PDA

View Full Version : Graham Bennett-Heritage Hall

JRAM
2/3/2011, 08:37 PM
Could one of the mods in the know fill me in on what Grahams situation will be next year for the OU football team. I hear that Stoops is vry high on him as a player and it is nice that he doesn't require a scholarship.

setem
2/3/2011, 08:53 PM
I take it he is Clay Bennett's boy?

Collier11
2/3/2011, 09:59 PM
What does he play?

sooner94
2/3/2011, 10:23 PM
Heritage Hall is turning out some serious talent these days. Started with Welker and it keeps continuing.

I know part of it is some former players with money sending their kids to private school. Are they giving scholarships too?

Collier11
2/3/2011, 10:25 PM
Let me answer that for ya...my Junior year HH won 2 or 3 games, dont remember. They were in our district. My Senior year they beat the dog snot out of us and won state.

sooner94
2/3/2011, 10:33 PM
Let me answer that for ya...my Junior year HH won 2 or 3 games, dont remember. They were in our district. My Senior year they beat the dog snot out of us and won state.

What years are you talking about? Was Welker's senior year the first year they won state?

Collier11
2/3/2011, 11:13 PM
I think that was his JR. year, I could be wrong

Boomer38Sooner
2/4/2011, 12:41 AM
He goes to Casady School.

Peach Fuzz
2/4/2011, 02:01 AM
Meh. private schools...

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 02:12 AM
One of the dumbest things Oklahoma does (IMO) is allow private schools to compete against public schools for championships.

This is one area where: Texas > Oklahoma

cleller
2/4/2011, 07:38 AM
One of the dumbest things Oklahoma does (IMO) is allow private schools to compete against public schools for championships.

This is one area where: Texas > Oklahoma

Until one of the private schools gets big enough to play (and beat) Jenks or Union, I'd have never even thought of this.

How many seriously good private HS's are there in Oklahoma? 4? In Tulsa Cascia is always good, Holland Hall was this year due to the Kragthorpe kid. They are both either 2-A or 3-A I think. Bishop Kelley may be 4-A, but only fair.

Don't keep up with OKC, but know Heritage Hall is the big one.

Would the prospect be one league for all private schools, regardless of size?