is not bacon.

That is all.

Breadburner
2/5/2011, 08:34 AM
Why not....

You are right....the cured belly of a swine carcass

Leroy Lizard
2/5/2011, 09:59 AM
Of all the health crap out there, it's not bad.

C&CDean
2/5/2011, 10:25 AM
I eat it all the time.

Momma makes stuffed jalapenos (sausage, cheese, cream cheese) and wrapped with bacon. If you use pork, the grill flames all to hell cause of the fat. If you use turkey, you get nice cooked peppers/meat, and the bacon gets crispy and it's damned good. I prefer turkey bacon over pork for stuffed jalapenos.

She also cooks it for breakfast and for BLTs. I've gotten used to it, it doesn't shrink, it's better for you so why not?

olevetonahill
2/5/2011, 10:38 AM
Cool its good fer ya, so does that mean it tastes like ****?

Leroy Lizard
2/5/2011, 10:44 AM
Cool its good fer ya, so does that mean it tastes like ****?

Not sure if you're praisin' turkey bacon or dissin' it.

olevetonahill
2/5/2011, 10:50 AM
Not sure if you're praisin' turkey bacon or dissin' it.

Was axin Dean a question . Quit stalkin me :P

cccasooner2
2/5/2011, 10:52 AM
I like the stuff.

waynepayne
2/5/2011, 11:00 AM
I like the stuff.

+1

2121Sooner
2/5/2011, 12:54 PM
I eat it all the time.

Momma makes stuffed jalapenos (sausage, cheese, cream cheese) and wrapped with bacon. If you use pork, the grill flames all to hell cause of the fat. If you use turkey, you get nice cooked peppers/meat, and the bacon gets crispy and it's damned good. I prefer turkey bacon over pork for stuffed jalapenos.

She also cooks it for breakfast and for BLTs. I've gotten used to it, it doesn't shrink, it's better for you so why not?

The terrorists have won

Shakadoodoo
2/5/2011, 01:26 PM
Turkey Bacon is pretty good. But I used to like Sizzelean better. What ever happened to that?

Soonerfan88
2/5/2011, 01:33 PM
Looks like Sizzlean is still available somewhere in Florida.

http://www.seff.com/wholesale/category-d1-m665-m233-items.php

Boarder
2/5/2011, 02:40 PM
There's a big difference between the regular and super lean turkey bacon in flavor and texture.

Okla-homey
2/5/2011, 02:46 PM
For the record, medical science has yet to discover a human being with a bacon allergy. That ought to tell you something about the majesty that is bacon. Its a perfect food.

sooner59
2/5/2011, 02:50 PM
Bacon is meat candy.

Boarder
2/5/2011, 02:52 PM
Bacon rolled in brown sugar and BBQ rub and then smoked on a Weber Smoky Mountain is meat candy. Actually, it's called pig candy. And it's delicious.

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2011, 03:07 PM
I eat it all the time.

She also cooks it for breakfast and for BLTs. I've gotten used to it, it doesn't shrink, it's better for you so why not?Sounds yummy. We are going to make it tonight.

Okla-homey
2/5/2011, 03:41 PM
Here's a tip if you ever have to make bacon for a bunch of people. It's what restaurants do. Lay the strips in a cookie sheet and bake at 350F until done. It comes out perfectly. Crispy. No burning, and relatively flat.

unbiasedtruth
2/5/2011, 04:13 PM
^^^^^^ a tip to the tip.... put a cooling rack on the cookie pan and lay the bacon across it. This allows for the bacon juices to drip down from the rack to the pan, thus the bacon is not swimming in fat ^^^^^^^

I'll have to look at turkey bacon again. It use to contain just about as much fat and calories per serving as regular pig bacon. Same thing with ground turkey, some have just as much fat and calories as 85% lean hamburger....

sooner59
2/5/2011, 04:42 PM
I don't have bacon too often....therefore, when I do have it, I'm gonna have the real stuff. I want to know its bad for me when its going down. That's part of what makes it good. :D

Harry Beanbag
2/5/2011, 06:27 PM
I just bought 3 packages of thick cut pig bacon for tomorrows appetizers. While standing in front of the bacon shrine, I noticed a package I had never seen or heard of before: beef bacon. Has anybody ever had any of that?

sooner ngintunr
2/5/2011, 06:37 PM
My wife tried turkey bacon on me once, without me knowing of course. First bite I said "somethings wrong with the bacon". She was a little surprised I could tell something was "different" so quickly. She hasn't tried to pull that crap since.:D

sooner59
2/5/2011, 09:38 PM
I just bought 3 packages of thick cut pig bacon for tomorrows appetizers. While standing in front of the bacon shrine, I noticed a package I had never seen or heard of before: beef bacon. Has anybody ever had any of that?

That's a new one for me. :confused:

Radar's Left Hand
2/5/2011, 09:40 PM
I love turkey bacon. I tried the beef bacon and it suuuucked!

Turd_Ferguson
2/5/2011, 10:06 PM
I love turkey bacon. I tried the beef bacon and it suuuucked!Radar's left hand...you must be withered...

XingTheRubicon
2/5/2011, 10:20 PM
2001 Dean would call 2011 Dean a &%#

Cornfed
2/5/2011, 10:49 PM
I like it breaded, deep fried, and rolled in powdered sugar.......

KC//CRIMSON
2/5/2011, 11:13 PM
"Bacon is so bad-*ss that people wrap other food with it to make it taste like bacon!"

JohnnyMack
2/5/2011, 11:20 PM
I eat it all the time.

I don't even know who you are anymore.

btk108
2/6/2011, 09:06 AM
This thread is just racist.

C&CDean
2/6/2011, 09:29 AM
2001 Dean would call 2011 Dean a &%#

Heh. I eat what momma puts in front of me.

Also, try making those stuffed peppers with real bacon and let me know how it goes. You'll have the mother of all grill fires, and your bacon will be burnt black.

We haven't had a breakfast tailgate in a while (since there weren't any early games this past year) but when we do, we bring that thick-sliced peppered bacon they have at my work. Anybody who's tried that **** will testify about it. Best bacon ever.

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 09:35 AM

Also, try making those stuffed peppers with real bacon and let me know how it goes. You'll have the mother of all grill fires, and your bacon will be burnt black.

We haven't had a breakfast tailgate in a while (since there weren't any early games this past year) but when we do, we bring that thick-sliced peppered bacon they have at my work. Anybody who's tried that **** will testify about it. Best bacon ever.

Dayum skippy , The one I made it to I pigged on Bacon and the Biscuits and Gravy, dint eat any eggs Cuse anyone can scrambled eggs, But Good Bacon and the BanG are hard to get

SunnySooner
2/6/2011, 09:55 AM
Oscar Mayer turkey bacon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Butterball.

I usually have some of both, the kids like it, it's great for BLT's, but sometimes, ya just want the real thing.

btk108
2/6/2011, 09:56 AM

I usually have some of both, the kids like it, it's great for BLT's, but sometimes, ya just want the real thing.

heh....ok....it's your post bday, day....so I'm not going there.

Harry Beanbag
2/6/2011, 11:07 AM

That's why you're supposed to bake them.

btk108
2/6/2011, 12:55 PM

Baking = fail

2121Sooner
2/6/2011, 01:21 PM

I think when he said Butterball he was talking about Dean

KuppiKunta
2/6/2011, 03:12 PM

I make these all the time, and will be again for the Super Bowl later. I've NEVER used turkey bacon and NEVER will!!! Momma needs to stay in the kitchen and away from the grill.

Boarder
2/6/2011, 03:17 PM

Dean, you've got several Weber Smoky Mountains that make the best poppers ever.

Newbomb Turk
2/6/2011, 03:30 PM

Baking = fail

I made some - put em on a rack over a cookie sheet and they turned out great.

bluedogok
2/6/2011, 09:08 PM
Bacon is the answer...... (http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2011/02/best-exam-answer-ever/)

sooner59
2/6/2011, 10:31 PM
Bacon is the answer...... (http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2011/02/best-exam-answer-ever/)

I concur.

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 11:53 AM
Dean, you've got several Weber Smoky Mountains that make the best poppers ever.

You know, I honestly never thought about that. Next time I'm smoking I'm gonna try a couple dozen on there.

Usually though it's like "go throw these on the grill real quick" so I don't have time to get the smokers fired up.

The Profit
2/7/2011, 11:59 AM
Does anyone save their bacon grease to use in other dishes?

Sooner Tri
2/7/2011, 11:59 AM

What is the question?

Boarder
2/7/2011, 01:19 PM
You know, I honestly never thought about that. Next time I'm smoking I'm gonna try a couple dozen on there.

Usually though it's like "go throw these on the grill real quick" so I don't have time to get the smokers fired up.
They work better with thinner cut bacon. Oscar Meyer center cut works excellent. It gets crispier that way.

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 01:24 PM
I guess we all know what Dean is having for Thanksgiving this year along with his Turkey Bacon

Phag.....

http://brightestblue.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/thanksgiving_2008_tofurkey.jpg

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 01:29 PM
Dude, that's just wrong. At least turkey bacon is some kind of an animal by-product. I don't even know WTF tofu is - other than nasty. I'll eat a little of it in the hot & sour soup, but anything with those big chunks of tofu is gross.

I bet you found that crap while doing a gis for "something gross I can stick my dick into" didn't you?

The Profit
2/7/2011, 01:33 PM
Dude, that's just wrong. At least turkey bacon is some kind of an animal by-product. I don't even know WTF tofu is - other than nasty. I'll eat a little of it in the hot & sour soup, but anything with those big chunks of tofu is gross.

I bet you found that crap while doing a gis for "something gross I can stick my dick into" didn't you?

Dean, you saying your dick would fit into that space? jk

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 01:35 PM
Why do you think there's gravy all over it?

cccasooner2
2/7/2011, 01:38 PM
IMO turkey bratz is much better than whatever bratz are normally made from.

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 01:39 PM

It was either the Tofurkey pic or the one of your mom.........

What does tofu and your mom have in common?

It has been in the mouth of countless chinese people

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 01:58 PM
What does your mom and a submarine have in common?

They're both full of semen.

Fraggle145
2/7/2011, 02:39 PM

Yep the smoker is the real way to make the poppers. Cant believe I knew something about smoking you didnt... :eek:

2121Sooner
2/7/2011, 02:51 PM
What does your mom and a submarine have in common?

They're both full of semen.

At least mine was original and timely.

You are getting lazy Dean

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 02:54 PM
I'm hungover from the allsome game last night. What can I say?

C&CDean
2/7/2011, 02:55 PM
Yep the smoker is the real way to make the poppers. Cant believe I knew something about smoking you didnt... :eek:

Well I've always heard you smoked a mean sausage:P

stoopified
2/7/2011, 05:42 PM
Cool its good fer ya, so does that mean it tastes like ****?Isn't that the golden rule of food?