PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing Something - SUC has 30 signees

PLaw
2/2/2011, 10:51 PM
I'm sure it's all within the limits NCAA sanctions, but it sure seems odd that they had big time scholly limits but sign 30 kids. Must be a lot of walk-ons that they included in the class.

BOOMER

Ruf/Nek7
2/2/2011, 10:52 PM
I remember the last time a thread was titled "Am I missing something.." should be fun to watch this one:pop:

NorthernIowaSooner
2/2/2011, 11:05 PM
I remember the last time a thread was titled "Am I missing something.." should be fun to watch this one:pop:

good job remembering two days ago.

i think since theyre appealing they get to use their full amount and when the penalties are upheld they will start their 30 less for two years or whatever it is.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2011, 12:18 AM
There is a link off espn (or is it si?) about this. At the time of the article, they had 9 early enrollees that would count against last years limit. The remainder could be accounted for if their appeal is granted and the penalty is cut from 10 schollies to 5. If not, they can put off the penalties until the appeal process completes, but that would extend the penalties for another season. Kiffin has decided to stock up now and extend the pain for another year most likely. If they win the appeal, I think they overtake UO pretty quickly.

rekamrettuB
2/3/2011, 10:24 AM
Early enrollees plus players that transferred is the way I understand it.

Sooner_Bob
2/3/2011, 11:00 AM
They had to sign 30 players to replace Mitch Mustain . . .

OU-HSV
2/3/2011, 04:30 PM
They had to sign 30 players to replace Mitch Mustain . . .

Oh snap...good one haha

OU-HSV
2/3/2011, 04:46 PM
Here's a story I just found that talks more in depth about this situation:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/03/2629818/usc-trojans-land-another-major.html

HBick
2/3/2011, 11:08 PM
good job remembering two days ago.

i think since theyre appealing they get to use their full amount and when the penalties are upheld they will start their 30 less for two years or whatever it is.

Bingo. Also with players leaving early they are able to add an extra 5. It's actually a smart move because if they can get young talent to come in, after the bowl ban is up, if they are successful they should be able to recruit well if they're winning even if it's only 15 schollies for two years and 20 for one

Sooner_Tuf
2/3/2011, 11:49 PM
Lane is trying for the Death Penalty.

sendbaht
2/4/2011, 03:05 AM
Smart really, get 30 good ones hope the stay for 4 years and all will be well.