PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gary moore.

Crimson Kid
2/6/2011, 01:47 PM
The world lost another great person and guitar player. RIP gary may i see you again on the other side. :(

XingTheRubicon
2/6/2011, 01:51 PM
?

KC//CRIMSON
2/6/2011, 01:59 PM
One of my all-time favorites. What a drag.

R.I.P. Gary Moore \m/

lexsooner
2/6/2011, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. This might cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhECkexmSI

I saw Tommy Emmanuel last night in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. He's out of this world talented, probably the best acoustic guitarist living today. Doyal Dykes played with him and was plenty entertaining, but Tommy is in his own league.

KC//CRIMSON
2/6/2011, 03:29 PM
Another great acoustic player who sings almost as well as he plays.

TixUnxCi_-s

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 09:26 AM
Damn. That sucks. I was checking his website a couple months ago to see when/if he was scheduled to play in the USA. All his gigs were in the UK/Europe for the year. He's one of my top-10 guitar players. RIP.

The Profit
2/7/2011, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. This might cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhECkexmSI

I saw Tommy Emmanuel last night in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. He's out of this world talented, probably the best acoustic guitarist living today. Doyal Dykes played with him and was plenty entertaining, but Tommy is in his own league.

Yeah, I saw Tommy Emmanuel a couple of years ago at Norman North High School (that is one helluva high school theatre). He was simply amazing. I would like to see him again. Do you live in E-Town.

lexsooner
2/7/2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I saw Tommy Emmanuel a couple of years ago at Norman North High School (that is one helluva high school theatre). He was simply amazing. I would like to see him again. Do you live in E-Town.

I live in Lexington, KY, about an hour and a half from E-Town. Tommy really likes E-town and not only plays there every year but also holds a guitar workshop. It's not that far from his home in Nashville and he has guitar picking buddies in the area. Check out his guitar. The surface is worn because he literally plays the entire guitar and uses it as a percussion instrument and he rubs the back part for an even more unique sound in some of his songs. He doesn't have a great voice, but is unmatched as a picker.

Soonerchaz
2/7/2011, 10:44 AM
Great guitarist...and way too young.

Go dig into some Thin Lizzy. There's a lot more there than Jailbreak and The Boys Are Back In Town.

Rest in peace Gary.