PDA

View Full Version : OSU's Darrell Williams charged with rape and sexual battery

Boomer.....
2/7/2011, 11:28 AM
Just after OSU allowed him to play against us and drop 18 points.

http://newsok.com/article/3538852

badger
2/7/2011, 11:41 AM
I think he was just named Big 12 player of the week today, also. What a day...

Boomer.....
2/7/2011, 11:44 AM
Big 12 rookie of the week

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106110&SPID=13134&ATCLID=205091442&DB_OEM_ID=10410

CowboyMRW
2/7/2011, 11:52 AM
Yep, be gone if true. He should be suspended indefinitely period with these charges looming. If true though, he deserves everything he gets.

I think that this is probably true though as the DA didn't think he had enough evidence the 1st round through, and after the 2nd and 3rd time through the evidence with the SPD, he has enough for 3 counts. Sounds like he's gone, unless this is a Duke LAX scandal.

bri
2/7/2011, 12:46 PM
We should have had Chris Hansen guard him.

OUbasketball4life
2/7/2011, 12:47 PM
Does it seem like a alot of OSU athletes have been getting charged with sex charges here lately? Why can't they get any women? Is it that bad there

stoopified
2/7/2011, 01:16 PM
Does it seem like a alot of OSU athletes have been getting charged with sex charges here lately? Why can't they get any women? Is it that bad there

Apparently they are tired ofsheep but the sheep smell turns offeven osu co-eds.

LoveDemSooners
2/7/2011, 01:34 PM
I wonder what "instrument" he used.

sperry
2/7/2011, 01:41 PM
Seriously, always nice to know that you you lost a game because the other teams rapist dropped 18 points on you. Oklahoma St. basketball players and coaches have had a truly shocking number of criminal charges against them in recent years.

bri
2/7/2011, 02:09 PM
"The word 'felony' doesn't scare me." - Eddie Sutton

fwsooner22
2/7/2011, 03:11 PM
Haven't we just come to expect this kind of thing with the basketball program at that school.

It's amazing that "they" were the whistleblowers because Kelvin made too many phone calls. Don't stand next to any of those clowns.

sooner518
2/7/2011, 03:23 PM
I wonder what "instrument" he used.

according to the court document, his finger...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/f7document0001.pdf

seems strange that the first two charges refer to this happenning in the basement of this house, and the second two charges refer to the yard outside of the house, as if she got away the first time, and as she was leaving, he caught her and tried again....

what a total creep

Boomer.....
2/7/2011, 03:30 PM
Wow!

nativesooner
2/7/2011, 04:10 PM
Seriously, always nice to know that you you lost a game because the other teams rapist dropped 18 points on you...

yep! at least the courts waited until after Bedlam!

fwsooner22
2/7/2011, 04:26 PM

seems strange that the first two charges refer to this happenning in the basement of this house, and the second two charges refer to the yard outside of the house, as if she got away the first time, and as she was leaving, he caught her and tried again....

what a total creep

Wow.....that's a read that makes ya a bit uneasy. Goodbye Mr. Williams.

Canyonero
2/7/2011, 05:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/canyonero/everybodyroundhere.jpg

SoonerMom2
2/7/2011, 05:31 PM
Did witnesses to Williams finally agree to tell the truth and that is why now there are charges? What is wrong with a school and a coach that allows scum like this to continue to play and Big 12 highlights them? Payne County did their usual stall tactics. What a coincidence that charges come right after OU plays at OSU.

Someone tell me again why we want to be in the same conference as Okie State. Better yet why would any of our team's in the Big 12 want to be in the conference with their basketball program? They are a total disgrace to the conference and to the state. The school had to know this was pending but acted like nothing happened. Digraceful situation.

stoopified
2/7/2011, 05:32 PM
Wow.....that's a read that makes ya a bit uneasy. Goodbye Mr. Williams.aRE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?AFTER ALL THIS IS AN ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT THAT ALLOWED GUNDY TO GIVE A SCHOLLY TO A CONVICTED RAPIST.

birddog
2/7/2011, 05:42 PM
Big Country just had some special "womanizing" techniques.

CowboyMRW
2/7/2011, 05:54 PM
yep! at least the courts waited until after OU-OSU!

Like the Stillwater DA relies on upcoming games to determine when he needs to file charges. Stuff like this is the same as OSU fans saying that everything is biased against them. It's Bogus. If OSU had him in their pocket 1) there would be no charges or 2) the charges would come in March when basketball season is over, especially as he's becoming a major part of this team.

aRE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?AFTER ALL THIS IS AN ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT THAT ALLOWED GUNDY TO GIVE A SCHOLLY TO A CONVICTED RAPIST.

Collins wasn't CONVICTED at the time. There was a lot to that, that many people will never know about. Do I approve of it, no, but you must get all the facts before making such an opinion

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 06:17 PM
Someone tell me again why we want to be in the same conference as Okie State. Better yet why would any of our team's in the Big 12 want to be in the conference with their basketball program? They are a total disgrace to the conference and to the state. The school had to know this was pending but acted like nothing happened. Digraceful situation.

Wait a minute here.

Because of a couple of bad apples that have gone to OSU, and now we say they are not worthy of being in a conference with us?

I am not a OSU backer by any means, but their athletic program brings more to this conference than say Kansas State's and Iowa State's.

Not wanting them in a conference with us is just elitist thinking....like we have had a clean record with some of recent recruits.:rolleyes:

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 06:20 PM
aRE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?AFTER ALL THIS IS AN ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT THAT ALLOWED GUNDY TO GIVE A SCHOLLY TO A CONVICTED RAPIST.

Collins wasn't convicted at the time.

But let's throw stones shall we? What was that kids name just a year or two ago from Las Vegas that Bob Stoops allowed to come to OU after pleading guilty to some heinous crimes?

What about our football team in the mid to late 1980s?

I'm not sticking up for OSU, like I said in my previous post, but we have had some pretty bad apples inside our Athletic programs as well...so maybe we shouldn't throw stones in this glass house.

SoonerRoy
2/7/2011, 07:39 PM
No real excuse for the OU players actions but he was provoked by his hateful ex-girl friend. And she wasn't hurt (may have been scared.) As for the delay in filing charges it is well know that the Stillwater DA and police kiss OSU's behind and do everthing in their power to prevent any okie lite athlete from facing charges.

CowboyMRW
2/7/2011, 08:18 PM
No real excuse for the OU players actions but he was provoked by his hateful ex-girl friend. And she wasn't hurt (may have been scared.) As for the delay in filing charges it is well know that the Stillwater DA and police kiss OSU's behind and do everthing in their power to prevent any okie lite athlete from facing charges.

By whom is it well known? Random message boarders? Internet fans? People who dislike OSU? Please do tell who all knows this.

oumartin
2/7/2011, 08:56 PM
Like the Stillwater DA relies on upcoming games to determine when he needs to file charges. Stuff like this is the same as OSU fans saying that everything is biased against them. It's Bogus. If OSU had him in their pocket 1) there would be no charges or 2) the charges would come in March when basketball season is over, especially as he's becoming a major part of this team.

Collins wasn't CONVICTED at the time. There was a lot to that, that many people will never know about. Do I approve of it, no, but you must get all the facts before making such an opinion

typicallly puke fan. were you there helping him or something?

picasso
2/7/2011, 09:25 PM

Sure. That's why Texas dropped him.

picasso
2/7/2011, 09:28 PM
Collins wasn't convicted at the time.

But let's throw stones shall we? What was that kids name just a year or two ago from Las Vegas that Bob Stoops allowed to come to OU after pleading guilty to some heinous crimes?

What about our football team in the mid to late 1980s?

I'm not sticking up for OSU, like I said in my previous post, but we have had some pretty bad apples inside our Athletic programs as well...so maybe we shouldn't throw stones in this glass house.

I don't recall OU ever signing a player that had pending charges for raping a minor. Sorry, but in all of Switzer's crazy days that **** didn't go down.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 10:04 PM
I don't recall OU ever signing a player that had pending charges for raping a minor. Sorry, but in all of Switzer's crazy days that **** didn't go down.

So, the reports of football players sexually assualting women back in the 1980s, are just bogus?

What about Chaisson and the charges he had, compared to the plea he made?

Fact is, we have had players that have made stupid mistakes and broken the law in some form. Fact is, in this nation we are all innocent until proven guilty. Fact is, not every recruit or player that signs with any team is a perfect little angel.

I am not defending Darrell Williams, nor OSU, at all. But for any Sooner fan to sit there and throw rocks in this glass house is just flat out stupid.

If he is guilty of what he is accused of, then he will get what he deserves.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 10:08 PM

I grew up near Stillwater...I can tell you right now, that this is a false statement.

Why would a DA wait until right after a game against OU? Are you saying there is corruption in the judicial system in Stillwater?

SoonerMom2
2/7/2011, 10:14 PM
I cannot believe anyone can be defending OSU over this when they have known for 8 weeks about it and allowed the kid to play until after they had OU in Stillwater. Worked for defense and prosecutors over the years. No way that their administration did not know about this kid and the charges he was facing. He was identified along with two others and there were more but the girls couldn't identify them.

The amount of problems with their basketball program is so far over the top including with coaches that I cannot believe anyone including from Stillwater who would defend them. If OSU is not an institution out of control, I don't know what is. We got it for texting and Bomar. How is OSU escaping lack of institutional control is what I would like to know. I consider rape and allowing that player to continue to play about the gravest infraction you can get but then I am a woman and probably look at it differently than some Okie State "he men" on here. There is no excuse for anyone to rape someone period.

Do I think that OU is an elite program and OSU is not -- yes I do. Also resent anyone trying to equate what happened in the 80's to a rapist. OSU has made the Big 12 a laughing stock with the latest. No one recruits someone with charges pending like did and no one keeps a player playing with such serious allegations.

TopDawg
2/7/2011, 10:17 PM
By whom is it well known? Random message boarders? Internet fans? People who dislike OSU? Please do tell who all knows this.

David Leake tweeted it.

Seriously, though, the DA is a huge OSU fan. Not saying that his fandom affected his judgment or the speed with which his office moved, but he is a huge OSU fan.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 10:20 PM
I cannot believe anyone can be defending OSU over this when they have known for 8 weeks about it and allowed the kid to play until after they had OU in Stillwater. Worked for defense and prosecutors over the years. No way that their administration did not know about this kid and the charges he was facing. He was identified along with two others and there were more but the girls couldn't identify them.

The amount of problems with their basketball program is so far over the top including with coaches that I cannot believe anyone including from Stillwater who would defend them. If OSU is not an institution out of control, I don't know what is. We got it for texting and Bomar. How is OSU escaping lack of institutional control is what I would like to know. I consider rape and allowing that player to continue to play about the gravest infraction you can get but then I am a woman and probably look at it differently than some Okie State "he men" on here. There is no excuse for anyone to rape someone period.

Do I think that OU is an elite program and OSU is not -- yes I do. Also resent anyone trying to equate what happened in the 80's to a rapist. OSU has made the Big 12 a laughing stock with the latest. No one recruits someone with charges pending like did and no one keeps a player playing with such serious allegations.

As terrible as the charges are...the charges were not filed. The DA said they did not have enough evidence for the charges to be filed.

No matter if they actually did or not, the DA did not have charges brought up against Williams.

That being said, what grounds does OSU have to bench him on?

Had they done that, simply because of a pending investigation and the investigation not yeilded anything, OSU could have been looking at a law suit.

Right or wrong in any of this, had this been an OU player, 99% of the people in this thread bitching about Williams playing until right after the OU game, would not be bitching about it right now.

I am not defending the kids actions or OSU...but what I am saying had the roles been reversed, you all would have looked the other way until charges were formally filed against him.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 10:22 PM
Also SoonerMom2; where is OSU out of control?

What do you want the NCAA to do about it? The NCAA only polices the amatuerism of sports, not what laws student-athletes break.

I would love for OSu to get slapped with infractions too, but in the eyes of the NCAA, they have not broken any rules.

TopDawg
2/7/2011, 10:23 PM
Had they done that, simply because of a pending investigation and the investigation not yeilded anything, OSU could have been looking at a law suit.

Seriously? A law suit? On what grounds?

SoonerMom2
2/7/2011, 10:23 PM
My husband worked for a Stillwater firm in the Tinker area after retiring from Civil Service for a year and he heard from plenty of them that the athletes at OSU are off limits to the DA and the cops in Payne County/Stillwater and don't have to worry. All you have to do is see how the cops handled Eddie Sutton and other cases to understand that is correct. The other engineers made no bones about how the AD or coaches are called to take of the situation before any charges are filed. Obviously that doesn't go on in Norman as our cops lie in wait to pick up OU students no matter who it is for drinking. If anyone thinks that Capel or Stoops would allow someone with a rape allegtion to continue playing for 8 weeks, think again but then it wouldn't take our DA's investigators 8 weeks to file the charges. The outcry would be enormous because unlike Stillwater cases are reporting in our local media immediately. OSU grads were one reason my husband was happy to leave the Stillwater company and went to work for a San Antonio EDU company at Tinker AFB. He was concerned how they were handling government contracts and got out. So were the Feds who handed out the fines.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 10:26 PM

I don't know...but had OSU suspended him because of an investigation without charges against him, I am sure the parents or even the player would have tried to do something about it.

What happens if this turns out to be the same darn thing that happened to those Duke LaCross players?

Didn't those kids lay a law suit against Duke? I can't recall to be honest.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2011, 10:31 PM
My husband worked for a Stillwater firm in the Tinker area after retiring from Civil Service for a year and he heard from plenty of them that the athletes at OSU are off limits to the DA and the cops in Payne County/Stillwater and don't have to worry. All you have to do is see how the cops handled Eddie Sutton and other cases to understand that is correct. The other engineers made no bones about how the AD or coaches are called to take of the situation before any charges are filed. Obviously that doesn't go on in Norman as our cops lie in wait to pick up OU students no matter who it is for drinking. If anyone thinks that Capel or Stoops would allow someone with a rape allegtion to continue playing for 8 weeks, think again but then it wouldn't take our DA's investigators 8 weeks to file the charges. The outcry would be enormous because unlike Stillwater cases are reporting in our local media immediately. OSU grads were one reason my husband was happy to leave the Stillwater company and went to work for a San Antonio EDU company at Tinker AFB. He was concerned how they were handling government contracts and got out. So were the Feds who handed out the fines.

Public intox and DUI charges are one thing...those pretty much are proven right then and there.

How long did it take for the DA in LA to actually file charges against OJ Simpson?

I am not a lawyer by any means, nor am I pretending to know anything about the law...but it seems to me that some crimal cases take longer to get enough evidence to actually charge someone.

Did the Stillwater police or Payne County Sheriffs department slow roll this thing? I don't know...but I do not think they were thinking to themselves 8 weeks ago that they should wait until after the Men's basketball team plays OU in Stillwater to file charges.

If that is the case, then why didn't they just wait until after the season, say in March or April?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/8/2011, 12:13 AM

Yeah. I don't get that. Players get suspended for far less than suspicion of rape.

Good luck to whoever thinks that they can win that lawsuit.

picasso
2/8/2011, 12:34 AM
So, the reports of football players sexually assualting women back in the 1980s, are just bogus?

Those things happened after they signed and they were duly kicked off the team.
No comparison whatsoever.

bri
2/8/2011, 12:35 AM
Good luck to whoever thinks that they can win that lawsuit.

Have you met aggy? Of course they'd think they could win, then when it gets thrown out of court they'll accuse the judge of cheating.

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 01:27 AM
Also this all started with an anonymous letter. The DA had no evidence whatsoever. If he would've filed charges the minute he got the letter, the judge would've laughed his *** off. Cases like this take time to build. That's why he sent the Stillwater PD back to investigate and gather more information and evidence.

OSU didn't know when or even if he would get charged. Stillwater PD doesn't have to relay every little bit of information back to Hargis and our coaches. They conducted their investigations thoroughly and now believe they have enough evidence to put Williams away for a very long time.

To say OSU is "lack of institutional control" is beyond laughable. Collins was free to play until the case was finally settled. Gundy took a flier on a kid that he believed was innocent in Collins, and it backfired bigtime. He won't make the mistake again. Also that was his first recruiting class as a HC. These allegations have nothing to do with the NCAA, unlike Bomar and Sampson, as you previously mentioned.

Take off your maroon glasses for just one second.

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 01:32 AM

What can the NCAA do with this? Also what problems do we have that are so "over the top" as you so put it. Also wtf is a "he men". I'm defending him until he's innocent. Isn't that part of what America is built on and a constitution right- innocent until proven guilty. If he's guilty then hell yes he deserves everything he gets.

MrJimBeam
2/8/2011, 06:12 AM

Now that is some good hate.

I don't think Halloween U. is any more out of control than the rest of college sports but things do seem rather rapey up in Stillwater lately.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 08:25 AM

what a total creep

Two seperate incedents on the same night and location with two women....

sooner518
2/8/2011, 08:47 AM
Two seperate incedents on the same night and location with two women....

How do you know it was two different women? I got the impression from that document that it was one woman but now that I think about it, it would seem strange to charge him with the same thing twice if it was done to the same person. Obviously I am not a lawyer.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 08:50 AM
How do you know it was two different women? I got the impression from that document that it was one woman but now that I think about it, it would seem strange to charge him with the same thing twice if it was done to the same person. Obviously I am not a lawyer.

He was identified by two diffrent women as the attacker......

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 08:59 AM
Detailed charges......http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.news...cument0001.pdf

Spray
2/8/2011, 09:08 AM
Anybody here believe in karma? Hope our glass windows are clean.

picasso
2/8/2011, 09:30 AM
Collins was free to play until the case was finally settled. Gundy took a flier on a kid that he believed was innocent in Collins, and it backfired bigtime. He won't make the mistake again. Also that was his first recruiting class as a HC. These allegations have nothing to do with the NCAA, unlike Bomar and Sampson, as you previously mentioned.

There's a reason nobody else wanted that kid. Yes OU has had some sexually deviant behavior from some players but that was after they got here and they were sent packing.
This Collins kid raped a very young girl. Gundy should have never gotten near him.
Perhaps you should take off your orange colored glasses on that one.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 09:36 AM
You have to love the aggie apologist......

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 10:07 AM
Now it appears one of the women was robbed while she was getting assaulted....

Soonerite
2/8/2011, 10:36 AM
To say OSU is "lack of institutional control" is beyond laughable. Collins was free to play until the case was finally settled. Gundy took a flier on a kid that he believed was innocent in Collins, and it backfired bigtime. He won't make the mistake again. Also that was his first recruiting class as a HC. These allegations have nothing to do with the NCAA, unlike Bomar and Sampson, as you previously mentioned.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the discussion, but it's CRIMSON glasses. We're not texas aggie. If you're going to come on our board and call us biased, at least get it right. :rolleyes:

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 10:51 AM
Looks like OSU B-Ball program is outta control....The last 5 years have been an embarresment.....The Suttons....Sexual assualts....Coke in the Janitor closet at GIA....More Sexual assaullt....Player pulling a knife on another player...Robbery...Sheesh.....

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 10:55 AM
Looks like OSU B-Ball program is outta control....The last 5 years have been an embarresment.....The Suttons....Sexual assualts....Coke in the Janitor closet at GIA....More Sexual assaullt....Player pulling a knife on another player...Robbery...Sheesh.....

Who pulled a knife on who and who's been convicted of theft. If I didn't know any better I'd say that OSU deserves the needle

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 10:59 AM
Who pulled a knife on who and who's been convicted of theft. If I didn't know any better I'd say that OSU deserves the needle

Why don't you go spend more time on your board...Dingle-berry.....

badger
2/8/2011, 11:10 AM
While I think we can all agree that college coaches can only do so much to control players - Bob Stoops could only do so much to convince RB and JD to not accept Big Red cash for not working, Travis Ford can only do so much to convince his players that getting into these situations where people accuse you of rape are bad places to be - these are both top programs.

Yes, OSU is a still a top basketball program, especially considering the facility upgrade Rich Uncle Pickens just gave the Pokes. You don't need this type of crap around your program. Don't recruit trash in the first place, and don't let it stick around and stink up your program. Stoops cut ties immediately with his starting o-lineman and quarterback, Travis needs to immediately cut ties with any players that are going to have off-court issues.

I know Eddie liked to give players second chances at OSU. You're not Eddie's program anymore, and for good reason. You don't need to give players anything more than a first chance anymore... unless OSU wants to continue being an NIT/NCAA first few rounds program.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 11:15 AM
I don't think we could have beaten oSu even if the rapist wasn't allowed to play.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 11:17 AM

Indeed.

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 11:23 AM

So now I'm a dinglberry cause I called you out and you won't answer me. I really want to know who pulled a knife on who cause I cannot remember that in the last 5 years.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 11:25 AM

So now I'm a dinglberry cause I called you out and you won't answer me. I really want to know who pulled a knife on who cause I cannot remember that in the last 5 years.

No...he was just being nice by using dingleberry.

badger
2/8/2011, 11:28 AM

OK, I think my fellow poster might have been confused. It was a former player and current player and it was football, not basketball... and it was a beer bottle, not a knife.

Link (http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x1936217731/UPDATE-Oklahoma-State-football-player-charged-with-felony-assault-and-battery-with-a-dangerous-weapon)

badger
2/8/2011, 11:34 AM
I don't think we could have beaten oSu even if the rapist wasn't allowed to play.

Alex Trebek: No, no that category is THERAPISTS.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 11:48 AM
Nope....Like I said dingle-berry needs to read his own board....Its a B-ball player.....Here is a hint dingleberry...If you say his name fast it sounds like what Williams is accused of....Although I'm sure you won't be able to figure that out either.....

badger
2/8/2011, 11:53 AM
Nope....Like I said dingle-berry needs to read his own board....Its a B-ball player.....

Please don't make me visit OP.com. Just help us out. Let's assemble a master list of Pokes in basketball (recent history) that have screwed up.

I'll start:

Eddie Sutton: Poke coach from 1990-2006. DUI about a year after "Eddie Sutton Court" was named in his honor. Forced to resign.

Sean Sutton: Assistant Poke coach from 93-06. Head Poke coach from 2006-08. After reports of showing up to practice late and a few seasons of mediocrity, was bought out. In 2010, was "attempting to possess dangerous controlled substances after quitting a drug rehab program for his addiction to prescription pain killers."

I got the easy ones out of the way. Who's got next?

badger
2/8/2011, 11:58 AM
Eff it, here's a few more:

JamesOn Curry: Poke player 04-07. Scholly offer from UNC rescinded after arrested in a drug raid. After declaring pro, pled guilty to two misdemeanors after resisting arrest and urinating in public.

Marshall Moses: Current Poke player. In 2010, arrested on complaints of possession of marijuana and driving with a suspended license.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 12:16 PM
Please don't make me visit OP.com. Just help us out. Let's assemble a master list of Pokes in basketball (recent history) that have screwed up.

I'll start:

Eddie Sutton: Poke coach from 1990-2006. DUI about a year after "Eddie Sutton Court" was named in his honor. Forced to resign.

Sean Sutton: Assistant Poke coach from 93-06. Head Poke coach from 2006-08. After reports of showing up to practice late and a few seasons of mediocrity, was bought out. In 2010, was "attempting to possess dangerous controlled substances after quitting a drug rehab program for his addiction to prescription pain killers."

O that was not directed at you...It was for dingle-berry.....:D

CowboyMRW
2/8/2011, 12:23 PM
Nope....Like I said dingle-berry needs to read his own board....Its a B-ball player.....Here is a hint dingleberry...If you say his name fast it sounds like what Williams is accused of....Although I'm sure you won't be able to figure that out either.....

So Ray Penn was accused of pulling a knife on his own player?

Not finding a single account of this anywhere?

Boomer.....
2/8/2011, 12:27 PM
It wasn't reported. Some OSU fans know about the incident though. It sounds like he is a cancer.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 12:28 PM
New OSU B-Ball fight song.....They RayPenn

hMtZfW2z9dw&feature=fvwrel

kevpks
2/8/2011, 04:29 PM
New OSU B-Ball fight song.....They RayPenn

Someone needs to produce a "Barn Intruder" adaptation.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 05:14 PM
Someone needs to produce a "Barn Intruder" adaptation.

Do you have any singing sheep handy......:D

TopDawg
2/8/2011, 05:48 PM
Yes, OSU is a still a top basketball program,

How do you define "top"? You refer to OU football and OSU basketball as top programs, but clearly they have drastically different resumes. Is "top" just a really, really big category?

badger
2/8/2011, 05:54 PM
How do you define "top"? You refer to OU football and OSU basketball as top programs, but clearly they have drastically different resumes. Is "top" just a really, really big category?

Your name suggests that you would know the definition of "top" ;)

It is a really big category, but then again, the postseason is really big also - what is it now, almost 70 teams in the NCAA, 32 in the NIT? I don't mean that they're ranked, I meant that they're a postseason program.

BusterRhymes86
2/8/2011, 06:20 PM
Alex Trebek: No, no that category is THERAPISTS.

CLASSIC SNL....Props to you :)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/9/2011, 11:16 AM
From the program that brought you such gems as "The word felony doesn't scale me" comes Darrell Williams, the Energizer bunny of sexual battery.

Didn't Prentiss Elliot have to play football with an ankle bracelet a few years back?

microcap52
2/9/2011, 04:58 PM
I've read this entire thread and there is little in it based on facts. My wife works in the District 9 DA's office. The office currently does not have a DA, as he resigned to become the 1st assistant to current AG Scott Pruitt. He served District 9 for approximately 15 years and is an OSU grad. He has been a personal friend of mine for over 20 years. He is a man of impeccable character. In his time as DA, he prosecuted both Eddie and Sean Sutton and numerous OSU athletes for a variety of crimes. He has regularly attended a group where I drink coffee and kept us abreast of incidents involving cases in Payne and Logan County including those which would include OSU athletes.

He has told us on repeated occasion that rape cases are the most difficult to prove, and subsequently, it takes more time to build those cases. Often times, like this one, there is alcohol involved and the incident occurs in a "party" environment. Have you seen young people dance this day and age? It's like an upright orgy. While I'm not defending any male who doesn't understand what "no" means, I've listened to enough readings of PC affadavits to know that it is a tough call for law enforcement to even try to gather enough evidence to try to put on a case. Try and find 12 people who you can convince that the female wasn't a willing participant and you get the point. Witnesses sober up. People decide that they don't want to get involved. Victims families (moms and dads, mostly) don't want their daughter to suffer the embarassment of reliving the incident on the witness stand. A lot of things have to fall in place correctly before you can even get to trial.

One poster was correct. This did start because of an anonymous letter. That complicated matters even more because the victim wasn't responsible for bringing this incident to light to the authorities.

Gov Fallin will make the appointment of a new DA soon to the office in District 9. We have been told that it will be a guy who has been the lead ADA, who incidentally is a huge OU fan. For those of you who have been screaming "homer" in the DA's office, you will have to find something else to scream about. I suspect that he made the decision as to when to file charges. This just further proves that this type of job is void from one's feelings about your favorite school and their athletic program.

I do agree with the poster who had an issue with OSU's policy of allowing the player to participate for the last 8 weeks. The former DA told our coffee group about this incident shortly after it happened and said "you've seen Williams play his last game". That after his meeting with Travis Ford. So if you think character counts for anything with Ford, think again. I suppose his response would be that they believe that he is presumed innocent until found guilty.....

Last point: opinions are one thing and we all have them. There are some wild accusations in this thread that are totally unsubstantiated. If you don't have the facts to back up what you say, don't say it.

Crimsontothecore
2/9/2011, 05:28 PM
I've read this entire thread and there is little in it based on facts. My wife works in the District 9 DA's office. The office currently does not have a DA, as he resigned to become the 1st assistant to current AG Scott Pruitt. He served District 9 for approximately 15 years and is an OSU grad. He has been a personal friend of mine for over 20 years. He is a man of impeccable character. In his time as DA, he prosecuted both Eddie and Sean Sutton and numerous OSU athletes for a variety of crimes. He has regularly attended a group where I drink coffee and kept us abreast of incidents involving cases in Payne and Logan County including those which would include OSU athletes.

He has told us on repeated occasion that rape cases are the most difficult to prove, and subsequently, it takes more time to build those cases. Often times, like this one, there is alcohol involved and the incident occurs in a "party" environment. Have you seen young people dance this day and age? It's like an upright orgy. While I'm not defending any male who doesn't understand what "no" means, I've listened to enough readings of PC affadavits to know that it is a tough call for law enforcement to even try to gather enough evidence to try to put on a case. Try and find 12 people who you can convince that the female wasn't a willing participant and you get the point. Witnesses sober up. People decide that they don't want to get involved. Victims families (moms and dads, mostly) don't want their daughter to suffer the embarassment of reliving the incident on the witness stand. A lot of things have to fall in place correctly before you can even get to trial.

One poster was correct. This did start because of an anonymous letter. That complicated matters even more because the victim wasn't responsible for bringing this incident to light to the authorities.

Gov Fallin will make the appointment of a new DA soon to the office in District 9. We have been told that it will be a guy who has been the lead ADA, who incidentally is a huge OU fan. For those of you who have been screaming "homer" in the DA's office, you will have to find something else to scream about. I suspect that he made the decision as to when to file charges. This just further proves that this type of job is void from one's feelings about your favorite school and their athletic program.

I do agree with the poster who had an issue with OSU's policy of allowing the player to participate for the last 8 weeks. The former DA told our coffee group about this incident shortly after it happened and said "you've seen Williams play his last game". That after his meeting with Travis Ford. So if you think character counts for anything with Ford, think again. I suppose his response would be that they believe that he is presumed innocent until found guilty.....

Last point: opinions are one thing and we all have them. There are some wild accusations in this thread that are totally unsubstantiated. If you don't have the facts to back up what you say, don't say it.

You do realize that everything you wrote is an "opinion", right? or do you somehow have more credibility because your "wife works in the district 9 Da's office" or so you say.
Nice attempt though.

microcap52
2/9/2011, 06:43 PM
Hey Crimson

I guess that you didn't read the part where I cited hearing the description of the cases from the former DA? My wife rarely talks about the particulars of OSU cases since she works in the Logan county office. Most of what was in this thread was based on speculation or insinuation and not fact. I have credibility because I heard the former DA tell me and my friends about this case and others after he got the report from either the Stillwater or OSU PD. What I wrote is not as you say, "opinion".

If you would like to come to the DA's office I would be happy to introduce you to the entire staff.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/9/2011, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=microcap52;3143007]I've read this entire thread and there is little in it based on facts. My wife works in the District 9 DA's office. http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/district9_pic.jpg

Ban the prawns!

CowboyMRW
2/9/2011, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=microcap52;3143007]I've read this entire thread and there is little in it based on facts. My wife works in the District 9 DA's office. http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/district9_pic.jpg

Ban the prawns!

That movie was actually quite good. I was surprised.
Also +points to you as that is one of the best hijacks ever!

Crimsontothecore
2/9/2011, 08:36 PM
Hey Crimson

I guess that you didn't read the part where I cited hearing the description of the cases from the former DA? My wife rarely talks about the particulars of OSU cases since she works in the Logan county office. Most of what was in this thread was based on speculation or insinuation and not fact. I have credibility because I heard the former DA tell me and my friends about this case and others after he got the report from either the Stillwater or OSU PD. What I wrote is not as you say, "opinion".

If you would like to come to the DA's office I would be happy to introduce you to the entire staff.

And since you missed it, my point is that anyone can post something here claiming inside information. Anyone can claim to have a spouse on the "inside" but it doesn't mean it's true. And yes, it's just your OPINION that the former DA had "impeccable character" (if you knew him at all).

Don't be so presumptuous to tell people to not post without having proven facts. Nothing you've said is proven fact either so by your own standards you shouldn't post either.

microcap52
2/9/2011, 10:21 PM
OK Mr smarty, I can arrange a meeting for you to hear "the facts" from the former DA if you care to. But given your tone you sound like a guy that wouldn't want be confused with facts since your mind seems to be already made up.

I can back up what I have posted which is more than most others here. You will duly note that I don't post much since prefer to post based on fact and not on drivel, whim, gossip, etc

The offer stands if you want to broaden your horizons. You seem an intelligent guy.

BTW...His name is Rob Hudson. Guthrie High School class of 1975. My youngest daughter and one of his sons were classmates (Guthrie -2003) I have his mobile number in my phone but I doubt that he would want me to give it to you. He teaches Sunday school, raises cattle as a hobby. Has 1 brother, was a member of FarmHouse fraternity at OSU, was state FFA Secrectary back in the late 70's, went to law school at OU (but doesn't want his OSU buddies to know). Tore his ACL playing basketball in a men's basketball league so now he plays tennis, is a Republican,,,do you want me to go on?

Breadburner
2/9/2011, 11:02 PM

What exactly is a wild accusation.....

Crimsontothecore
2/9/2011, 11:18 PM
OK Mr smarty, I can arrange a meeting for you to hear "the facts" from the former DA if you care to. But given your tone you sound like a guy that wouldn't want be confused with facts since your mind seems to be already made up.

I can back up what I have posted which is more than most others here. You will duly note that I don't post much since prefer to post based on fact and not on drivel, whim, gossip, etc

The offer stands if you want to broaden your horizons. You seem an intelligent guy.

BTW...His name is Rob Hudson. Guthrie High School class of 1975. My youngest daughter and one of his sons were classmates (Guthrie -2003) I have his mobile number in my phone but I doubt that he would want me to give it to you. He teaches Sunday school, raises cattle as a hobby. Has 1 brother, was a member of FarmHouse fraternity at OSU, was state FFA Secrectary back in the late 70's, went to law school at OU (but doesn't want his OSU buddies to know). Tore his ACL playing basketball in a men's basketball league so now he plays tennis, is a Republican,,,do you want me to go on?

My tone suggests I have my mind made up? If you go back and read you'll find that I offered no opinion either way on the subject so stop making assumptions. My negative tone is because I don't like you telling other people to stop posting opinions that you don't agree with.
I'm really not impressed that you know where the former DA attended high school. I don't even care if you know his blood type and favorite color, it is still just you opinion that he was/is beyond reproach.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 11:32 PM
And since you missed it, my point is that anyone can post something here claiming inside information. Anyone can claim to have a spouse on the "inside" but it doesn't mean it's true. And yes, it's just your OPINION that the former DA had "impeccable character" (if you knew him at all).

Don't be so presumptuous to tell people to not post without having proven facts. Nothing you've said is proven fact either so by your own standards you shouldn't post either.

Yep. :pop:

And everyone has the option of whether or not to believe it.

oudavid1
2/9/2011, 11:36 PM

either way, Oklahoma State isnt a prefect program. Neither is Oklahoma.

But the comparisons OU fans want to make (because we are jerks) is that OSU had a coach with a drug problem (who did man up and get help) and now this. OU just has stupid football players (who got the boot immediately) and players who took money.

Dont get to riled up. OSU could win the national title 9 out of 10 years and OU would still talk about that 1 year. Which i would expect OSU fans to do the same. Being nice and reasonable takes the fun outta being a fan.

picasso
2/10/2011, 12:48 AM
I only posted what the Collins kid was involved in. It's disgusting and there's no defending taking a chance on the guy. My oSu golfing buddies were giddy when he came to Stillwater, knowing full well their tune would be different had he been headed to Norman.

fart

CowboyMRW
2/10/2011, 01:51 AM
either way, Oklahoma State isnt a prefect program. Neither is Oklahoma.

But the comparisons OU fans want to make (because we are jerks) is that OSU had a coach with a drug problem (who did man up and get help) and now this. OU just has stupid football players (who got the boot immediately) and players who took money.

Dont get to riled up. OSU could win the national title 9 out of 10 years and OU would still talk about that 1 year. Which i would expect OSU fans to do the same. Being nice and reasonable takes the fun outta being a fan.

I never said we were perfect. Is any big time athletic department perfect. Absolutely not. Every situation for every player is different. The AD's and coaches know best and I trust them to make the correct decisions.

oudavid1
2/10/2011, 01:55 AM
I never said we were perfect. Is any big time athletic department perfect. Absolutely not. Every situation for every player is different. The AD's and coaches know best and I trust them to make the correct decisions.

Texas :D

CowboyMRW
2/10/2011, 02:05 AM
Texas :D

lmmfao

CobraKai
2/10/2011, 04:59 PM

I'll start:

Glendon Alexander. Byron Houston. Tony Allen. Those 2 players arrested in the Whataburger Riot? Cheyne Gadsen an someone else.

TopDawg
2/10/2011, 05:11 PM
Your name suggests that you would know the definition of "top" ;)

Well indeed I do. That's why I was surprised because I wouldn't put OSU basketball in there as a top program. At least, not in the same kinda light as OU football. If they're both in the top, OU football's at the top of the top and OSU basketball's at the bottom of the top. And there's so much space in between that, to use your postseason analogy, it's like the #1 seed vs. the winner of the play-in-game.

TopDawg
2/10/2011, 05:12 PM
No. Check that. It's like OU football is the #1 seed and OSU basketball is the loser of the play-in-game.

ELP Sooner
2/10/2011, 06:43 PM

I find it incredibly disturbing that the DA is sitting around discussing cases with anyone. I know if my daughter was raped I wouldnt want the DA sitting around with his pals talking about it. I have always believed this goes on and therefore have no confidence in things like closed court or any of that nonsense they sell us.

Soonerite
2/10/2011, 07:01 PM

ahahahahahah!!!!!! Oh it hurts... Damn that was a good one!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/15/2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.ejumpcut.org/currentissue/zoborowskiDst9/jcPix/44.jpg

One question. Does the DA have an obsession with cat food?

Just sayin..

CowboyMRW
2/15/2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.ejumpcut.org/currentissue/zoborowskiDst9/jcPix/44.jpg

One question. Does the DA have an obsession with cat food?

Just sayin..

Isn't this a picture from District 9

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/15/2011, 10:14 PM
Isn't this a picture from District 9

Yes it is. I was just guessing what the DA from District 9 might actually look like.