PDA

View Full Version : Food shortages?

Okla-homey
2/4/2011, 07:55 PM
Had to hit two separate grocery stores on the way home tonight. Why you ask? Well, one was out of bread, and the other was out of milk. And the one that had bread only had some kind of 37 grain brown crap I wouldn't feed a goat. This is like life in the Soviet Union, without the vodka. Except we don't have "special stores" stocked with luxury vittles for Communist Party big-wigs. That said, we do have "Petty's Fine Foods" at Utica Square.

waynepayne
2/4/2011, 08:02 PM
There is always QuikTrip.

Why the hellz do you need milk and bread when you can have taquitos and a diet coke with two shots of vanilla anyhow.

pfft.

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2011, 08:14 PM
People need to keep their asses at home and quit buying all the ****ing Doritos; i can't keep my accounts stocked and have pretty much run out of product until my next trailer comes in over the weekend(assuming it's on time) and will be having the same problem this next week; this storm has been a bitch on all grocery suppliers and it's gonna take at least 10-14 days to get caught up

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 08:24 PM
Braum's down the road was fully stocked, bread was getting a tad low.

OKC>Tulsa :D

1890MilesToNorman
2/4/2011, 08:25 PM
There's other kinds of food besides bread and milk. Ya got yer goats and pigs and cows and chickens and ****. Oh, you also got's yer frozen everything aisle. :D

soonerbrat
2/4/2011, 08:29 PM
Had to hit two separate grocery stores on the way home tonight. Why you ask? Well, one was out of bread, and the other was out of milk. And the one that had bread only had some kind of 37 grain brown crap I wouldn't feed a goat. This is like life in the Soviet Union, without the vodka. Except we don't have "special stores" stocked with luxury vittles for Communist Party big-wigs. That said, we do have "Petty's Fine Foods" at Utica Square.

that's just silly, goats will eat anything.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 08:30 PM

ANYTHING!

soonerbrat
2/4/2011, 08:30 PM
Oh, my cousin picked me up and took me to grocery store earlier, and there was basically no fresh fruit, no tomatoes, no salad mix, no hamburger meat...didn't check the bread aisle

VeeJay
2/4/2011, 10:12 PM
Bread and milk? P-shawww!

It's Super Bowl week. Beer and chicken wings, my man. Beer and chicken wings.

delhalew
2/4/2011, 11:17 PM
You see what would happen if truckers ever took a day or two off. Some loads have gotten through. The rest of us got caught in -25 to -30 degree weather, which turns diesel to gel. Apparently, even anti gel additive can't help you when it gets that cold.

OhU1
2/4/2011, 11:47 PM
The only items in short supply in my local (Elgin, OK) store were fruit and veggies. It was like I was in a depleted California grocery store were people actually eat that stuff. :confused:

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2011, 12:07 AM
There's other kinds of food besides bread and milk. Ya got yer goats and pigs and cows and chickens and ****. Oh, you also got's yer frozen everything aisle. :D
Ya got your green alligators and long necked geese. Some humpty back camels and some chimpanzees. Some rats and cats and elephants, but sure as you're born...you ain't gonna see no unicorn.

Penguin
2/5/2011, 12:19 AM
Any word on how soon the meth labs will be back up and running again?

delhalew
2/5/2011, 12:29 AM
Any word on how soon the meth labs will be back up and running again?

Nothing can stop a meth lab.

ouduckhunter
2/5/2011, 02:12 AM
The only items in short supply in my local (Elgin, OK) store were fruit and veggies. It was like I was in a depleted California grocery store were people actually eat that stuff. :confused:

What a scary thought!

delhalew
2/5/2011, 02:29 AM
In Marlow, it seems the meat delivery didn't make it.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/5/2011, 02:30 AM
I got some damned good blueberries from Chile. Usually they aren't as good as the domestic blueberries.

I almost never buy from the organic produce section, but I noticed nice looking radishes. They were fantastic. I don't know if it has anything to do with being grown organically or not.... but I'm buying.

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2011, 02:44 AM
Reminds me of a joke.

What's the difference between Oprah and a bowling ball.

At least you can eat a bowling ball.:D

MamaMia
2/5/2011, 02:53 AM
There are no beef tenderloins in this town. We had to settle for pork tenderloin instead.

Curly Bill
2/5/2011, 02:56 AM
There are no beef tenderloins in this town. We had to settle for pork tenderloin instead.

Oh the horror! ;)

MamaMia
2/5/2011, 03:10 AM
Oh the horror! ;) I wanted it easy and I wanted it rare.

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2011, 03:21 AM
I wanted it easy and I wanted it rare.Like Overholster?;)

MamaMia
2/5/2011, 03:38 AM
Like Overholster?;)

Remember that one place that was totally hidden we use to go to? I was there the other day.

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2011, 10:51 AM
I was a Lake Hefner and Hooter Bridge man. The Lake Hefner place is under a freeway and Hooter Bridge is paved.

pphilfran
2/5/2011, 11:03 AM
I wholesale to the Wally Worlds...

My supplier is out of Dallas...shipments to me are 3 or 4 days late....I have lost nearly 4k in gross profit this week alone....

1890MilesToNorman
2/5/2011, 11:03 AM
Stars and Stripes back in the day! What a bunch of degenerates we were.:D

texaspokieokie
2/5/2011, 11:23 AM
minyards is out of bananas.

ouwasp
2/5/2011, 11:33 AM
minyards is out of bananas.

"Yes, we have no bannanas!" ....thanks for causing me to think of the cool old song... :)

texaspokieokie
2/5/2011, 11:38 AM
we have no bananas today.

you're welcome.

that's really old.

Mjcpr
2/5/2011, 12:37 PM
Remember that one place that was totally hidden we use to go to? I was there the other day.

:hot:

OU-HSV
2/5/2011, 04:12 PM
One of the walmart stores in B.A. I went to today was totally out of milk...I mean totally out. It was a very strange sight.
So I stopped at a hole in the wall gas station that I go to in my area and sure enough I was able to get their last 2% milk...but they had plenty of Vitamin D milk

unbiasedtruth
2/5/2011, 04:16 PM
drove by the local wally world today about 1pm, looks like the christmas shopping rush was on....

C&CDean
2/5/2011, 08:28 PM
My Harris-Teeter grocery store at Pentagon City has crappy spinach.

THE HOrror!!11!!

soonerchk
2/6/2011, 11:44 AM
There is always QuikTrip.

Why the hellz do you need milk and bread when you can have taquitos and a diet coke with two shots of vanilla anyhow.

pfft.

They ran out of taquitos and milk. It was horrid!

Super WalMart out in Glenpool was pretty much out of everything on Friday. Might have had something to do with the jackknifed semi blocking the exit from hwy 75. Braums still has milk, but there's a good chance you'll die in their parking lot.

Newbomb Turk
2/6/2011, 11:55 AM
People need to keep their asses at home and quit buying all the ****ing Doritos

went to Crest yesterday and the chip/snack isle was practically bare.

BudSooner
2/6/2011, 12:55 PM
My wife works at the Wally world here in Tahlequah and said two women got into a fist fight over a loaf of bread.

Gotta have them sammiches. ;)

olevetonahill
2/6/2011, 01:07 PM
My wife works at the Wally world here in Tahlequah and said two women got into a fist fight over a loaf of bread.

Heh, They knew the Man would dot those eyes if they dint get his sammich made :D

OU-HSV
2/6/2011, 03:02 PM

Geeze, at least no one got shot in that winter argument.

Boarder
2/6/2011, 03:20 PM
Today, Target was well stocked. But, they had no flour, sugar, or hot dog buns. It was bizarre.