PDA

View Full Version : Ive figured it out!

Collier11
2/7/2011, 11:55 AM
The reason some of you dont like beans in chili, cus most of you all are old and dont trust yourself to fart after eating it.

You all are crazy, I just made a batch on Friday with beans and it is delish

WichitaSooner
2/7/2011, 12:06 PM
I was 100% behind you... until you dropped a "delish" in there... completely ruined it...

The Profit
2/7/2011, 12:16 PM
The reason some of you dont like beans in chili, cus most of you all are old and dont trust yourself to fart after eating it.

You all are crazy, I just made a batch on Friday with beans and it is delish

An an oldtimer myself, I believe you are confusing avoiding a fart with trusting a fart.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/7/2011, 12:18 PM
Sharting is my favorite

jumperstop
2/7/2011, 12:20 PM
I fart a lot without the beans, so **** it, throw on in there.

OULenexaman
2/7/2011, 12:22 PM
NO BEANS DAMMMNITT!!! That has nothing to do with the fart trusting stuff....

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 12:25 PM
I was 100% behind you... until you dropped a "delish" in there... completely ruined it...

It could have been worse. He could have called it fabulous.

sooner59
2/7/2011, 01:50 PM
I like chili with and without beans. Depends on the mood I'm in.

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 02:02 PM
People have this whole beans/no beans debate all twisted outta whack around here. We've discussed it ad nauseum, and here's the deal:

Chili tastes good. With or without beans. Momma makes hers with beans for the tailgates cause she cares about everybody's colon. It tastes good.

That being said, true chili never has beans. It ain't my rule, it's THE rules. You can call the stuff with beans in it whatever you want, but in a REAL chili cook-off, beans will disqualify you.

I like it both ways. On a hot dog, I prefer no beans. In a bowl over cornbread or fritos I like a few beans in there. But it's really a chili casserole if it's got beans.

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 02:02 PM
and by tastes good I ain't talking about y'all's colons.

Sooner_Bob
2/7/2011, 02:21 PM
I like it both ways.

Hmmmmmmm . . . :gary:

Collier11
2/7/2011, 02:25 PM
Knew that was coming :D

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 02:26 PM
Taco Bell makes the best chili.

Collier11
2/7/2011, 02:27 PM
trying too hard

Fraggle145
2/7/2011, 02:44 PM
On a hot dog, I prefer no beans.

How'd you get the beans above the frank?!

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsD/4235-24020.gif

Oldnslo
2/7/2011, 02:51 PM
If you're going to have beans, have beans. They're especially good with a side of cornbread. Or, if having red beans, enjoy them with rice (and andouille sausage, of course).

But, if you're making chili, real honest-to-the-good-Lord-above chili, there are no beans.

Oz has spoken!

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 02:54 PM
Pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

unbiasedtruth
2/7/2011, 04:37 PM
damn this topic and discussion almost caused a divorce in my house. the Mrs. likes beans in her chili and I told her its not chili then as you are adding veggies to it and that once that is done it is now soup.

Chili is this and only this..... meat, spices and a little water. thats it period. not even a tomato product....

and like Dean said, went to and entered many a chili cookoff back in the day and I swear to god, if someone brought a sample to be judged and it had beans in it, it wasnt even tasted, thrown right in the trash...

The Profit
2/7/2011, 04:45 PM
damn this topic and discussion almost caused a divorce in my house. the Mrs. likes beans in her chili and I told her its not chili then as you are adding veggies to it and that once that is done it is now soup.

Chili is this and only this..... meat, spices and a little water. thats it period. not even a tomato product....

and like Dean said, went to and entered many a chili cookoff back in the day and I swear to god, if someone brought a sample to be judged and it had beans in it, it wasnt even tasted, thrown right in the trash...

Does "the Mrs." fart much?

Sooner_Bob
2/7/2011, 04:53 PM
meat, spices and a little water is freakin' soup . . .

soonerboy_odanorth
2/7/2011, 05:01 PM

Beans aren't veggies. They're LEGUMES! Jackass! :D ;)

btk108
2/7/2011, 07:00 PM
C11....man card....now! No beans and you said "delish"

soonerchk
2/7/2011, 07:03 PM
I like black beans in my chili, and tomatoes, and sometimes I even like ketchup on top. If you come to my house and expect me to cook, you'll eat it at like it!

btk108
2/7/2011, 07:04 PM
I like black bean in my chili, and tomatoes, and sometimes I even like ketchup on top. If you come to my house and expect me to cook, you'll eat it at like it!

Don't be racist about the beans.....

soonerchk
2/7/2011, 07:06 PM
Don't be racist about the beans.....

Yeah, I'd take it to the football board if that was where I wanted to go. :eyeroll

AlbqSooner
2/7/2011, 08:56 PM
All this uproar about chili and beans or just plain chili. If you really want to throw a monkey wrench in the works, move to New Mexico.

BTK visited here and went to a diner and told them he wanted a chili dog. They asked him, "Red or Green". He asked a couple more times and got the same question each time. Finally his bro-in-law told him to order something else. Said he would not have wanted what they called a chili dog.

They were referring to a hot dog with diced green chilis or diced red chilis on it.

Chili con carne is hard to get here unless you make it yourself or buy the canned crap.

Oh, this thread also provides one more reason to question the reasoning of leroy limptard. (see above);) :D

A Sooner in Texas
2/7/2011, 09:09 PM
Panera Bread has some pretty good chili goin' on right now, made from steak. There's a few beans, but they're easy to move around. Cause I believe beans just take up room that rightfully belongs to red meat.
And the Panera Bread chili comes with cornbread croutons. It's pretty delish. Which I can say cause I'm a girl.

Fraggle145
2/7/2011, 09:28 PM
All this uproar about chili and beans or just plain chili. If you really want to throw a monkey wrench in the works, move to New Mexico.

BTK visited here and went to a diner and told them he wanted a chili dog. They asked him, "Red or Green". He asked a couple more times and got the same question each time. Finally his bro-in-law told him to order something else. Said he would not have wanted what they called a chili dog.

They were referring to a hot dog with diced green chilis or diced red chilis on it.

Chili con carne is hard to get here unless you make it yourself or buy the canned crap.

Oh, this thread also provides one more reason to question the reasoning of leroy limptard. (see above);) :D

Christmas chili is good.

picasso
2/7/2011, 09:34 PM
Beans, yes. And peppers. Bitch.

picasso
2/7/2011, 09:35 PM

Yep. When I first moved out there I had to decide real quickly which color I liked best.:D

OUthunder
2/7/2011, 10:21 PM
Since Snowageddon II is coming tomorrow, I plan on making some chili myself. I'll be using beats just in case we lose power and need another heating source.