PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Menu and Plans

JLEW1818
2/4/2011, 11:09 AM
what u having? plans?

heading over to the sisters house. Mexican food, start drinking some Corona about 2

Don't care for either team, but ready to see a great game!

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 11:11 AM
Gots a 30 pack fer the game, Hope I can get the sugar down enough to enjoy it :eek:

StoopTroup
2/4/2011, 11:17 AM
Pigs in a blanket, summer sausage and some Gouda cheese (the kind in wax), some fried chicken, hot links right off the grill and maybe some Billys BommerQ! I think we have the makings for some of that pretzels with spices in a bag that you shake it all up and then serve the next day. We probably have some velveeta and rotel and sausage if we want some mexi dip and chips. Just tOns of heart attack food. :D

BigUgly
2/4/2011, 11:26 AM
We're making BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza from TheTwistedEpicurean (http://thetwistedepicurean.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/jerry-world/)

I've made it before and it is the bomb.

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 11:34 AM
Here is our menu!

Pre-Game Sitting Around Munchies
Popcorn with Cajun Salt
Blanched Asparagus with Tangy Yogurt Dip
Cajun Roast Chicken Wings
U-Peel Shrimp Boil with Remoulade
Artichoke Fritters with Roasted Garlic Aioli

The Main Event
Jambalaya
Chopped Muffaletta Salad
Rolls with Honey Butter

Dessert
Bourbon Pecan Bread Pudding
Citrus Fruit with Lemon-Cardamom Honey & Pistachio Praline

cccasooner2
2/4/2011, 11:36 AM
Chili (two kinds, beef and chicken) and tortilla chips and lots of salsa (one with refried beans and jalepenos and other stuff). Also adding the stuff that got the Packers to the SB, hot wings and meat balls with BBQ sauce. Go Packers. :)

jumperstop
2/4/2011, 11:37 AM
Some of you guys go all out planning. I guess if you're having a party it makes sense, but I'll probably just have some beer and snacks that I can put in the oven when I'm drunk. Hell, two years ago I passed out in the first quarter from being so drunk and woke up to them presenting the trophy.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 11:53 AM
Here is our menu!

Pre-Game Sitting Around Munchies
Popcorn with Cajun Salt
Blanched Asparagus with Tangy Yogurt Dip
Cajun Roast Chicken Wings
U-Peel Shrimp Boil with Remoulade
Artichoke Fritters with Roasted Garlic Aioli

The Main Event
Jambalaya
Chopped Muffaletta Salad
Rolls with Honey Butter

Dessert
Bourbon Pecan Bread Pudding
Citrus Fruit with Lemon-Cardamom Honey & Pistachio Praline

Know how I know you're gay?

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 11:54 AM
I'm either going to some co-worker's apartment for a party, or going over to the Crystal City Sports Bar and catch it there.

BoomerSooner, esq.
2/4/2011, 11:56 AM
Got Qdoba catering our little shindig. Burritos and nachos. A bottle of crown and a case of corona. In the immortal words of Bart Scott, "Can't Wait!"

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 12:10 PM

Wise people know what to ignore!

But that was the menu sent to me in my email - We are throwing a party in Comanche Housing Projects community center, here on the Tulsa North Side. Some of my wrestling moms came up with the Idea so the kids did not have to be around weed, liquor and tobacco smoke just to watch the game. Were trying to keep it positive for them and since we have several New Orleans kids coming we are making it a Cajun feast.

Your more than welcome to come! - Then you can call us gay to our face.

Sooner_Tuf
2/4/2011, 12:25 PM

If it wasn't clear before I would say that puts the seal on it :D

Crystal City? Arlington? I didn't know you weren't in Oklahoma anymore :(

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 12:38 PM
Wise people know what to ignore!

But that was the menu sent to me in my email - We are throwing a party in Comanche Housing Projects community center, here on the Tulsa North Side. Some of my wrestling moms came up with the Idea so the kids did not have to be around weed, liquor and tobacco smoke just to watch the game. Were trying to keep it positive for them and since we have several New Orleans kids coming we are making it a Cajun feast.

Your more than welcome to come! - Then you can call us gay to our face.

Heh. I'd come if I was in Tulsa and I'd wait until I was done scarfing all that good chow before I called y'all gay.

It's a good thing what you're doing and hopefully you'll make a difference in some of those boys' lives.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 12:38 PM
If it wasn't clear before I would say that puts the seal on it :D

Crystal City? Arlington? I didn't know you weren't in Oklahoma anymore :(

Temporary. I'll be back home in early April or so.

texas bandman
2/4/2011, 01:04 PM
We have a few of the local Methodist youth groups that get together for the Super "Bowl". We meet at a bowling alley and watch the game while we're bowling. We'll probably have pizza - our youth group's favorite food. :mad: It's a fun get together, but unfortunatley nothing but diet DP for me. :(

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 01:08 PM
Heh. I'd come if I was in Tulsa and I'd wait until I was done scarfing all that good chow before I called y'all gay.

It's a good thing what you're doing and hopefully you'll make a difference in some of those boys' lives.

Thanks bro - We have made a pledge to ourselves to step up our game since two of our wrestlers were murdered last summer. Gangs love pulling my wrestlers in because they know they are tough - then they do all the fighting and end up being the ones getting shot.

We have now united with a boxing program as well - check out the video below - I think you will like what were doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do3Cr3gbN7c

cantwait48
2/4/2011, 01:13 PM
I just got a new 42" HD tv so we are watching at home with maybe one guest. Ropa Viejo is the plan along with some taco dip and rice.

the dip is some good stuff:
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder or salt
3 dashes worsh sauce
1 dash tobasco
1/2 packet taco seasoning
mix and spread and top with:
onion, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce bell pepper, olives

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks bro - We have made a pledge to ourselves to step up our game since two of our wrestlers were murdered last summer. Gangs love pulling my wrestlers in because they know they are tough - then they do all the fighting and end up being the ones getting shot.

We have now united with a boxing program as well - check out the video below - I think you will like what were doing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do3Cr3gbN7c

Good Jorb bro . Keep up the good work

SoCaliSooner
2/4/2011, 01:43 PM
Tri-tip...filets and lobster tails from Allen brothers...

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 01:58 PM
Good Jorb bro . Keep up the good work

Thanks! Somebody has to do it!

Tri-tip is defiantly a Cali thang! 3 cuts of meat on one filet - wonderful!

CaliBornSoonerBred
2/4/2011, 01:58 PM
just bought a new 55" LED Samsung to watch the game on and then I get a call from a good buddy(who just happens to be a ticket broker) and apparently he made such a killing on his tickets early on, he's taking me and our other good friend to the game. All we gotta do is buy his beer and food so I lucked out big time on this one. Seats are in the corner endzone 300 level but it's my first Super Bowl and that's all I care!

MamaMia
2/4/2011, 02:59 PM
We're going to a covered dish watch party. I'm taking a case of Boulevard, Granny's potato salad, my baked beans, 3 pork loins that I make with red wine dried cherries, Shoyu sauce, garlic and rosemary, and a 2 Gallon Ziploc bag of my special version of party mix that I make minus the rice chex but with the corn and wheat chex along with sesame sticks, lots of pretzel sticks and tons of cashews and mixed nuts.

cccasooner2
2/4/2011, 03:09 PM
We're going to a covered dish watch party. I'm taking a case of Boulevard, Granny's potato salad, my baked beans, 3 pork loins that I make with red wine dried cherries, Shoyu sauce, garlic and rosemary, and a 2 Gallon Ziploc bag of my special version of party mix that I make minus the rice chex but with the corn and wheat chex along with sesame sticks, lots of pretzel sticks and tons of cashews and mixed nuts.

I'm up for adoption. :)

MamaMia
2/4/2011, 03:56 PM
I'm up for adoption. :) Cool. How are you at washing dishes? :P

salth2o
2/4/2011, 04:16 PM
Stew and Moink balls.

cleller
2/4/2011, 04:28 PM
Hey Mr. Shakadoodoo, in my pre-retired life I was very familiar with Comanche Park. Whatever you are doing to help there is huge- few can probably really comprehend. I understand the Catholic Sisters are no longer there.

Stay strong.

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 06:00 PM
Hey Mr. Shakadoodoo, in my pre-retired life I was very familiar with Comanche Park. Whatever you are doing to help there is huge- few can probably really comprehend. I understand the Catholic Sisters are no longer there.

Stay strong.

Thanks bro! Yea they are gone but were pushing on.

gaylordfan1
2/4/2011, 06:35 PM
Ummm..... Beer and Pizza! I thought that was what every American ate during the Super Bowl.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 06:39 PM
I'm a pseudo Packers fan, but I have a bad feeling about the game.

The menu is open but leaning towards some queso, hot wings, little smokies in BBQ sauce, and some piggies n da blankets for the kiddies. I need a good guac recipe.

JLEW1818
2/4/2011, 06:41 PM
B.J. Raji is the man. My fav packer

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 06:43 PM
B.J. Raji is the man. My fav packer

My favorite player in the league besides the Sooners, is Matthews. He is old school and fun to watch. The guy never takes a break or quits on a play.

sooner ngintunr
2/4/2011, 06:49 PM
Tri-tip...

SM style I'm sure. These hillbillys over here don't have a clue.:D

A Sooner in Texas
2/4/2011, 10:24 PM

I think I need that pork loin recipe, Mama. It's not a family secret, is it? It sounds amazing!

Please?:O
I'll wash your dishes telepathically. :D

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/4/2011, 11:51 PM
My Packer/fishing buds are coming over. Gonna have blackened red snapper. I caught it 2 weeks ago. Cooked out back in a dutch oven. I have an amazing technique. We'll have some side tater salad, dips, veggies, and uh...beer!

KuppiKunta
2/5/2011, 12:09 PM
SM style I'm sure. These hillbillys over here don't have a clue.:D

This hillbilly knows tri-tip! But I have taken tips from Socali.

85sooners
2/5/2011, 12:42 PM
shove it up ur ***

Soonerfan88
2/5/2011, 12:50 PM
Hanging with my co-workers, we're doing potluck. I'm taking little smokies & meatballs.

sooner518
2/5/2011, 12:54 PM
I just got a new 42" HD tv so we are watching at home with maybe one guest. Ropa Viejo is the plan along with some taco dip and rice.

the dip is some good stuff:
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder or salt
3 dashes worsh sauce
1 dash tobasco
1/2 packet taco seasoning
mix and spread and top with:
onion, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce bell pepper, olives

can I come over and just eat your dip? ill leave right afterwards......

goin to the in-laws out in the country. i know we'll have a bunch of shrimp and I think they're either grilling steaks or chicken fajitas. plus queso and some kind of 7 layer dip.
and she always has a fridge full of Shiner or plain ole beer for me even though none of them drink beer. Its nice having cool in-laws.

BudSooner
2/5/2011, 01:30 PM
Tri tip sounds great, though i've never gotten it quite right i've had it at a friends house and it was awesome.

sooner ngintunr
2/5/2011, 02:09 PM
Tri tip sounds great, though i've never gotten it quite right i've had it at a friends house and it was awesome.

You have to cook em on one of these.http://www.santamariagrills.com/24X20.jpg

When I first moved to OK my neighbor and I threw a 4th of july party. It was funny as heck, everyone had to come over and check out my cranker. I couldn't believe out of everyone at the party, no one had seen one before. I probably cook at least 18 tri tips a year. If you want any tips let me know. It's very very easy. I lived in Santa Maria for over 20 years.

Jason
2/5/2011, 02:32 PM
My Packer/fishing buds are coming over. Gonna have blackened red snapper. I caught it 2 weeks ago. Cooked out back in a dutch oven. I have an amazing technique. We'll have some side tater salad, dips, veggies, and uh...beer!

Are you saying you have an amazing dutch oven technique? :D

SoCaliSooner
2/5/2011, 05:15 PM
Hanging with my co-workers, we're doing potluck. I'm taking little smokies & meatballs.

I have some guys who work for me and usually take them and their wives/girlfriends out for dinner for our Christmas parties. Due to schedule conflicts we couldn't get a workable date for everybody. I joked about throwing a Super Bowl party and buying good food and it surprisingly worked.
I could spend more for food and actually spend less overall...

auto
2/5/2011, 09:02 PM
Just another sunday, cook on the grill and try and find a channel that works besides the No Fun League.

BudSooner
2/5/2011, 09:09 PM
You have to cook em on one of these.http://www.santamariagrills.com/24X20.jpg

When I first moved to OK my neighbor and I threw a 4th of july party. It was funny as heck, everyone had to come over and check out my cranker. I couldn't believe out of everyone at the party, no one had seen one before. I probably cook at least 18 tri tips a year. If you want any tips let me know. It's very very easy. I lived in Santa Maria for over 20 years.
I've seen one smilar to that type, you can raise the rack 18", i've just never had the desire to get one at least not till now.

cattlemaster
2/5/2011, 09:11 PM
Pot of beans and rotel. Too busy feeding cattle in all of this fun weather to do anything fancy. :(

Soonerson1975
2/5/2011, 09:22 PM
Putting some beans in the crockpot tonight.

sooner ngintunr
2/5/2011, 09:27 PM
I've seen one smilar to that type, you can raise the rack 18", i've just never had the desire to get one at least not till now.

I'm a minimum of 18" off of the oak coals for the first hour or so (at least). The actual throw on mine is more like 24". They are also really good for baby backs. If I hit it right, I never have to flip 'em.

I brought mine from CA. These guys do it right though.http://www.santamariagrills.com/index.htm

You'll also need some of this.http://www.susieqbrand.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&c=1&p=7

That stuff is good on everything.

StoopTroup
2/8/2011, 02:42 PM
The best thing that could happen to Commanche Park would be those folks getting different housing and CP getting flattened by heavy equipment.