PDA

View Full Version : Guess somebody don't be likin' no Blake

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 03:39 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/04/andre-miller-blake-griffin_n_818807.html

The NBA All-Star game rosters were revealed on Thursday and there's at least one player in the league who does not agree with them.

Portland's Andre Miller ripped Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin to Jason Quick of the Oregonian and said he was chosen because of money.

"They are putting this guy on every ESPN highlight. Yeah, it's cool because fans want to see that, but you isolate him from his team," Miller said. "Especially, he ain't made nobody better. It's basically his rookie year, as an All-Star? LeBron James didn't make an All-Star team as a rookie."

Miller also said Griffin making his first All-Star team is a "slap in the face" to teammate LaMarcus Aldridge and that the league doesn't "appreciate the blue collar workers."

Aldridge is averaging 21.3 points and nine rebounds per game for the Blazers.

Griffin is scoring 23 points and grabbing 12.7 rebounds per game in his rookie season.

Soonerjeepman
2/4/2011, 03:46 PM
hmmm

23 > 21.3 and 12.7 > 9....

I think Blake is making his teammates better...oh well...

Eielson
2/4/2011, 04:07 PM
I guess that's cool that he's sticking up for Lamarcus Aldridge. Cutting down BG was completely unnecessary, though. If he's going to badmouth anybody, which he shouldn't, he should probably go after somebody like Yao.

badger
2/4/2011, 04:09 PM
If anyone was snubbed, it was BG's fellow double-double streaker this season, Minny's Kevin Love. But, he might still make it in to replace Yao Ming. If there was ever an undeserving All-Star selection, I would have to go with the tall Chinese guy that hasn't played ONE MINUTE this season :D

Also, the game is in LA, so it can't be an all-Laker show, right?

As for the comment about making the NBA money... um, why else would they do this game? To honor star players? HahahahahahahaNO.

bigfatjerk
2/4/2011, 04:13 PM
Why is Tim Duncan on the team over Love? Doesn't really matter because Love will get on anyway just because Yao isn't playing. But Blake Griffin is arguably the most exciting player to watch this season.

badger
2/4/2011, 04:20 PM
also, Andre Miller is definitely unbiased when it comes to Blake Griffin:

kheboUnluBE

:rolleyes: It's not like the one-game suspension that he received for that big cheap shot ended a 600-plus streak of consecutive games played or anything

Ruf/Nek7
2/4/2011, 04:44 PM
Clippers have a pretty good Home win streak going...and any win streak for the Clips is a tremendous step forward. If Deandre Jordan made the All-Star roster over aldridge, then i agree, but OU>ut so therefore Griffin is automatically>aldridge

BusterRhymes86
2/4/2011, 05:27 PM
Andre Miller can suck it

stoopified
2/4/2011, 05:43 PM
Andre Miller can suck itHe does suck

Eielson
2/4/2011, 05:54 PM
Love deserves to be in this All-Star game more than just about anybody.

yankee
2/4/2011, 06:31 PM
I'd love to see Andre spend a day with BG and his non "blue collar worker" workout on the beaches. Blake is one of the hardest workers in the NBA, it's just he happens to already be one of the best power forwards in the league.

Soonerite
2/4/2011, 08:33 PM
Poor little jailblazer sounds like he's jealous. Too bad he has to bash a player that would consistently own his *** on the court just to get some press. Maybe he should focus on producing a little more on the court if he wants to get his name in the papers. I'd hate to give Blake any more motivation than he already has when he plays my team.

KBoomer11
2/4/2011, 11:50 PM
Can't wait till Blake dunks on his face next time they play.

tulsaoilerfan
2/5/2011, 09:44 AM
Can't wait till Blake dunks on his face next time they play.

I hope Blake puts his sack squarely on top of Miller's head; now that would be a hellluva sportscenter highlight :D

Eielson
2/5/2011, 11:12 AM
Love deserves to be in this All-Star game more than just about anybody.

Thankfully he was Yao's replacement.

GrapevineSooner
2/5/2011, 03:59 PM
Tyson Chandler was the biggest snub.

But whatev :)

KBoomer11
2/6/2011, 03:41 PM
Tyson Chandler was the biggest snub.

But whatev :)

Maybe not the biggest snub, but he deserves it. He is making Dallas a contender.

starrca23
2/6/2011, 09:32 PM
Maybe not the biggest snub, but he deserves it. He is making Dallas a contender.

Similar stats to Serge Ibaka at 10x the salary. No thank you.
I think Dirk could be the one making Dallas a contender...

KBoomer11
2/6/2011, 10:13 PM
Dirk has been there awhile and they have only had one real shot to win it all. Tyson Chandler is more valuable to Dallas then Serge is to the Thunder because he dominates the paint. It may not reflect in his numbers, which is the reason he is not an All Star, but he is very valuable to that team.

cccasooner2
2/7/2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/04/andre-miller-blake-griffin_n_818807.html

"Especially, he ain't made nobody better."

He speaks more like a refined blue-blood Connecticut gentleman rather than an LA Ute.