PDA

View Full Version : Observation on Egyptian Rock Throwers

VeeJay
2/4/2011, 10:19 PM
I's finally dawned on me why there have never been any noteworthy MLB pitchers of Egyptian descent.

Those kids throw like sissies. No form at all. Most of them couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Of all the rocks thrown, I've yet to see any of them hit their target.

soonerscuba
2/4/2011, 10:33 PM
Same with the Palestinians and yet Sandy Koufax could hurl, go figure.

delhalew
2/4/2011, 10:38 PM
I's finally dawned on me why there have never been any noteworthy MLB pitchers of Egyptian descent.

Those kids throw like sissies. No form at all. Most of them couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Of all the rocks thrown, I've yet to see any of them hit their target.

You'd think they'd be better at it. They were probably some of the first to have public stonings. We're talking millinia of practice here.

Leroy Lizard
2/4/2011, 10:41 PM
You'd think they'd be better at it. They were probably some of the first to have public stonings.

No one ever said it was a quick death.

OhU1
2/5/2011, 12:07 AM
No one ever said it was a quick death.

Good point. A stone tossed by Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan would kind of be the turd in the punch bowl that would end the party early.

Curly Bill
2/5/2011, 02:55 AM
Peeps in the rest of the world can't throw cause they don't grow up playing baseball and football - they play that commie version of futbol.

Skysooner
2/5/2011, 03:46 AM
Still, the bravery they are showing. It is transcendant.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/5/2011, 09:34 AM
Same with the Palestinians and yet Sandy Koufax could hurl, go figure.

You mean he imagined hurling at the Palestinians?

jkjsooner
2/5/2011, 09:55 AM
Peeps in the rest of the world can't throw cause they don't grow up playing baseball and football - they play that commie version of futbol.

I wouldn't say the "rest of the world." I'm sure peeps in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, South Korea, and Japan can throw rocks with the best of 'em. ;)

I wonder if Indians throw stones like they're bowling the cricket ball, That would be awkward.

I've always wondered if we have an advantage in throwing grenades. I know they teach you to throw with a straight arm but I've heard of guys actually using a baseball throw. (Don't want to drop it or let if fly behind you though.)

Harry Beanbag
2/5/2011, 10:43 AM

:rolleyes:

Ike
2/5/2011, 11:09 AM
Really, with some coaching, they could be much better. Stride toward the target, don't fly open with the front side, use the hips, get a good push from the back leg. You'd think they'd take a little more pride in their stone throwing...

StoopTroup
2/5/2011, 12:32 PM
Back in the day I could have skipped a stone off of 11 to 12 of those Egyptian Military helmets put it through a palace window and killed that Dictator.

2121Sooner
2/5/2011, 12:40 PM

That is why I think that while they couldnt have the sustained quality of a top tier starting pitcher, their toughness might make them one heck of a closer!!!!

It would be awesome. They would warm up and then instead of coming to the mound in that little golf cart they would actually ride out all crazy to the mound on a camel.

It would freak the hitter out.

Someone get Mubarak and Scott Boris on the phone for me ......

lexsooner
2/5/2011, 12:41 PM
But could the rest of the world beat us in belly bucking and pie eating contests? I think not.

StoopTroup
2/5/2011, 12:49 PM
I guarantee you we gots da best gater hunters in da werld.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2010/08/swamp-300x200.jpg

2121Sooner
2/5/2011, 12:50 PM
I guarantee you we gots da best gater hunters in da werld.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2010/08/swamp-300x200.jpg

SHOOT EM!!!!!!

Okla-homey
2/5/2011, 01:22 PM

Dogs that chase cars are brave. But they have no idea what to do with one if they ever caught one. Kinda like this Egyptian rabble.

Okla-homey
2/5/2011, 01:24 PM

They can't shoot for shiite either, due to the complete absence of hunting culture in that country.

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2011, 01:46 PM
VY ought to get over there and show them how to do it!:D

ouwasp
2/5/2011, 01:58 PM
Could it be their incessant chanting that messes with the throwing motion? Or maybe when the red light on the camera activates they get a little stage fright?

btw, do they ever chant anything in English except "Death to America"? :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
2/5/2011, 02:02 PM
Thot the fact Mooslums cant throw a ball was done settled :confused:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/President+Barack+Obama+Throws+Out+First+Pitch+Tu8S IxNQCQDl.jpg

StoopTroup
2/5/2011, 02:24 PM
I have this over in another week or so.

Wag the dog.

2121Sooner
2/5/2011, 02:33 PM
Thot the fact Mooslums cant throw a ball was done settled :confused:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/President+Barack+Obama+Throws+Out+First+Pitch+Tu8S IxNQCQDl.jpg

HAYOH!!!!!!

Cornfed
2/5/2011, 02:34 PM
Who i call brave is those suckers that mounted horses and charged the crowd.

CatfishSooner
2/5/2011, 03:53 PM
Who i call brave is those suckers that mounted horses and charged the crowd.

YOU MEAN MOUNTED CAMELS RIGHT???

Sooner98
2/5/2011, 04:24 PM
They could use a lesson from William Wallace:

zC7ddUhYxAI

Curly Bill
2/5/2011, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't say the "rest of the world." I'm sure peeps in Cuba, the Dominican Republic, South Korea, and Japan can throw rocks with the best of 'em. ;)

I wonder if Indians throw stones like they're bowling the cricket ball, That would be awkward.

I've always wondered if we have an advantage in throwing grenades. I know they teach you to throw with a straight arm but I've heard of guys actually using a baseball throw. (Don't want to drop it or let if fly behind you though.)

Yeah, didn't think of that. :P

Cornfed
2/5/2011, 11:37 PM
YOU MEAN MOUNTED CAMELS RIGHT???

Well some of them were on camels as well, but the majority were on Horses.

soonercruiser
2/6/2011, 11:05 PM
Yes! Yesterday they chanted "we want porta potties"!

soonerboy_odanorth
2/7/2011, 02:21 PM
When states like Iran get under our skin I've always thought shouts of "bomb them back to the stone age" were rather redundant.

Ike
2/7/2011, 03:20 PM
When states like Iran get under our skin I've always thought shouts of "bomb them back to the stone age" were rather redundant.

Cause we'd only set em back 6 weeks?

Skysooner
2/7/2011, 11:01 PM
Dogs that chase cars are brave. But they have no idea what to do with one if they ever caught one. Kinda like this Egyptian rabble.

You honestly think that the colonials had any real idea what they were getting themselves into when they revolted against the British? History is made through ideas and the bravery to attempt to put them into action. Whether this will lead to true democracy or another Muslim dictatorship like Iran remains to be seen. At least it is an attempt to get freedom.

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2011, 11:14 PM
You honestly think that the colonials had any real idea what they were getting themselves into when they revolted against the British? History is made through ideas and the bravery to attempt to put them into action. Whether this will lead to true democracy or another Muslim dictatorship like Iran remains to be seen. At least it is an attempt to get freedom.

What happens when you don't plan ahead?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/29/article-1081634-024ACA8C000005DC-611_468x562.jpg

delhalew
2/7/2011, 11:45 PM

**** me. The framers of our constitution studied every documented government throughout history in forming our republic. They were philosophers, inventors, and diplomats.They knew full well what they were doing.

As far as revolting goes, that's what you do when faced with the situation the colonials found themselves in. Unless you are a bunch of sackless gerbils like most of us today.

All Egypt needs is the right people in a room together. If another democratic ally in that region falls, it will be because our state department took it's eye off the ball.

Skysooner
2/8/2011, 10:32 AM
**** me. The framers of our constitution studied every documented government throughout history in forming our republic. They were philosophers, inventors, and diplomats.They knew full well what they were doing.

As far as revolting goes, that's what you do when faced with the situation the colonials found themselves in. Unless you are a bunch of sackless gerbils like most of us today.

All Egypt needs is the right people in a room together. If another democratic ally in that region falls, it will be because our state department took it's eye off the ball.

It took years after the revolution to get the republic in place the way we know it today. It didn't form overnight. The revolution as it started was unfunded and basically an ill-prepared rabble that finally got trained enough to do some damage, and it wouldn't have been successful without the French. If you don't get that I'm talking the revolution and not the aftermath than I don't know what to say. When faced with a tyranny, it is the right of the people to revolt which is what they are doing. To call them "rabble" does disservice to our own history and the history of countless of other countries in the world.

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 04:19 PM
It took years after the revolution to get the republic in place the way we know it today. It didn't form overnight. The revolution as it started was unfunded and basically an ill-prepared rabble that finally got trained enough to do some damage, and it wouldn't have been successful without the French. If you don't get that I'm talking the revolution and not the aftermath than I don't know what to say. When faced with a tyranny, it is the right of the people to revolt which is what they are doing. To call them "rabble" does disservice to our own history and the history of countless of other countries in the world.

I just can't picture many of the rock throwers as future Thomas Jeffersons.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 04:21 PM
I just can't picture many of the rock throwers as future Thomas Jeffersons.

And I can't imagine Thomas Jefferson throwing any rocks. He played a mean violin though...

Ike
2/8/2011, 04:23 PM
Little known fact about TJ: In his youth, he had a wicked splitty. Dove right off the table.

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 04:24 PM
And I can't imagine Thomas Jefferson throwing any rocks. He played a mean violin though...

We had "Give me liberty, or give me death."

They've got "Give them death."

The Profit
2/8/2011, 04:31 PM
Little known fact about TJ: In his youth, he had a wicked splitty. Dove right off the table.

I know he was a lefty.

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2011, 04:39 PM

Have the Egyptians created their version of a declaration of independence?

The Profit
2/8/2011, 04:50 PM

You bring up a great point. Even a decade before the Declaration of Independence, there was an ornery group (could have fairly been classified as rabble) raising hell in Boston. They spit on British soldiers, complained about taxes, threw tea into the harbor, tarred and feathered folks, etc. Then, calmer heads came together and actually wrote the Declaration of Independence and eventually (through nefarious back door negotiations) got it ratified by all 13 colonies. Although they represented 13 colonies, and most of the colonies had only little in common with each other, they formed a congress and stated their purpose.

This is what the Egyptians must do. They need to find a way to meld the various factions into one organized democratic government (organized and democratic might be an oxymoron). This is my recommendation for any good and successful revolution.

Skysooner
2/8/2011, 08:33 PM
You bring up a great point. Even a decade before the Declaration of Independence, there was an ornery group (could have fairly been classified as rabble) raising hell in Boston. They spit on British soldiers, complained about taxes, threw tea into the harbor, tarred and feathered folks, etc. Then, calmer heads came together and actually wrote the Declaration of Independence and eventually (through nefarious back door negotiations) got it ratified by all 13 colonies. Although they represented 13 colonies, and most of the colonies had only little in common with each other, they formed a congress and stated their purpose.

This is what the Egyptians must do. They need to find a way to meld the various factions into one organized democratic government (organized and democratic might be an oxymoron). This is my recommendation for any good and successful revolution.

Dead on. We look back 200+ years and think these things happened instantaneously. They didn't. The revolution was years in the making.

Leroy Lizard
2/8/2011, 10:28 PM
This is what the Egyptians must do. They need to find a way to meld the various factions into one organized democratic government...

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Oh, man! Heh, heh.

Where was I?

Oh, yeah...

Bwahahahahaha!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!

SanJoaquinSooner
2/8/2011, 11:30 PM

As if they are a colony of some mother country?