PDA

View Full Version : All-star reserves

Quik Sand
2/3/2011, 07:28 PM
Westbrook and Griffin check in. Meanwhile, Tim Duncan is awarded a lifetime achievement award by making it in over Kevin Love. Hopefully Stern selects Love for the injured Yao Ming.

ouleaf
2/4/2011, 10:46 AM
Can't not put Duncan in....The guy is a legend and the Spurs have been the best team from the first tip off of the season.....Love is certainly deserving, but there does seem to be an emphasis on guys being selected from winning teams for the most part. As great as Love has been this year, the Twolves are still terrible.

Excited for Blake getting the selection....I think the game being in LA definitely helped weigh in the decision process, but he is certainly deserving. I also thinking having Blake in the game will result in much higher TV ratings for the actual game.

jumperstop
2/4/2011, 10:53 AM
Can't not put Duncan in....The guy is a legend and the Spurs have been the best team from the first tip off of the season.....Love is certainly deserving, but there does seem to be an emphasis on guys being selected from winning teams for the most part. As great as Love has been this year, the Twolves are still terrible.

Excited for Blake getting the selection....I think the game being in LA definitely helped weigh in the decision process, but he is certainly deserving. I also thinking having Blake in the game will result in much higher TV ratings for the actual game.

I guess it's how you see the function of the All-Star game. Does Duncan deserve for his career? Yes. Does he deserve for this season? No. I think people like to see the "stars" whether or not they are acctually the best player, that'll probably never change. Of course if they acctually took the best player, I think a lot of the All-Star games would have a slightly different roster. Good to see Westbrook and Griffin make it though.

yankee
2/4/2011, 06:49 PM
Duncan making the All-Star game is a joke. Andre Miller should have said something about him making it, not Blake.

KBoomer11
2/4/2011, 09:11 PM
Andre Miller bashing Blake is ridiculous. Blake is averaging more points and rebounds and has a worse supporting cast and they are only 6 games back of Portland.

starrca23
2/5/2011, 11:35 AM
Blake is a beast. Miller is the only person in this world who thinks he doesn't belong.

the_ouskull
2/6/2011, 12:10 PM
For those who want to bash Love for not playing on a winning team, please look into the actual facts before you spout your made-up ones. Love is leading the league (and it's not even really close) in Win Score, a metric which determines how many wins you bring to your team via your play.

It's not his fault that the rest of his team has a negative win-score. He's playing his *ss off.

I'm joking about the negative WS. Although only three players on the team have an above-average PER, meaning a measure of how well they play when they're playing, regardless of minutes or pace of play. 15 is the league average. Ridnour's is 15.89, Beasley's is 16.59. Love's is 24.46. Love is 7th in the league. His next best teammate is 108th in the league, sandwiched firmly between Hakim Warrick and an injured AK-47.

And, on an even more fair (and more perimeter-oriented) stat, Adjusted Win-Score, Love STILL leads the league.

http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=%25&yr=2011&gp=0&mins=0

the_ouskull