PDA

View Full Version : If you were President Obama...

Boarder
2/3/2011, 02:53 PM
what would you do about the Oklahoma snow-saster snowbliteration situation? Gov. Failin requested federal aid because of the snow. The President has a responsibility to help, but most people in Oklahoma hate him. Some hate him a lot. Some worse than that.

So, if you were President Obama, what would you do?

EDIT: What would you do in this situation. We all know that at least three of you would kill yourself, resign, or something to that effect.

NormanPride
2/3/2011, 02:55 PM
Poop on their lawn.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 02:55 PM
I would put on my mom jeans and start shoveling some snow.

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 02:59 PM
what would you do about the Oklahoma snow-saster snowbliteration situation? Gov. Failin requested federal aid because of the snow. The President has a responsibility to help, but most people in Oklahoma hate him. Some hate him a lot. Some worse than that.

So, if you were President Obama, what would you do?

I would help if we really needed it. But do we? Does this classify as a disaster?

I could use some help on this next electric bill though - Every time my kids see the temperature outside - they turn up the damn thermostat!

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 03:02 PM
Barack Obama hates white people!!!!!!

SoCaliSooner
2/3/2011, 03:27 PM
Whatever happened to people taking care of themselves in a "disaster"? I have generators, fuel, and supplies to take care of my family in several locations for at least 3 months...maybe even 4 without any assistance in case of an earthquake.

Oklahoma gets hit with tornadoes every year...and a snowstorm sends people into panic? Do people forget to have supplies on hand for these situations?

okie52
2/3/2011, 03:30 PM
Barack Obama hates white people!!!!!!

Kanye South?

SoCaliSooner
2/3/2011, 03:47 PM
Kanye South?

Kanye Northwest...

The Profit
2/3/2011, 03:52 PM
I am trying to figure out what classifies this snowstorm as a disaster.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 03:56 PM
Aint that bad. , Id deny it

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 03:57 PM
What qualifies as aid?

I mean, how can you be for or against something if you dont understand what Gub Falling needs it for?

SoCaliSooner
2/3/2011, 03:57 PM

That which prevents an okie from getting to/from a walmart.

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 03:59 PM
As Long as it doesn't go to LeFlore Co I'm for it. Everything is fine down there. :D

The Profit
2/3/2011, 03:59 PM
That which prevents an okie from getting to/from a walmart.

I have been banned for saying less. This doesn't mean that I wasn't more than slightly humored by your post.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 04:01 PM
As Long as it doesn't go to LeFlore Co I'm for it. Everything is fine down there. :D

Yup, I just went to town, Lot of Ice for the 1st mile till i got out to the other road that has some traffic.;)

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 04:04 PM
Well Vet it's easier to get traction on gravel roads....LOL

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 04:06 PM
I have been banned for saying less. This doesn't mean that I wasn't more than slightly humored by your post.

Yes, coming from him it was humorous. Coming from you it wouldn't be. Why? Because his comment was made tongue-in-cheek. You actually believe your "I'm better than everybody else cause I'm a yankee Presbyterian" horse****.

Besides, whining about getting banned is a banable offense.

The Profit
2/3/2011, 04:09 PM
Yes, coming from him it was humorous. Coming from you it wouldn't be. Why? Because his comment was made tongue-in-cheek. You actually believe your "I'm better than everybody else cause I'm a yankee Presbyterian" horse****.

Besides, whining about getting banned is a banable offense.

I never really whined. I just stated a fact. Do you believe we need federal disaster assistance for a snow storm?

NormanPride
Dean, you should hand out more yellow cards to give the Pack some luck. :D

StoopTroup
:pop:

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 04:10 PM
[tag]C&C wants Profits tongue between his cheeks[tag]

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Boarder
2/3/2011, 04:11 PM
The snow-struction sounds worse if you say it with a British accent. Say it: Dee sahhs tuhh. Dee sahhs tuhh.

3rdgensooner
2/3/2011, 04:11 PM
Yes, coming from him it was humorous. Coming from you it wouldn't be. Why? Because his comment was made tongue-in-cheek.Uhm, have you met SoCal?

Eielson
2/3/2011, 04:12 PM
I'd just go to the Super Bowl and act like nothing happened.

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 04:13 PM
Uhm, have you met SoCal?

Nope. If he's as big a putz as profit is then he'll eventually **** in his oatmeal.

olevetonahill
Uhm, have you met SoCal?

I havnt and dont care to, he seems to like bashing the State and OU Players :rolleyes:

NormanPride
If I say it like that then it just sounds like the snow is a minor hindrance to my toy poodle going widdle outside. Of course, that is a major trahh vest ee to some people.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 04:15 PM
If I say it like that then it just sounds like the snow is a minor hindrance to my toy poodle going widdle outside. Of course, that is a major trahh vest ee to some people.

Yup I agree bro , having a Poodle is kinda bad:D

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 04:16 PM
As long as Fallin promises to leave Obamacare to the SCOTUS, he'll probably send the aid.

The Profit
2/3/2011, 04:17 PM
I havnt and dont care to, he seems to like bashing the State and OU Players :rolleyes:

At least I have never bashed an OU player...Not even Joe Don Looney, who was a friend of mine, or Charles Thompson, who went to my high school. If they wear the crimson and cream, they are good enough for me.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 04:19 PM

He doesnt bash the State. Just the people living there.

Just sayin'

The Profit
2/3/2011, 04:21 PM
Nope. If he's as big a putz as profit is then he'll eventually **** in his oatmeal.

Whatever....You don't know me.

The Profit
2/3/2011, 04:22 PM
He doesnt bash the State. Just the people living there.

Just sayin'

I only bash some of the people living here. Hey, I pay taxes here, and I vote. I think I have that right.

Sooner_Bob
2/3/2011, 04:26 PM
He didn't send it for the floods last year . . . why would he send it now?

Jammin'
2/3/2011, 04:52 PM
Why is Tell Failin to eff off. in italics?

cccasooner2
2/3/2011, 05:47 PM
If I were the CIC, I'd tell Fallin to f**k off. I know it's Fallin's job as a professional beggar but I would definitely ask for a down to the penny assesment of the "disaster". I would also make her personnally accountable for fraud should her allegations prove false.

I believe in the criminalization of politics. :D

okie52
2/3/2011, 05:56 PM
If I were the CIC, I'd tell Fallin to f**k off. I know it's Fallin's job as a professional beggar but I would definitely ask for a down to the penny assesment of the "disaster". I would also make him personnally accountable for fraud should his allegations prove false.

I believe in the criminalization of politics. :D

If Obama is mean to Oklahoma then they might not vote for him.

AlboSooner
2/3/2011, 06:00 PM
If the governor deems it necessary for us to receive aid, then the president needs to respond by giving us federal aid. And he will.

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 06:03 PM
Maybe he will just make the sun a little warmer and just melt all the snow.

The masses that voted for him thought he had that kind of power when they elected him.

AlboSooner
2/3/2011, 06:03 PM

The masses that voted for him thought he had that kind of power when they elected him.

I like your use of hyperbole. Poetry is not dead after all.

soonerchk
2/3/2011, 06:06 PM
He should blame Canada.

The Profit
2/3/2011, 06:08 PM

Perhaps he will. The weather has certainly gone to hell in a hand basket since fallin took the oath (or kinda took it). Besides, why do we need federal assistance. Doesn't she have the entire highway patrol behind her, or in some position around her?

waynepayne
2/3/2011, 06:11 PM
If the governor deems it necessary for us to receive aid, then the president needs to respond by giving us federal aid. And he will.

bingo.

I certainly have enough faith in the President to think he is above nanny nanny boo-boo's...

2121Sooner
2/3/2011, 06:22 PM
I also heard he is gonna have a "Beer Summit" with this guy.......

http://addins.wvva.com/blogs/weather/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/6a00e3933596708834010536dcbffe970b-500wi.jpg

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 09:12 PM
It will be 40 degrees in a day or so. If people can't make it for a few days....we as a State are in bad shape. Why didn't she prepare for this? It's not like she's new to the State's Problems. BTW....I like Gumbynor Falling.

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2011, 09:34 PM
If I were Obama, the first thing I'd do is have myself a giant fried-chicken dinner with a side of watermelon and wash it down with a big cup of grape kool-aid.

Then I'd smoke a little crack and jack someone's caddy.

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 10:10 PM
If I were Obama, the first thing I'd do is have myself a giant fried-chicken dinner with a side of watermelon and wash it down with a big cup of grape kool-aid.

Then I'd smoke a little crack and jack someone's caddy.

I think people in our Country believe that's what he does. I can guarantee you that he can get **** a whole lot better than crack.

picasso
2/3/2011, 10:59 PM

Not having the resources to make the roads drivable and to treat them afterwards. We don't exactly budget for these things because they never happen here.
There's a start.

Have ya seen the tractor trailers lined up on the pikes, doosh breath?

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 11:20 PM
Not having the resources to make the roads drivable and to treat them afterwards. We don't exactly budget for these things because they never happen here.
There's a start.

I can see us gettin a lil help for the roads, But from what i know ,a Fed disaster deal opens up a whole can of worms of Fed aid to Peeps who dont really need it .

OUthunder
2/3/2011, 11:28 PM
Why wouldn't he send it? He'll just print more.

jdsooner
2/3/2011, 11:46 PM
It is a disaster. I discovered that when called to our church because it was flooded by a broken sprinkler system pipe. What a mess! The firemen said it was the 7th broken line they had worked today.

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 12:32 AM
It is a disaster. I discovered that when called to our church because it was flooded by a broken sprinkler system pipe. What a mess! The firemen said it was the 7th broken line they had worked today.

How is that a Disaster that the Feds need to help with? for that matter why in hell ya bothering the F.D.?

Hell I had enough sense to let my water run a lil so it wouldn't freeze :rolleyes:

picasso
2/4/2011, 01:49 AM
When you have folks on the roads who can't drive home or are from out of state and are stranded I could see it. Mostly I was just giving the new troll a hard time.

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 02:07 AM
When you have folks on the roads who can't drive home or are from out of state and are stranded I could see it. Mostly I was just giving the new troll a hard time.

;) Kinda thot that.
Now dont Churches and stuff help stranded travelers?
I remember in the Ice storm we had down here in 2000 My son and I went out in his 4WD and pulled folks out of ditches, had our chain saws and helped the neighbors clear their drives of Downed trees . Hell we spent several hrs cutting up trees and clearing the road.

FEMA came thru a few days later and every ****in bum in the county tried to sign up for FREE ****.:mad:

SoCaliSooner
2/4/2011, 02:11 AM
I don't know how many people realize that FEMA was originally started to deal with nuclear disasters only.

Curly Bill
2/4/2011, 02:15 AM
I don't know how many people realize that FEMA was originally started to deal with nuclear disasters only.

But we don't have many of those, so we have to justify its existence.

Another example of how once a government program/agency is put into place you just have to sit back and watch it grow.

Sooner_Bob
2/4/2011, 09:21 AM
Good thing we don't have a natural gas shortage . . . (http://www.ktsm.com/news/new-mexico-governor-declares-emergency)

My wife was talking to a friend from NM yesterday as her gas service got turned off.

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 09:35 AM
Good thing we don't have a natural gas shortage . . . (http://www.ktsm.com/news/new-mexico-governor-declares-emergency)

My wife was talking to a friend from NM yesterday as her gas service got turned off.

Have I said how much I love my Pellet stove lately. This thing is the allsome, Keepin the shack warm all thru these nasty single didjit days

I do remember back in 89 I think the Gas lines freezing up in Latimer county
Man that was some cold days

The Profit
2/4/2011, 10:04 AM

Where did you get that information? Its not true.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 10:06 AM
There's a start.

Interesting. They said on the news last night that there was plenty of money already allocated for handling this storm. The statement was made by both the OKC and state disaster directors.

picasso
2/4/2011, 10:54 AM
Interesting. They said on the news last night that there was plenty of money already allocated for handling this storm. The statement was made by both the OKC and state disaster directors.

Really? You should drive to Tulsa.

Take the Rogers Turnpike.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 11:15 AM
Really? You should drive to Tulsa.

Take the Rogers Turnpike.

Most people are smart enough to wait until the roads are clear.

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 11:28 AM

:rolleyes:

Sooner_Bob
2/4/2011, 11:29 AM

Except those that have to be at work to get paid . . . besides, some roads may not get touched at all.

picasso
2/4/2011, 11:31 AM

I'm talking about the working folks out traveling. You know, truckers and such.
Your breath is especially dooshish this am.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 11:44 AM
I'm talking about the working folks out traveling. You know, truckers and such.
Your breath is especially dooshish this am.

What is with the personal insults? Can you not debate without childish words? Good grief.

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 12:00 PM
What is with the personal insults? Can you not debate without childish words? Good grief.

How is this even anything to Debate?
You made an asinine statement, and 2 peeps called ya on it :rolleyes:

picasso
2/4/2011, 12:16 PM

This is debating? Get over yourself.

I'm treating you the way you've been treating others. You have an obvious pattern of being an obnoxious jerk here. You're off to a great start by giving the guy that runs our tailgates ****.

Great work. Your parents would be proud.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 12:24 PM
This is debating? Get over yourself.

I'm treating you the way you've been treating others. You have an obvious pattern of being an obnoxious jerk here. You're off to a great start by giving the guy that runs our tailgates ****.

Great work. Your parents would be proud.

My parents would be 30 years dead. You don't debate because you know not how to debate.

picasso
2/4/2011, 12:26 PM
My parents would be 30 years dead. You don't debate because you know not how to debate.

Show me how. You obviously don't know anything about the road conditions here in my area and the folks who have been stranded in or near their vehicles for several days now.

You made a brilliant comment about smart people staying home. That's some serious debating skills you have going on there.

On the other hand I don't give two ****s. You're obviously a windy trollbag who has nothing better to do but start **** here and pine for something smoother than the palm of your hand.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 12:34 PM
Show me how. You obviously don't know anything about the road conditions here in my area and the folks who have been stranded in or near their vehicles for several days now.

You made a brilliant comment about smart people staying home. That's some serious debating skills you have going on there.

On the other hand I don't give two ****s. You're obviously a windy trollbag who has nothing better to do but start **** here and pine for something smoother than the palm of your hand.

Again, you know nothing about debate. Please tell me how many people are still stranded in their cars, or did you just pull that out of the air?

picasso
2/4/2011, 12:37 PM
Again, you know nothing about debate. Please tell me how many people are still stranded in their cars, or did you just pull that out of the air?

As of last night on the 6 pm news there were still a ton of them. I drove 45 miles west of Tulsa yesterday and saw 3 tractor trailers blocking the exit from HWY 75 into downtown Tulsa.

Not to mention the people who died when their truck went off of I-44 near Miami yesterday morning.

Want more dip****?

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 12:41 PM
As of last night on the 6 pm news there were still a ton of them. I drove 45 miles west of Tulsa yesterday and saw 3 tractor trailers blocking the exit from HWY 75 into downtown Tulsa.

Not to mention the people who died when their truck went off of I-44 near Miami yesterday morning.

Want more dip****?

Hes skeered of ya Pic :D

picasso
2/4/2011, 12:49 PM
Hes skeered of ya Pic :D

Well he's busy preaching the art of debate when all he can say is the other guy can't debate. One need look no further than Google and the local Tulsa news station websites to learn about the truckers who have been stranded betwixt Tulsa and OKC and even the poor folks from out of state stranded near Catoosa. The routes are no doubt better now than yesterday but there are still trucks blocking major roads in Tulsa.

It's really silly. If we need aid in some form then let's get it. Oklahoma doesn't budget and have the resources to deal with this weather like Kansas and other states.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 12:50 PM

Want more dip****?

so, you are tell me that there are a ton of people, who are still in the cars since Monday night. Is that really what you are saying?

picasso
2/4/2011, 12:53 PM
so, you are tell me that there are a ton of people, who are still in the cars since Monday night. Is that really what you are saying?

Still? Doubtful. As of last night, yes. I didn't say it. The news did.

Go use the computer in front of you to do some research. And this has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative, smart guy.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 12:57 PM
Still? Doubtful. As of last night, yes. I didn't say it. The news did.

Go use the computer in front of you to do some research. And this has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative, smart guy.

Better than that, like any good former reporter, I called the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. I asked them this simple question. "Has anyone in Oklahoma been stuck in their automobile since the snow storm arrived on Monday night." The reply was, "not that we know of."

picasso
2/4/2011, 01:06 PM
Better than that, like any good former reporter, I called the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. I asked them this simple question. "Has anyone in Oklahoma been stuck in their automobile since the snow storm arrived on Monday night." The reply was, "not that we know of."

Well everyone on the news at KOTV Tulsa lied last night. Shall I sue them?

And do you need to read the original topic in this thread again? When did the Governor request aid? Do you think folks were in trouble then by chance?

Have you driven anywhere in the past 48 hrs? Did you know there were truckers from out of state stranded on I-44 who were low on gas and food, etc.?
Hella reporter you must have been.

Sooner_Bob
2/4/2011, 01:27 PM

Having the money doesn't necessarily equal having the bodies/equipment.

The Profit
2/4/2011, 03:16 PM
Well everyone on the news at KOTV Tulsa lied last night. Shall I sue them?

And do you need to read the original topic in this thread again? When did the Governor request aid? Do you think folks were in trouble then by chance?

Have you driven anywhere in the past 48 hrs? Did you know there were truckers from out of state stranded on I-44 who were low on gas and food, etc.?
Hella reporter you must have been.

You are really funny.

picasso
2/4/2011, 04:39 PM
You need to get a life. 10 neg speks? Truly wanker worthy.

picasso
2/4/2011, 04:40 PM
You are really funny.

And that's some mad debating skillz. You must be an icy hot stunta.:D

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 04:45 PM
You need to get a life. 10 neg speks? Truly wanker worthy.

What's the point in negging someone if you're red?

Discuss.

GKeeper316
2/4/2011, 04:46 PM
this is not a disaster.

as far as i know, we dont have hundreds of thousands of people without power or whose homes have been destroyed.

my guess is that matress mary requested this aid knowing that it would be denied.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 04:47 PM
I gave the begger down on Memorial and Penn a $10 spot today. Told him to enjoy the beer and smokes that he buys with it later.

GKeeper316
2/4/2011, 04:52 PM
hell the only problem i have with the roads is all the stupid people in their 2 wheel drives getting stuck and gettin in the way...

you don't use a butter knife to carve turkey. you use a carving knife. if you dont have the right tool for the job, dont attempt the job. all i saw yesterday (when i was out in my jeep going to retrieve a stranded friend) was dumbasses in trucks with slick street tires and no extra weight in the bed spinning out and making the roads impassable for those of us smart enough to buy a 4 wheel drive.

picasso
2/4/2011, 04:58 PM
hell the only problem i have with the roads is all the stupid people in their 2 wheel drives getting stuck and gettin in the way...

you don't use a butter knife to carve turkey. you use a carving knife. if you dont have the right tool for the job, dont attempt the job. all i saw yesterday (when i was out in my jeep going to retrieve a stranded friend) was dumbasses in trucks with slick street tires and no extra weight in the bed spinning out and making the roads impassable for those of us smart enough to buy a 4 wheel drive.

Can't argue with that. Way too many folks with the wrong vehicle out there.
My truck is two wheel drive but I've got nearly 400 lbs of weights over the back tires.

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 06:16 PM
Momma called a while ago. I guess the T-intersection a couple miles from the Deanarosa is all froze up and somebody ended up in our ditch. She asked me how to get her new tractor into 4WD. I cracked up. I said "why don't you take the old one?" She goes "cause it ain't got a cab crackhead." I go "you're getting soft ain't ya?" she goes "just so long as you don't."

Anyhow, she drug him out and got him on his way. She said the road there is solid, slick ice.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 06:17 PM
Momma called a while ago. I guess the T-intersection a couple miles from the Deanarosa is all froze up and somebody ended up in our ditch. She asked me how to get her new tractor into 4WD. I cracked up. I said "why don't you take the old one?" She goes "cause it ain't got a cab crackhead." I go "you're getting soft ain't ya?" she goes "just so long as you don't."

Anyhow, she drug him out and got him on his way. She said the road there is solid, slick ice.

I just walked outside and with the new snow that has fallen, the concrete is really slick. be careful out there folks!

olevetonahill
2/4/2011, 06:20 PM

An amazing woman:cool:

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 06:23 PM
Yes indeedy. The good Lord blessed me with a solid keeper.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 06:25 PM
Yes indeedy. The good Lord blessed me with a solid keeper.

She obviously likes bald guys. :D

C&CDean
2/4/2011, 06:28 PM
Obviously. She kinda liked me when I looked like Friar Tuck too though.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 06:30 PM
Obviously. She kinda liked me when I looked like Friar Tuck too though.

See, I went the opposite direction. I went from Slim Dean to Friar Tuck, lol. BTW, she looks really young, but don't tell her I said that, lol.