PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown once answered a question for Chris Simms once...

GrapevineSooner
2/5/2011, 05:42 PM
...and apparently, Phil Simms would rather fight his son's battles with fellow broadcasters (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Phil-Simms-threatens-Desmond-Howard-at-NFL-Exper;_ylt=AtCu_ivN0Uf9xY2mEbkMINRDubYF?urn=nfl-317316) than allow his son, Matt, to fight them I guess.

And I'm also the king redundant redundancy.

ouwino
2/5/2011, 06:50 PM
Howard says he felt threatened by Simms at event

DALLAS (AP)—Desmond Howard says he felt threatened by Phil Simms during a confrontation about comments the ESPN analyst made about Simms’ son, Tennessee quarterback Matt Simms.

Howard tweeted that Simms said “he wanted 2 take a swing at me” during an exchange Saturday at an NFL venue in downtown Dallas.

Simms acknowledged through a CBS spokeswoman that the NFL analyst and former New York Giants quarterback had “a private conversation that became heated.”

Howard said Simms took offense to an on-air comment about the Tennessee-LSU game that fans would see “3 of the worse QBs in the SEC.”

Mike Stoops
2/5/2011, 07:34 PM
It's Desmond Howard's job as an analyst to offer opinions on the performances of college athletes. Phil Simms seems like one of those rich little league dads with an entitlement attitude. Oh, and he sucks as a color guy. Good for Desmond for standing his ground.

sooner59
2/5/2011, 09:34 PM
Meh. Phil Simms can **** off.

OU-HSV
2/6/2011, 09:38 AM
I just read this on ESPN, and was about to post it. But the handy search tool led me to your thread here. Anyway, here's the ESPN link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6093877

picasso
2/6/2011, 10:34 AM
Phil Simms was and is an arrogant ***.

SoonerStormchaser
2/6/2011, 10:55 AM
Desmond can't help it if Phil Simms's offspring are epic fail in the genetic arrangement.

badger
2/6/2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, Phil Simms' sons sucked at college football especially the one that wore orange at UT, you know, that school that now has a 100k stadium, but Desmond probably could have handled his analysis a little bit more tactfully given that daddy was around. I'm sure Dez wouldn't like it if some guy was calling his sons the "worst" at anything :(

Widescreen
2/6/2011, 12:29 PM
Yes, Phil Simms' sons sucked at college football especially the one that wore orange at UT, you know, that school that now has a 100k stadium, but Desmond probably could have handled his analysis a little bit more tactfully given that daddy was around. I'm sure Dez wouldn't like it if some guy was calling his sons the "worst" at anything :(

Desmond's comments were made months ago. This confrontation happened yesterday (I think).

badger
2/6/2011, 01:14 PM
Desmond's comments were made months ago. This confrontation happened yesterday (I think).

Ahhh... wonder if Phil was drunk... or perhaps he stole some of Chrissy's pot :rolleyes:

sooner59
2/6/2011, 02:20 PM
Ahhh... wonder if Phil was drunk... or perhaps he stole some of Chrissy's pot :rolleyes:

Drunk, maybe. On pot, definitely not. Its physically impossible to become enraged and violent while on pot. Besides, I see Phil as more of a coke man. :D

Leroy Lizard
2/6/2011, 03:33 PM
There may be more to this than we know. It could be that Desmond has a little personal problem with Phil, and attacking Phil's son was a malicious cheap shot.

If they have a personal problem, they should keep it to themselves. I'm not sure which of the two is carrying this out to the airwaves, but whoever it is should just stfu.

KBoomer11
2/6/2011, 03:39 PM
Chrissy Simms drug problems make a little more sense to me now. Phil seems like a nut case.

goingoneight
2/6/2011, 03:51 PM
Anytime an analyst refers to something in a derrogatory manner, it's unprofessional. As bad as we were under Blake, remember how the focus on the Stoops era is how much better we are, not how much "worse" we were.
That said, you need to have thick skin if you're gonna be involved in this game. It's not a game for worldly scholars, or even those with common sense at times. At the end of the day, you're gonna take one shot or another if your name is associated with football. Case in point: look at how successful and clean our program has been run by Stoops and often times it seems like all we hear is about the BCS losses, the revisionist theories about how ex-so-and-so coordinator was better than the current guy, wah-wah-wah.

picasso
2/6/2011, 05:44 PM
He could have said some of the worst offenses in the SEC but perhaps he hit too close to the truth.

I don't know much about Desmond as a TV personality but I do know that Simms is full of himself. He's been like that since his playing days wearing the most unimaginative ugliest unforms in professional sports.

Dio
2/6/2011, 05:57 PM
Craig James thinks Phil sucks at being a helicopter dad