PDA

View Full Version : Let's get it out of the way...

CrimsonJim
2/7/2011, 12:05 AM
the Super Bowl halftime show sucked monkey ballz this year.

(now we can get on with our lives)

delhalew
2/7/2011, 12:07 AM
What did you expect from the Black eyed Peas? I remember Prince tore it up a few years back. Springsteen did a good job. Normally they're awful.

CrimsonJim
2/7/2011, 12:23 AM
lol...The Black Eyed Peas...meh

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 12:27 AM
lol...The Black Eyed Peas...meh

Lets set it straight . Not only the 1/2 time But that skank that sang th SSB.;)

Pricetag
2/7/2011, 12:36 AM
"O'er the ramparts we watched" is an over rated lyric, anyhow. :D

Maybe I'm being a homer, but I think Toby Keith's rendition before the 2001 Orange Bowl was one of the best. He waited a few seconds for the FSU chant to die, then launched right into it when it didn't. He just sang the song, and it was good.

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 12:59 AM
The choreography was pretty well done. The music sucked. I would have preferred they stuck a DJ like Tiesto up there and let the choreography be the show.

I haven't paid any attention to the Black Eyed Peas. In fact, that was the first time I've seen them. Pretty talentless.

Why not just get Neil Young to play at halftime? Isn't Pink Floyd still playing?

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 01:53 AM
The choreography was pretty well done. The music sucked. I would have preferred they stuck a DJ like Tiesto up there and let the choreography be the show.

I haven't paid any attention to the Black Eyed Peas. In fact, that was the first time I've seen them. Pretty talentless.

Why not just get Neil Young to play at halftime? Isn't Pink Floyd still playing?

They just wanted to **** with YOU :pop:

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 02:04 AM
They just wanted to **** with YOU :pop:

I don't know what I ever did to **** off Pink Floyd.

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 02:32 AM
I don't know what I ever did to **** off Pink Floyd.

Dip **** , Ya prolly argued wit em :rolleyes:

SoonerJack
2/7/2011, 09:00 AM
Let's face it, until they get all four of The Beatles to do the half-time show, there's no way everyone's going to be happy about it.

Sooner_Bob
2/7/2011, 09:05 AM
I didn't think it was that bad . . . with it being in Texas I probably would've preferred a few country artists, but whatever.

Ton Loc
2/7/2011, 09:49 AM
Black Eyed Peas are horrible rip-off artists that have never had an original idea that I've ever heard.

Of course, who ever was in charge of the sound, electronics, programming, and everything else didn't help.

This one could battle the worst half time show ever that was the abomination of Nelly, Brittney, N'Snyc, and Aerosmith a few years ago.

TheBobbyTrain
2/7/2011, 11:14 AM
A bad Super Bowl halftime show is like sex with Ben Roethlisberger. You can say no and try to avoid it all you want, but it's probably gonna happen.

sooneron
2/7/2011, 11:15 AM
A bad Super Bowl halftime show is like sex with Ben Roethlisberger. You can say no and try to avoid it all you want, but it's probably gonna happen.

heh

badger
2/7/2011, 11:30 AM
I liked some of the visuals - the way they incorporated the stadium lighting and had choreographed dancers instead of a planted mob crowd on the field - but the audio aspect of it was really bad, especially the female vocalist.

I was also disappointed in the ads this year. But, guess I can tolerate a bad halftime and bad advertisements in exchange for a Lombardi Trophy :D

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 11:36 AM
Let's face it, until they get all four of The Beatles to do the half-time show...

That would suck. I would be in the stands, booing.

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 11:37 AM
Black Eyed Peas are horrible rip-off artists that have never had an original idea that I've ever heard.

I think they watched too many Daft Punk vids.

jumperstop
2/7/2011, 11:40 AM
So I'll be the first to say I liked it. Could have done a better job with the mics and ****, but it has been discussed on here before how terrible the sound is at Jerry's World so I didn't expect much different.

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 11:49 AM
So I'll be the first to say I liked it. Could have done a better job with the mics and ****...

Agreed, if by **** you mean "singing."

OhU1
2/7/2011, 12:09 PM
Agreed, if by **** you mean "singing."

When that chick was standing next to the human poodle (A/K/A Slash) "singing" Sweet Child of Mine I thought I was watching a karaoke contest winner who won a drawing to sing at the Super Bowl.

jumperstop
2/7/2011, 12:16 PM
When that chick was standing next to the human poodle (A/K/A Slash) "singing" Sweet Child of Mine I thought I was watching a karaoke contest winner who won a drawing to sing at the Super Bowl.

Ok that singing was bad, but the Black Eyed Peas are a hip hop group, what you guys expect? Andrea Bocelli? I think their performace for a group like theirs live was good. I mostly liked the glow stick jumpsuits.

stoopified
2/7/2011, 05:39 PM
Lets set it straight . Not only the 1/2 time But that skank that sang th SSB.;)Why you hatin' on skanks?

KantoSooner
2/7/2011, 05:43 PM
Note to the Black Eyed Peas: Any clothing for Fergie other than lycra cat suits is right out. With the possible exception of freshly oiled neoprene.

AlboSooner
2/7/2011, 05:53 PM
I was forever shattered deep within my soul to realize the less than stellar vocals of Miss Fergie. I never expected such a thing.

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 06:11 PM
I know I am gonna make myself feel really old here, but after I get done rubbing one out to the hot bodied Fergie of today, I feel dirty because I still remember her from that stupid show in the 80's "Kids Incorporated" that my sister used to watch on Saturday mornings.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/files/2009/01/fergie.jpg

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 07:42 PM

I was screaming "Lip synch! For the love of God, lip synch!"

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 07:45 PM
If you want to see where they ripped off their act. Notice the vocode singing, choreography, and lighting.

s9MszVE7aR4

AlboSooner
2/7/2011, 11:07 PM
Daft punks rocks