a champion (or a #1 team, maybe "champion" is the wrong word) in 1936.

Everything from before then is some rickdiculous made up trophy awarded by some dork, or group of dorks :)

Heck, what's even worse is when those dorks decide to "award" a national title to a team after 1936 when that team didn't finish the season at the top of the AP poll. At that point they've gone so far off the reservation, they're simply pulling things out of their butt. It's insulting to the past, because it has an unspoken assumption: That they somehow know better how a season went in the distant past than the people actively involved in that season at the time. I hate revisionist history.

So, to put it another way, the fact that we insist on recognizing only *real* championships, that doesn't mean we have some moral imperative to only recognize superduperbowl championships.

And, hopefully you don't mind my complaining here -- I'm not trying to complain at you or anything. Just defending our real championships from the nimrods who would, given their druthers, hand everyone a trophy and end up with 300 national titles collectively won over the course of 120 years of play :D

Always_Sooner
2/9/2011, 03:37 AM
Following of what?

Well when you ask following I refer to ratings, merchandise sold, nationally televised games, most national coverage (positive or negative), Biggest NFL market, objective media similar to the way the media is objective towards OU, Franchise net worth, Road game attendance (opponents call those Cowboys fans in road cities roaches). You have an owner that sucks as a GM, but is a heck of a business man and marketer.

Let's face it they are either loved or hated. There is really no in between. I stick with them win or loose and always will. Dallas till I die. At least Cowboys fan have the bar set high. I refuse to make excuses though. I read an article that compared the current roster of Dallas to that of Green Bay, and even with Green Bay's depletion of injuries you would still take them in numerous areas. I thought that Dallas was overrated in a couple of areas to start last season.

#1 Offensive line (Free was the only bright spot) The rest of the lines it too old, and they did nothing to improve the quality and depth.
#2 Secondary was terrible. Your two pro bowl corners you had coming in were inconsistent, and Scandrick was not much. The only bright spot was Mccan the rookie free agent from SMU.

Results from those two areas. The offensive line didn't protect any QB back there playing. The run game production went down from last season as well. When you don't control the clock and protect your QB you are going to loose.

Then, on the defensive side Spencer is pretty much a bust. Then, defensive end play was terrible. The only two studs that played regardless of the outcome was ware and Ratliff everyone else should honestly be evaluated.

olevetonahill
2/9/2011, 08:25 AM
Guess there is an In between for me, Cuase I dont hate the Cowboys nor do i love em . Im more a MEH kinda dude, Now as to Jerry an Jimmy those 2 i cant ****in stand ;)

Ruf/Nek7
2/9/2011, 11:19 AM
Only a complete dumbass would start another stupid thread about the POS kaboys without at least saying "congrats to the Packers on your 13th NFL championship." Cowboys = ancient history

Last I checked most of those Championships were "ancient history". Well before the league became more competitive with teams like, oh I dont know.....THE COWBOYS!

Also, who is the ONLY team in the NFL that has their own marketing and merchandising license seperate of the NFL? America's Team!

badger
2/9/2011, 11:24 AM
Actually, Badger, I got to disagree with how you're starting your argument here -- the NFL had championships before the Superduperbowl, but college football didn't have championships before the modern era. That's why we look down our noses at the silly schools claiming "national championships" from, say, the 1920s. Those simply didn't exist. The AP started their poll and declaring a champion (or a #1 team, maybe "champion" is the wrong word) in 1936.

I'm using that as a time reference. The NFL, with the exception of the first dozen years of existence, has always staged a championship game and was not determined by the polls or the records of teams for the most part:

In 1933, the NFL played its first official championship game.[2] On July 8, 1933, the NFL was divided into two divisions, which were renamed as conferences after 1949, and the winners of each division/conference played each other to determine the league champion.[2] This format would remain through the 1966 season. Any ties in the regular season standings resulted in a playoff game, while the winner of the other conference stood idle. This last occurred in 1965.

In 1967, the then-16-team NFL split each conference into two divisions of four teams each. From 1967–69, the division winners met in a conference championship game. The two conference champions then played for the NFL championship. Starting with the 1966 season, the NFL champion played the American Football League champion in what would become the Super Bowl.[1]

I used the BCS as a time reference, as in, yeah, the BCS and the Super Bowl are the current, more recent forms of determining a champion, but that doesn't mean we should discount earlier championships earned.

jdsooner
2/9/2011, 12:49 PM
When I was a kid I hated Texas because they beat OU too much. I did not want to cheer for any team from Texas, so I refused to be a Cowboy fan. I chose Green Bay as my team because they gave the Cowboys fits. The only Packer game I have attended was in Dallas and the Packers (who were terrible at the time) upset the Cowboys. I am still a Packer Backer and I am very glad that Aaron Rogers has put the ghost of Brett Favre to rest. I'll bet Favre is very jealous down in Mississippi. I also think the Cowboy meltdown this year and their failure to appear in the Super Bowl at Jerry's World was hilarious.

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 12:53 PM
Last I checked most of those Championships were "ancient history". Well before the league became more competitive with teams like, oh I dont know.....THE COWBOYS!

Also, who is the ONLY team in the NFL that has their own marketing and merchandising license seperate of the NFL? America's Team!

Only whorns use the "ancient history" argument. Only whorns have their own marketing and merchandising deal. Whorns = Cowboys. Pretty simple math.

tfoolry
2/9/2011, 01:24 PM
There are plenty of us out there that are Sooner AND Dallas Cowboy fans. I'm sure Fox in OKC & Tulsa picks up all the Cowboy games & very few Packer games. Whether you like em or not, America's Team is a draw in Okla. :texan:

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 01:46 PM
Which just gets back to the point here. No Green Bay fan I know wants to be called America's team. It's a lame, worn out cliche.

Yes, kaboy paraphernalia outsells everybody elses. BFD. I'm in DC, and there's tons of Redskin, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, and Dallas crap in every store. So what? The OP was stating Dallas was > GB based on 5 vs. 4 championships when in reality, it's 5 vs. 13. That's it.

Keep your crappy title. It's faded, tarnished, cracked, and fake. In fact, your beloved boys ain't won a SB since King Barrah was there. Green Bay has won 2 (and played in 3) since Dallas won or played in it's last. Ancient history? We got it. Current history? We got it. Y'all ain't got it.

Chuck Bao
2/9/2011, 02:05 PM
There are plenty of us out there that are Sooner AND Dallas Cowboy fans. I'm sure Fox in OKC & Tulsa picks up all the Cowboy games & very few Packer games. Whether you like em or not, America's Team is a draw in Okla. :texan:

My family is one of those big on the Sooners on Saturday and the Cowboys on Sunday. I've caught one of those chartered buses leaving Ardmore for a Cowboys game a time or two when I've been home. My aunt and uncle, both Okies, were season ticket holders from the start of the franchise. My brother's favorite memory of his grandpa was being taken to a Cowboys game against the Packers and seeing Bart Starr play.

But, as a life-long Cowboys fan, give it up to the Packers.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/9/2011, 02:11 PM
Why are you losers arguing about the NFL? College football is life and death. The NFL is just for fun. Gah!

tfoolry
2/9/2011, 02:32 PM
Why are you losers arguing about the NFL? College football is life and death. The NFL is just for fun. Gah!

Absolutely. As much as I love the Blue Star, I try & make at least two OU games every year compared to no Cowboys games. Nothing compares to Norman on football Sat....except the Cotton Bowl after beating texass. Hook em

C&CDean
2/9/2011, 03:04 PM
Ah, something we can agree on.