PDA

View Full Version : Why are some OU Fans so soft?

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 10:05 AM
It sickens me when I see OUr fans happy that we are not playing certain teams/conference because they are good. The two latest examples being that SEC thread and the FSU thread..... and many others

True champions will play anyone, anywhere at anytime.
We have the talent to be the best so we should compete with the best because that is the only way we can prove to be the best.
When someone claims to have the best recruiting team - I want to play them.... to show them we are better. If you claim your conference is better - I want to play you - to show you we are better.
We should never feel the need to run from teams or be happy we don't play a team because they are good. That is weak! I hope some of OUr fans weak minded doubt does not affect our team because they need to believe and know that we will beat down anyone who steps on the field with us.

So this is a Public Service Message to some of OUr fans. QUIT ACTING LIKE B#$%$#$!!!!!!!!!!!

texaspokieokie
2/3/2011, 10:10 AM
Good points !!!

Anaxamander
2/3/2011, 10:19 AM
Good question. I love to see us play big time programs. Bring on Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, USC, Virginia Tech, whoever.

madillsoonerfan5353
2/3/2011, 10:24 AM
PLUS 1!!!!!! Bring on all comers!! The Big one can line up and the little ones can bunch up!!

BOOMER!

:gary:

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 10:28 AM
I'll tell you why. The fans who want to play a whorn schedule are the same fans who bitch every play when we don't score a TD. They HAVE to win. Their entire being is wrapped up in OU football and they ain't got nothing else, so when OU loses, they lose.

Don't get me wrong, I hate losing as bad as anybody, but I'd rather lose a hard fought game to a good SEC team by 3 than win against Ulala or Drake by 50. If you're the best, you should want to play the best. Period. Let all the rankings/BCS/crapola fall where it may. If you're any damn good, you'll be there at the end.

swardboy
2/3/2011, 10:44 AM
Public Service Announcement: Fans do not = Players.

CrimsonRez
2/3/2011, 10:59 AM
I'll tell you why. The fans who want to play a whorn schedule are the same fans who bitch every play when we don't score a TD. They HAVE to win. Their entire being is wrapped up in OU football and they ain't got nothing else, so when OU loses, they lose.

Don't get me wrong, I hate losing as bad as anybody, but I'd rather lose a hard fought game to a good SEC team by 3 than win against Ulala or Drake by 50. If you're the best, you should want to play the best. Period. Let all the rankings/BCS/crapola fall where it may. If you're any damn good, you'll be there at the end.

but...life does revolve around OU football

AlboSooner
2/3/2011, 11:02 AM

Tell that to the SEC who has been playing sisters of the poor in their non-conference for decades.

True champions find ways to win, and do not make it harder on themselves to win. It would be dumb for OU to make its schedule tougher than the other top 10 teams.

The current scheduling strategy by the Consigliere is perfect.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2011, 11:03 AM
The fans are soft because they sit on the couch too much, eating junk food and drinking beer. They need some time with Schmitty.

bmjlr
2/3/2011, 11:05 AM
The fans are soft because they sit on the couch too much, eating junk food and drinking beer. They need some time with Schmitty.

Is that bad? :D

bmjlr
2/3/2011, 11:06 AM

^^^^^THIS

SoonerPr8r
2/3/2011, 11:09 AM
When it comes to OU football I am never soft:D :D :D

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2011, 11:18 AM

Is that bad? :D

Nope - but you should earn it. Have a rule that you can't crack open a six pack until you are sporting a six pack. ;)

tcrb
2/3/2011, 11:21 AM
It's Stoops and Joe C. that line up the schedule, and the players are the ones who play the games. As long as those guys aren't soft, I could care less about who the OU fans want us to play.

jkjsooner
2/3/2011, 11:27 AM

Depends on how you define a "true champion." If you define it just as this sentence states then, sure, by definition that is true.

If you define it as the team that wins the national title, then, it is hardly true. Any team who played "anyone, anywhere, anytime" would stand no chance to win the national title. No team would ever get through a schedule if their 12 team schedule consisted of the top 12 teams in the country (excluding yourself).

If you say you want a top 5 schedule then, fine, I would agree. If you argue that you want the most difficult schedule as could possibly be achieved to fit some need to show your toughness, then I'd say you have suicidal tendencies.

Basically, I'm agreeing with what you said TO A POINT but the words you chose to use implied that you would be willing to take that to an absurd extreme. I would not.

Give me a playoff which would allow me to lose 1 or 2 games to get in then, sure, I'll play #1 - #12. Given a system where you have to be undefeated, then, no I'm not willing to destroy the best team's chance to win a national title in an attemp to show my toughness.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2011, 11:28 AM
It's Stoops and Joe C. that line up the schedule, and the players are the ones who play the games. As long as those guys aren't soft, I could care less about who the OU fans want us to play.

And they only have say on a few games a year as most games are either conference games or determined by the bowl gods. I don't see much room to criticize our out of conference schedule recently as we've always had a SOS advantage over our peers. We can always debate where we think we should land when the realignment talks are hot (i.e. we can **** into the wind).

jkjsooner
2/3/2011, 11:32 AM
Gosh, I hope my previous post doesn't sound like Leroy. I just think you can play a very tough schedule and a suicidal schedule. You want to do the former but not that latter.

tcrb
2/3/2011, 11:35 AM
And they only have say on a few games a year as most games are either conference games or determined by the bowl gods. I don't see much room to criticize our out of conference schedule recently as we've always had a SOS advantage over our peers. We can always debate where we think we should land when the realignment talks are hot (i.e. we can **** into the wind).

Good point...there are only 4 ooc games a year. Ou does a better job than most of lining up quality opponents.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 11:36 AM
Nope - but you should earn it. Have a rule that you can't crack open a six pack until you are sporting a six pack. ;)

Does that mean I can tap a keg?;)

TUSooner
2/3/2011, 11:44 AM
Have a rule that you can't crack open a six pack until you are sporting a six pack.

:D :D :D :D

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2011, 11:56 AM

That's the way I read it and the rules is the rules.

TMcGee86
2/3/2011, 11:58 AM
I'll take on any sucka in the country.

Let er rip.

adoniijahsooner
2/3/2011, 02:38 PM
It sickens me when I see OUr fans happy that we are not playing certain teams/conference because they are good. The two latest examples being that SEC thread and the FSU thread..... and many others

We have the talent to be the best so we should compete with the best because that is the only way we can prove to be the best.
When someone claims to have the best recruiting team - I want to play them.... to show them we are better. If you claim your conference is better - I want to play you - to show you we are better.
We should never feel the need to run from teams or be happy we don't play a team because they are good. That is weak! I hope some of OUr fans weak minded doubt does not affect our team because they need to believe and know that we will beat down anyone who steps on the field with us.

So this is a Public Service Message to some of OUr fans. QUIT ACTING LIKE B#$%$#$!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with all my manhood! Sick of reading posts where some ladyboy says, "This game scares me." or "We would be average in the SEC." Its reeks of ovarian residue.

BoomerJ
2/3/2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah...tell Joe C. he should man up and start scheduling some teams like Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Ohio State, LSU...

Oh wait.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2011, 03:06 PM
Agree with all my manhood! Sick of reading posts where some ladyboy says, "This game scares me." or "We would be average in the SEC." Its reeks of ovarian residue.

There are plenty of manly men here that pound hairy chests before every contests who may seem more honorable to you, but are equally misguided. I wouldn't take advice from either type if I were to bet real money on our games.

humblesooner
2/3/2011, 03:09 PM
Good point...there are only 4 ooc games a year. Ou does a better job than most of lining up quality opponents.

Going to 3 OOC games next year. We now play 9 B12 games.

rainiersooner
2/3/2011, 03:35 PM
Give me a playoff which would allow me to lose 1 or 2 games to get in then, sure, I'll play #1 - #12. Given a system where you have to be undefeated, then, no I'm not willing to destroy the best team's chance to win a national title in an attemp to show my toughness.

This is another reason I want to see a playoff. Teams would play better teams, because they wouldn't legitimately be concerned what losing one game to a top five team might do to their place in the polls - this would make that team better and create a better product for the fans.

adoniijahsooner
2/3/2011, 03:46 PM
There are plenty of manly men here that pound hairy chests before every contests who may seem more honorable to you, but are equally misguided. I wouldn't take advice from either type if I were to bet real money on our games.

I'm not a gambler, but I would have picked us to win against every team in the country at the beginning of year, with the exception being Alabama. When we have a tough game coming up, I get very excited. I like seeing the best going up against each other.

Mike Stoops
2/3/2011, 03:51 PM

Great rah-rah thread. You probably cry during the pledge of allegiance too. Maybe you can give the pre-game speech from now on. Look, if some of us feel like admiring another schools' coaching and recruiting and paying respect than that's what we're gonna do. If you don't like it then don't read it. Got it chief?

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 04:05 PM
Great rah-rah thread. You probably cry during the pledge of allegiance too. Maybe you can give the pre-game speech from now on. Look, if some of us feel like admiring another schools' coaching and recruiting and paying respect than that's what we're gonna do. If you don't like it then don't read it. Got it chief?

Huh? If admiring another schools coaching and recruiting makes you afraid to play them - then that is WEAK! I'm really not sure what point you are making though. What does admiring a team have to do with anything. Plus I read everything - if I like it or not - thats how I learn and how I learned that some of our fans act like chumps! I'm thinking that that would be a terrible pre-game speech too.

MamaMia
2/3/2011, 04:10 PM
Just as long as we have a very strong Strength of Schedule to be on top when there is a tie in the W's and L's column, as a fan, I'm good to go.

C&CDean
2/3/2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry, but I'm with the shak-doo-doo guy on this one.

Just because you respect the coach/program/players means you don't wanna play them? Chief?

Gay.

cleller
2/3/2011, 04:14 PM
Lets line up anyone - as long as its in Norman.

THE-JROD
2/3/2011, 04:18 PM
I dont care who we play, when or where we play them! If we cant beat them home or away, we simply arent the best. Seems like a pretty simple subject to me.

Mike Stoops
2/3/2011, 04:21 PM
I'm assuming this thread was a response to the one I started saying Jimbo Fisher was killing it in recruiting and that it will be a close game in Tallahassee. I guess that means I'm soft and afraid to play good teams. Sorry for trying to be analytical. In the future all my posts will only consist of catch phrases and buzz words like "OU RULES!!!" and "YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!" My apologies.

sooner_born_1960
2/3/2011, 04:27 PM
Mike, if that was the intent of this thread, I missed it. I thought it was calling out the crybabies that that didn't want OU to join the SEC, back when we thought that was possible. Because the SEC is tough, and stuff.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 04:37 PM
Mike, if that was the intent of this thread, I missed it. I thought it was calling out the crybabies that that didn't want OU to join the SEC, back when we thought that was possible. Because the SEC is tough, and stuff.

Yup, I aint paid enough Tention to this Mike dudes posts and or threads to GAS about him . :rolleyes:

tcrb
2/3/2011, 04:48 PM
I'm assuming this thread was a response to the one I started saying Jimbo Fisher was killing it in recruiting and that it will be a close game in Tallahassee. I guess that means I'm soft and afraid to play good teams. Sorry for trying to be analytical. In the future all my posts will only consist of catch phrases and buzz words like "OU RULES!!!" and "YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!" My apologies.

Probably not a good strategy to "assume" anything around here, Mike. I could be wrong, but I dont think that this thread had anything at all to do with you until you posted in it. Dont be so thin-skinned.

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 05:24 PM

I wasn't talking about you bro - I saw someone on that thread say "I am glad we don't have to play FSU in 2 years" and it made me flash back to that SEC thread and pi#### me off - No offence to you or anyone else -

soonercastor
2/3/2011, 05:26 PM
I dont care who we play, when or where we play them! If we cant beat them home or away, we simply arent the best. Seems like a pretty simple subject to me.

Of the BCS champs, how many teams would have gone undefeated playing the end of the year #2 to #13 teams (12 games)? Not many, if any.

We've played a great OOC for the most part lately, I don't know what all this is about. Wouldn't mind playing other great teams (1 or 2) home and home, but I wouldn't want us to play let's say USC, tOSU, LSU, Alabama in the same year (as OOC games). Because by doing so, other teams would automatically have a much higher chance of winning the BCS which isn't really fair.

Mike Stoops
2/3/2011, 05:29 PM
Oh ok. For some reason that thread seemed to rub some people the wrong way. I thought you were piling on. No hard feelings? :)

w0lfe
2/3/2011, 05:55 PM
BOOMER SOONER baby

ouwasp
2/3/2011, 07:16 PM
This is another reason I want to see a playoff. Teams would play better teams, because they wouldn't legitimately be concerned what losing one game to a top five team might do to their place in the polls - this would make that team better and create a better product for the fans.

rainier speaks with much wisdom.

Gotta admit, the softy part of me doesn't want to see SUC anytime soon. When have the Sooners ever had success against those bass turds? Just seems like the mojo is against OU when the two teams hook up.

oudavid1
2/3/2011, 07:48 PM
I just want to see Trey Franks play.

Leave me alone.

Sooner_Tuf
2/3/2011, 11:57 PM
Sh!t I didn't even know Shakadoodoo was on the team. That's how far out of the loop I am.

OUthunder
2/4/2011, 12:44 AM

I didn't realize that Drake played football?

I'll research it and get back to you.

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 02:03 AM
Sh!t I didn't even know Shakadoodoo was on the team. That's how far out of the loop I am.

Really? I thought the pom pom girls knew everyone on the team!

Sooner_Tuf
2/4/2011, 07:28 AM
Really? I thought the pom pom girls knew everyone on the team!

If I am your idea of a pom girl then you are even more messed up than you have come across so far, Champ (is that with an a?).

Shakadoodoo
2/4/2011, 07:58 AM
If I am your idea of a pom girl then you are even more messed up than you have come across so far, Champ (is that with an a?).

I was just having a laugh since we were crackin' jokes. But I have no Idea of you what so ever. I was not enthused enough to look at your profile.