PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle into Spring River near Miami Oklahoma

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 10:10 AM
Looks like most of the folks in the Chevy Avalanche were rescued. They went over the side of the bridge and took one hell of a plunge into the river. By the looks of thing most of them crawled out of the sun roof onto the outside of the vehicle.

Be careful on the bridges folks.

OU-HSV
2/3/2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah I've been watching this. A bit ago it wasn't looking so good...but now they've reported "most" of the flights were indeed rescue flights and not recovery flights

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 10:15 AM
I just read about this, Dayum in this cold I didnt figure any of em stood a chance . Glad that is not the case .

OU-HSV
2/3/2011, 10:27 AM
I just read about this, Dayum in this cold I didnt figure any of em stood a chance . Glad that is not the case .

Yeah when I first saw the report around like 7:30 or so the temp in Miami was -12 still I think, or -9. Anyway, cold enough it would take a lot to survive even a short time outside unprotected

rekamrettuB
2/3/2011, 10:30 AM
Most?

btk108
2/3/2011, 10:42 AM
Heard reports on the news...no footage. Glad they're all safe. Another good reason not to drink OVJ and drive:D

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 10:59 AM
They are saying there was 8 people in the truck and 6 have been taken to the Hospital via Life Flight. 2 others didn't survive.

SoonerPr8r
2/3/2011, 11:00 AM
Yea just saw this on newsok.com apparently 3 died and 5 were flown to the hospital.

http://newsok.com/article/3537801

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 11:04 AM
I'm watching the divers crawl on and around the truck and where the truck landed in the river...it looks like the divers can walk around the truck with water up a bit over their waist. It's not very deep so I'd say the injuries are bad for some of those folks. That was a heck of a drop off the bridge and hopefully the river bottom cushioned the fall a bit. For 2 if them, either the fall or the water or both got them. Prayers for the survivors.

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 11:07 AM
Yea just saw this on newsok.com apparently 3 died and 5 were flown to the hospital.

I was watching the live feed and that kind of makes sense because the last copter waited there for quite awhile. I'm guessing the 3rd victim didn't need an airlift do to succumbing to injury or cold or both.

SoonerPr8r
2/3/2011, 11:08 AM
I am glad I don't have to cross any rivers on my way home

btk108
2/3/2011, 11:08 AM
43 in OKC reported all 8 were out and ok. Sheesh.

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 11:14 AM

43 in OKC reported all 8 were out and ok. Sheesh.

Yeah. Sadly I don't think that's the case. As I was watching they had gotten all but one out of the truck and much later they had a victim on the bank. I'd be almost sure that person didn't make it and as I turned on the TV they said 6 got out of the truck and two didn't. The two that stayed in the truck were in freezing water. You just can't last very long in that frozen water.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah. Sadly I don't think that's the case. As I was watching they had gotten all but one out of the truck and much later they had a victim on the bank. I'd be almost sure that person didn't make it and as I turned on the TV they said 6 got out of the truck and two didn't. The two that stayed in the truck were in freezing water. You just can't last very long in that frozen water.

A matter of minutes if yer wet in these conditions :eek:

rekamrettuB
2/3/2011, 11:33 AM
They are saying there was 8 people in the truck and 6 have been taken to the Hospital via Life Flight. 2 others didn't survive.

Dang...sorry to hear.

OU-HSV
2/3/2011, 11:43 AM

That's what I gathered as well from watching it unfold. When their Skynews 6 camera footage started up I think everyone on top of the truck must have been either flown out already or in the process of being pulled up the bank. I noticed when they zoomed in and the rescue workers were reaching thru the window, they either grabbed a loose blanket or a victim who was limp. I'm surprised they showed all that closeup footage.

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 11:47 AM
Yep

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 11:48 AM
This article says at least 3 dead

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/8-people-and-their-vehicle-into-river-along-will-rogers-turnpike-near-miami

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah Vet...I get the feeling that the number of dead might rise. That was a really bad accident.

btk108
2/3/2011, 11:57 AM
that just sucks.

Breadburner
2/3/2011, 12:07 PM
Were they Hispanic.....

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 12:35 PM
Hell now a 18 wheeler has the other side of the Turnpike blocked. Thats got to be one hell of a mess.:eek:

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/jacknifed-semi-makes-rogers-tpike-situation-worse

delhalew
2/3/2011, 12:39 PM
Hell now a 18 wheeler has the other side of the Turnpike blocked. Thats got to be one hell of a mess.:eek:

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/jacknifed-semi-makes-rogers-tpike-situation-worse

It wasn't me.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 12:42 PM
It wasn't me.

Cool, Be careful out there bro

delhalew
2/3/2011, 12:51 PM
Cool, Be careful out there bro

Always. It's hard to get in much trouble when your fuel gels up and you can't go anywhere.

It's a shame we couldn't get through this storm without some fatalities.

bigfatjerk
2/3/2011, 02:31 PM
Now they are saying 2 died.

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 04:51 PM

BTW, I'm here in San Diego and the weather is pretty good. I thought you might want to know, since you're into all things California.

God I enjoy this. :D

ouduckhunter
2/3/2011, 04:54 PM
That's so sad! That is a really high bridge, so it is amazing that there are any survivors. Many, many years ago when I was a kid, a car ran off that same bridge and three people were killed, but I don't think it was weather related.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 05:02 PM
BTW, I'm here in San Diego and the weather is pretty good. I thought you might want to know, since you're into all things California.

:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 05:47 PM

Don't get upset about my comments after your next earthquake or fire out there.

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2011, 07:21 PM

As long as it happens after April.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 07:32 PM

Hey ST I think limptard has an
http://www.parfumo.nl/images/CKobsession.jpg

StoopTroup
2/3/2011, 07:38 PM
I think he just misses having been dealt a daily lesson.

Peach Fuzz
2/3/2011, 07:39 PM

Why the hell would you think thats cool to post in this thread... I don't mind you most of the time but you say some stupid/untimely ****

proud gonzo
2/4/2011, 01:27 AM
Why the hell would you think thats cool to post in this thread... I don't mind you most of the time but you say some stupid/untimely ****
no kidding. He likes hearing about people dying in a horrible accident. Not surprising, I gotta say.