PDA

View Full Version : Gay Pride

Chuck Bao
2/5/2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I know there has been some discussion about this. Apparently, some people are doing it all wrong.

http://th71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/cesar_gsr/th_Gay-Flag.jpg

Oh for heaven's sakes, people, if you are going to fly the Gay Pride flag, fly it right side up. Think about a rainbow if you have to or the visible light spectrum with red on top and violet on bottom.

C&CDean
2/5/2011, 09:53 PM
You're killing me dude. Seriously.

olevetonahill
2/5/2011, 09:57 PM
And all this time I been flying mine sideways :O

Chuck Bao
2/5/2011, 10:06 PM
You're killing me dude. Seriously.

Yeah well, who ever heard of an upside down rainbow? Get it right, people.

On second thought, I guess it could happen...in the privacy of a bedroom.

Okay then, carry on.

Chuck Bao
2/5/2011, 10:08 PM
And all this time I been flying mine sideways :O

That's okay so long as it is facing front.

Now, if it is facing back...you are on your own.

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:12 PM
I thought the red on top or not was a pitching/catching thing.

Turd_Ferguson
2/5/2011, 10:15 PM
I thought the red on top or not was a pitching/catching thing.SAY IT LOUD..SAY IT PROUD!

oumartin
2/5/2011, 10:19 PM
May the lord have mercy on your souls.

Turd_Ferguson
2/5/2011, 10:20 PM
May the lord have mercy on your souls.werd

jkjsooner
2/5/2011, 10:27 PM
I'm all for their cause and all, but the rainbow is pretty cool imagery and it kinda sucks you can't use it in any form if you don't want to be perceived as actively supporting gay rights.

For example, it kinda sucks for Hawaii fans.

BTW, this complaint isn't anti-gay. It's just that for various reasons a straight person doesn't want to be perceived as gay. 1) People want to be recognized for who that are. That's just as true for straight people. 2) There is prejudice against gays and a straight person really has no motivation to take that prejudice upon themselves.

Anyway, funny thread...

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:33 PM

Bible says two men ought not lay together, but I don't reckon the Good Lord would send anybody like you to Hades.

-Carl Childers

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:37 PM
Every time I see one of those little rainbow strips on the back of a Jetta, I think why couldn't whores have a back window sticker.

Cornfed
2/5/2011, 10:43 PM
What I don't understand is why people tend to harp more on Gays than they do people that commit the other sins?

Correct me if I'm wrong but all sins are the same in the eyes of God.

But I guess pointing out the wrongs of other people while yore just as guilty in other areas is the way people make themselves feel better.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2011, 10:45 PM

I'm trying to figure your schtick out. Did you find Jesus or are you being a smartass?

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:49 PM
could be more subtle

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3078/whorecar.jpg (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/whorecar.jpg/)

Chuck Bao
2/5/2011, 10:49 PM
I thought the red on top or not was a pitching/catching thing.

Dude, I can't explain the reason for the order of the color spectrum. Maybe Ike can if he isn't too busy sorting out other problems. Anyway, all I know is that red is on top. That's just the natural order of things.

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:52 PM
I'm trying to figure your schtick out. Did you find Jesus or are you being a smartass?

If you've read some of his other posts in the other 80 gay threads, you'd have to be a pretty firm lean to smartass.

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:55 PM
Dude, I can't explain the reason for the order of the color spectrum. Maybe Ike can if he isn't too busy sorting out other problems. Anyway, all I know is that red is on top. That's just the natural order of things.

Ike? is?

OK, who else on this site is gay. I don't mean joking around gay, I mean poop on your crank gay.

Chuck Bao
2/5/2011, 10:58 PM
Every time I see one of those little rainbow strips on the back of a Jetta, I think why couldn't whores have a back window sticker.

So you think the Gay Pride flag is all about advertising for availability?

Interesting...that may actually say more about you than it does them.

hawaii 5-0
2/5/2011, 11:05 PM
Yes, it sucks for Hawaii fans. After Junes Jones took over the football program he changed the team's name from the Rainbows to the Warriors. He also got rid of the rainbow colors and went with black and dark green to exemplify toughness.
The Hawaii basketball team is known as the Rainbow Warriors and the volleyball team is still the Rainbows.

FYI.

5-0

Sooner Eclipse
2/5/2011, 11:07 PM
Anyway, all I know is that red is on top. That's just the natural order of things.

Are you really using the natural order argument in a thread about gay sex?:pop:

JohnnyMack
2/5/2011, 11:09 PM
If you've read some of his other posts in the other 80 gay threads, you'd have to be a pretty firm lean to smartass.

I don't really keep up with him, that's why I asked the question. I just remember him being a, for lack of a better term, scumbag around here back in the day and now I see his Jesus post and I was confused if he was done being a scumbag and had found Jeebus or if he was being a smartass.

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 11:23 PM
he's a little harsh sometimes, but I don't think he's a scumbag

I've always kind of liked his posts, personally. Maybe I'm a scumbag.

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 11:27 PM
So you think the Gay Pride flag is all about advertising for availability?

Interesting...that may actually say more about you than it does them.

Not advertising availability per se, but that sticker stating that you are pro gay. That kind of dove-tails with my idea of pointing out women drivers that are pro whore. It's just a time saver is all.

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 05:02 AM
Are you really using the natural order argument in a thread about gay sex?:pop:

I don't recall saying anything about sex. Maybe I should. Sex, sex, sex and sex.

Now that I have that out of the way, we can talk about the natural order of light. A prism breaks down light by wavelengths. The longer waves are the least bent. And, the shorter waves, the most bent. They always go in that order from red to violet.

That gradient in bent light is pretty much akin to the spectrum of human sexuality and that is as natural as it gets.

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 05:10 AM
Not advertising availability per se, but that sticker stating that you are pro gay. That kind of dove-tails with my idea of pointing out women drivers that are pro whore. It's just a time saver is all.

Wow! I'm not really sure what to think about the time saving effort of hooking up with a stranger in a car because of a bumper sticker. Maybe I should get out more.

OutlandTrophy
2/6/2011, 08:38 AM
do you pick up ladyboys in a car or on a bicycle?

87sooner
2/6/2011, 09:18 AM
What I don't understand is why people tend to harp more on Gays than they do people that commit the other sins?

Correct me if I'm wrong but all sins are the same in the eyes of God.

But I guess pointing out the wrongs of other people while yore just as guilty in other areas is the way people make themselves feel better.

yes...sin is sin...
but the gays are out there telling everyone how normal it is and seeking to legitimize and clamoring for acceptance of their sin.....if you don't accept it as normal...you're a bigot...

most everyone else is ashamed of their sins....they wish to keep them hidden.

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 10:05 AM
do you pick up ladyboys in a car or on a bicycle?

Thank you for asking. I must say that my ladyboy friends do not need a picking up. They have their own pickup trucks.

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 10:11 AM
yes...sin is sin...
but the gays are out there telling everyone how normal it is and seeking to legitimize and clamoring for acceptance of their sin.....if you don't accept it as normal...you're a bigot...

Well, isn't that some sort of special? Hide your boner. Hide it...but just where?

unbiasedtruth
2/6/2011, 10:17 AM
yes...sin is sin...

define or explain "normal" for me, please and thank you

and if a person is ashamed of their sins, to the point they hide them..... why do they commit the sin in the 1st place

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 10:23 AM
And, although I appreciate the support and encouragement, straight men who say that they feel for gays because they feel like a lesbian are probably doing it wrong. Of course, I have no clue about lesbians.

GDC
2/6/2011, 10:24 AM

The red end has a longer wavelength but lesser frequency, if that helps.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 10:25 AM
Well, isn't that some sort of special? Hide your boner. Hide it...but just where?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 11:14 AM
yes...sin is sin...

...and this is why I just can't buy into what Christianity is selling. The idea that all sin is equal is unjust and absurd.

I don't see anything "sinful" about gays -- going Brokeback isn't my thing but I couldn't care less what others do. Gay people are good decent people just like the rest of us. Who they choose to shack up with doesn't make them evil, sinful, or otherwise.

And you are not telling me that God considers a perfectly decent and good human being that happens to be gay as equally sinful as that d'bag who shot a guy in the head for helping him get his car out of the snow. BS. The God I believe in isn't that unjust.

Believing homosexuality is unnatural or wrong is one thing, but saying they're sinful as if they're demonic plagues upon society is such a load of BS. If most Christians really believed in the sanctity of marriage then they'd spent a lot less time worrying about gays and a lot more time in trying to keep existing marriages from ending in divorce.

badger
2/6/2011, 11:21 AM
oh, you mean like this?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BlU5V5BaMjY/SGlHtFrqeRI/AAAAAAAACiM/joNpcD-jdR0/s400/GayPrideFlagNYC.jpg

Harry Beanbag
2/6/2011, 11:23 AM

In some dude's rectum of course.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:25 AM
oh, you mean like this?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BlU5V5BaMjY/SGlHtFrqeRI/AAAAAAAACiM/joNpcD-jdR0/s400/GayPrideFlagNYC.jpg

That dude gots it bassackards:eek: Er upside downers er som such ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 11:27 AM
I don't understand how one dude can look at a beautiful set of tits and not want to motorboat that ****.
http://www.concentratedawesome.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/vince_motorboat.jpg

sooner ngintunr
2/6/2011, 11:40 AM
I always thought it was the gay distress signal.

MR2-Sooner86
2/6/2011, 12:27 PM
yes...sin is sin...

Yeah, time to shut this up.

Alright Mr. Christian, the following two verses are from the Bible which is what many use to say, "God doesn't like what gays do."

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Alright, seems fair but lets look more into the book of Leviticus.

Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.

If a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

10 Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite. 11 The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.) 12 They put him in custody until the will of the LORD should be made clear to them.
13 Then the LORD said to Moses: 14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. 15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

Are we going to cherry pick or are we going to enforce all that the book says? There's no getting around it, no trying to wiggle out of it. That is what the book says. Either you go by all the rules or you don't. Saying, "Oh, well things have changed we don't stone children." Alright, well the rules have changed on homosexuality.

I don't. I had premarital relations with two chicks and a shemale I picked up at a strip club while snorting cocaine off their lower backs and taking the Lord's name in vein last night.

And I enjoyed the hell out of myself.

Cornfed
2/6/2011, 03:16 PM
Wow you found the search button at bible .com.

Now the reason it is sinful is first off this....

Exodus 20:14 You shall not commit adultery. .. the seventh commandment.

Further, in the New Testament...
Romans 1:26-27: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet.

I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions.

stoopified
2/6/2011, 03:26 PM
And all this time I been flying mine sideways :OI don't fly mine,I keep it in the closet. :D

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 03:27 PM

Now the reason it is sinful is first off this....

Romans 1:26-27: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet.

Admit it, you're in the closet.

Cornfed
2/6/2011, 03:32 PM
Admit it, you're in the closet.

Well i was looking for my snowshoes.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 03:37 PM
I don't fly mine,I keep it in the closet. :D

Where ya think I fly mine ?;)

jkjsooner
2/6/2011, 03:47 PM
yes...sin is sin...

That may be the way you look at it but it hardly explains the anti-gay hatred common in fundamentalist churches. They treated homosexuality as a special/evil sin long before 99% of gays ever considered coming out of the closet.

Many Christians hide behind the religious view that homosexuality is a sin as an excuse to demonize those who they don't understand or that creep them out a little. And as we've seen over and over again, some use religion to hide their own homosexual desires.

MR2-Sooner86
2/6/2011, 03:51 PM

No unlike most Christians I've actually read the damn thing.

You still didn't answer the question. I take it like most you're just going to pretend those verses don't exist.

A little off topic but adultery isn't in the 10 Commandments.

I. Thou shalt worship no other god.

II. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

III. The feast of unleavened bread thou shalt keep.

IV. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.

V. Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest,
and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.

VI. Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord God.

VII. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven.

VIII. Neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

IX. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.

X. Thou shalt not seethe a kid [ie, a young goat] in his mother’s milk.

Nothing about adultery in there.

So men can't have sexual relations with other men and women with other women because they can't have children? This goes in line with the Catholic Church's view of not using condoms because sex can't be pleasurable and done for fun.

If you really want to play this game, premarital sex is bad as is masturbation as it's not "moral" or "right" to do.

Again, you're just cherry picking this and that to make your argument. You can't use parts of a book while throwing out others.

jkjsooner
2/6/2011, 04:08 PM
All that said, one reason I will defend homosexuals is because it seems so unnatural to me yet so natural to others. It could hardly be a matter of choice or perversion as it is something a straight man would never choose to do.

I think we've all known kids who, at 5 or 6, just seemed different. They acted like little girls instead of little boys. As we got older 9 times out of 10 it turns out that that person was in fact gay. This wasn't a choice based on perversion. It was how the kid's brain was hardwired.

My evangelist brother will say the 5 year old (and I had a cousin who was "different" well before the age of 5) was different because of some dysfunction in the family. Whatever, that still doesn't change the fact that the child was well on the path towards homosexuality long before he ever knew what sex was.

As I see it, trying to rehabilitate a gay guy is like trying to turn you or me from heterosexual to homosexual. It just ain't the way we're wired. Forcing one to pretend he's straight (and maybe even convince himself for a time) is bound to fail (and maybe ruin some marriages/families in the process).

Cornfed
2/6/2011, 04:09 PM
No unlike most Christians I've actually read the damn thing.

You still didn't answer the question. I take it like most you're just going to pretend those verses don't exist.

A little off topic but adultery isn't in the 10 Commandments.

I. Thou shalt worship no other god.

II. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

III. The feast of unleavened bread thou shalt keep.

IV. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.

V. Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest,
and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.

VI. Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord God.

VII. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven.

VIII. Neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

IX. The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.

X. Thou shalt not seethe a kid [ie, a young goat] in his mother’s milk.

Nothing about adultery in there.

So men can't have sexual relations with other men and women with other women because they can't have children? This goes in line with the Catholic Church's view of not using condoms because sex can't be pleasurable and done for fun.

If you really want to play this game, premarital sex is bad as is masturbation as it's not "moral" or "right" to do.

Again, you're just cherry picking this and that to make your argument. You can't use parts of a book while throwing out others.

Welll in reading reading comprehension did not apply....

The "commandments" youre referring to are not COMMANDMENTS but LAWS for the Jews applying to the covenant that God has with THE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM, or in reading did you miss that part?

In all your convoluted writing I missed the question part, I thought you were merely writing a rant.

So to answer your "cherrypicking" question for starters Romans 10:4, (youve read it) Take also a look at Galatians 3:23-25 and Ephisians 2:15.

Draw your own conclusions I won't tell you how to think, or read.

yankee
2/6/2011, 04:38 PM
..... why do they commit the sin in the 1st place

Because we're human and we **** up. That's why every night before I go to bed I get on my knees before the Lord and I ask Him for forgiveness.

87sooner
2/6/2011, 06:30 PM
define or explain "normal" for me, please and thank you

and if a person is ashamed of their sins, to the point they hide them..... why do they commit the sin in the 1st place

man cannot define "normal"....
we try....but that's why men have sex with men......and kill babies inside a mother's womb....
some men would define "normal" as sex with animals or children......or killing someone...

but fortunately ....God defined "normal" for us....
and that's the only "normal" that counts.

people commit sins because we are human...we have a sinful heart....we were all born that way...
only Jesus was without sin....but even He was a man and was tempted by satan...

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 06:45 PM
Ya know , I caint figure out which side Pizzes me off more . The Atheist who want to tear down any and all faith , Or the ****in Bible thumpers who want to try to Ram their beliefs down our throats

Salvation is best worked out between you and your God with Fear and Trembling, Not out on a ****in message board :rolleyes: :pop:

87sooner
2/6/2011, 06:59 PM
...and this is why I just can't buy into what Christianity is selling. The idea that all sin is equal is unjust and absurd.

i never said all sin is "equal"...
but it doesn't really matter....ANY sin is unacceptable to God...
and without repentance of sin...asking for forgiveness...and acceptance of Christ as your savior....you will not enter the kingdom of heaven...
but you're fixated on the idea that it's absurd...instead of the idea that Christ's blood paid for ALL sin...

john 3:16 for God so loved the world....He gave His one and only Son....that whoever believes in Him....will not perish..but have everlasting life.

romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I don't see anything "sinful" about gays -- going Brokeback isn't my thing but I couldn't care less what others do. Gay people are good decent people just like the rest of us. Who they choose to shack up with doesn't make them evil, sinful, or otherwise.

there are lots of "good decent people" in the world....
the bad news is...that is meaningless to God...
none of them are perfect/sinless....

romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

And you are not telling me that God considers a perfectly decent and good human being that happens to be gay as equally sinful as that d'bag who shot a guy in the head for helping him get his car out of the snow. BS. The God I believe in isn't that unjust.

the homo is a sinner...
the murderer is a sinner....
you are a sinner..
i am a sinner...
i acknowledge before God i am a sinner..
i have asked for forgiveness...
i have asked that Jesus cleanse me...and live thru me that i may do His will for His glory...

romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Believing homosexuality is unnatural or wrong is one thing, but saying they're sinful as if they're demonic plagues upon society is such a load of BS. If most Christians really believed in the sanctity of marriage then they'd spent a lot less time worrying about gays and a lot more time in trying to keep existing marriages from ending in divorce.

i didn't say they are "demonic plagues"...

christians are not without sin....
that doesn't mean they should accept every sin the world has to offer and call it "righteous"....
when one is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit....one is
able to discern right from wrong...by God's standard...not our own.
that doesn't mean we always make the right choice....but it means we at least know the difference.

i think you would have learned some of this stuff at that fine southern baptist university you have in your signature....
did you not go to baylor?

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 07:01 PM
Ya know , I caint figure out which side Pizzes me off more . The Atheist who want to tear down any and all faith , Or the ****in Bible thumpers who want to try to Ram their beliefs down our throats

Salvation is best worked out between you and your God with Fear and Trembling, Not out on a ****in message board :rolleyes: :pop:

Wait....you mean the internets aren't some serious serious ****? :D

87sooner
2/6/2011, 07:04 PM

if a person learns that they are a sinner and in need of a savior...on a message board...what's wrong with that?

i would take it any way i could get it and be eternally thankful someone cared enuf to pass it on..

87sooner
2/6/2011, 07:08 PM
That may be the way you look at it but it hardly explains the anti-gay hatred common in fundamentalist churches. They treated homosexuality as a special/evil sin long before 99% of gays ever considered coming out of the closet.

Many Christians hide behind the religious view that homosexuality is a sin as an excuse to demonize those who they don't understand or that creep them out a little. And as we've seen over and over again, some use religion to hide their own homosexual desires.

if you have firsthand knowledge of hatred toward homos in church....that is unacceptable...
but if you're like so many that call the truth....hatred....then i prolly won't convince you otherwise....
i attend a wonderful southern baptist church that you would prolly call "hateful" toward gays...and you would be wrong....

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 07:10 PM
i never said all sin is "equal"...
but it doesn't really matter....ANY sin is unacceptable to God...
and without repentance of sin...asking for forgiveness...and acceptance of Christ as your savior....you will not enter the kingdom of heaven...
but you're fixated on the idea that it's absurd...instead of the idea that Christ's blood paid for ALL sin...

See, we disagree again. I refuse to accept that an otherwise good and moral human being is destined to spend eternity in some mythical hell simply because they didn't accept Jesus and some notion that he "died" for his sins. I've said so before, but as a Deisit, my own belief is that there is a hereafter. There is no such thing as hell, but I do believe that a person's soul is tormented by their evil or unjust deeds in a kind of "personal hell" unique to each. I think a murderer, regardless of whether they accepted Jesus, is tormented by the crimes he committed. I think a decent and moral human being who happens to be gay has absolutely nothing to fear in the hereafter. I don't believe there is a hell just full of Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, and everyone else who doesn't happen to be Christian.

there are lots of "good decent people" in the world....
the bad news is...that is meaningless to God...

It's all that matters to him IMHO.

i think you would have learned some of this stuff at that fine southern baptist university you have in your signature....
did you not go to baylor?

Damn right -- for 8 years. Baylor isn't nearly what people think it is, but needless to say I did sit through all of my Chapel requirements and my semesters of Old/New Testament. There's a difference between learn and accept. Hell, technically, Baylor isn't even associated with the Southern Baptist Convention. Baylor is not a Bible College.

Plus, I was raised Methodist and evangelical southern baptists scare the bejesus out of me (pun intended).

And....by the way....the gentleman who started this thread is also a Baylor grad.

87sooner
2/6/2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, time to shut this up.

Alright Mr. Christian, the following two verses are from the Bible which is what many use to say, "God doesn't like what gays do."

that's putting it mildly....
God doesn't accept sin...He cannot be in the presence of sin..
by ANYBODY...

Alright, seems fair but lets look more into the book of Leviticus.

Are we going to cherry pick or are we going to enforce all that the book says? There's no getting around it, no trying to wiggle out of it. That is what the book says. Either you go by all the rules or you don't. Saying, "Oh, well things have changed we don't stone children." Alright, well the rules have changed on homosexuality.

the rules (laws) HAVE changed....the sins have not....

God made a covenant with Moses...the law was given to the jews to follow to the letter..

but Jesus thru His life/death/resurrection delivered the NEW COVENANT....

matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

there were thousands of "rules" children of God no longer have to follow...including the ones you posted...
and others like passover....and the rules about "unclean" food...etc...

btw....the law was given to prove a point...
to show man just how impossible it is to live by God's standards...

I don't. I had premarital relations with two chicks and a shemale I picked up at a strip club while snorting cocaine off their lower backs and taking the Lord's name in vein last night.

And I enjoyed the hell out of myself.

i think lying is still a sin too....but i'd have to look it up;)

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 07:41 PM
if a person learns that they are a sinner and in need of a savior...on a message board...what's wrong with that?

i would take it any way i could get it and be eternally thankful someone cared enuf to pass it on..

Well son Heres the deal, According to the Tenets of faith of the Olevet Church of the Natty You son are abomination. Lest you repent yer sober assed ways and drink at the Natty alter you are forever doomed to wander the land of Sober:D

87sooner
2/6/2011, 07:46 PM
another point on equality of sin...
you do know the bible says that if you look at another lustfully ...you have already committed adultry...
and that if you are angry at another....it is the same as murder....

so now tell me YOUR beliefs about God being unjust....

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 08:18 PM
another point on equality of sin...
you do know the bible says that if you look at another lustfully ...you have already committed adultry...
and that if you are angry at another....it is the same as murder....

so now tell me YOUR beliefs about God being unjust....

Tell me that Little kids dyin in 3rd world countries is a JUST God

87sooner
2/6/2011, 08:20 PM
See, we disagree again. I refuse to accept that an otherwise good and moral human being is destined to spend eternity in some mythical hell simply because they didn't accept Jesus and some notion that he "died" for his sins. I've said so before, but as a Deisit, my own belief is that there is a hereafter. There is no such thing as hell, but I do believe that a person's soul is tormented by their evil or unjust deeds in a kind of "personal hell" unique to each. I think a murderer, regardless of whether they accepted Jesus, is tormented by the crimes he committed. I think a decent and moral human being who happens to be gay has absolutely nothing to fear in the hereafter. I don't believe there is a hell just full of Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, and everyone else who doesn't happen to be Christian.

john 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It's all that matters to him IMHO.

apparently you are not familiar with the story of the thief on the cross next to Jesus....

luke 23:39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

87sooner
2/6/2011, 08:23 PM

tell me it is not?

by your standards...it is not...
but God doesn't live by YOUR standards...
and for that.... i am truly thankful...

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 08:27 PM
john 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

apparently you are not familiar with the story of the thief on the cross next to Jesus....

luke 23:39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

See, this is why it's impossible to argue religion. You all always revert back to Bible passages as if that means anything. The Bible was written by man, who is fallible. It has been interpreted and re-interpreted a countless number of times not to mention the amount of text that has been cut/copied/edited....all by men who have their own fallacies, prejudices, and agendas. That's why it's crazy to take everything it says in an absolute literal sense.

I think the Bible is a great book filled with important parables and lessons on morality and how to treat your fellow man. People should focus on the lessons taught by the Bible instead of holding absurd positions like the Earth is only 6k years old.

Cornfed
2/6/2011, 08:29 PM

So the sins of mans greed and lust for power is God's fault?

How many nattys to reach that conclusion?....lol

87sooner
2/6/2011, 08:36 PM
See, this is why it's impossible to argue religion. You all always revert back to Bible passages as if that means anything. The Bible was written by man, who is fallible. It has been interpreted and re-interpreted a countless number of times not to mention the amount of text that has been cut/copied/edited....all by men who have their own fallacies, prejudices, and agendas. That's why it's crazy to take everything it says in an absolute literal sense.

I think the Bible is a great book filled with important parables and lessons on morality and how to treat your fellow man. People should focus on the lessons taught by the Bible instead of holding absurd positions like the Earth is only 6k years old.

well...i don't "argue religion"....i present the truth...and the gospel of Jesus Christ...
i've learned there is no point in "arguing religion"...

but followers of Christ believe the bible is written by men but inspired by God....the inerrant word of God.

and until you test it for yourself....you will never believe that.

no disrespect intended but don't tell ME how I should utilize the bible....especially when you believe most of it is "absurd";)

but you should be quite proud of yourself that YOU know which parts of the bible are useful and which are not;)

sperry
2/6/2011, 08:53 PM
Good to see Farmer Bob has made it over here to champion his causes. Gay bashing and Capel bashing. Now all we need is a thread about day trading and he'll be right back in his element.

87sooner
2/6/2011, 08:59 PM
Good to see Farmer Bob has made it over here to champion his causes. Gay bashing and Capel bashing. Now all we need is a thread about day trading and he'll be right back in his element.

Proverbs 14:30 A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

;)

and fyi....i don't day trade....i swing trade....which means i swing both ways....but not sexually....just long and short;)

87sooner
2/6/2011, 09:51 PM
All that said, one reason I will defend homosexuals is because it seems so unnatural to me yet so natural to others. It could hardly be a matter of choice or perversion as it is something a straight man would never choose to do.

I think we've all known kids who, at 5 or 6, just seemed different. They acted like little girls instead of little boys. As we got older 9 times out of 10 it turns out that that person was in fact gay. This wasn't a choice based on perversion. It was how the kid's brain was hardwired.

My evangelist brother will say the 5 year old (and I had a cousin who was "different" well before the age of 5) was different because of some dysfunction in the family. Whatever, that still doesn't change the fact that the child was well on the path towards homosexuality long before he ever knew what sex was.

As I see it, trying to rehabilitate a gay guy is like trying to turn you or me from heterosexual to homosexual. It just ain't the way we're wired. Forcing one to pretend he's straight (and maybe even convince himself for a time) is bound to fail (and maybe ruin some marriages/families in the process).

so some people must be "hard wired" for pedophelia....
does that make it alright?

i'll let you in on a little secret...
we're ALL "hard wired" for SIN...
from birth...

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 09:52 PM
so some people must be "hard wired" for pedophelia....
does that make it alright?

i'll let you in on a little secret...
we're ALL "hard wired" for SIN...
from birth...

I like my secrets to be a bit dirtier.
Do you have anything a bit more saucy?

oumartin
2/6/2011, 10:37 PM
I don't really keep up with him, that's why I asked the question. I just remember him being a, for lack of a better term, scumbag around here back in the day and now I see his Jesus post and I was confused if he was done being a scumbag and had found Jeebus or if he was being a smartass.

coming from the likes of you I'll take it as a compliment. I've always been a believer but unlike most on here I am not perfect. I have many faults and two of the biggest are not being colored and gay.

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 10:40 PM
coming from the likes of you I'll take it as a compliment. I've always been a believer but unlike most on here I am not perfect. I have many faults and two of the biggest are not being colored and gay.

You want to be a black man? Not shocked.

3rdgensooner
2/6/2011, 10:41 PM
I have many faults and two of the biggest are not being colored and gay.

You want to be a black man? Not shocked.

Wow

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 10:56 PM
Children...please. Can't we all just agree that, ultimately, God will judge us at the end of the day?

Personally, I'm quite okay with that, given my own personal choice to embrace who I am.

Those who think that they can judge and have hate in their heart, well they are going to have to deal with it, ultimately.

hawaii 5-0
2/6/2011, 11:06 PM
I wonder if the Bible thumpers ever ask to have the missing chapters of the Bible replaced?

The ones that early Biblical scholars thought were too hot to make available to the masses.

5-0

oumartin
2/6/2011, 11:08 PM
I wonder if the Bible thumpers ever ask to have the missing chapters of the Bible replaced?

The ones that early Biblical scholars thought were too hot to make available to the masses.

5-0

the chapters with all the man on man action? I highly doubt that's what in those.

87sooner
2/6/2011, 11:12 PM
Children...please. Can't we all just agree that, ultimately, God will judge us at the end of the day?

Personally, I'm quite okay with that, given my own personal choice to embrace who I am.

Those who think that they can judge and have hate in their heart, well they are going to have to deal with it, ultimately.

children....
no one is judging anyone...
if i say murder is a sin....am i "judging" a murderer?
i'm not judging anyone....

Cornfed
2/6/2011, 11:13 PM

5-0

Youve been watching TV again havent you.....

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:15 PM
tell me it is not?

by your standards...it is not...
but God doesn't live by YOUR standards...
and for that.... i am truly thankful...

I have no standards to Judge by, You say you follow a Loving and Benevolent God. That Cares about every living thing, I simply ask Where was he ? when ?:pop:

87sooner
2/6/2011, 11:19 PM
I have no standards to Judge by,

you must...if not ....how could you accuse God of being unjust?

You say you follow a Loving and Benevolent God. That Cares about every living thing, I simply ask Where was he ? when ?:pop:

i don't understand your question...

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:24 PM
So the sins of mans greed and lust for power is God's fault?

How many nattys to reach that conclusion?....lol

A bunch of years as an Ordained Minister, Dint say it was Gods Fault Dipwad, Simply said or asked , Where is God when the little Kids suffer, That Jesus said " Suffer the Little children to come unto me "
Bro , I respect yer freedom to worship as YOU please. I dont respect you or the Johhny Macks freedom to condemm anyone who disagrees with either of you .

Remember what I said ? " Work out your OWN salvation with Fear and Trembling" ? :rolleyes:

Oh and just a FYI, If you are just a Layman, You really dont want cross swords with me .( I have a 7 volume set of the Matthew Henry Commentaries, Plus 2 dif, Strongs concordance) Plus the fact that I have gone into the Wilderness and Prayed and fasted .Seekin Gods will .:pop:

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:32 PM

There ya Go George!
Judge NOT lest Ye be judged :cool:

Chuck Bao
2/6/2011, 11:35 PM
children....
no one is judging anyone...
if i say murder is a sin....am i "judging" a murderer?
i'm not judging anyone....

Yeah, that's the ticket - being gay is like being a murderer. Got it.

I don't think anyone has been killed in my bedroom, yet.

Maybe you should focus more on rich people who are going to have a difficult time getting into heaven - camel through an eye of a needle and all.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:35 PM
Proverbs 14:30 A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

;)

and fyi....i don't day trade....i swing trade....which means i swing both ways....but not sexually....just long and short;)

So yer a swinger ?:hot:

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:36 PM
you must...if not ....how could you accuse God of being unjust?

i don't understand your question...

I dint ACCUSE God of anything dipwad:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:38 PM

Maybe you should focus more on rich people who are going to have a difficult time getting into heaven - camel through an eye of a needle and all.

So what yer sayin George is ya aint found anyone who caint TAKE it ?:D :D :D :D :D :D

87sooner
2/6/2011, 11:40 PM

was trying to make a point which obviously you weren't able to comprehend....

and after i'm accused of being a judgmental hypocrite.....a true one shows himself

87sooner
2/6/2011, 11:42 PM
I dint ACCUSE God of anything dipwad:rolleyes:

yes...you did...
you accused(judged) God of being unjust.

olevetonahill
was trying to make a point which obviously you weren't able to comprehend....

and after i'm accused of being a judgmental hypocrite.....a true one shows himself

Get thee back into yer Prayer closet .:pop:

OUthunder
This thread has me craving a Hershey's candy bar.

No almonds!

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 11:43 PM

No almonds!

Chocolate flavored nuts are the best. You don't know what you're missing.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:46 PM
yes...you did...
you accused(judged) God of being unjust.

So you say, Ok I did , Now tell me where God is "Just" in lettin the Little Kids die in Floods? where is God "JUST" in the Killing fields of Cambodia, Where is God "Just" in the Pogroms ?
need any more?
How about Where is God "Just" in the hell any ****in thing .

I do believe in a Creator , I just dont believe he much gives a big **** about what YOU or I think:pop:

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 11:48 PM

No almonds!

Naw , I like playin with the little Kid of the poor idjits ,

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/6/2011, 11:49 PM
I think we are a reality television show for God. I think he made man and woman because he was bored. Realized that it was uber lame if they just sit in a sweet garden. So then he was like oh ho, I will put this tree in here knowing full damn well that they will eventually eat it. Then Cain kills Abel and the freak show begins.

hawaii 5-0
2/6/2011, 11:50 PM
Youve been watching TV again havent you.....

Well, I sure haven't been snooping around in the vaults under the Vatican.

5-0

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 11:52 PM
So you say, Ok I did , Now tell me where God is "Just" in lettin the Little Kids die in Floods? where is God "JUST" in the Killing fields of Cambodia, Where is God "Just" in the Pogroms ?
need any more?

I do believe in a Creator , I just dont believe he much gives a big **** about what YOU or I think:pop:

I completely agree.

God gave us the ability to make our own decisions. Good decisions, bad decisions, kind decisions, and evil decisions. If God intervened every time someone made a bad or evil decision then there would have been no reason for him to give us the ability to make our own choices in life.

God created this place and left the chips to fall where they may.

oumartin
2/6/2011, 11:56 PM
Chocolate flavored nuts are the best. You don't know what you're missing.

that's what my wife says.

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2011, 11:58 PM
that's what my wife says.

I'm surprised her mouth wasn't so full of them that she could even speak.

oumartin
2/7/2011, 12:02 AM
I'm surprised her mouth wasn't so full of them that she could even speak.

she mumbled it

87sooner
2/7/2011, 12:04 AM
I completely agree.

God gave us the ability to make our own decisions. Good decisions, bad decisions, kind decisions, and evil decisions. If God intervened every time someone made a bad or evil decision then there would have been no reason for him to give us the ability to make our own choices in life.

so you believe God created adam and eve....and it was all random chance that moses and king david and king solomon and all the prophets spoke about Jesus thousands of years before He was born....
and Jesus was a random accident???

but then you believe the bible is absurd so i already know your answers....

SicEmBaylor
2/7/2011, 12:12 AM
so you believe God created adam and eve....
Nope, I believe God created the universe via the big bang and everything after that was natural evolution. I see God as a "great architect" of the universe who designed the heavens and Earth, but does not and did not take an active role in the lives of man.

and it was all random chance that moses and king david and king solomon and all the prophets spoke about Jesus thousands of years before He was born....
They spoke about a messiah -- not Jesus specifically. That's like me predicting that 50 years from now someone will be born on a Friday and then finding that person and labeling them the person that I was talking about.

and Jesus was a random accident???
Jesus was only an accident if Joseph forgot to pull out. I have no doubt that Jesus was real and that Jesus was a great teacher of morality and how to treat our fellow man, but do I believe he was the proverbial Messiah/son of God? No...

but then you believe the bible is absurd so i already know your answers....

I never said the Bible was absurd. I said that taking everything in the Bible in its absolute most literal sense is absurd.

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 12:21 AM
I completely agree.

Kinda sorta LOL

SicEmBaylor
2/7/2011, 12:24 AM
Kinda sorta LOL

Yeah, it doesn't stop me from praying like mad for his intervention every saturday during football season....he usually ignores me. =(

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 12:24 AM
Nope, I believe God created the universe via the big bang and everything after that was natural evolution. I see God as a "great architect" of the universe who designed the heavens and Earth, but does not and did not take an active role in the lives of man.

They spoke about a messiah -- not Jesus specifically. That's like me predicting that 50 years from now someone will be born on a Friday and then finding that person and labeling them the person that I was talking about.

Jesus was only an accident if Joseph forgot to pull out. I have no doubt that Jesus was real and that Jesus was a great teacher of morality and how to treat our fellow man, but do I believe he was the proverbial Messiah/son of God? No...

I never said the Bible was absurd. I said that taking everything in the Bible in its absolute most literal sense is absurd.

Hey Sic, Have ya noticed that 87 aint Debating mE :pop:

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah, it doesn't stop me from praying like mad for his intervention every saturday during football season....he usually ignores me. =(

Thats cause ya PRAY fer Baylor Ya Dumas :D

87sooner
2/7/2011, 12:32 AM

is the following absurd?

1 corinthians 2:14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 12:36 AM
is the following absurd?

1 corinthians 2:14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

IMHO? Yes . Dumas YOU have to BELIEVE in the Spiritual to ever got there :rolleyes:

87sooner
2/7/2011, 12:40 AM
Hey Sic, Have ya noticed that 87 aint Debating mE :pop:

i ain't debating you because i fail to decipher any relevant points in your posts worthy of response...
wasn't even sure if there was a question buried in there...
your communicating skills "overwhelm" me;)

87sooner
2/7/2011, 12:43 AM
IMHO? Yes . Dumas YOU have to BELIEVE in the Spiritual to ever got there :rolleyes:

when i quote sicem....and ask a question....i don't really gas what you think;)

olevetonahill
2/7/2011, 12:48 AM
i ain't debating you because i fail to decipher any relevant points in your posts worthy of response...
wasn't even sure if there was a question buried in there...
your communicating skills "overwhelm" me;)

when i quote sicem....and ask a question....i don't really gas what you think;)

Well there ya go . Son I started a thread so You and I could discuss points .
You FAIL to find Relevance because you cant rebut :rolleyes:

87sooner
2/7/2011, 12:51 AM
Well there ya go . Son I started a thread so You and I could discuss points .
You FAIL to find Relevance because you cant rebut :rolleyes:

you said the following...

need any more?

i have no clue what that means....
communicate clearly or i will ignore you....
i can't respond to something i don't understand...
and name calling won't get my attention either...

Chuck Bao
2/7/2011, 10:00 AM
I aint no Bible scholar but I can hold my own. If you biblically know someone that means you went down biblically on their ***. That basically covers the parentage and bloodshed of the Old Testament, which was written by a relatively insignificant sheep-herding tribe, at the time. They knew that having a gay man or woman around was about as useful as having gay sheep, so to biblically speak.

The New Testament starts with the Gospels and that Jesus was one cool dude. He never said anything about gay sex, but he said a lot of other really cool stuff, some of which is conveniently ignored by a lot of people. Jesus was 33 when he was crucified and took away our sins. According to church tradition, he never married.

Paul was on the road to Damascus and got his revelation from God. Poor guy had strange ideas about intimacy and marriage after that. In his letters to the early Christian churches written in Greek, he made no bones about it. Boning is forbotten.

SunnySooner
2/7/2011, 10:13 AM
I always thought it was weird that Paul wrote so much about marriage, and yet was never married. That's like people with no kids telling me how to raise mine. No credibility.

In the end, I try to pay the most attention to the words in red, and take the teachings of Paul and the other apostles with a grain of salt. They were basically giving their opinions to their contemporaries about how to deal with issues AT THAT TIME. A lot of those instructions are irrelevant today, imo. Not all, but still a lot.

JohnnyMack
2/7/2011, 10:14 AM
How did I miss THIS thread?

87sooner
2/7/2011, 11:04 AM

false

so you believe this nut was a "great teacher of morality and how to treat our fellow man" eh?
cuz that's what anyone would be called today that went around claiming to be the Son of God....
and something tells me you wouldn't get on board no matter what they had to say about "morality"....

again....i have to wonder just how you came by this special gift that allows YOU to discern precisely which of Jesus' words are useful today....

for instance ....like the following....

matthew 10:32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Chuck Bao
2/7/2011, 11:59 AM
Will someone please bring this here thread back in focus.

If you got your full-on rainbow flag on and its sideways, or back-*** backwards or upside down, then you do your thang. As long as it isn't hurting anybody.

I apologize for my previous statements. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/7/2011, 12:16 PM
I always thought it was weird that Paul wrote so much about marriage, and yet was never married. That's like people with no kids telling me how to raise mine. No credibility.

Actually no one is sure either way, because there is evidence in some of his writings that he was married previously to writing the passage stating he was
"unmarried".

OutlandTrophy
2/7/2011, 06:51 PM
[B]A bunch of years as an Ordained Minister....:pop:

you went to Seminary? For what religon/denomination are you an ordained minister?

oumartin
2/7/2011, 06:59 PM
you went to Seminary? For what religon/denomination are you an ordained minister?

what do you care Ball gazer?

OUthunder
2/7/2011, 10:24 PM
How did I miss THIS thread?

Meth binge?

oumartin
2/7/2011, 11:01 PM
Hard to catch everything when you are busy looking down your nose.

Veritas
2/7/2011, 11:05 PM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9307/47469079.png

OUthunder
2/7/2011, 11:26 PM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9307/47469079.png

:D :D :D

Eielson
2/8/2011, 12:11 AM
I'm a Christian, and I'm against homosexuality. It's not really my Christian values that dictate that, though. It just doesn't seem right or natural to me. The biological purpose of sex is reproduction, and that only happens between a man and a woman. To be completely honest, I don't know that I'd be a fan of homosexuals even if that weren't the case. I just don't understand them, and don't generally have much in common with them. I'm not saying this is the way things should be, but this is the way I am. There are two main reasons that I think many Christians make a really big deal of this. Firstly, this is something real easy to follow if you're heterosexual. It's not likely that a heterosexual person will randomly get a strong urge to do homosexual stuff. This allows for people to feel better about being strongly against it. Secondly, I think anti-homosexual people just simply don't like gay people, and use the Bible as justification. It's not really the Bible that caused them to feel this way, though.

It's been mentioned a little that it's only natural for a heterosexual man to want to have sex with an attractive woman. I don't feel that's strong justification for it being right. When most people see candy, they want to eat it all. That doesn't mean people should eat skittles until they are too fat to walk. Most people would also rather not put in hard work. That is not in anyway justification for being lazy, though.

I'm not real strong with my understanding of the Bible, but I recently read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. This is something he put in his book that I though applied to this discussion:

"If anyone thinks that Christians regard unchastity as the supreme vice, he is quite wrong. The sins of the flesh are bad, but they are the least bad of all sins. All the worst pleasures are purely spiritual: the pleasure of putting other people in the wrong, of bossing and patronising and spoiling sport, and back-biting, the pleasures of power, of hatred. For there are two things inside me, competing with the human self which I must try to become. They are the Animal self, and the Diabolical self. The Diabolical self is the worse of the two. That is why a cold, self-righteous prig who goes regularly to church may be far nearer to hell than a prostitute. But, of course, it is better to be neither."

olevetonahill
2/8/2011, 08:21 AM
Ya Know What Eielson , I aint da Ghey either,
But I guess where you and I Differ is the simple fact that while I may not Like Sushi I really aint got a Prob being friends with those who do , hell I can even eat a nice Steak while some one else is eating the Sushi,

85Sooner
2/8/2011, 12:09 PM
Why would anyone want to fly a flag announcing what they like to do with their sexual organs.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 12:16 PM
I'm a Christian, and I'm against homosexuality. It's not really my Christian values that dictate that, though. It just doesn't seem right or natural to me. The biological purpose of sex is reproduction, and that only happens between a man and a woman. To be completely honest, I don't know that I'd be a fan of homosexuals even if that weren't the case. I just don't understand them, and don't generally have much in common with them. I'm not saying this is the way things should be, but this is the way I am. There are two main reasons that I think many Christians make a really big deal of this. Firstly, this is something real easy to follow if you're heterosexual. It's not likely that a heterosexual person will randomly get a strong urge to do homosexual stuff. This allows for people to feel better about being strongly against it. Secondly, I think anti-homosexual people just simply don't like gay people, and use the Bible as justification. It's not really the Bible that caused them to feel this way, though.

It's been mentioned a little that it's only natural for a heterosexual man to want to have sex with an attractive woman. I don't feel that's strong justification for it being right. When most people see candy, they want to eat it all. That doesn't mean people should eat skittles until they are too fat to walk. Most people would also rather not put in hard work. That is not in anyway justification for being lazy, though.

I'm not real strong with my understanding of the Bible, but I recently read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. This is something he put in his book that I though applied to this discussion:

"If anyone thinks that Christians regard unchastity as the supreme vice, he is quite wrong. The sins of the flesh are bad, but they are the least bad of all sins. All the worst pleasures are purely spiritual: the pleasure of putting other people in the wrong, of bossing and patronising and spoiling sport, and back-biting, the pleasures of power, of hatred. For there are two things inside me, competing with the human self which I must try to become. They are the Animal self, and the Diabolical self. The Diabolical self is the worse of the two. That is why a cold, self-righteous prig who goes regularly to church may be far nearer to hell than a prostitute. But, of course, it is better to be neither."

Hmmm. Does that mean that you quit banging the wife after she has had her tubes tied?

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 12:16 PM
Well he has, but it doesn't stop the neighbors.

Chuck Bao
2/8/2011, 01:19 PM
Why would anyone want to fly a flag announcing what they like to do with their sexual organs.

Well, since the rainbow flag is a symbol of freedom AND safety, I can see a reason to fly it. When I was doing a fair bit of traveling around the world, I would know that I could relax and be myself when I saw the rainbow flag. Trust me, police entrapment, here in the US and abroad, is very real and dangerous.

I got to know one older gentleman who hated the flag waving queers with a passion. He was gay and one tough sob. He carried a very large bowie knife as a form of protection. Excuse me but I am not that brave. I'll just go where the flag waving queers are.

2121Sooner
2/8/2011, 01:24 PM
I'm a Christian, and I'm against homosexuality. It's not really my Christian values that dictate that, though. It just doesn't seem right or natural to me. The biological purpose of sex is reproduction, and that only happens between a man and a woman. ."

Buckwheat asked his gay lover........."How my dictate?"

And if the biological purpose is to reproduction............how do you explain it when you are with a chk ( <----- hahaha, on purpose) who likes it in the arse?

Just askin'

The Profit
2/8/2011, 01:54 PM
Buckwheat asked his gay lover........."How my dictate?"

And if the biological purpose is to reproduction............how do you explain it when you are with a chk ( <----- hahaha, on purpose) who likes it in the arse?

Just askin'

Yes, this and so many other questions.

Breadburner
2/8/2011, 01:55 PM
Do they fly gay pride flags at the Kawk Fights....???

2121Sooner
2/8/2011, 02:01 PM
Do they fly gay pride flags at the Kawk Fights....???

Yes, but instead of kawk-a-doodle-do, they say any-kawk'll-do!!!!

Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week.......tip your valet!!!

GrapevineSooner
2/8/2011, 02:07 PM
You know else got upset when their flag was flown upside down?

Canadians.

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2011, 02:31 PM
Canadians are gay.

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 03:04 PM
And so we've come full circle.

olevetonahill
2/8/2011, 04:34 PM
And so we've come full circle.

Circle jerk?

OutlandTrophy
2/8/2011, 04:44 PM
how many guys have exploded into your beard?