PDA

View Full Version : No Felony fer Mustain

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 09:54 AM
Dude got lucky ,

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=6087930&w_cid=widgets:scoreboard:ncf:

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 10:06 AM
What kind of double standard is that? I know people who did time for selling boo (fake crack)

Mad Dog Madsen
2/4/2011, 10:08 AM
*smh*

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 10:11 AM
What kind of double standard is that? I know people who did time for selling boo (fake crack)

He a white boy, Pay tention :P

Boomer.....
2/4/2011, 10:28 AM
This will still kill his draft status. At least what little bit he had.

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 10:40 AM

Moren likely. What kinda idjit ADVERTISES Illegal drugs?:rolleyes:

Soonerfan88
2/4/2011, 10:43 AM
Heh I bet he thought they were Adderall and paid more than they were worth thinking he would get even more on resale.

Arkies.....

jumperstop
2/4/2011, 11:03 AM
Heh I bet he thought they were Adderall and paid more than they were worth thinking he would get even more on resale.

Arkies.....

I bet you he was trying to be a drug dealer and rip people off....That's a good way to get shot is selling some bunk ****, and especially now that it's been released in a presser that it wasn't Adderall

StoopTroup
2/4/2011, 11:44 AM
Everybody deserves a 1st chance to turn it around. Screw up twice and evidently you didn't get it. Double standards should only take place on #2 felony. These guys who commit felonies with weapons should get the hammer. If you are a junky making dough to support your habit....it's just different to menthan some guy who's dealing to try and take over the cities drug business and killing off folks. Scary folks should get the hammer.

I really am leaning towards making drug use a misdemeanor unless you are driving.

OU-HSV
2/4/2011, 11:48 AM

If by little you mean zero :D

jumperstop
2/4/2011, 11:50 AM
Everybody deserves a 1st chance to turn it around. Screw up twice and evidently you didn't get it. Double standards should only take place on #2 felony. These guys who commit felonies with weapons should get the hammer. If you are a junky making dough to support your habit....it's just different to menthan some guy who's dealing to try and take over the cities drug business and killing off folks. Scary folks should get the hammer.

I really am leaning towards making drug use a misdemeanor unless you are driving.

I like this, do what you want to hurt yourself and only get a ticket. Our prisons are too full of people who were caught with a bag a weed on them.

badger
2/4/2011, 11:56 AM
If by little you mean zero :D

STEP might have more insight into this, but I've heard that NFL scouts evaluate every senior QB now so that less studs (Tom Brady, Tony Romo) that end up as NFL starters don't fall through the cracks as easily. Thus, I think that Mitch Mustain will get a chance at an NFL training camp, much like one-time stud Jevan Snead did... and failed at.

I think I am more convinced than ever that some sports mommies and daddies can buy their sports sons and daughters 5-star (or at least get recruited by top programs) status through tons of camps, professional trainers and connections. Some do pan out, but others... well, they're paying $10k bail as part of the NFL Draft preparation :rolleyes:

OU-HSV
2/4/2011, 12:08 PM
STEP might have more insight into this, but I've heard that NFL scouts evaluate every senior QB now so that less studs (Tom Brady, Tony Romo) that end up as NFL starters don't fall through the cracks as easily. Thus, I think that Mitch Mustain will get a chance at an NFL training camp, much like one-time stud Jevan Snead did... and failed at.

I think I am more convinced than ever that some sports mommies and daddies can buy their sports sons and daughters 5-star (or at least get recruited by top programs) status through tons of camps, professional trainers and connections. Some do pan out, but others... well, they're paying $10k bail as part of the NFL Draft preparation :rolleyes:

I hear ya.

Maybe he'll get a shot similar to how other QBs get invites to training camps. Similar to how our own QBs Jason White, Paul Thompson, etc. got shots (not that I'm comparing those two or their college careers in any way shape or form to this d-bag)...but I don't see the kid getting drafted. And I honestly don't see him taking it any further than getting a shot. I just think this kid has been overhyped since he graduated high school.

Sooner_Tuf
2/4/2011, 12:19 PM

Well that explains a lot

:gary:

KantoSooner
2/4/2011, 12:35 PM
I like this, do what you want to hurt yourself and only get a ticket. Our prisons are too full of people who were caught with a bag a weed on them.

Total agreement. Next step after that: legalize weed and sell it through liquor stores. It was always harder to get alcohol than weed when I was a teenager, anyway. And we've simply been subsidizing organized crime through this prohibition.

cccasooner2
2/4/2011, 01:23 PM
Moren likely. What kinda idjit ADVERTISES Illegal drugs?:rolleyes:

If he had been black, the word reckless would have been placed in front of the charges adding 3+ yrs to the penalty.

SoCaliSooner
2/4/2011, 01:59 PM
People forget that the current L.A. City Attorney is Carmen Trutanich. He used to be the attorney that all the usc football players used when they were arrested for things like rape. He had some leverage with the former attorney and charges were rarely ever filed against usc players or were greatly reduced.

Now he's the one determining whether or not to file charges....

cccasooner2
2/4/2011, 02:08 PM
People forget that the current L.A. City Attorney is Carmen Trutanich. He used to be the attorney that all the usc football players used when they were arrested for things like rape. He had some leverage with the former attorney and charges were rarely ever filed against usc players or were greatly reduced.

Goota like that deal. Helping the CA budget. :D

King Barry's Back
2/4/2011, 10:35 PM

Dued was selling. Not sure I get your point? I guess he wasn't trying to "take over the cities drug business," but it is only his first offense.

I guess it was a big deal when Charles Thompson did it, it oughta still be a big deal.

King Barry's Back
2/4/2011, 10:39 PM

Must be nice for the players/coaches at SC. :rolleyes:

VA Sooner
2/4/2011, 10:39 PM
Career went down the toilet, especially with not being able to make up his mind where to play football.

soonergirlNeugene
2/4/2011, 10:44 PM

I think this one is kind of an urban legend. It's very rare that someone is going to wind up in prison on a first time possession charge, especially w/ such a small amount. When I was working at the DA's office we usually worked out a probation/treatment plan for small time users on their first offense. For repeat offenders w/ small amounts like that, most counties are coming to see drug court as a better alternative to lengthy incarceration.

85sooners
2/5/2011, 12:51 PM
:eek: