PDA

View Full Version : Generally how much to fix a pretty good scratch on a car?

jkjsooner
2/6/2011, 04:54 PM
Mr. Housing Bubble's wife finally is asserting herself and demanding a house. Despite my objections that prices are still correcting it's a fight I'm not going to win. So I was looking at a house today, totally didn't see the mailbox as I backed out of the driveway, and the metal corner of it gashed my paint job pretty good. Stupid me, I didn't react fast enough and the scratch is about a foot long (all in the back corner panel). Am I looking at $100 or $1000+ here? If I don't care about absolute perfection, can it be done for cheaper? Anyone have experience with this?

Cornfed
2/6/2011, 04:55 PM
Is the metal gouged or creased?

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 05:13 PM
coupla hundred

jkjsooner
2/6/2011, 06:16 PM
Is the metal gouged or creased?

I don't have the car right at the moment but I don't think the metal is gouged.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 06:38 PM
I don't have the car right at the moment but I don't think the metal is gouged.

When ya do, Post a pic, Be easier to give ya a decent WAG
Used to do some Body work in my shop

jkjsooner
2/6/2011, 10:56 PM
coupla hundred

That ain't too bad. I'll post a pic if I get a chance.

soonercruiser
2/7/2011, 10:03 PM
If the metal isn't depressed or dented....
Touch up paint and Langka Blob remover....buff out.

OUthunder
2/7/2011, 10:14 PM
If you see metal is gonna be need more than buff and touch up paint. You'll be lucky to get out only spending a grand, especially if it's a newer model vehicle.

Good luck.

soonerinkaty
2/7/2011, 11:24 PM
Okay, now my turn. About how much to remove little chips in the paint at the front of my car from little pebbles on the road? None are very big it just annoys me.

There are about 10-15 little chips about 1/4 the size of a penny or less. Probably less.

olevetonahill
2/8/2011, 02:42 AM
Okay, now my turn. About how much to remove little chips in the paint at the front of my car from little pebbles on the road? None are very big it just annoys me.

There are about 10-15 little chips about 1/4 the size of a penny or less. Probably less.

Here ya go
http://www.gadzooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/CarBra.jpg

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 10:47 AM
Dude with a bra. Lol