PDA

View Full Version : Which fanbase do you hate the most?

Mike Stoops
2/2/2011, 04:57 PM
Besides Texas and OSU of course. I have to go with LSU. The way their fans disrespected us in New Orleans at the Sugar Bowl is something I'll never forget. To this day whenever I see an LSU bumper sticker on a car, the driver gets treated to an automatic bird. Please share some stories along with your picks.

sooner59
2/2/2011, 05:07 PM
LSU.

Other than that: Texas Tech

soonergirlNeugene
2/2/2011, 05:12 PM
Well taking those two out ends a lot of debate. My top 2 would still have been UT and LSU and I'm not sure it would be in that order.

KYSooner
2/2/2011, 05:12 PM
Texas and the entirety of the sec.

fadada1
2/2/2011, 05:13 PM
notre dame. i think they have alumni plates in every state - enough said.

OU Engineer
2/2/2011, 05:15 PM
1) oSu
2) LSU
3) UT
4) Auburn
5) Oregon

KantoSooner
2/2/2011, 05:20 PM
Oregon would need to be in there. And USC. Of course UT. And LSU. Notre Dame goes without mention. Possibly Missouri.

So many, so little time.

bmjlr
2/2/2011, 05:21 PM
Living in Kansas...it is hands down...K-State. Man they never shut up and act like they have as much tradition in football as OU.

TUSooner
2/2/2011, 05:24 PM
LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU. LSU.

Even people I otherwise like turn into obnoxious, stupid, noisy bassturds who need to have their skulls crushed as soon as they take on their LSU fan personas.

Soonerfan88
2/2/2011, 05:37 PM
I spent time in LSU land in the late 1990's - learned to hate them then and it's only gotten worse.

After my last couple of experiences in Columbia, Mizz fans are moving up the list. Oddly enough, around the state they aren't that bad but seem to get a really bad mob mentality once they hit Columbia/gametime.

ouduckhunter
2/2/2011, 05:57 PM
Short Whorns, Oreygone, USuC, Domers, Okie St.

picasso
2/2/2011, 05:59 PM
Any teams from Ohio and Pennsylvania. I absolutely hate the Amish.

SoCaliSooner
2/2/2011, 06:01 PM
USC. It's all I have to deal with...however...seeing myopic OU fans on message boards, they often compete for a close second.

Okieflyer
2/2/2011, 06:06 PM
I didn't get to experience LSU, but Miami's and Colorado's were the worst I have ever seen.

SoonerStormchaser
2/2/2011, 06:12 PM
Just wondering, how many threads does this make on this same subject over the past five years? I'm gonna go with a dozen.

Mike Stoops
2/2/2011, 06:12 PM
I was working at the stadium in 2004 when Oregon came to Norman. I thought most of their fans were pretty friendly. PAC-10 fans in general that I've met have been pretty laid back. Football just isn't a religion to them like it is to us.

NorCal Sooner
2/2/2011, 06:17 PM
Granada High School

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2011, 06:17 PM
The "fightin'" Texas fAggies.

texaspokieokie
2/2/2011, 06:19 PM
i hate none of them.

CBUS_SOONER
2/2/2011, 06:24 PM
tosu. they can all die and i wouldn't lose sleep

IslandSooner
2/2/2011, 06:25 PM
LSU for sure, because of the New Orleans experience. But MizzOUri fans can get F***ed also, after the way my family and I was treated in Columbia this past year.....
Living in N.W. Arkansas, I would like to give the Razorback fans a vote too.

ouwasp
2/2/2011, 06:29 PM
anybody that was around in the late '70s will recall how obnoxious the Ark fans were... they're probably the same today...

But osu fans are the ones I have to deal with... dadgum retards...

texaspokieokie
2/2/2011, 06:31 PM
i bet all other fan bases love the OU fan base.

Octavian
2/2/2011, 06:39 PM
what's not to love?

:)

SoonerBacker
2/2/2011, 06:40 PM
If you take the oSu and tu fans out, I really don't hate any of them. Of course, I don't have to deal with fans from other schools like I do with the sheephumpers and the shortWhorns.

ouwasp
2/2/2011, 06:50 PM
i bet all other fan bases love the OU fan base.

well, I know this: In 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, I never said a word to osu fan after the ou-osu game. I always let them bring it up, if they wanted to, then we'd talk over the game.

But I know poke fans that have bought Colorado shirts, texas shirts, etc after a Sooner loss.

can't stand 'em

texaspokieokie
2/2/2011, 06:58 PM
well, that proves it. Sooner are lovable to all others.

rekamrettuB
2/2/2011, 06:59 PM
Anyone that does not say LSU did not go to NOLA for that '04 Sugar Bowl.

Personally they are the only fans that I can say I dislike. Every other away game or bowl game I've been to I've never had a problem hanging/tailgating etc with the opposing team's fans. I know all fanbases have their small number *******s but the LSU fanbase is likely the reverse. It seems as if they relish their reputation. The only decent LSU fan I met was in the suite we were lucky enough to be in. Pregame he was very polite and we had some fan ribbing back and forth. But damn when the game started...that guy left and he began channeling one of the ******* LSU fans.

Cheerin' 4 OU
2/2/2011, 07:04 PM
I'm of the opinion that if it's Orange, it deserves my hate, and it covers their fan bases.

Texas fans don't bug me as bad as others, but OSU fans bug me. Since we're not supposed to list those two, I have to agree with the poster who claimed any SEC fan with the exception of Alabama fans.

You can't deal with of them without them becoming loud, ferocious, and degrading. Talk with a Florida fan and they'll screetch about how OU sucks and will outright laugh at you for being a fan of OU and will preach about how their tradition is every bit as glorious as Oklahoma's (*boggle*). Talk with a Tennessee fan and they'll do the same (well, except last year, they didn't get so bad). Arkie? HA! Have never met a nice piggy fan.

Alabama fans seem to be the only exception

I'd also like to add tOSU fans to the list. What I wouldn't give to kick every single one of them in the man fruit. The women up there don't seem to care about football, but god, their men really tick me right off.

Mike Stoops
2/2/2011, 07:08 PM
Anyone that does not say LSU did not go to NOLA for that '04 Sugar Bowl.

Personally they are the only fans that I can say I dislike. Every other away game or bowl game I've been to I've never had a problem hanging/tailgating etc with the opposing team's fans. I know all fanbases have their small number *******s but the LSU fanbase is likely the reverse. It seems as if they relish their reputation. The only decent LSU fan I met was in the suite we were lucky enough to be in. Pregame he was very polite and we had some fan ribbing back and forth. But damn when the game started...that guy left and he began channeling one of the ******* LSU fans.

Could not have said it any better. It's a good thing I had family with me that night or I probably would have had to spend a night in the slammer for fighting. The only SEC fans I can stomach are Bama fans. Bama fans that I've met are kinda like some Nebraska fans in that they really admire OU history and tradition.

texaspokieokie
2/2/2011, 07:08 PM
Cheerin
you're overly sensitive.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2011, 07:15 PM
Easy: Notre Dame and the New York Yankees.

SoonerDomiNation
2/2/2011, 07:28 PM
Texas freakin Tech

Scott D
2/2/2011, 07:37 PM
the obvious answer is the SEC...since it's really just one school with 12 intramural programs. ;)

oubose
2/2/2011, 09:19 PM
1) texas
2) nebraska
3) mizzou
4) texas

they all suck, some just a little more then others

Since71ASooner4Life
2/2/2011, 09:31 PM
the ny yankees of course

Leroy Lizard
2/2/2011, 10:05 PM
For the most part, fans are fans everywhere you go. There are two exceptions: UT and USC. Both are insufferable.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/2/2011, 10:11 PM
South Carolina

Mike Stoops
2/2/2011, 10:17 PM
For the most part, fans are fans everywhere you go. There are two exceptions: UT and USC. Both are insufferable.

I went to both NC games in 04 and 05. USC had their share of Richards just like every fanbase does but nothing to compares to LSU fans and I mean nothing. An evening at McAlester Prison would be more pleasant than having to share breathing space with those animals from weeziana.

Destreaux
2/2/2011, 10:27 PM
I don't post often but have been a long time member to this site. I joined mainly because I loved the fark board. I gotta say, I never realized this many people hated us. I feel bad for any of you that were "treated poorly" in New Orleans as that is my home town. I went to the game and was down in the french quarter all weekend. I saw more crap being dolled out by OU fans than I did any LSU fan giving anyone any crap.

Every group of fans that comes anywhere around here and loses lets loose the streams of hate post trip. Sometimes, as in every school, someone goes a bit too far. That goes for OU, Oregon, LSU, UF, Bama, Rutgers, and whoever else. Everyone has their fair share of A-holes.

I think LSU may have a few more a-holes than normal but a lot of those people are real big bandwagoners. This was probably the case in issues in new orleans. However LSU has WAY more hospitable fans than any other school. We may exchange some friendly ribbing and some tiger bait yelling but we'll also feed you and give you drinks til you can't stand anymore and ask for nothing in return. We are a loud boistrous group of people that like to have a good time and we appreciate it if you partake in that good time. Don't let the actions of a few disdain you from the rest. By the way, I hate Texas with a passion. Auburn as well.

lycao
2/3/2011, 12:27 AM
The Florida fans in 08 were the worst I have had to deal with other than texas fans.

BFS
2/3/2011, 08:19 AM
cu and mizzou...couple of freakin' wanna bes that are truely never will bes

BHB 91
2/3/2011, 08:20 AM
I don't hate any of them but I went to NOLA for the 2004 MNC and LSU fans are the rudest fans I have ever encountered, period. Those fans made the fans at the RRS look like girl scouts in comparison. Little kids were screaming and cussing at us along with elderly people. I was amazed at the lack of class with those people.

I will never route for LSU in anything, ever. Having Les Smiles there makes it even easier to depsise them!

TUSooner
2/3/2011, 09:27 AM
Just wondering, how many threads does this make on this same subject over the past five years? I'm gonna go with a dozen.

Yep. But they always give me another chance to show my disgust and contempt for the fans of
Loud Stupid U. :D

OUEngr1990
2/3/2011, 09:31 AM
The "fightin'" Texas fAggies.

This

OUEngr1990
2/3/2011, 09:33 AM
I don't hate any of them but I went to NOLA for the 2004 MNC and LSU fans are the rudest fans I have ever encountered, period. Those fans made the fans at the RRS look like girl scouts in comparison. Little kids were screaming and cussing at us along with elderly people. I was amazed at the lack of class with those people.
I will never route for LSU in anything, ever. Having Les Smiles there makes it even easier to depsise them!

coonasses in general are like that. It not because their LSU fans, its because they are who they are. classless people..and ignorant as f..

rekamrettuB
2/3/2011, 10:23 AM
I don't post often but have been a long time member to this site. I joined mainly because I loved the fark board. I gotta say, I never realized this many people hated us. I feel bad for any of you that were "treated poorly" in New Orleans as that is my home town. I went to the game and was down in the french quarter all weekend. I saw more crap being dolled out by OU fans than I did any LSU fan giving anyone any crap.

Every group of fans that comes anywhere around here and loses lets loose the streams of hate post trip. Sometimes, as in every school, someone goes a bit too far. That goes for OU, Oregon, LSU, UF, Bama, Rutgers, and whoever else. Everyone has their fair share of A-holes.

I think LSU may have a few more a-holes than normal but a lot of those people are real big bandwagoners. This was probably the case in issues in new orleans. However LSU has WAY more hospitable fans than any other school. We may exchange some friendly ribbing and some tiger bait yelling but we'll also feed you and give you drinks til you can't stand anymore and ask for nothing in return. We are a loud boistrous group of people that like to have a good time and we appreciate it if you partake in that good time. Don't let the actions of a few disdain you from the rest. By the way, I hate Texas with a passion. Auburn as well.

You are probably right that most of the trash fans that were in NOLA had never attended a game at Baton Rouge. Maybe it was because it was in NOLA that people were acting like much bigger fools than usual. My experiences weren't necessarily pointed at me or my group and had absolutely nothing to do with winning or losing. All of my experiences happened prior to the game. After the game I hit Harrah's until around 3-4 and walked back to hotel staying off of Bourbon. Most of what I was shocked at was how young LSU fan was going after older fans or little kids.

Soonerfan88
2/3/2011, 10:36 AM
Destreaux,

Yes, there are some good LSU fans but they are severly overshadowed by their ugly, rude, obnoxious brethren.

I was married to a Louisiana man, lived there in the mid to late 1990's, and attended several LSU games in Baton Rouge. We always showed up early for the tailgate and I was amazed at the behavior of many of the fans. Several times, they threw beer bottles and other trash at the opponent's buses. I could understand if it were only the Florida game because OU fans aren't exactly nice to Texas either. However, this was an every week occurrence. I thought maybe I was exaggerating the memories or their fans had gotten better but the Sugar Bowl only showed me that it got worse instead.

LSUdeek
2/3/2011, 10:44 AM
Not all of us are bad apples. :P

smackramensooner
2/3/2011, 10:56 AM
lsu. and its not even close.

btk108
2/3/2011, 11:33 AM
Texass....Misery is a close second

OU Engineer
2/3/2011, 11:52 AM
The Florida fans in 08 were the worst I have had to deal with other than texas fans.

Really? I tailgated with a lot fo them who parked right next to us, and although they were significantly WT they were alright people.

I think maybe the fact that we were outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 might be influencing your decision...

agoo758
2/3/2011, 01:09 PM
Texas, LSU, and Steven F. Austin. :mad:

bmrsnou
2/3/2011, 01:44 PM
1. OSU - I guess because I have a family full of the Cry-baby trash talkers
2. KSU - One of the worst away game experiences EVER!!
3. LSU - Maybe a few good ones, but they are VASTLY outnumbered by the bad ones
4. Sand People of Lubbock - Another place I will never go for an away game.
5. Texass - Just because

MamaMia
2/3/2011, 02:25 PM
Definitely LSU. Most people who were at the Sugar Bowl will agree with my assessment. I couldn't stand those people two days before the game. They were nasty. oSu runs a real close second.

stoopified
2/3/2011, 02:30 PM
All things Orange

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 02:43 PM
Texas
LSU
Organ Clucks

OSU is bad but they don't bother me because we always win and at the end of the day - we are all Oklahomans!

MamaMia
2/3/2011, 03:20 PM
I didn't get to experience LSU, but Miami's and Colorado's were the worst I have ever seen.

My husband dislikes Miami fans the most but LSU doesn't lag far behind them. I had to step in between him and a Tiger so he wouldn't miss the game.

MamaMia
2/3/2011, 03:27 PM
well, that proves it. Sooner are lovable to all others.Actually, a non bias reporter did an investigation of all the Big Twelve game experiences a while back and he reported that OU fans were the best.

texaspokieokie
2/3/2011, 03:36 PM
Actually, a non bias reporter did an investigation of all the Big Twelve game experiences a while back and he reported that OU fans were the best.

was there ever any doubt ???

MamaMia
2/3/2011, 03:45 PM

I think LSU may have a few more a-holes than normal but a lot of those people are real big bandwagoners. This was probably the case in issues in new orleans. However LSU has WAY more hospitable fans than any other school. We may exchange some friendly ribbing and some tiger bait yelling but we'll also feed you and give you drinks til you can't stand anymore and ask for nothing in return. We are a loud boistrous group of people that like to have a good time and we appreciate it if you partake in that good time. Don't let the actions of a few disdain you from the rest. By the way, I hate Texas with a passion. Auburn as well. Your head must be in the sand. You are known for being trashy fans by everyone everywhere. This board was full of posts about your rude fans that were being made a day or two before the game even started by fans that were there. It had nothing to do with winning or losing. We have great respect for many teams who have been the victor.

This is just one bit on your people, but there are more, such as the story of death threats made to the quarterback of an opposing team, made to his cell phone, rocking the buses of visiting teams and etc. ...

http://www.lsureveille.com/our-view-tailgating-as-bama-fans-highlighted-lsu-s-belligerence-1.903414

Flagstaffsooner
2/3/2011, 03:53 PM
Funny story. A friend and I went to a late '80s osu game at Owen Field. I printed us up some shirts for the game. Mine was a copy of the Pat Jones 'Oklahoma Aggies' shirt with a big SUCK underneath. My friend had one on with the pistol pete logo and said 'Patron Saint of Losers' underneath.
After the game some drunks at O'Connels saw us at a distance and started yelling awful insults at us thinking we were osu fans. We laughed our azzes off comparing it to the book/movie 'Black Like Me'. We still call that the 'Aggie Like Me Game'.

MO_Sooner
2/3/2011, 03:55 PM
missouri. Living here being an OU fan isn't always fun. Most of my family are missouri fans. Have an uncle that went there and he's the worst of all of the fans. Been worse this year since they won. For one, he won't shut up about "Big Game Bob". Says "before the Fiesta Bowl he couldn't win the big games." Idiot!!! Does missouri even know what a big game is. They've played in two conf. champ. games and got waxed. Let's see, who would you rather have as a coach, "Big Game Bob" (which I hate how the media gave him that name) or "Never Gonna Get There" Gary? hmmmmmmmm
Second, he compared missouri to programs like OU, Texas, USC, and Alabama saying they are a top tier team b/c they've won just as many games, the past few seasons, as those programs.
Now you see why I can't stand missouri fans and also what I get to look forward to when my family gets together!!

MamaMia
2/3/2011, 03:56 PM
Another example/LSU...best SEC stadium but WORST fans.

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=68161

IslandSooner
2/3/2011, 03:57 PM
Texas, LSU, and Steven F. Austin. :mad:

Interesting that you threw out SFA, the day of our CCG against Nebbish my son and I ate at the Humperdinks next to Campbell Centre and SFA fans were having a watch party for a playoff game. I was impressed by the numbers that showed up, but I was shocked how rude they were to us, even though we just sat in our booth and minded our on business. It wasn't to the point that it was an issue, just kinda funny how they decided to direct stupid remarks our way.... Great Pumpkin Brew though:)

Mike Stoops
2/3/2011, 03:57 PM
Your head must be in the sand. You are known for being trashy fans by everyone everywhere. This board was full of posts about your rude fans that were being made a day or two before the game even started by fans that were there. It had nothing to do with winning or losing. We have great respect for many teams who have been the victor.

This is just one bit on your people, but there are more, such as the story of death threats made to the quarterback of an opposing team, made to his cell phone, rocking the buses of visiting teams and etc. ...

http://www.lsureveille.com/our-view-tailgating-as-bama-fans-highlighted-lsu-s-belligerence-1.903414

Great point MamaMia. If you wanna know how LSU fans feel about OU go to their message board Tiger Droppings. Pretty vile stuff. I went to college with a guy from Shreveport and he said growing up in LA it was nothing but OU hate and jealousy from the entire culture. Things like "Switzer won all those titles because he cheated" and more nonsense.

IronHorseSooner
2/3/2011, 04:32 PM
I just did a random poll here at my office, as we have a good cross-section of fans here (tOSU, Ole Miss, WVU, Penn State, Nebraska, A&M, and others) and LSU was unanimous! They are known far and wide for their classless behavior.

Soonerman82
2/3/2011, 04:45 PM
Texas. They are without a doubt the most arrogant bunch of D-rockets.

olevetonahill
2/3/2011, 04:51 PM
I aint a Hater, I mostly just feel sorry for anyone who aint a SOONER ;)

KantoSooner
2/3/2011, 05:42 PM
Great point MamaMia. If you wanna know how LSU fans feel about OU go to their message board Tiger Droppings. Pretty vile stuff. I went to college with a guy from Shreveport and he said growing up in LA it was nothing but OU hate and jealousy from the entire culture. Things like "Switzer won all those titles because he cheated" and more nonsense.

This is about what I've experienced which is kind of mystifying. It's not like there's a huge rivalry between the states. Even in football, we play them about once a decade. And with NOLA and the whole cajun thing, they have a strong and positive identity that we in no way infringe upon.
Yet, the minute you're identified as an Okie (and I travel to Lafayette, New Iberia, etc. 4-5 times per year), out comes the spleen.
It's like dayum, people, do you really feel that inferior to us that you're driven into attack mode simply by the sight of a sooner?

I did get a phone number (it worked, too!) from a really nice bartender lady who felt sorry for me, though; so all is not lost in the area of LA hospitality.

Shakadoodoo
2/3/2011, 06:16 PM
I aint a Hater, I mostly just feel sorry for anyone who aint a SOONER ;)

I can dig it!!!!!

texaspokieokie
2/3/2011, 06:19 PM
I can dig it!!!!!

me too !!!!!!!!

Mike Stoops
2/3/2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/24292220/Sooners-hate-LSU-more-than-Texas.aspx

Apparently LSU fans look at this website

Mike Stoops
2/3/2011, 08:25 PM
I remember hearing from some old timers that the Miami fans of the 80's were pretty bad.

OU_Sooners75
2/3/2011, 08:34 PM
My least favorite fan bases that I have actually encountered while attending an OU game at one point in time for any sport:

1. Texas (Do I really need to explain why?)
2. USC (Want to talk about a fan base that are full of fairweather fans that do not know **** about football!)
3. LSU (Not because we lost or because of Miles, Miles is actually a great guy {talked to him a few times when he was at OSU and saw him at youth wrestling tourneys} no I dislike this fan base because they're just as passionate as we are, but they are a little obnoixous).
4. Notre Dame (They think the 1920s and 1930s still mean something to this sport.)
5. Kansas State (From my experience in 2003 at the B12 CG. they acted like they have never won a game before against OU).
6. Arkansas (They can't win anything significant so they live vicoriously through their conference).
7. Oklahoma State (Family rivalry in my family, but there are some real asshats in their fan base).
8. Colorado (if you have never attended a CU game in Boulder, then you wouldn't understand. These guys actually think they have a rich football tradition).
9. Missouri (2008 CCG, all I heard was about how great they were and how overrated we were. They left by halftime.)
10. Nebraska (lived in Omaha, some of the most respectful fans, at least the older ones. But some of the rudest away from the stadium and sporting events).

Ruf/Nek7
2/3/2011, 09:33 PM
Oregon, no doubt about it.

soonerbrat
2/3/2011, 09:46 PM
LSU without a doubt. in 2004 when we were there, I was walking alone and there was a gang of them following me and calling me "tiger bait" and "sooner whore" and yelling other obscenities at me. I never even hardly looked at those guys before they started all that..i had to go up to a group of Sooner fans and ask them to please pretend to know me and walk me to my car.

The other ones that were seriously hostile were Mizzery fans. They talked a LOT of chit before the bigXII champ game in San Antonio, and after we beat the crap out of them, one of them pretended to be a good sport and offered to buy me a shot (tequila), then she dumped it all over my face.

pokie state fans really chap my *** too. very obnoxious.

lycao
2/4/2011, 02:53 PM
Really? I tailgated with a lot fo them who parked right next to us, and although they were significantly WT they were alright people.

I think maybe the fact that we were outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 might be influencing your decision...

No, it was the group that was in our section. They kept trying to pick fights with people. They tried to fight an elderly couple in front on them and some girls behind them. They would also step on our feet every time they left the row.

Outside the stadium was not much better. I don't mind the gator chomp thing until they get in your face with it. Also the group that kept telling us how it sucks to be us all the way to the car.

soonerbrat
2/4/2011, 07:12 PM

the florida fans were pretty nice to us. we tailgated with them before the game and after, too. My (then) boyfriend's brother and sister in law were florida fans and they were the most obnoxious ones.

Treefiddy
2/7/2011, 12:20 AM
You are probably right that most of the trash fans that were in NOLA had never attended a game at Baton Rouge.

This.

Many of the fans in NO are of the fairweather type. They're rude and aren't really a part of the tailgate scene in Baton Rouge. Make the trip to Tiger Stadium to see the real LSU fans.

And you OU fans, you're not a bad bunch. I work in Tulsa and haven't had any problems with OU fans. We can exchange jabs at each other in good fun and most are cool with it.

On the other side of the coin is Auburn. Hands down the worst fan base out there. They were particularly bad around the BCSNCG. I was on a plane full of them on the way home to PHX from the Cotton Bowl and the Dallas AU Alumni chapter damn near filled the plane. There were fans of a few schools sitting around me, and we were all jabbing at each other. The Barners all went through their cheers before the flight. I told them good luck, and that they should win it for the SEC... they sure paid enough for it. They didn't like that, and took any comment personally. Much worse than Bammers or Horns. They didn't even rep the SEC when they won. I'm gonna roll when their wins are vacated.

LSUMeathead
2/8/2011, 02:52 PM
I won't argue that some of you had a bad experience at the 2004 Sugar Bowl, but I do find it funny that in the 17 years since my first year at LSU, and having season tickets since graduation, I have only seen incidents similar to those mentioned here (throwing beer bottles, obscenities at the elderly, physical harassment, etc) less than 5 times and each time something happened like that, other LSU fans swarmed the perpetrator to set them straight.

I know we have a reputation for being loud, rowdy, and obnoxious, and I know that many of our fans hold that up as a trophy, but to say that our fan base as a whole is like that is pretty myopic. I also question how many of these "incidents" are really fish stories. For example, did you really get harassed to the point that you feared for your life, or did someone just yell "Tiger Bait!" at you from across the street?

Mike Stoops
2/8/2011, 06:25 PM
I won't argue that some of you had a bad experience at the 2004 Sugar Bowl, but I do find it funny that in the 17 years since my first year at LSU, and having season tickets since graduation, I have only seen incidents similar to those mentioned here (throwing beer bottles, obscenities at the elderly, physical harassment, etc) less than 5 times and each time something happened like that, other LSU fans swarmed the perpetrator to set them straight.

I know we have a reputation for being loud, rowdy, and obnoxious, and I know that many of our fans hold that up as a trophy, but to say that our fan base as a whole is like that is pretty myopic. I also question how many of these "incidents" are really fish stories. For example, did you really get harassed to the point that you feared for your life, or did someone just yell "Tiger Bait!" at you from across the street?

It's not just the 2004 Sugar Bowl experience although that is a huge part of it. I think that LSU fans in general just hate OU for some reason. I have some Buckeye friends that went to the 08 BCS game and they didn't have any problems. I've met several otherwise nice people from Louisiana but the second I tell them that I went to OU it's like a switch goes off and they turn into Randy Quaid from Major League II. I went to a message board called Tiger Droppings to chat with some SEC people a few times but everytime I tried to have a nice discussion with someone about football the LSU fans swarmed to me like a pack of wolves because of my OU logo.

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 06:44 PM
After this weekend, the Dallas Mother****ing Cowboys.

C&CDean
2/8/2011, 07:05 PM
Why dat? Cause all I've heard all weekend is "we America's team!" WGAF? WE champs.

I Am Right
2/8/2011, 07:11 PM
Stoolwater and MU

2/8/2011, 07:15 PM
Why dat? Cause all I've heard all weekend is "we America's team!" WGAF? WE champs.I temp forgot you are a packer fan

agoo758
2/8/2011, 07:19 PM
Ill add another to the list here. I have to go with UL Lafayette fans.

They arn't jerks or anything like that, but the few that exist (and there are VERY few) seem to accept the fact that their team is a loser and will always be a loser. (UL is arguably the worst team in the history of college football) There just seems to be no enthusiasm to change the culture of losing in this organization, even though Lafayette has a very solid recruiting base and could pick up more than its fair share of solid players who fall under LSU's radar. We had some things going with Nelson Stokley (Brandon Stokley's father), but once he was gone we fell back to where we had been the previous several decades.

2/8/2011, 07:28 PM
Ill add another to the list here. I have to go with UL Lafayette fans.

They arn't jerks or anything like that, but the few that exist (and there are VERY few) seem to accept the fact that their team is a loser and will always be a loser. (UL is arguably the worst team in the history of college football) There just seems to be no enthusiasm to change the culture of losing in this organization, even though Lafayette has a very solid recruiting base and could pick up more than its fair share of solid players who fall under LSU's radar. We had some things going with Nelson Stokley (Brandon Stokley's father), but once he was gone we fell back to where we had been the previous several decades.Send me 50 lb. of frozen crawfish tails, pls.

agoo758
2/8/2011, 07:31 PM
Send me 50 lb. of frozen crawfish tails, pls.

**** that. You can get them frozen anywhere. Come to laffy and I'll hook you up with a fresh 10 pound sack of Craw's with boiled potatoes, corn and sausage.

2/8/2011, 07:47 PM
**** that. You can get them frozen anywhere. Come to laffy and I'll hook you up with a fresh 10 pound sack of Craw's with boiled potatoes, corn and sausage.I've been thinking about a road trip before long to see fambly in NOLA. Might take you up with that on the way.

LSUMeathead
2/8/2011, 09:05 PM
It's not just the 2004 Sugar Bowl experience although that is a huge part of it. I think that LSU fans in general just hate OU for some reason.

Outside of Louisiana, Texas has the largest population of LSU Alumni. Pretty much most LSU fans don't like Texas or Texas A&M. I would think that living in Big XII country has to harbor some of those feelings for OU. Personally, I have no opinion about OU, good or bad. Then again, I live in Atlanta, so OU is out of sight, out of mind.

I went to a message board called Tiger Droppings to chat with some SEC people a few times but everytime I tried to have a nice discussion with someone about football the LSU fans swarmed to me like a pack of wolves because of my OU logo.

Tiger Droppings is exactly what the name implies, it is ****. Basically where all the LSU fans that you guys are talking about congregate. All message boards have their Internet tough guys, but I know many LSU fans that don't go to Tiger Droppings because it is almost cannibalistic if you go against the grain. Not much discussion, mostly "Agree with me or you are a dumb ***"

Football Jim
2/9/2011, 12:35 AM
Freakin' South Dakota State!

Not really.

LSU and the "new Nebraska". After TO left their fanbase started sucking real fast.
Sand Aggies will round out my list.

OUEngr1990
2/9/2011, 01:35 PM
The more I'm around tech fans, the more I hate them.

nativesooner
2/9/2011, 02:26 PM
I can't say the entire SEC because the Bama fans I've met were really cool. One even gave me a free Bama polo after the game in Tuscaloosa. Not sure about Auburn but once I wore that Bama shirt and was flipped off by a local Tiger fan. I'd have to say Colorado and KState fans are pretty bad but the WORSE I've ever encountered were LSU fans. My wife asked me if OU makes it to the National Championship this year if we would be going. I told her only if we're not playing LSU because I didn't want to get arrested. :D

greeksooner
2/9/2011, 02:58 PM
dallas "the losers" cowpoke fans

MyT Oklahoma
2/10/2011, 07:49 PM
I don't hate anybody but its been 25 years and I still despise The U. :mad:

Soonersince57
2/11/2011, 12:53 PM
I don't hate anybody but its been 25 years and I still despise The U. :mad:

^ This. Thugs with coaches that encouraged it.

MR2-Sooner86
2/11/2011, 01:45 PM
Never had any problems with the Missouri fans at the '08 Championship and we sat in the middle of them. They were a little mouthy at first but my group was mouthy right back. They seemed to be pushovers really. Once we started to pull away they got real quiet.

When I go up to see friends in Kansas, I don't know why but KSU fans, what's the deal? These guys have some hardcore penis envy. Yeah, Stoops was an assistant for your team, big f*cking deal he's our coach now. Even if he did "learn to win" at KSU he's winning for us, not you. I was shocked the first time one of their fans came after me. Happens every single time too from a different fan.

I've never really met a "bad" Texas fan which surprises me. Other than yanking each other's chains it doesn't get ugly.

OSU is different. I've met their bad, mad, and ugly fans. Seriously, I have a special place of hate in my heart for those low life sons of bitches.

NMSooner'80
2/11/2011, 03:24 PM
I can picture Mizzou fans being lousy, although it's not really from experience. But, my folks had a really bad experience with some ex-Mizzou player who was part of a group that they hosted for dinner one night (they didn't know the Mizzou couple, but they were friends of my mom's former assistant when was was still working). The guy noticed some OU paraphenalia at our house, and he started mouthing off about how dirty of a team OU was when he played them. The butt-wipe didn't have the class to keep it zipped in someone's home where he wasn't directly invited in the first place.

I also really hated the CU students who used to flock to Norman during the St. Sal / McCartney days. Worse visiting students I've ever seen - even worse than the ones from Payne County.

ashley
2/11/2011, 03:56 PM
Mature people hate very few things. The just ignore the things they don't like.

texaspokieokie
2/11/2011, 04:45 PM
Mature people hate very few things. The just ignore the things they don't like.

maybe that's what i'm doing. i certainly don't hate any "fan base".

it's just a game.