PDA

View Full Version : McCain and Giuliani -- Unfit to Lead

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2011, 09:22 PM
This Egypt crisis has made it crystal clear why both McCain and Giuliani are totally and completely unfit to lead. Thank God neither of these bozos became President.

Let's start with McCain...
When the crisis first started, it was clear he lacked a deep understanding of the political situation in Egypt. Knowing this, he chose to speak anyway and made several statements about not needing another "Tiananmen Square" in the streets of Cairo. It should have been crystal clear at that point that the military had no intention of attacking the demonstrators and that, if anything, they're closer to supporting the man in the street than the regime. There were a couple of other statements that made it clear he was fairly clueless.

He seemed to have boned up a bit on his Egyptian politics because he was a bit more coherent in an interview tonight. However, insanely, he made the statement that it is never in the interest of the United States to support foreign leaders who do not share our values of human rights and individual liberty. Seriously McCain? Seriously? It's that kind of Wilsonian wishful thinking that led to undermining the Shah and the rise of the Ayatollah. The idea that the United States should disregard its national interests and only support pure as the freshly fallen snow foreign leaders is dangerous, irresponsible, and frankly insane.

And then there's Giuliani....

Rudy was a bit more pragmatic trying to point out that while Mubarak's regime could be brutal, it was in our national interests to support him. Morgan really started badgering him over supporting a despot when the US removed Saddam, partly, in the name of human rights. Rudy should have held his ground and insisted that it's necessary to support people like Mubarak when it's in our national interests, but Rudy started to cave...sadly.

And then he made the most insane thing I've heard anyone suggest. Morgan asked him what Israel should be doing, and Giuliani actually said that Israel needs to work with the United States behind the scenes to support a post-Mubarak government that doesn't include the Muslim Brotherhood. OMFG, seriously Rudy? Seriously? Can you even begin to imagine the reaction of your average Egyptian if Israel was manipulating events in order to install a government friendly to its interests? The fallout would be unimaginable. In fact, rather than prevent the Muslim Brotherhood from gaining power, I'm pretty sure that it would almost guarantee that a radical Islamic regime would come to power.

Neoconservative lunatics and liberal do-gooders are going to destroy this country. I weep for the Republic.

Curly Bill
2/3/2011, 09:26 PM
I don't like either of those guys.

Veritas
2/3/2011, 09:41 PM
I've never been a fan of McCain and have viewed Giuliani as a neocon dickwas ever since reading Payback (http://www.amazon.com/Payback-Conspiracy-Destroy-Financial-Revolution/dp/0887307574) a few (ahem, 15) years ago.

* Paul FTW

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 09:48 PM
Even Bush kissed their asses. The Saudis and Jordan hold the key to our State Dept's policies. Some of you might see it differently and be ready to push the WWIII Button but I think they all know better than to push the Israelis into having it out with them all. We continue to try and make peace there. McCain and Guillani are only showing their true colors. Neither would have been any better than Obama.

We still have yet to see the RNC show any cards as to who they see as the next guy or gal to take on Obama. All I see is opinions that think that it doesn't matter who they bring to the table....Obama couldn't beat Hitler.

Unless they come out with a really decent candidate....The meltdown here will be more epic than the Mizzou loss this year.

delhalew
2/3/2011, 10:28 PM
This is out of right field a little bit, but I can't help but notice that democrats seem terrified of Bachman. This always peaks my interest. Do you think she would ever walk the walk?

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2011, 10:53 PM
This is out of right field a little bit, but I can't help but notice that democrats seem terrified of Bachman. This always peaks my interest. Do you think she would ever walk the walk?

Bachman is a better representative of tea party principles than Palin is, IMHO. I can't see her making a run for the big seat, but I'd like to see her take on a bigger role in recruiting candidates and advancing a conservative agenda in Congress.

I know that the establishment part of the party was pissed she gave a separate response to the SOTU, but I say f'k 'em. The establishment wing of the party has been a colossal disaster, so they really don't have a lot of validity left in my estimation.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 11:01 PM
I am just glad we have Obama to take care of this.

He really seems to have his finger on the pulse of the problem. I cant wait for him to go over there, apologize for America being ****ty over the years, and bowing to leader of the Muslim Brotherhood.

We are so much better off with this guy in charge. What is so twisted about Obama being President is that I am actually happy that Hilary Clinton is Secretary of State.

delhalew
2/3/2011, 11:53 PM
Bachman is a better representative of tea party principles than Palin is, IMHO. I can't see her making a run for the big seat, but I'd like to see her take on a bigger role in recruiting candidates and advancing a conservative agenda in Congress.

I know that the establishment part of the party was pissed she gave a separate response to the SOTU, but I say f'k 'em. The establishment wing of the party has been a colossal disaster, so they really don't have a lot of validity left in my estimation.

She talks a great game, and she seem to mean it...

She has won reelection despite having a BIG bulls eye on her seat. I've even signed a couple of petitions for her because she often has ideas that I support.

rainiersooner
2/4/2011, 12:32 AM
Sic Em - what do you think the US approach should be with Egypt right now? I'm not being facetious in asking. Because I agree with you that the US should act in its best interest. I'm not sure that the alternative to Mubarek is in our best interest, which I gather is a point with which you might agree. The biggest challenge imo to democracy in the middle east right now is that the people might vote for really bad leaders who will not be allies of ours.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2011, 12:42 AM
Thinking About Ronald Reagan: On 100th Birthday, He's Remembered for Good Reason
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/01/thinking-about-ronald-reagan-on-100th-birthday-hes-remembered/?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C41116&a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

SicEmBaylor
2/4/2011, 12:43 AM
Sic Em - what do you think the US approach should be with Egypt right now? I'm not being facetious in asking. Because I agree with you that the US should act in its best interest. I'm not sure that the alternative to Mubarek is in our best interest, which I gather is a point with which you might agree. The biggest challenge imo to democracy in the middle east right now is that the people might vote for really bad leaders who will not be allies of ours.

Mubarak remaining in power would be the best situation for us. As for our approach, I don't think we should do anything at all. Getting heavily involved in the domestic affairs of foreign nations is always problematic. In the Middle East, any meddling by us or the Israelis could very easily backfire and bring about the very thing that we're trying to prevent (the rise of a fundamentalist regime).

The only public comments the administration should have made are something along these lines: "President Mubarak has been a long time ally of the United States, but any change in government is a decision left to the people of Egypt and President Mubarak himself." And that should have been the end of it.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2011, 12:44 AM

Mubarek is a lost cause. Hang onto him and we'll have less influence on what the alternative is like.

Blue
2/4/2011, 12:57 AM
Mubarrak seems to think he's been sold out by the west. That it is a conspiracy. Thats maybe why he has ordered his supporters to attack journalists and foreigners.

I kinda buy that because the Whitehouse's mouthpiece (the media) is all for this shift in power. Question is, that if that is the case, what would we have to gain from the transfer of power?

It always hard to tell with geopolitics. Theres so much that goes on that we never hear about.

SicEmBaylor
2/4/2011, 12:58 AM
Mubarrak seems to think he's been sold out by the west. That it is a conspiracy. Thats maybe why he has ordered his supporters to attack journalists and foreigners.

I kinda buy that because the Whitehouse's mouthpiece (the media) is all for this shift in power. Question is, that if that is the case, what would we have to gain from the transfer of power?

It always hard to tell with geopolitics. Theres so much that goes on that we never hear about.

That's why it's better to stick with the SOB you know rather than the one you don't.

rainiersooner
2/4/2011, 01:52 AM
Yeah that was my thought...or at least support some process where you have input into choosing the next guy.

Peach Fuzz
2/4/2011, 01:59 AM
So, if we looked for our best interest over there, wouldn't that be potentially catastophic for us/Israel when the time comes that we need the Egyptians most? You think they will forget as easily as Americans that we don't care about them, just our interests? This situation sucks... Radicals of all kinds can suck a big one :cool:

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 02:00 AM
Can we send em Obama? He looks like one of em anyway, and it's near his homeland. We can then get us a new guy! :D

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2011, 08:52 AM
Can we send em Obama? He looks like one of em anyway, and it's near his homeland. We can then get us a new guy! :D

Biden fan, hey?

The Profit
2/4/2011, 09:57 AM
This Egypt crisis has made it crystal clear why both McCain and Giuliani are totally and completely unfit to lead. Thank God neither of these bozos became President.

Let's start with McCain...
When the crisis first started, it was clear he lacked a deep understanding of the political situation in Egypt. Knowing this, he chose to speak anyway and made several statements about not needing another "Tiananmen Square" in the streets of Cairo. It should have been crystal clear at that point that the military had no intention of attacking the demonstrators and that, if anything, they're closer to supporting the man in the street than the regime. There were a couple of other statements that made it clear he was fairly clueless.

He seemed to have boned up a bit on his Egyptian politics because he was a bit more coherent in an interview tonight. However, insanely, he made the statement that it is never in the interest of the United States to support foreign leaders who do not share our values of human rights and individual liberty. Seriously McCain? Seriously? It's that kind of Wilsonian wishful thinking that led to undermining the Shah and the rise of the Ayatollah. The idea that the United States should disregard its national interests and only support pure as the freshly fallen snow foreign leaders is dangerous, irresponsible, and frankly insane.

And then there's Giuliani....

Rudy was a bit more pragmatic trying to point out that while Mubarak's regime could be brutal, it was in our national interests to support him. Morgan really started badgering him over supporting a despot when the US removed Saddam, partly, in the name of human rights. Rudy should have held his ground and insisted that it's necessary to support people like Mubarak when it's in our national interests, but Rudy started to cave...sadly.

And then he made the most insane thing I've heard anyone suggest. Morgan asked him what Israel should be doing, and Giuliani actually said that Israel needs to work with the United States behind the scenes to support a post-Mubarak government that doesn't include the Muslim Brotherhood. OMFG, seriously Rudy? Seriously? Can you even begin to imagine the reaction of your average Egyptian if Israel was manipulating events in order to install a government friendly to its interests? The fallout would be unimaginable. In fact, rather than prevent the Muslim Brotherhood from gaining power, I'm pretty sure that it would almost guarantee that a radical Islamic regime would come to power.

Neoconservative lunatics and liberal do-gooders are going to destroy this country. I weep for the Republic.

Great Post. Have your read Friedman's book, "From Beirut to Jerusalem?"

soonerscuba
2/4/2011, 10:41 AM
The U.S. has zero influence over a populist movement at this point, what we do and do not do right now isn't relevant, I would hope for a relatively moderate democracy which will keep it's peace with Israel, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, Obama would roll Bachman. She is a blatant liar, and not in the Al Gore way, literally she will just say stuff that is demonstrably false without any regard for factchecking. While they may work in a frothy town hall full of Tea Party folks, that will not stand against any sort of credible national scurtiny.

2121Sooner
2/4/2011, 10:53 AM
That's why it's better to stick with the SOB you know rather than the one you don't.

Looks like Obama just found a new slogan to replace "hope and change"

OklahomaTuba
2/4/2011, 11:03 AM
Also, Obama would roll Bachman. She is a blatant liar, and not in the Al Gore way, literally she will just say stuff that is demonstrably false without any regard for factchecking.Thank GOD Obomba has never lied about anything. Hope and Change as they say.

I'd much rather have someone in office who misses a few facts on minor issues than purposely drives our healthcare system & economy into a ditch. Or crams the most expensive stimulus package in history down our throats and says it worked while the unemployment rate soars.

delhalew
2/4/2011, 11:35 AM
The U.S. has zero influence over a populist movement at this point, what we do and do not do right now isn't relevant, I would hope for a relatively moderate democracy which will keep it's peace with Israel, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, Obama would roll Bachman. She is a blatant liar, and not in the Al Gore way, literally she will just say stuff that is demonstrably false without any regard for factchecking. While they may work in a frothy town hall full of Tea Party folks, that will not stand against any sort of credible national scurtiny.

Why don't you support that with facts...oh nevermind.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 11:41 AM
Thank GOD Obomba has never lied about anything. Hope and Change as they say.

I'd much rather have someone in office who misses a few facts on minor issues than purposely drives our healthcare system & economy into a ditch. Or crams the most expensive stimulus package in history down our throats and says it worked while the unemployment rate soars.

Unemployment soared because of the economy left by perhaps the worst president in American history, George W. Bush. Before Bush left office, his administration created the worst recession since the great depression. Please show me any evidence that the very early portions of the Obama health care bill have cost a single job. Obama ran for president with the promise of health care reform. He and Biden were elected, by a wide margin, over McCain and Simpleton Sarah. He had a mandate to change health care.

soonerscuba
2/4/2011, 11:44 AM
Why don't you support that with facts...oh nevermind.http://politifact.com/personalities/michele-bachmann/statements/

Sorry man, I don't care about her either way, but just stating a fact that Obama would crush her. I mean this is like saying Howard Dean had a shot against Bush in 2004.

delhalew
2/4/2011, 01:12 PM
http://politifact.com/personalities/michele-bachmann/statements/

Sorry man, I don't care about her either way, but just stating a fact that Obama would crush her. I mean this is like saying Howard Dean had a shot against Bush in 2004.

I don't have anything riding on her personally. As I suspected, several of the supposed lies listed by that site were...not so much.

That list reads like one speech from our fearless leader. Let's be realistic, Obama is in no position to "crush" anyone. Yes I am familiar with polls that say otherwise, but I know better than to believe every poll I read.

soonerscuba
2/4/2011, 01:23 PM
I don't have anything riding on her personally. As I suspected, several of the supposed lies listed by that site were...not so much.

That list reads like one speech from our fearless leader. Let's be realistic, Obama is in no position to "crush" anyone. Yes I am familiar with polls that say otherwise, but I know better than to believe every poll I read.That is actaully a decent insight, anybody that likes Michelle Bachman would be impossible to break through a confirmation bias on the very notion of agreeing with her.

If one says "Michael Moore should run for president", it would literally be impossible to convince them that would be a bad idea given the framework in which they already exist. The Tea Party failed to win contested Senate races primed for Democratic failure, they lost to a write-in candidate, if you think they have any shot whatsoever in a national, more power to you.

Blue
2/4/2011, 01:34 PM
That is actaully a decent insight,

Good job, Delhalew. :P

Ike
2/4/2011, 02:02 PM
Mubarak remaining in power would be the best situation for us. As for our approach, I don't think we should do anything at all. Getting heavily involved in the domestic affairs of foreign nations is always problematic. In the Middle East, any meddling by us or the Israelis could very easily backfire and bring about the very thing that we're trying to prevent (the rise of a fundamentalist regime).

The only public comments the administration should have made are something along these lines: "President Mubarak has been a long time ally of the United States, but any change in government is a decision left to the people of Egypt and President Mubarak himself." And that should have been the end of it.

I don't know...I'd perhaps say it a little differently...

"Egypt and the United States have long enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship, and President Mubarak has been a good steward of that relationship, irrespective of whatever failures, real or percieved, his administration has had at home. It is our hope that this relationship will continue regardless of the outcome of the current unrest in Egypt today. We urge President Mubarak and his political opponents to come to a peaceful agreement to resolve the current crisis, and strongly condemn the use of violence by either the current Egyptian administration, or the protesters in the streets. "

But yeah, basically the same tone you mentioned. I think we run big risks when we try to prop up unpopular leaders...

OklahomaTuba
2/4/2011, 02:51 PM
Please show me any evidence that the very early portions of the Obama health care bill have cost a single job.Do hospital jobs count?

Memorial Hospital cites Obama Health Care Reform on hospital layoffs http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Memorial_Hospital_cites_Obama_Health_Care_Reform_o n_hospital_layoffs_106485623.html

3M, boeing, etc have always made plans if the law is somehow upheld.

OklahomaTuba
2/4/2011, 02:53 PM
Let's be realistic, Obama is in no position to "crush" anyone.I doubt obumblefuc could get renominated again, much less re-elected.

Egypt is quickly turning into his Iran.

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 03:33 PM
Unemployment soared because of the economy left by perhaps the worst president in American history, George W. Bush. Before Bush left office, his administration created the worst recession since the great depression. Please show me any evidence that the very early portions of the Obama health care bill have cost a single job. Obama ran for president with the promise of health care reform. He and Biden were elected, by a wide margin, over McCain and Simpleton Sarah. He had a mandate to change health care.

You've got to be a troll because no one can really be so stupid.

MR2-Sooner86
2/4/2011, 04:16 PM
You've got to be a troll because no one can really be so stupid.

From the same poster who brought you this...

Good for Bloomberg. Something needs to be done about the out-of-control gun situation in this country. God bless him for his efforts.

He's either a troll or a sh*t for brains. I vote both :pop:

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 04:59 PM
The second one is not at all in question. And yeah, he's prolly a troll as well. :D

pphilfran
2/4/2011, 05:25 PM
He ain't a troll...

And he damn sure ain't chit for brains...

He is firm in his beliefs...:)

Gun ownership may be a right but he believes we would be in better shape without such easy gun ownership...and that fact is hard to argue against...

KantoSooner
2/4/2011, 06:00 PM
Mubarek held things together when Sadat was shot and completed the transition from Nasser-ite moronia that Sadat had started.

Then he hung around waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too long, got a bit frisky with the public purse and openly tried to engineer a dynastic succession for Jr.

Somebody brighter than me said '12 good years, 20 bad'. And that seems about right.

I do not hold that the US has any duty or interest in finding and supporting pilgrims. Sometimes our interests are way over on the other side of things. But you have to know when to cut your losses. And Mubarek has become an anchor.

We should encourage open and fair elections in a republican framework because they tend to bleed off internal pressures and result in more stability over the long haul.

One key problem, however, has been that you need some foundation on which to build that form of government; and much of the world did not have that foundation. We are living through a post-Imperial, post-Colonial period and it's taking some time to work through the kinks. Hopefully, in Egypt's case, they are able to come out of this with a government more attuned to the Egyptian people.

Cornfed
2/5/2011, 02:40 PM
As for our approach, I don't think we should do anything at all. Getting heavily involved in the domestic affairs of foreign nations is always problematic. In the Middle East, any meddling by us or the Israelis could very easily backfire and bring about the very thing that we're trying to prevent (the rise of a fundamentalist regime).

I couldnt agree more with you there.

CrimsonCream
2/8/2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Obama and Egypt.

Here is Sleaze telling Egypt what is best for their Country when he has his own Country so f*cked up that it will take 20 years to clean up.

Here we are with Egypt being one of a couple of allies over there and we want to screw them over like Carter did with Iran.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, Obama and Egypt.

Here is Sleaze telling Egypt what is best for their Country when he has his own Country so f*cked up that it will take 20 years to clean up.

Here we are with Egypt being one of a couple of allies over there and we want to screw them over like Carter did with Iran.

Most international expects, and even American conservatives like William Kristol, think Obama has played his cards on the Egyptian situation craft-fully. I have read your same message (almost written verbatim) on other boards. I have a question for you. What was the shape of America when Obama took over? How was the economy? What was the military situation? I look forward to your reply.

CrimsonCream
2/8/2011, 12:29 PM
Most international expects, and even American conservatives like William Kristol, think Obama has played his cards on the Egyptian situation craft-fully. I have read your same message (almost written verbatim) on other boards. I have a question for you. What was the shape of America when Obama took over? How was the economy? What was the military situation? I look forward to your reply.

Aw Profit, you're on the Left and I'm on the Right. Your message is constant as is mine. I'm not going to change your mind as you won't mine.

But if you ask the American people if they are better off today as they were two years ago, what do you think they would say?

Plus, the fringe Loon Left has the biggest Ace card. The corrupt, lying media. Remember how the media pounded Bush over gasoline prices? War deaths? Unemployment? Etc. Obama gets a daily free pass on everything.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 12:32 PM
Aw Profit, you're on the Left and I'm on the Right. Your message is constant as is mine. I'm not going to change your mind as you won't mine.

But if you ask the American people if they are better off today as they were two years ago, what do you think they would say?

Plus, the fringe Loon Left has the biggest Ace card. The corrupt, lying media. Remember how the media pounded Bush over gasoline prices? War deaths? Unemployment? Etc. Obama gets a daily free pass on everything.

You really think so? You must watch Fox. Is that a free ride?

OklahomaTuba
2/8/2011, 12:34 PM
I have a question for you. What was the shape of America when Obama took over?This should help answer this...

http://www.onlineinvestingai.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/obama-budget-deficit.jpg

And this was BEFORE Obamacare, so its much worse now.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 12:39 PM
This should help answer this...

http://www.onlineinvestingai.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/obama-budget-deficit.jpg

And this was BEFORE Obamacare, so its much worse now.

When you consider '09 and '10 were caused by bush jr, who led us into the worst recession since the great depression, it is not too bad. Had we left health care as it was (33rd in the world) with costs skyrocketing, the numbers would actually be worse.

CrimsonCream
2/8/2011, 12:52 PM
When you consider '09 and '10 were caused by bush jr, who led us into the worst recession since the great depression, it is not too bad. Had we left health care as it was (33rd in the world) with costs skyrocketing, the numbers would actually be worse.

You mean with the Loon and corrupt Congress?

OklahomaTuba
2/8/2011, 12:54 PM
When you consider '09 and '10 were caused by bush jrNo, it was caused by a democratic controlled congress. Of Which Senator Obama was a member of.

The Profit
2/8/2011, 12:58 PM
No, it was caused by a democratic controlled congress. Of Which Senator Obama was a member of.

You seem intelligent, and with that said, you know better than that.

CrimsonCream
2/9/2011, 09:10 AM
Hey Profit, did you get your tax payer funded, GM government bailout $3,000 employee bonus? :)

Just another sign how corrupt everything is. Imagine, taking tax payer money to bailout a mismanaged automobile company and then to top it off give each hourly worker a $3,000 bonus in tax payer money.

These sons of bitches have no shame.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 09:19 AM
Hey Profit, did you get your tax payer funded, GM government bailout $3,000 employee bonus? :)

Just another sign how corrupt everything is. Imagine, taking tax payer money to bailout a mismanaged automobile company and then to top it off give each hourly worker a $3,000 bonus in tax payer money.

These sons of bitches have no shame.

Glad you brought that up, my old friend CrimsonCream. While you were mentioning the piddly $3,000.00 bonus that the poor grunt on the assembly line received, why didn't you mention the $ million bonuses received by the wall street banking executives, who were also bailed out.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 09:30 AM
Glad you brought that up, my old friend CrimsonCream. While you were mentioning the piddly $3,000.00 bonus that the poor grunt on the assembly line received, why didn't you mention the $ million bonuses received by the wall street banking executives, who were also bailed out.

You are new. We have been over that ad nauseum.

Maybe read over some old threads to catch up on the stupid comments your leftist brethrenhave made. Ya'll might as well get on the same page.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 09:44 AM
You are new. We have been over that ad nauseum.

Maybe read over some old threads to catch up on the stupid comments your leftist brethrenhave made. Ya'll might as well get on the same page.

Please save me both the suspense and/or the time it takes to look. Was it the belief of the majority of the board members that the wall street fat-cat bonuses were okay, but the GM working stiff bonuses were not? With your answer, I will not again raise the subject.

CrimsonCream
2/9/2011, 10:09 AM

Yes, and that too is unthinkable.

Seriously, Profit, what is the solution to all of this or has it just become acceptable much like the continuous lying in politics.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 10:26 AM
Crimson, the simple solution would be for the government to end its support of any business, and simply let business succeed or fail on its own. Wouldn't it be simple to do away with bailouts, scrap tariffs, end farm subsidies, abolish the minimum wage, stop workplace safety regulations, allow industries to once again pollute lakes, streams and rivers, etc.

Of course, that would leave us with fewer companies, poorer workers, maimed employees, and horrible air, land and water conditions (kind of like the 1920's).

CrimsonCream
2/9/2011, 11:25 AM
Thank you.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 11:30 AM
Crimson, the simple solution would be for the government to end its support of any business, and simply let business succeed or fail on its own. Wouldn't it be simple to do away with bailouts, scrap tariffs, end farm subsidies, abolish the minimum wage, stop workplace safety regulations, allow industries to once again pollute lakes, streams and rivers, etc.

Of course, that would leave us with fewer companies, poorer workers, maimed employees, and horrible air, land and water conditions (kind of like the 1920's).

Ah yes. All or nothing. Gold star. The leftist mothership is glowing with pride.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 11:38 AM
Ah yes. All or nothing. Gold star. The leftist mothership is glowing with pride.

Hey, I just said what a simple solution would be. I didn't say that I thought it should be done that way.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 11:51 AM
Hey, I just said what a simple solution would be. I didn't say that I thought it should be done that way.

Don't think for one second, that I didn't know EXACTLY what you were trying to do. I know what you guys are going to say before you spit it.

For a group off folks that think you are so damn intelligent, you need to find some new tactics. It's like the Jedi mind trick. It only works on the weak minded.

The Profit
2/9/2011, 11:55 AM
Don't think for one second, that I didn't know EXACTLY what you were trying to do. I know what you guys are going to say before you spit it.

For a group off folks that think you are so damn intelligent, you need to find some new tactics. It's like the Jedi mind trick. It only works on the weak minded.

Hey, I like the "Jedi mind trick." It honestly made me laugh. Your attempt at Freud impersonation was a bit weak though.

Veritas
2/9/2011, 11:55 AM
Hey, sweet, another benefit of my Retard Remover is that it zaps the idiotic comment some blue-spekking pisswad left in my spek listing.

I love me some me.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 12:06 PM
Hey, sweet, another benefit of my Retard Remover is that it zaps the idiotic comment some blue-spekking pisswad left in my spek listing.

I love me some me.

Oh come on. Blue spek is cute. Seriously, though...if these guys don't up their game, I'm gonna be all over your uber-useful Retard Remover.

OutlandTrophy
2/9/2011, 01:21 PM

I thought recessions and depressions were a natural part of capitalism.

Is that not true?

The Profit
2/9/2011, 01:23 PM
I thought recessions and depressions were a natural part of capitalism.

Is that not true?

Some economists think so, yet some economists don't. I would tend to believe that recessions, and certainly depressions, are caused more by greed than by any of single thing.

delhalew
2/9/2011, 02:00 PM
Recessions are natural, but very short lived. They only drag on or double dip, when the ecosystem is contaminated by government intervention. Things like the FED keep the ecosystem from correcting itself in the natural way.

MR2-Sooner86
2/9/2011, 02:15 PM
Recessions are natural, but very short lived. They only drag on or double dip, when the ecosystem is contaminated by government intervention. Things like the FED keep the ecosystem from correcting itself in the natural way.

Example, anybody ever hear of the Depression of 1920? No. Why? Austrian school at work and we see what happens. Great Depression? Yes. Why? The government messing around and we see what that did.