PDA

View Full Version : Four Sooners invited to the NFL combine

kevpks
2/7/2011, 09:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/25344/big-12-talent-headed-to-the-nfl-combine

That is awesome that Adrian Taylor is going to get a look. I hope he is able to participate and eventually make a roster.

The NFL released its list of invitations to the scouting combine late this month, and plenty of Big 12 players should be taking part.

Here's who got invitations:
Sam Acho, DE, Texas
Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
Dan Bailey, K, Oklahoma State
Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma
Chykie Brown, CB, Texas
Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado (I hadn't realized it until just now. Were there really three NFL-caliber players in the Big 12 with the same last name at the same position in 2010? Seems so. And none of them are related. Odds, anyone?)
Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State
Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
DeJon Gomes, DB, Nebraska
Eric Hagg, DB, Nebraska
Roy Helu Jr., RB, Nebraska
Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
Ricky Henry, OL, Nebraska
Kyle Hix, OL, Texas
Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
Jerrod Johnson, QB, Texas A&M
Orie Lemon, LB, Oklahoma State
Andrew McGee, CB, Oklahoma State
Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
Kevin Rutland, CB, Missouri
David Sims, S, Iowa State
Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Adrian Taylor, DT, Oklahoma
Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State
Danny Watkins, OT, Baylor
Colby Whitlock, DT, Texas Tech
Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Keith Williams, OL, Nebraska

...sooner
2/7/2011, 10:54 AM
man i hope adrian can get in there & do work! hope he's feeling alright.

1890MilesToNorman
2/7/2011, 10:57 AM
9 Huskers??

badger
2/7/2011, 11:17 AM
9 Huskers??

All owned by Texas ;)

OULenexaman
2/7/2011, 11:25 AM
0 Jayhawks...

sperry
2/7/2011, 11:31 AM
Won't AT be only about 3 months removed from a torn achilles? I doubt he'll be able to do anything other than bench press, but wish him the best of luck all the same.

sooner_kaufy
2/7/2011, 11:37 AM
Won't AT be only about 3 months removed from a torn achilles? I doubt he'll be able to do anything other than bench press, but wish him the best of luck all the same.

They also do the interviews, psych evaluations and the wonderlic thingy. He should be able to participate in those as well.

85sooners
2/7/2011, 11:44 AM
:pop: Kick some a$$ fellas!

soonerinabilene
2/7/2011, 01:16 PM
how the heck does jerrod johnson get an invite?

allanace16
2/7/2011, 03:06 PM

Don't you know that part of the A&M process of prepping QBs is benching them their senior season?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/7/2011, 03:07 PM
Didn't hurt Stephen McGee

badger
2/7/2011, 03:14 PM

Preseason mag covers? :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
2/7/2011, 03:15 PM
The OU Pro Day is the best PD in college football..If the guys don't or cant do something at the pro day, NFLers love the job Schmitty does and will have about every team represented to work out in front of in Norman

Since71ASooner4Life
2/7/2011, 03:59 PM
I just cant see the Adrian Taylor invite. Watching him hobble around on the field this year barely able to run was sad. He may have had NFL type physical skills before the ankle injury, but I couldn't believe he was actually playing college football in the condition he was in. He looked completely ineffective trying to play college football, let along NFL. What am I missing?

badger
2/7/2011, 04:04 PM
at the pro day, NFLers love the job Schmitty does and will have about every team represented to work out in front of in Norman

NFLers, except for MK :eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
2/7/2011, 05:19 PM
I just cant see the Adrian Taylor invite. Watching him hobble around on the field this year barely able to run was sad. He may have had NFL type physical skills before the ankle injury, but I couldn't believe he was actually playing college football in the condition he was in. He looked completely ineffective trying to play college football, let along NFL. What am I missing?

They want to see if that leg can get back to where it was....I don't know his current condition, but if he can rehab it he'll get a signing..

I remember posting he was really still 4 weeks out when the season started...If he would have sit out those games, he probably would have been a lot stronger down the stretch...

oumartin
2/7/2011, 07:05 PM
The OU Pro Day is the best PD in college football..If the guys don't or cant do something at the pro day, NFLers love the job Schmitty does and will have about every team represented to work out in front of in Norman

Malcolm Kelly disagrees! ;)

AlbqSooner
2/7/2011, 09:08 PM
All owned by Texas ;)

And none of whom won the last Big XII championship.

47straight
2/7/2011, 09:14 PM
5 Longhorns have been invited to the combine. So yeah they must be a much better program than ours.

BoulderSooner79
2/7/2011, 10:13 PM
Since our passing game is likely to be even better this season, you have to feel bad for the horns sending a pass rushing DE and 3 DBs to the NFL combine.

Oh, wait. No you don't.
:D

Okie35
2/8/2011, 08:42 AM

Based on potential. As the saying goes though, potential gets you nowhere.

ouleaf
2/10/2011, 02:00 PM

camp arm?

ouleaf
2/10/2011, 02:03 PM
Only 1 WR from the Big 12 got an invite? Really? Wish Cam Kenney would have gotten a call.

Mad Dog Madsen
2/10/2011, 02:04 PM

They say he has JaMarcus Russell potential... ;)

Ruf/Nek7
2/10/2011, 04:10 PM
That's cool....if there is a combine! A lot of talk about agents convincing their athletes to boycott the combine and draft if the the new NFL CBA issue isn't solved.

cvsooner
2/10/2011, 07:29 PM
They say he has JaMarcus Russell potential... ;)

Or Vince Young.

ouwasp
2/12/2011, 02:45 AM
Good luck to David Sims from ISU. I was at the OU-isu game this past season. Seems like Sims made about half the tackles for Iowa St... on the plays where the 'clone D actually tackled someone... I remember he was a Sooner commit for awhile...

Salt City Sooner
2/12/2011, 03:49 AM
His Achilles wasn't torn.

okienole3
2/12/2011, 08:37 AM
Wish J. Nel had gotten an invite. He would excel in that setting.