PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get carried away

stoopified
2/4/2011, 09:27 AM
I think it is an established fact on this board and to all who know me I am a big spporter and believer inJeff Capel,HOWEVER I have heard and read some comments that lead me to think someboy or bodies have let renewed expectations run amok.I cannot fathom that this team suddenly is now a contendor for a Big 12 top 4 seed or avirtual lock for the NIT.Baby steps people,let's see if this team can beat someone besides ISU on the road before we make this monumental leap .Among others I have heard Blevins,Hale and Rowland in the media and numerous callers and posters say these things.

Personally I would be ticled to finish 8-8 in conference and that will be tough enough to do ,but I can't see us winning enough games to be a #4 seed in the conference tourney.Before the season I picked us to finish 10-4 in noncon,7-9 in conference and 1-1 in the tourney to stand at 18-14 and get an NIT bid.To get there now we have to finish 9-7 in conf and 1-1 in the tourney.

That is possible yet far from a high proability. We still have KU at home,UT at home
,as well as a road rematch with an aTm team that throttled us in Norman,road games at underachieving but talented KSU,MU.Two games remain against oSuwhich should be dogfights,meanwhile Doc Sadler's Corn Boys are playing tough.I don't see a top 4 finsh there no matter how hard I try.I admit I would be ecstatic if we pull it off I just think 17-15 or 18-14 is a more likely scenario.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/4/2011, 09:43 AM
I haven't seen anybody on these forums talk about a top 4 finish. We still have the toughest part of our schedule to come. I'm just hoping we can get to 8-8 to ensure a winning record and maybe a postseason berth.

I'm still holding out hope that we can surprise one of the big boys coming up. texass and ku aren't used to the atmosphere they'll see here. LNC could be an echo chamber of horrors for them.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 10:11 AM
1. Why don't you post this in one of the Capel bashing threads instead of starting a new thread about it?

2. Spaces go after commas, and double spaces go at the end of a sentence.

TopDawg
2/4/2011, 10:40 AM
Double spaces are for pansies.

BusterRhymes86
2/4/2011, 01:32 PM
This team is playing hard and is improving...That's good enough for me.

badger
2/4/2011, 02:43 PM
Double spaces are for pansies.

Everything "double" is for pansies in basketball.

Double-team? Pbbth, what? You can't guard Blake Griffin one-on-one? Pansy.

Double-dribble? What, you can't find another pansy to pass the ball to or find a way to get a clear shot off? Pansy.

Double-bonus? What, you pansies can get your pansy points unless your pansy arse gets foul calls from the pansy refs so you can get your pansy uncontested shots? Pansies.

Double-technical foul? What, you pansy refs don't want to make either coach or fanbase upset at you, so your pansy arse chickens out and calls technicals on both teams? Pansies.

Eielson
2/4/2011, 03:10 PM
2. Spaces go after commas, and double spaces go at the end of a sentence.

Stoopified is legally blind.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 03:42 PM
What's that got to do with anything?

sooner_born_1960
2/4/2011, 04:00 PM
double spaces go at the end of a sentence.
Dean is so old.

Eielson
2/4/2011, 04:05 PM
What's that got to do with anything?

I thought that made typing difficult for him. Maybe not, though.